Best Aftermarket Sights? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best Aftermarket Sights?

ninjag19
02-03-2013, 08:18
Well I'm sure there are a lot of opinions on this!
I have a G19 gen4 with stock sights which seem pretty good. However after seeing all the hype regarding other sights, I am thinking of joining in! lol
Just looking for suggestions on this, I shoot at the range often just for fun and have the Glock for self defense too of course. Thanks!

DannyR
02-03-2013, 08:27
Check out your options at www.ameriglo.net

sugarcreek
02-03-2013, 08:46
I just put the Ameriglo GL-201 set on my gen4 19 last week. I really like them. The orange front outline shows GREAT in the day or dimmer light, and I like the 2 dot forward and rear combo. 88$ at Optics Planet.

GRT45
02-03-2013, 08:46
Another vote for the AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro night sights.

My journey down the path of aftermarket sights is well documented at the link below. I think something in that post will be helpful to you as my application was very similar to yours; sights for a CCW pistol that are also suitable for range work at longer distances.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18998973&postcount=5

Joshhtn
02-03-2013, 08:51
I am a fan of the XS Big Dot sights.

iflyem1
02-03-2013, 08:58
I like good ole Glock night sights.

SouthernBoyVA
02-03-2013, 09:04
I have found for me and my gen3 G19 and G23's the Trijicon night sights, model GL01, works best. The dots do not distract me in normal light conditions, the amount of light emitted in lot or no light conditions is just right, and in normal light conditions there is the right about of light getting past the front post to the rear aperture which is a strong aid for sight alignment. Plus they are low profile and snag free with no sharp edges.

Scrappy
02-03-2013, 09:09
Cant beat them for the price
http://www.topgunsupply.com/ameriglo-tritium-night-sight-set-i-dot-glock-9mm-.40-.357-.45-g.a.p.-green-green.html

Patchman
02-03-2013, 09:10
I am a fan of the XS Big Dot sights.

I'm starting to be also. For CCW guns only. And my eyesight is now old. So this could be just a niche preference.

Have had Trijican nite sights in several guns, since at least 1999. The oldest one still glows strongly. Absolutely no complaints.

ede
02-03-2013, 10:06
Best way to find out is one of two ways, either start buying sights, mixing and matching fronts and rears or try other people guns and sights. Following what others do may or maynot give the best results for you.

Depending on your application I'd evaluate over a standard COF and look at how long to first shot, split times as well as accuracey.

wdp
02-03-2013, 10:19
All 3 of my Glocks wear Trijicon green dots however the G30 has the low profile Novak rear which is very nice but way overpriced. I also installed a XS front sight on my 38Bodyguard and it amazing. That company makes some fine products. Getting back to Trijicon, I understand the green lights lasts longer (10years I think) than the orange.

Pred8tory
02-03-2013, 11:12
I've always had good results with both Trijicon and Mepro.

danyo
02-03-2013, 11:34
I LOVE my Ameriglo "Hack Sights"

trlcavscout
02-03-2013, 11:38
My favorite so far were the Ameriglo operator pros I had on my G22, great for day, night, and competition. I will be getting a set for my G30 soon.

freezetime
02-03-2013, 12:24
I have a set of Trijicon GL-01's on order for my 19. Cant wait to get em in.

Paul53
02-03-2013, 13:13
Depends on your needs, age and your style. There is lots of info about sights if you search the GT site. Some are better for combat than target shooting. Try other peoples sights if possible.

My 60 year old eyes without a clear dominant eye, and a condition causing weak muscles made three dot, and stock sights really frustrating. After many false starts I settled on Ameriglo idot pros. Just 2 dot to line up, wasn't looking for night sights but they were cheaper than many other options. Outstanding choice for me.

Also, how old are you? Due to normal aging, everybody 42 or older can benefit from glasses.

Motor City Glocker
02-03-2013, 13:34
I have Trijicon GL01 sights on my carry gun.

AgentM79
02-03-2013, 13:36
Ameriglo CAP for me; they totally re-defined my relationship with my G19. Trijicons (like Sam Adams) are always a good decision, too. Even Glock OEM tritium sights are a solid choice now, with the front sight being screw-on rather than press-on.

rdunk
02-03-2013, 15:07
I like what I have seen and read about the TruGlo Trintium/Fiber Optic sights. Visibility seems to be really good, daylight or dark. Really are bright in some reviewing videos.

I have bought green/green, and will be getting installed this week, in my 32c.

Just a note FYI - the TruGlo application chart has the 32c /.357sig requiring the "Glock High" sights. According to TruGlo, that is erroneous, and should reflect "Glock low" application. TruGlo is changing their application chart. (No, I do not know what the difference in Glock-hi and Glock-low is)

SouthernBoyVA
02-04-2013, 06:52
I have a set of Trijicon GL-01's on order for my 19. Cant wait to get em in.

Trust me, you're going to really like these sights. One of the things that is noticeable right off is the fact that in normal light conditions, the front blade lets enough light around it to enter the rear aperture so that you can obtain a decent sight alignment. A lot of after market sights don't do this. Either they let too much light in (Warren Sevigny Tactical sights) or not enough (such as the standard Glock sight setup). Second, the lamps in the Trijicon sights are not so large that they draw you attention to them in daytime shooting.

These are excellent sights for the compact Glocks like the 19 and 23 series.

yamen1999
02-07-2013, 15:14
I went from trijicon to hex sights due to a change in my tactics. I also shoot for combat accuracy and not bullseye. I learned to point shoot which is why I changed my tactics. I found glow in the dark sights to bright when I've spent some time in the dark and my eyes have adjusted. The hex sight improved my point shooting and aimed fire.
http://goshen-hexsite.com/ The hex sight works very well in very low light conditions.