Simple Observation about 2012 Election [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Simple Observation about 2012 Election

ked
02-04-2013, 00:23
If Romney had won, he would not have fixed anything. He is a RINO, and we all know that. We would have had to listen to the Democrats talk about how we should have re-elected Obama, And how he would have fixed this mess. This, i believe would have led to an almost certain Democrat win in 2016.

With Obamas win, he is going to drive the USA into the ground. Furthermore, the press will not turn against him. They will not admit their mistake. Ever!

But, just like a drug addict or alcoholic has to hit bottom before they turn around and begin a recovery, I believe this country will not return to solid principles unless we hit bottom. It's sad, but I don't believe there is any other way. The problem is that sometimes the addict dies. And we also know, that countries also drastically change directions.

Bottom line: I've come to the conclusion that an Obama win may be better in the long run that a Romney win. If we survive, that is.

ked:steamed:

akroguy
02-04-2013, 01:33
I understand your position and tend to agree. As the next four years tick by, it will become increasingly absurd for obummer to keep blaming the last guy....at some point, even the most ardent kool aid drinkers are going to wonder WTF is going on and just MAYBE they need to unf u k themselves and make a different choice in 2016.

cowboy1964
02-04-2013, 06:58
I agree somewhat EXCEPT if Obama gets to replace one moderate or conservative Supreme with a liberal over the next four years it is going to be a disaster that may take decades to undo.

pugman
02-04-2013, 07:11
Bottom line: I've come to the conclusion that an Obama win may be better in the long run that a Romney win. If we survive, that is.ked:steamed:

The United States will survive - by this I mean the very dirt and concrete we walk on daily. As for the actual states, the 1st Constitution, etc who knows - we will let the civil war/breakup of the country decide this.

Republicans and Democrats play checkers every election to see who gets to screw over the country for the next four years. If one side wins twice in a row, the next time they need to play blindfolded. This party has hookers and blow and you and I pay for it through Federal "Discretionary" Spending.

While this seems ludicrous it makes about as much as sense as the Republican party putting Romney up against Obama. Obama vs Obama-lite isn't going to motivate or mobilize conservative voters. However, I wonder how many of those folks are left? Republicans have marginalized Hispanics, Gays, Women, Democrats, Blacks, the elderly, etc. Before you know it, the Republican party will be able to hold their national convention at the local Motel 6 with room to spare.

All this is moot. The dollar will fail before then - then the mud slinging, name calling, finger pointing will be more entertaining than the Super Bowl Commericals.

Skyhook
02-04-2013, 07:13
I agree somewhat EXCEPT if Obama gets to replace one moderate or conservative Supreme with a liberal over the next four years it is going to be a disaster that may take decades to undo.

Decades? Centuries to never, I should think.

(Funny, I had not taken you for an optimist before this.)

:)

JBnTX
02-04-2013, 07:52
If Romney had won, he would not have fixed anything.
(How do you know this? Do you have a crystal ball?)

Bottom line: I've come to the conclusion that an Obama win may be better in the long run that a Romney win. If we survive, that is.
(It will take more than a bad president to bring this country down. Have a little faith in the American people.)

There's NO way in hell Obama is the better choice.

You sound like a liberal Obama supporter doing damage control for him and trying to justify his anti-American agenda.

People like you didn't even give Romney a chance, so how can you spout that crap about him not changing anything?

:steamed:

Skyhook
02-04-2013, 08:02
There's NO way in hell Obama is the better choice.

You sound like a liberal Obama supporter doing damage control for him and trying to justify his anti-American agenda.

People like you didn't even give Romney a chance, so how can you spout that crap about him not changing anything?

Anti-American just about sums up the entire Obama 'leadership'.

I cannot think of one move he has made/authored/backed which has benefited us in any way whatever.
Actually, I cannot think of anything Obama has done that clearly was intended to strengthen us or unite us- not ONE.

What did I miss?:whistling:

Cavalry Doc
02-04-2013, 08:04
When the come for your guns, tell yourself Romney would have pushed for the same gun control in his first term as Barry did in his second "more flexible" term. As it is, the military will be weaker, much more wealth is going to be redistributed, the welfare and food stamp rolls are going to grow, all sources of power from fossil fuel, and fossil fuel prices will "necessarily skyrocket".......... But, that's the way it is. Nothing to do but get ready for it.

If you think we will reach bottom in 4 years, then the bottom is a lot lower than you think it is.

SJ 40
02-04-2013, 08:55
I agree somewhat EXCEPT if Obama gets to replace one moderate or conservative Supreme with a liberal over the next four years it is going to be a disaster that may take decades to undo.Pray for our SC justices and in turn the US. SJ 40

aircarver
02-04-2013, 09:00
We are in deep trouble if we are going to wait for the morons who voted for Maobama to ever 'figure it out' ... :frown:

jeanderson
02-04-2013, 09:12
With Obamas win, he is going to drive the USA into the ground. Furthermore, the press will not turn against him. They will not admit their mistake. Ever!
You are absolutely correct in saying the press will not turn against him. So why are you concluding that Obama's win in 2012 will ultimately be better for the country?

The press will blame Bush, or the "most severe recession since the depression of the 30's", or those obstructionists Republicans that would dare oppose the trillions in additional "stimulus" spending Obama wants to do. When the economy is really in the toilet in 2016 the press will be in full campaign mode for Hillary and spinning all of the bad news into "it's not Obama's fault".

No, an Obama win in 2012 is bad for the country. Period. Regardless of what the lamestream media says, I know very well the root cause and know full well that they will never admit to it. Not in 2016, not ever.

engineer151515
02-04-2013, 09:16
Use whatever rationalization you need to justify Obama's re-election.

Fact is, it is a $10 Trillion dollar debt national spendthrift disaster.

Romney at least recognized the government spending and growth needed to be curtailed.

series1811
02-04-2013, 09:21
If Romney had won, he would not have fixed anything. He is a RINO, and we all know that. We would have had to listen to the Democrats talk about how we should have re-elected Obama, And how he would have fixed this mess. This, i believe would have led to an almost certain Democrat win in 2016.

But, just like a drug addict or alcoholic has to hit bottom before they turn around and begin a recovery, I believe this country will not return to solid principles unless we hit bottom. It's sad, but I don't believe there is any other way. The problem is that sometimes the addict dies. And we also know, that countries also drastically change directions.

There is certainly some validity to that point. It's similiar to a parent not enabling a dependent adult child any longer, and letting them suffer the consequences of their actions, however severe, in order to make them wake up to their lack of, and need to take on, personal responsiblity.

But, the occassional unintended result of that process can be death, and with Obama, we are running that same risk for the country.

Time will tell.

Kablam
02-04-2013, 10:27
His re-election is a disaster. He can do so much damage over the next 4 years that we may never recover. The collapse of the system that some want accelerated by Obama's victory could end very badly. History would tell us that less, not more, liberty will be the result.

ked
02-04-2013, 22:43
[quote=JBnTX;19947295]There's NO way in hell Obama is the better choice.

JB,

it's funny how people they misinterpret things. i voted for Romney, and have driven my neighbors, family and strangers crazy for 4 years trying to get people to open their eyes and see Obama for the traitor he is. i have many other nouns, adjectives to describe him, but you get the point.

if you were my neighbor, you would call me a right-wing conservative nut job. i had an hour long conversation (about Obama) with a black, female Comcast employee from Atlanta. who call to sell me Comcast telephone service. i seriously doubt you stand farther to the right than i do.

and i never said anything about Obama being a better choice. i did say Romney wouldn't fix anything because he is not a true conservative, and a majority of the American people (who vote) do not have the will and resolve to make the necessary, and tough, choices that need to be made.

my main point was that i think we need to crash. i just don't see the country turning around until we fall. i hate it, because it shouldn't be necessary. my hope is that Obama's policies will open our eye to the dire situation we are in. as opposed to the slow, steady decline that the presidents that i voted for, have brought us to.

ked

and btw, RIF:wavey:

ChuteTheMall
02-04-2013, 22:53
By this failed logic we should elect Biden if we haven't crashed enough in 2016.

No, you never cut off your nose to spite your face.

ked
02-04-2013, 22:55
There is certainly some validity to that point. It's similiar to a parent not enabling a dependent adult child any longer, and letting them suffer the consequences of their actions, however severe, in order to make them wake up to their lack of, and need to take on, personal responsiblity.

But, the occassional unintended result of that process can be death, and with Obama, we are running that same risk for the country.

Time will tell.

i understand the unintended consequence may be death. and this certainly wouldn't be my choice, but sometimes, we don't get to walk the path we want.

time will tell. freedom must be fought for from time to time. it may just be time again.

ked

ked
02-04-2013, 22:59
By this failed logic we should elect Biden if we haven't crashed enough in 2016.

No, you never cut off your nose to spite your face.

not my logic. i voted for Romney. and campaigned for him! i didn't write the script, i just have to be in the play. and if Biden or Hillary gets elected in 2016, it just shows that we haven't had enough pain yet. often, you got to hit bottom before you straighten up. if you are still alive, that is!

ked

ked
02-04-2013, 23:03
His re-election is a disaster. He can do so much damage over the next 4 years that we may never recover. The collapse of the system that some want accelerated by Obama's victory could end very badly. History would tell us that less, not more, liberty will be the result.

i agree . i certainly didn't want the accelerated collapse, and i agree that this could end very badly. a loss of Liberty is what i fear.

ked

JBnTX
02-04-2013, 23:14
and i never said anything about Obama being a better choice.

my main point was that i think we need to crash.
ked:

You did say Obama was the better choice.
Re-read your original post.

This country does not "need" to crash.
You sound like we all need to be taught a lesson.

Just because things aren't going the way you think they should doesn't mean the country is doomed and needs to be punished.

Are you an American?

ked
02-04-2013, 23:32
You did say Obama was the better choice.
Re-read your original post.

This country does not "need" to crash.
You sound like we all need to be taught a lesson.

Just because things aren't going the way you think they should doesn't mean the country is doomed and needs to be punished.

Are you an American?

1, my saying that "an Obama win may be better in the long run" is not the same as "Obama was the better choice"

2, agree that we don't need to crash, but if we won't learn any other way, it is going to happen. and alot of us do need to be taught something. like good solid principles of life. conservative values. respect of the COTUS. got a problem with that?

3, as for the next comment, a comment about "arguing on the internet" comes to mind,

4, and yes, i am an American. thanks for asking.

ked

again: RIF