Who has treated you well? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Who has treated you well?

FelixD
02-09-2013, 22:21
Now that we have had 6 weeks or so of panic and shortages how have you been treated by dealers, distributors, etc? While there are some companies that will never see my money again, some have been great to deal with. Kudos to Midway, Brownell's and Windham Weaponry for fair treatment and fair, non-inflated, prices. Who in the business has treated you well?

nick112207
02-09-2013, 22:26
My LGS has been great. Haven't jacked gun or ammo prices. They've had shortages but that's not their fault.

Still have Glocks in the $500 to $550 range, when other dealers are charging $650 to $700

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

cfrye11
02-09-2013, 22:26
Pro Gun Victor, NY has not budged on their prices. In the last month I have bought an mp1522 from them tons of 22lr , a buddy bought a mp1522, and another friend bought a NIB G22g4 Today for $640 with tax.

ALL Guns at pre panic Retail prices.

I even Picked up a 10 round g26 mag today. they have tons of mags. $33 each.

The_Gun_Guru
02-09-2013, 22:48
Pro Gun Victor, NY has not budged on their prices. In the last month I have bought an mp1522 from them tons of 22lr , a buddy bought a mp1522, and another friend bought a NIB G22g4 Today for $640 with tax.

You don't find those prices jacked up?

I do.:wavey:

TGG

countrygun
02-09-2013, 23:27
Why would I be trying to buy stuff now?

wirenut
02-10-2013, 00:48
At lgs and I picked up a G23 mag for 20 bucks, they treat me right every time .

Gregg702
02-10-2013, 00:53

I haven't stepped foot in a gun store since "The Great Panic". I want to avoid the price gouging and the newbies that are undoubtably playing with the guns, and pointing and sweeping them every which way.

willieH
02-10-2013, 05:03
I deal with two local gun shops. The larger and better stocked store took full advantage of the political/holiday/panic motivated shoppers and raised prices accordingly. A clerk was removing existing ammo stock and repricing while I was shopping; apparently they felt no shame in re-tagging a brick of 22lr for $70.

The smaller shop maintained their prices and worked hard to meet the increased demands for firearm/ammo.

A business is there to make money and an owner makes pricing decisions to move merchandise. These shops did not cause the high demand, but exploiting a temporary situation is their prerogative and I'm good with that. (except when selling life sustaining necessities)

Just as the business can run their affairs, so can I. I'll still visit the large shop to inspect their display case, but I'll buy from the other shop, even if I have to wait for shipping. Apparently these owners don't realize that people have memories and sense of fairness to know when they have been screwed.

NYcarry
02-10-2013, 06:51

ProGuns prices are already and always have been panic priced ;)

clancy
02-10-2013, 06:55
My LGS, Fur, Fin and Feather, in Livingston Manor, NY has done the right thing and not jacked up any of his prices.

jdw174
02-10-2013, 07:25
My local shops haven't jacked any prices.....but then again they don't have anything in stock to jack the prices up on. Guns are available...just don't expect to find anything to shoot in them.

Bruce M
02-10-2013, 07:31
I picked up a gun I had ordered about a year ago from my local store and the price was what had been agreed on then. They still appear to have plenty of ammunition but I am not certain what they have done to those prices.

gatorboy
02-10-2013, 08:27
That G4 22 price is well over $100 what it should have been.

bac1023
02-10-2013, 09:46
My favorite local shops have always treated me well. That didn't change during the panic.

yellolab
02-10-2013, 10:40
2 LGS I frequent. And I hope they see this post.

Powderhorn- prices have not changed at all.
Parros- they jacked prices on everything.

Guess which one I will steer my business to in the future?

Kevin

blastfact
02-10-2013, 10:54
Tulsa is a strange town to start with. It's like folks enjoy being ripped off to some extent. The LGS haven't went up much because,,, well they were high to began with. Have to catch them running a sale to get a fare price. Which at least one does often.

You see this with new car sales. A new car comes out and the Tulsa dealers are all well above MSRP. Sometimes $5k to $7k or more above MSRP. Drive 50 to 75 miles in any direction away from Tulsa and there idiots. And you can find the same car $250 to $500 above published ripoff invoice.

Same goes for guns. Get out of the Metro and pricing gets much better and people are much nicer.

Bill Keith
02-10-2013, 11:00
My favorite local shops have always treated me well. That didn't change during the panic.
Same here for me as well. I have cultivated relationships with some local firearm shops and a couple gunsmiths over the years and they treat me well. The day Mr Obama made his big speech to the Nation, 1/16/13, I was so impressed:upeyes: I went to Carter's Country in Spring Texas and bought a like new, used H&R 949 double action 22 for a real good price.
A gunsmith I do business with and I were talking about some work I need to do, and he told me that he was running low on some ammo that he uses in-house. He doesn't live too far away so I took him some 45ACP (100 rounds FMJ) and 100 rounds of 9mm FMJ ammo. I gave it to him, he was shocked:wow: and ever so grateful. I'm fortunate to have extra on hand from the 'good old days' before ammo was so expensive. I probably gave him $30 worth in uninflated old prices. I can't get it for that now, but I always believe you treat people with good will and they'll treat you back with respect in spades.

DustyJacket
02-10-2013, 11:02
Midway, 2 local dealers have done OK.

My local dealer is raising some prices a little, but they are fighting for survival right now. They have little to sell. They just cannot get guns, other than bolt guns, lever guns, and shotguns.

WayneJessie
02-10-2013, 11:04
I really only frequent one LGS. Here are a few of their current prices:
1. Gen3 Glock19 $499;Gen4 G19 $550
2. SR9,SR40 $429
3. M&P full size $550

Don't know about AR&AK prices as I have not been in the market for one.
Ammo is like most places here: non-existant
Really, the worst pricing he has is on police trade-in Glocks. I don't know why anyone would pay as much for a trade-in as a new gun:dunno:
Somehow he's managing to re-stock his handguns fairly well.

brausso
02-10-2013, 11:23
CDNN
Classic Firearms
Brownells
BCM

All have delivered as promised over the last 6 weeks. Brownells had the 10 pack of pmags on backorder but delivered as promised at the original pre-freak out prices.

Prices at the other places were increased slightly, but have always delivered with excellent customer service and timely shipping. BCM added a mandatory NRA donation fee of $25 when I ordered my BCG. Although I support the NRA, I feel I should have the ability to pick and chose when and where I'd like to donate to. I'm already a lifetime member. Either way, it obviously didn't prevent me from ordering because I believe in their product.

racer88
02-10-2013, 12:10
Midway USA gets my vote. I put a bunch of magazines on backorder. While they limited orders to two magazines, I used the strategy of ordering 2 of each of a bunch of different brands of magazines (AR15). I also ordered up 2 mags for each of my pistols.

Midway sends me an email when they are in stock, and I put the order through from my phone. The prices are at the pre-panic level, so very reasonable. They get extra points for that.

G23 Mags for $23.99
C Products AR-15 mags for $12.49

Do I "need" the mags? Nope! I've got plenty. But, you can't have too many. And, at the regular prices, I can't resist.

I've got 2 AR-15 mags and 2 Glock mags on the way as I type. The others are still on backorder. But, as soon as I get the alerts, I'll put those orders through, too. I figure that's as good as it gets these days.

cfrye11
02-10-2013, 13:01
You don't find those prices jacked up?

I do.:wavey:

TGG

No, actually I don't the G22 was $599 + tax. I have seen 27's for 799$ that's high. The MP1522's were exactly S&W suggested manufacturers retail price.

As for the 26 mags - $33 + tax would have been high two months ago but not now. Plus the fact that they may be the only ones in Rochester with 26 mags.

Their ammo has always been high say $5 a box more then bikerks. But at least it has stayed the same.

molan labe

jakebrake
02-10-2013, 13:04
my lgs. Tanner's in warwick pa. pmags at 16.99, glocks new at $525, M&ps at 510

has told people bringing in guns to consign at gouge prices, that he will not gouge, including consignment prices. if they want to , take them elsewhere.

truly a class act.

SpringerTGO
02-10-2013, 13:07
AZarmament treated me great. A couple of magazine orders delivered promptly (at retail) and a few other odds and ends.

Locally Dougs Shoot'n Sports. They had magazines a while back and sold them at retail. Same with all their rifles.

TSAX
02-10-2013, 13:29
Midway and Brownells have always treated me well.

:50cal:

Kalmah
02-10-2013, 13:40
I know they're the company people love to hate, but I just bought a handgun from Cheaper Than Dirt. The price was better than anything I could find online or locally, and the service was faster than anything I experienced from Buds, or Kentucky Gun Co.

CanMan
02-10-2013, 13:47
Rock River Arms. I ordered some LAR-9 magazines a couple weeks after the panic buying started. They were delivered on time and without price change. :thumbsup:

deputy tom
02-10-2013, 15:22
The few local shops in my area still have normal pricing,just not a lot of inventory. I did visit two walmarts,dick's and gander mountain just to view the hordes and craziness,lack of ammo,higher than normally high prices,etc. I came,I saw,I laughed and left. I can't wait for this crap to end and get back to normal. tom.:faint:

jakebrake
02-10-2013, 15:25
The few local shops in my area still have normal pricing,just not a lot of inventory. I did visit two walmarts,dick's and gander mountain just to view the hordes and craziness,lack of ammo,higher than normally high prices,etc. I came,I saw,I laughed and left. I can't wait for this crap to end and get back to normal. tom.:faint:

you and me, both, brother....you and me both.

deputy tom
02-10-2013, 15:28
you and me, both, brother....you and me both.

I hear ya. tom.:wavey:

rv4driver
02-10-2013, 18:51
TargetSports.com.

Got my .380 ordered as promised, price as advertised before the crap started, and they had the expected timeline on their website so I knew what to expect. That's about 4 thousand rounds in the last 4 months or so, all as promised.

ShaneS
02-10-2013, 20:07
Good experience with Midway USA. Bad for .44 Mag and Cheaper Than Dirt. I will not forget in the future.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

ShaneS
02-10-2013, 20:10
Also, good on Academy and Walmart. I don't mind paying a little extra in price but some has been absolutely exploitive and I will not forget.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

SPIN2010
02-10-2013, 20:17
Gun shops in Ohio ... meh, they suck.

K-VAR (FIME) managed to get my SGL-21 to me in record time with no shortage of items ordered. Great Vendor/Mfg.

CajunBass
02-11-2013, 01:59
My LGS. About the only thing negative I can say about them is they're not as quick to drop prices, but then they don't have but so much inventory to work with, so I suppose that's understandable. New guns I never look at so I don't know anything about them. Same with black rifles and magazines and such. I have no idea what they sold or what they got for it before. Ammo prices are up, and supplies are short it seems, but I seldom buy ammo. I don't shoot near as much as I used to, and what I do shoot I reload.

Still, I've managed to buy four guns since Christmas

skeeter7
02-11-2013, 01:59
My LGS did not budge on prices one bit during the panic and I will always go back to them for it. As far as the internet, I have to say Cabelas impressed me when they made good on the large order of 22lr I put in a couple months ago when it was on backorder. I thought for sure it was going to get cancelled.

Hedo1
02-11-2013, 06:44
SG Ammo has been great. So has Midway and Brownells which I've come to expect. Cope's Distributing also has done a great job.

It's a short list so far. I think Primary Arms is also outstanding but haven't needed anything from them since the panic started.

FelixD
02-11-2013, 10:28
I have to give credit to many little gun shops who have had the ethic and the good business sense to hold prices at pre-panic levels. For many of them the only time I've seen price increases is when they need to restock and the distributor has raised the cost. Many of these shops work on very small margins. I assume that as stocks are sold off many LGS will find themselves is a tight spot waiting for new products to arrive and the need to maintain a profit just to exist. I try to support the one little shop in my area by buying something every month or so. Usually it is something such as bullets or powder. There is a large gun shop and several "big box" national sporting goods stores in my area that will not get any of my money again. Their business practices can only be described as profiteering.

Wyoming
02-11-2013, 21:54

Well friend you and I have been around a long time and have been through this before. Now is not the time to buy anything UNLESS you never got your stuff in the first place.

Wyoming
02-11-2013, 21:54

Sorry but that don't count!

If any of us owned a gun shop and you were a regular we would have to be pretty damn stupid not too!:whistling:

I am willing to bet your LGS have "bac rooms", "bac display case", the "bac free food bar" or at least the "bac shrine" complete with complementary 1911 to play with while shopping.:supergrin:

furioso2112
02-11-2013, 22:12
BCM - well into the current increased buying frequency and amount epidemic, they had the mish-mosh of parts I needed to complete my long-standing project...ordered, listed as shipped at ongoing prices, showed up as "out of stock" right after I placed my order (I got the last parts on 1 or 2 items in my order, perhaps) only one of 4 parts showed...went through their missing parts claim paperwork, within a few days, the remainder of the order was delivered, relatively no hassle, forgiving the initial mis-cue. I did not order a bolt with the mandatory NRA contribution.

countrygun
02-11-2013, 23:15
Well friend you and I have been around a long time and have been through this before. Now is not the time to buy anything UNLESS you never got your stuff in the first place.

True enough.

Odd thing. I got my G-20 a few months ago and was just wringing it out with the 10 rd mags that came with and a couple of 15s I picked up. My wife brought home an XDS and n XD tactical a few weeks ago, yet I feel no immediate urge to rush out and buy "Whatever mags I can get no matter what I have to pay. Ehhh,(shrug) We have other guns. If prices stay up in the silly zone, I have couple of extra guns, with mags, I have kept that will garner enough of the silly price money to buy bunch of silly price mags for my G-20.

'Hey mon, no need getting in a fuss, de prices, dey go up, dey come down, it's all good mon, jes sit back and watch de show""

Guatariccan
02-11-2013, 23:43
GT distributors. Got my Colt LE 6920 $995 plus tax, 3 Glock 17 and 21 mags $21.95 each, 5 windowed Pmags $15.95 and I just got my Gen 4 G20 for $464 plus tax. Love GT!!

byf43
02-12-2013, 07:27
Treated very well: (Note - these vendors stated up-front that there MAY be a delay in shipping, due to the large amount of orders!)
44mag.com
Palmetto State Armory
Midway USA
Glockmeister

Treated not-so-well:
Natchez Shooters Supply (and this SURPRISES me!!!! I've been a customer over 25 years!)
These folks had 'stuff' "In Stock" when I ordered it, but, called me a couple of days later and said that they were out-of-stock, do I want to backorder?? "Yes."

Two days later, I received a partial order of material, along with an invoice stating that the rest of my order had been canceled and a refund applied to my card.

I realize that this is out of the ordinary, so, I'll continue to do business with them.

DWARREN123
02-12-2013, 08:27
All of my local gun shops have been good to their customers.
Happy to live here in Clarksville Tennessee. :supergrin: