Anyone ever had to correct a form4? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever had to correct a form4?

Travclem
02-07-2013, 19:46
If so, how long after the corrections were made did it take to get it back?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

ak103k
02-07-2013, 20:06
My dealer did a couple of mine online, and didnt print the forms front to back, and they came back 6 months later. We photocopied the side missing from the LEO sig, and sent them back. One week later, I had my cans.

carbon_15
02-08-2013, 05:17
yes.
my form for an SBR got returned for corrections. Apparently you cant list the caliber as "multi" anymore.
took about 2 weeks after I returned it.
hang in there

Travclem
02-08-2013, 05:27
I knew I was getting close. I had 2 come back because the Sheriff didn't write "sheriff" after his signature. Sent them back last Friday.

Fireman1291
02-08-2013, 08:42
Out of 13 stamps I just did my first correction. It seems they are putting the trusts and forms under more scrunity. My correction was silly....ready for this?

I put "TiRant45" as the model but they kicked it back and said the model is just "TiRant" which is totally wrong lololol as they already approved my TiRant9 form4 last year and I used "TiRant9" as the model and they approved. Idiots.

Just stupid stupid waste of time. I mailed it back and it was approved and mailed back in my hands in 10 days or so.

Travclem
02-08-2013, 10:10
Haha, the whole process is a waste of time, NFA should be done away with IMO.

Travclem
02-12-2013, 11:09
Mailed back Saturday 2/2. Still in "problem" status as of 0945 this morning. The first 6 months wasn't bad, but this last few weeks is killing me.

FullClip
02-12-2013, 11:41
Mailed back Saturday 2/2. Still in "problem" status as of 0945 this morning. The first 6 months wasn't bad, but this last few weeks is killing me.

Kinda' like being a kind again and waiting for Christmas to come around...:supergrin:

Hope you get your "stamp" soon!!!

Landric
02-12-2013, 14:20
I had three returned last year, two form 1s for not including the then "NC required language" (the NFA Branch has since revised their opinion on this requirement, the law had changed when I submitted my forms, but their opinion had not yet). Of those two, one was back in a week total from when I mailed it to when I got it back, the other took a month. A had a form 4 returned to the dealer because he put my name and "trustee" on the form and therefore it was not exactly the same as my trust documents. That fix also took a month, and was approved the same day as my second form 1 above.

This year I had the form 4s for a M10/45 and suppressor returned to the seller because "One of the signatures on one of the form 4s looks like it might be a photocopy" and because despite the fact that the model of the suppressor was exactly the same as the previously approved form 4, they wanted that changed as well. Both those went back into "pending examiner approval" on February 5th, so perhaps they will be back soon. Both went pending originally in August 2012.

Travclem
02-12-2013, 17:26
I had three returned last year, two form 1s for not including the then "NC required language" (the NFA Branch has since revised their opinion on this requirement, the law had changed when I submitted my forms, but their opinion had not yet). Of those two, one was back in a week total from when I mailed it to when I got it back, the other took a month. A had a form 4 returned to the dealer because he put my name and "trustee" on the form and therefore it was not exactly the same as my trust documents. That fix also took a month, and was approved the same day as my second form 1 above.

This year I had the form 4s for a M10/45 and suppressor returned to the seller because "One of the signatures on one of the form 4s looks like it might be a photocopy" and because despite the fact that the model of the suppressor was exactly the same as the previously approved form 4, they wanted that changed as well. Both those went back into "pending examiner approval" on February 5th, so perhaps they will be back soon. Both went pending originally in August 2012.
I wonder why some take a month and some take a week. Looks like mine are probably going to be a month.

Travclem
02-16-2013, 22:43
FTR, stamps came in today (2/16).

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)