Karl Rove and rich GOP donors wage war on Tea Party [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Karl Rove and rich GOP donors wage war on Tea Party

G17Jake
02-03-2013, 19:37
http://www.therightscoop.com/karl-rove-and-rich-gop-donors-wage-war-on-tea-party/

It is the most robust attempt yet by Republicans to impose a new sense of discipline on the party, particularly in primary races....

....but we want to pick the most conservative candidate who can win.

I never did like Rove.

aircarver
02-03-2013, 20:05
They are gonna find the tea party warring right back .... :frown:

janice6
02-03-2013, 20:11
I only have one vote and limited money, but I am willing to use them to the best of my ability. I want fiscal responsibility and screw the pol's that berate me for it.

frank4570
02-03-2013, 20:19
Rove and his crew think more conservative republicans will lose against democrats.

Bruce H
02-03-2013, 20:49
Rove and his crew think more conservative republicans will lose against democrats.

Is it that or is ole Rove and company worring about becoming irrelevant. They probably see their lifestyles turning for the worst. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Rove and his crew living under a bridge starving to death.

JBnTX
02-03-2013, 21:55
Is it that or is ole Rove and company worring about becoming irrelevant.

Karl Rove and his kind are on their way out of the republican party.
They're just knocking over chairs on their way out.

More conservative candidates will soon steer the party back to it's conservative roots, and there'll be no room for the likes of Rove.

G17Jake
02-03-2013, 22:11
It would help if conservative candidates would understand that the media will do everything in its power to snare them. They need to stop saying stupid crap like legitimate rape, even if they feel they are correct.

They need to think in terms of how what they say will be heard by the masses, and not whether they are right or not.

czsmithGT
02-03-2013, 22:22
It would help if conservative candidates would understand that the media will do everything in its power to snare them. They need to stop saying stupid crap like legitimate rape, even if they feel they are correct.

They need to think in terms of how what they say will be heard by the masses, and not whether they are right or not.

This is a fact.

Ruble Noon
02-04-2013, 05:52

Yeah, republicans need to start worrying about winning and not so much about being right. That said, I'm glad that the likes of Mourdock and Aiken speak before thinking. People that believe in legitimate rape have no business governing.

G17Jake
02-04-2013, 07:03
Yeah, republicans need to start worrying about winning and not so much about being right. That said, I'm glad that the likes of Mourdock and Aiken speak before thinking. People that believe in legitimate rape have no business governing.

I'm detecting sarcasm. :wavey:

They can be right without stating it in some stupid way that gives the left sound bites to play.

I'm asking them to choose their words wisely. Know that when they go on ABC news that the purpose of the interview for the ABC News person is to destroy them. I don't remember what station it was when Akin made the legitimate rape comment. It may have been FOX, but it doesn't matter. The point is the same.

Is Aiken a conservative? I don't know. Is Claire McCaskill a conservative?....

Skyhook
02-04-2013, 07:25
"The Conservative Victory Project, which is backed by Karl Rove and his allies who built American Crossroads into the largest Republican super PAC of the 2012 election cycle, will start by intensely vetting prospective contenders for Congressional races to try to weed out candidates who are seen as too flawed to win general elections."

It's their definition of 'flawed' that has me concerned.

BTW, how did Rove do on predicting the last big race?:whistling:

aircarver
02-04-2013, 07:32
Yeah, republicans need to start worrying about winning and not so much about being right...

Winning doesn't mean much, when the guys that 'won' stand by and hold the commie-crats' coat while they rape and pillage this nation ... :frown:

Cavalry Doc
02-04-2013, 07:44
Hmmm. Looks like that didn't work out so well the last two presidential campaigns when the big wigs in the Rep Party pushed their candidate.

I will vote for who I think the most conservative candidate that can win is. Picking moderate candidates, especially those that have been in Washington for a long time, is a waste of time. The left is full of radicals, and the Right wants a bunch of moderates...... That is not a plan for victory.

GAFinch
02-04-2013, 17:03

So you think that statutory rape from a teenager's boyfriend is the same as forcible rape?