Idea: Since Obama likes to brag about LE support for a ban [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Since Obama likes to brag about LE support for a ban

CincyBrad
02-04-2013, 15:56
Obama is on the road today, holding another propaganda fest using a bunch of LEO's as stage props to push for more gun control, I have a little idea.

Since this ban would supposedly take all those evil killing weapons like high cap mags out of the hands of criminals, lets make LEO's abide by the same restrictions. That's right, no more full cap mags for your duty gun, and you follow the same laws as everyone else. After all, the ban will dramatically reduce crime, right?

Time for some of these LE agencies to walk the walk to, if its good enough for us regular folk, it's good enough for you to. Lets see how strong the support is after that little change.

It's easy to lobby to restrict the rights of everyone else when you're exempt, let's see how strong that support is when it effects you as well.

jakebrake
02-04-2013, 16:00
Since this ban would supposedly take all those evil killing weapons like high cap mags out of the hands of criminals, lets make LEO's abide by the same restrictions. That's right, no more full cap mags for your duty gun, and you follow the same laws as everyone else. After all, the ban will dramatically reduce crime, right?

i think the N.Y.P.D. will be lab ratting that one...whether they like it , or not.

CincyBrad
02-04-2013, 16:03
i think the N.Y.P.D. will be lab ratting that one...whether they like it , or not.

Not a chance in hell, they will get an exemption.

SPIN2010
02-04-2013, 16:11
It is funny to hear all the LEO on GT talk about how the ban will not be supported, then you have a back drop like you see in MN.

UNREAL!

BTW: Did we ever ask or find out who the LEO (s) was/were that arrested the ARMY veteran in NYS?

Speak up! How was that rationalized?

wprebeck
02-04-2013, 22:00
Its funny seeing how the people in GT have no clue about life in an agency.

Hey - did you ever think that those guys were told to come, as part of their duties? That maybe they didn't want to be a LT a ridiculous press conference with that moron, but that they didn't have a choice?

And before you start mouthing off about cops who follow orders will be the ones taking your guns - there's a big difference between being ordered to attend a press conference in uniform and violating the constitution.

pgg00
02-04-2013, 22:15
Based on my almost 15 years in LE the only ones I've met that support gun control are the admin types.

concretefuzzynuts
02-04-2013, 23:01
ibtl!

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/furn/et61kz_zpsfdec3992.gif

CAcop
02-05-2013, 01:09
Based on my almost 15 years in LE the only ones I've met that support gun control are the admin types.

In big cities that is certainly the case. In smaller towns they keep their mouths shut. I know our admin run neutral to progun. Some of our officers are antigun but that is more of a product of the society from which they came. Admin tries to figure out which way the wind is blowing. Street cops dont care which way the wind blows because they know it really sucks.