WSJ: Senate to introduce high-cap ban. . . [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : WSJ: Senate to introduce high-cap ban. . .

MZBKA
02-04-2013, 08:06
The Wall Street Journal (http://professional.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324761004578282203882922738.html?mod=WSJPRO_hpp_LEFTTopStories) says Senate democrats expect to introduce a bill that limits the capacity of ammunition magazines, expands background checks to gun shows and require better record keeping.

The good news: No assault weapons ban.

The bad news: Ban on standard capacity magazines.

What do you think will happen in the house?

scottyd2506
02-04-2013, 08:26
The Wall Street Journal (http://professional.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324761004578282203882922738.html?mod=WSJPRO_hpp_LEFTTopStories) says Senate democrats expect to introduce a bill that limits the capacity of ammunition magazines, expands background checks to gun shows and require better record keeping.

I hope the few southern and pro gun senate democrats kill the bill. their job is seriously on the line.

what good is an Assault weapon (AR type) with no magazine capacity? first they will limit them to 10 rounds then a few years later when someone gets killed with the 10 rnd mag, and the libs are on a roll, they will limit them to 5 rounds or less.

more people need to get out and vote this next election.
Get rid of those liberals.

frank4570
02-04-2013, 09:07
what good is an Assault weapon (AR type) with no magazine capacity? first they will limit them to 10 rounds then a few years later when someone gets killed with the 10 rnd mag, and the libs are on a roll, they will limit them to 5 rounds or less.

more people need to get out and vote this next election.
Get rid of those liberals.

Yes, this is just a stepping stone.

Voting is good.But sending emails RIGHT NOW is what is needed to send the message that there will be punitive voting down the road. If we don't tell them with emails, they have no way of knowing.

Cavalry Doc
02-04-2013, 09:14
It would be nice to see the bill. Just to know what we are up against. All the speculating and platitudes are just speculating and platitudes.

I too hope that all of the Senate Dems that vote for this are replaced with tea party republicans or libertarians next election.

Paul7
02-04-2013, 09:28
IMHO this is doubtful to pass in the Senate, and is DOA in the House. All they are doing is setting themselves up for massive losses in the 2014 elections, as happened in 1994 after the AWB.

Gunnut 45/454
02-04-2013, 09:36
MZBKA
The question is why you are happy with any infringements? We can allow NONE! As nothing they are proposing would prevent another mass shooting like Newtown! Why are you O.K. with them infringing on LEGAL gun owners!:steamed:

MZBKA
02-04-2013, 15:15
MZBKA
The question is why you are happy with any infringements? We can allow NONE! As nothing they are proposing would prevent another mass shooting like Newtown! Why are you O.K. with them infringing on LEGAL gun owners!:steamed:

It's sort of like you don't understand what words mean...you didn't understand my post.

I am not happy with any of the proposals mentioned in the WSJ. I am however happy that an AWB is apparently not being considered. I hope that no magazine restrictions are passed.

I wish I could stock up on standard capacity AR mags...and I'd like to get a lefty AR, but everything is sold out...kind of stinks.

MZBKA
02-04-2013, 15:19
IMHO this is doubtful to pass in the Senate, and is DOA in the House. All they are doing is setting themselves up for massive losses in the 2014 elections, as happened in 1994 after the AWB.

I am certainly hoping you're right.

DOC44
02-04-2013, 15:23
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8pyjgVbGgH0/TQKfZmm8n7I/AAAAAAAAAU0/20oAy41h7Jw/s320/camels-nose1.jpg

Doc44

Bren
02-04-2013, 15:32
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8pyjgVbGgH0/TQKfZmm8n7I/AAAAAAAAAU0/20oAy41h7Jw/s320/camels-nose1.jpg

Doc44

They;'re all the way in the tent. They got their nose in in 1934.

scottyd2506
02-04-2013, 21:16
I am certainly hoping you're right.

Yes 1994 isn't 1934, meaning 20 years it isn't that long ago, most everyone in the senate is old enough to remember back then. and the republican take over.

The Senate has 55 democrats, there are at least 5 to 7 that are pro gun and from red battle and southern states. Some of the others ones may just vote to keep their jobs.

put yourself in their shoes

What we have to worry about is party pressure. meaning the top democrat brass will just outright tell them they'll never help, let them add pork for their state, or support any bill they bring up. EVER. "IF" they vote against the bill.

But a $200,00 a year job with tons of benefits for the long term is a good living any man's family.

Joining your party and making them happy and serving only one 6 year term is still $1,200,000 for 6 years.
Once you get used to that lifestyle, it may be hard to go back to making less . (lose election) "IF YOU CAN HELP IT" you can keep your jobs for more than one term.

Those senators & congressmen are looking real hard at what people want.

The good points are the AR-15 is the most popular rifle sold now in the US, and a lot has been sold since Dec 2012. A lot of people who buy guns are not into politics, but they might be now, losing the legal right to fire that $1200 Ar-15 with 3 x 30 rd mags. Yeah. "time to vote"

ithaca_deerslayer
02-04-2013, 21:22
Stepping stone.

NYS went from 10 rounds to 7 rounds. All the anti-gunners will want that next for the whole country. Maybe even sooner if you live in one of the lucky states :)

cowboy1964
02-05-2013, 07:20
Great. So the mag shortage will continue (for now).

Wizz
02-05-2013, 07:33

WRONG. Harry Reid already promised Feinstein that her bill will get a vote, it looks like their tactic is already working on you: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/27/us-usa-guns-congress-idUSBRE90Q0F120130127

series1811
02-05-2013, 08:01

Sorry to disappoint you. But, those Obama hating racists in the House will probably not vote for any of those.

I guess you can always hope.

MZBKA
02-05-2013, 09:23
Sorry to disappoint you. But, those Obama hating racists in the House will probably not vote for any of those.

So. . .there are two people who can't read who have commented on this thread now?

The more you claim I like Obama or his policies, the more crazy you sound.

IvanVic
02-05-2013, 11:34

It's funny how you are oblivious to the irony within your own thoughts.

Here you are making a joke about how the left accuses house members of being racist, simply because they have policy disagreements with Obama. I agree that it is absurd.

Yet within the same post, you accuse another member of supporting Obama because that member and you disagree on something, a disagreement which I assume isn't even policy related, rather he probably doesn't buy into some idiotic conspiracy theory that you believe.

Do you not see that you're guilty of the very same thing you're accusing liberals of doing?

pugman
02-05-2013, 11:45
Those senators & congressmen are looking real hard at what will keep them elected.

I corrected it for you.

Members of Congress and Senators learned a long time ago who cares what people want - what keeps me reelected is all that matters.

A close relative was a member of Congress for a while; left voluntarily and has made it very clear to me people in mass don't know what they want. In his own words "always give people a choice...just make sure you control the choices."

janice6
02-05-2013, 12:13
Let's get busy and buy some Congressional representation for our Constitutional rights, and donate money to someone or some group, that will use our money as a weapon against the Government consfication of our 2nd Amendment rights, and FOR us for a change.

Money is power and it has already corrupted the Government. Now is the time for us to buy some of that power. Donate to buy some of Congress, they sell cheap and go to the highest bidder. No, I am not joking.

series1811
02-05-2013, 12:50
So. . .there are two people who can't read who have commented on this thread now?

The more you claim I like Obama or his policies, the more crazy you sound.

Of course, anyone reading your hundreds of posts propping up Obama would be just plain crazy to think you supported him or voted for him.

WIth every post of yours I read, I'm understanding better and better how Obama got elected.

The tipping point. Passed it we have.

series1811
02-05-2013, 12:51
It's funny how you are oblivious to the irony within your own thoughts.

Here you are making a joke about how the left accuses house members of being racist, simply because they have policy disagreements with Obama. I agree that it is absurd.

Yet within the same post, you accuse another member of supporting Obama because that member and you disagree on something, a disagreement which I assume isn't even policy related, rather he probably doesn't buy into some idiotic conspiracy theory that you believe.

Do you not see that you're guilty of the very same thing you're accusing liberals of doing?

No, you have not agreeing with someone, mixed up with thinking he is a liar.

71Commander
02-06-2013, 06:40
Stepping stone.

NYS went from 10 rounds to 7 rounds. All the anti-gunners will want that next for the whole country. Maybe even sooner if you live in one of the lucky states :)

And that screwed all the gun gamers. No ore USPSA, IPSC or IDPA.

IvanVic
02-06-2013, 08:46
No, you have not agreeing with someone, mixed up with thinking he is a liar.

What is MZ lying about?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

marchboom
02-06-2013, 13:15
We have to email our political hacks (no matter what party) and DEMAND they not pass ANY law banning any firearm (currently legal) and definitely not ban hi-cap mags.

Accept NO compromise!

Do it now!!! Have them send you a reply as to their stand on this issue.

series1811
02-06-2013, 14:53
What is MZ lying about?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

The usual centrist/truth squadder/DU stuff. Same as you.

MZBKA
02-06-2013, 15:34
Of course, anyone reading your hundreds of posts propping up Obama would be just plain crazy to think you supported him or voted for him.

WIth every post of yours I read, I'm understanding better and better how Obama got elected.

The tipping point. Passed it we have.

In your mind, I support Obama because:

I didn't believe your birther conspiracy that Obama's birth certificate didn't exist ( you were wrong)

I didn't believe your conspiracy that the media were oversampling liberals in the presidential polls (you were wrong)

I know how the unemployment rate is calculated, and you don't.

Please tell me: Is it possible not to support Obama and at the same time avoid being wrong as often as you are?