ALL Big Foot sighting are...... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ALL Big Foot sighting are......

cowboywannabe
02-12-2013, 14:07
during the day according to all the alleged footage presented by "witnesses", so why in the heck do the bigfoot hunters or whatever they are always search in the dark when Bigfoot is asleep in a cave?:whistling:

what say you?

countrygun
02-12-2013, 14:44
It has long been known, among the Indians of NW coast, that a Sasquatch with insomnia is likely to be careless when he gets up to raid the fridge.

cowboywannabe
02-12-2013, 14:51
even the bigfoot commercials show him getting chimed on with beef jerky during the day. so why the night attempts by the "pros"....? im missing something.....

Michael Rye
02-12-2013, 17:29
Big Foot is easy to find...you just have to look in the blurry part of the forest!

Dawolf
02-12-2013, 20:24
Because the night optics are way cool dudes...........

freespirit34
02-16-2013, 17:36
I'm with DaWolf on this one. Night vision and thermal imaging are the best reasons to hunt at night. Plus, it adds to the degree of difficulty.

NMOFT
02-16-2013, 21:12
I don't always hunt Sasquatch, but when I do I prefer the night.

:whistling:

Dawolf
02-18-2013, 20:37
Stay squatchy my friend.....

walt cowan
02-23-2013, 10:56
seen one in the evening and jumped one in the dark. scared the hell out of both of us.

Gonetodarkside
03-04-2013, 12:51
When I saw what you would call "bigfoot," or, "Sasquatch" it was at night.

I have a different perspective on this situation as I am sure the majority of you do since I have seen the thing and know without a doubt it is real.. I don't see the lack of thermal imagery of them as evidence that they don't exist, to me it highlights the fact that thermal is not the be all end all of surveillance.

cowboywannabe
03-04-2013, 19:31

I have a different perspective on this situation as I am sure the majority of you do since I have seen the thing and know without a doubt it is real.. I don't see the lack of thermal imagery of them as evidence that they don't exist, to me it highlights the fact that thermal is not the be all end all of surveillance.

tell us more. have the bigfoot hunters or whatever they are on t.v. spoken with you?

Dawolf
03-04-2013, 19:53

Where and when, pray tell?????

Gonetodarkside
03-04-2013, 20:32
No I have not spoken with any of those people on the tv shows, but I have a litmus test for knowing if someone is bsing about seeing what I saw.

I will break the story down I guess for you guys.

I lived on a pretty large for east Texas ranch then, this happened about 10 years ago. Myself, and a friend were spotlighting for hogs and to be honest were looking for a large cat that we had seen before. We were riding in an old cj7 that would barely run, it had no doors and no top. I had my .30-06 and my friend had his AR with him, neither of us were drinking. We were traveling down a narrow trail through a particularly hairy bottom about 150 yards east of a large creek. The trail opened up to a fairly good sized opening, about 3 acres. The pasture was dotted with cedar trees. As we came into the clearing I caught motion out of the left corner of my left eye. I turned the spotlight to the motion and saw what looked like a giant broad shouldered dark man. He was walking parrallel to us and swinging his arms front to back. As the light shown on him, it turned to face us and stood with this spotlight directly in its face at less than 100 yards. Even with the light that close, most of what you could see is a dark sillouette of a giant man, with huge shoulders, and very wide eyes. I noticed that it didnt blink or shudder at the light in its eyes. When the creature stopped walking and stared at us, he was next to a large cedar tree. He appeared to be approx 3/4 of the height of the tree. I later determined the tree was better than 15 feet tall. We drove past in the jeep and neither of us said a word. After we passed it I turned off the light and looked at my friend. He asked me what the F was that and we turned the light back to it. It was down on all fours in a sprinter like stance looking like it was ready to chase us down. It was the most terrifying experience of both of our lives. We were well armed and terrified. We hauled butt. When we got to the next gate we were approx a half a mile from the sighting and my buddy ran to the gate to open it, almost acting desperately, but not without his AR and I had to scan the area with the spotlight the entire time.

A few days later I ran into the old man who lived on the southwest corner of the ranch. He had been there his entire life. I asked him if he had "ever seen anything funny out there?" His reply was, "was it about seven and a half feet tall?" He went on to explain that no one had seen them since he was a kid, but that people would often see them crossing the road in the river bottoms in 2 or 3 paces when he was a child.

A year later, a friend of mine married a girl whose father worked for the power company. There was a large power line easement on the northeast corner of the property. He asked me if I lived on the big ranch in winona, I said yes. He then told me he had seen a nine foot long black bear run across the highway approx 400 yards from where I saw the creature. Black bears do not have big wide broad shoulders. He had seen the same thing I had.

So, my litmus test is this. When someone says they saw bigfoot, if they describe overwhelming fear, the fealing of being a sheep looking at a lion, I listen. Otherwise they did not have the same experience myself and my friend did.

cowboywannabe
03-04-2013, 20:52
i wonder why there is proof of them other than hear say stories? they seem to be abondant in the lower 48 yet nobody can provide proof, just speculation.

this isnt like the coelacanth which was only seen in fossils until one was caught, we dont even have those of big foot.

Gonetodarkside
03-04-2013, 20:56
i wonder why there is proof of them other than hear say stories? they seem to be abondant in the lower 48 yet nobody can provide proof, just speculation.

this isnt like the coelacanth which was only seen in fossils until one was caught, we dont even have those of big foot.

I have wondered about that myself. Based upon my anecdotal experience, I think the people that really see it are only concerned with escaping it. All preconceived notions of killing it and doing whatever go out the window.

Also, I believe I saw a second set of eyes just to the south, behind, of the creature. I have wondered if they travel in groups and even work to conceal their location/sign/remains. I know it sounds crazy but I have tried to figure out how it could make sense and be possible given what I saw.

Revvv
03-04-2013, 21:07
Let's say the big ape exists; where is the evidence? Where are the feces samples, the hair, teeth, etc? Where are the dead remains?

In today's America hiding isn't easy. You will be found. With that being said; this creature isn't going to be found because it doesn't exist.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

cowboywannabe
03-04-2013, 21:34
i think you will find the answer here...

AsSeenOnTV
03-04-2013, 22:34
While working in the field I saw this huge 2 legged furry beast take a bite out of a moose's haunches like it was a KFC chicken leg, and then when it heard my camera clicking away, it dropped the moose and ran off into the trees, I was too skeered to give pursuit, but I did get some pics of its footprints it left in the snow:
http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af219/Planejain/Miscelaneous/DSC_2080_zps1ad084de.jpg

And the moose.
http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af219/Planejain/Alaska%20too/DSC_0290_zpsc76dd844.jpg

ithaca_deerslayer
03-04-2013, 23:16
Big Foot is easy to find...you just have to look in the blurry part of the forest!

Awesome! :)

ithaca_deerslayer
03-04-2013, 23:33
We were riding in an old cj7 that would barely run, it had no doors and no top. I had my .30-06 and my friend had his AR with him, neither of us were drinking. We were traveling down a narrow trail through a particularly hairy bottom about 150 yards east of a large creek. The trail opened up to a fairly good sized opening, about 3 acres. The pasture was dotted with cedar trees. As we came into the clearing I caught motion out of the left corner of my left eye. I turned the spotlight to the motion and saw what looked like a giant broad shouldered dark man. He was walking parrallel to us and swinging his arms front to back. As the light shown on him, it turned to face us and stood with this spotlight directly in its face at less than 100 yards. Even with the light that close, most of what you could see is a dark sillouette of a giant man, with huge shoulders, and very wide eyes. I noticed that it didnt blink or shudder at the light in its eyes. When the creature stopped walking and stared at us, he was next to a large cedar tree. He appeared to be approx 3/4 of the height of the tree. I later determined the tree was better than 15 feet tall.

I don't believe you, just because I don't believe.

But did you see something or is the whole story made up? I believe you believe you saw something.

I don't know what. A man? A man in costume trying to trick people? A bear? Some other animal? A bush or tree? I don't know.

It is a great story. A scary story. Fills the imagination, and makes hair on the back of the neck stand up.

If we assume a bigfoot, he certainly heard you driving. Why not stop and just watch you go by? Why not crouch down? They are obviously elusive, so it is strange one would get seen that way. Maybe he's used to cars just driving by, kinda like deer are.

What about tracking it the next day? Get some buddies, some dogs, whatever. Might find prints to tell you what it was.

LAWDOGKMS
03-05-2013, 00:02
Tagged.

Lowjiber
03-05-2013, 06:49
We've got Zombie ammo. Now, we need Bigfoot ammo.

Gonetodarkside
03-05-2013, 08:34
I don't believe you, just because I don't believe.

But did you see something or is the whole story made up? I believe you believe you saw something.

I don't know what. A man? A man in costume trying to trick people? A bear? Some other animal? A bush or tree? I don't know.

It is a great story. A scary story. Fills the imagination, and makes hair on the back of the neck stand up.

If we assume a bigfoot, he certainly heard you driving. Why not stop and just watch you go by? Why not crouch down? They are obviously elusive, so it is strange one would get seen that way. Maybe he's used to cars just driving by, kinda like deer are.

What about tracking it the next day? Get some buddies, some dogs, whatever. Might find prints to tell you what it was.

I understand you not believing and that's cool with me, it does not change my experience in the least. And yes, the story happened as I related it.

I did go back the next day with a few buddies but could not find any tracks. One of my friends who went with me is 6'8''. I had him stand next to the cedar tree where the creature was and I stood approximately where we were positioned in the jeep, he was almost half as tall as the tree.

I will admit, when we did go back down there I was still pretty freaked out and wouldn't have gone alone.

ithaca_deerslayer
03-05-2013, 14:57
I understand you not believing and that's cool with me, it does not change my experience in the least. And yes, the story happened as I related it.

I did go back the next day with a few buddies but could not find any tracks. One of my friends who went with me is 6'8''. I had him stand next to the cedar tree where the creature was and I stood approximately where we were positioned in the jeep, he was almost half as tall as the tree.

I will admit, when we did go back down there I was still pretty freaked out and wouldn't have gone alone.

I gotta say, though, it was probably the best bigfoot story I've ever read.

Bigfoot is the one monster that scares the crap out of me. When I was a kid, we'd go to a single wide trailer (used as a summer vacation home) near a lake. I don't know how I got left alone there, but I remember having watched some of the scary bigfoot movies, and then being alone there in that trailer. The windows were too close for my comfort, and it was dark out. I could envision (fear) a big hairy arm coming through the window to grab me. Could also envision being watched by bigfoot.

They had some great scary bigfoot movies in 1970's. Not campy stuff like the 6 million dollar man episode, or the later Harry and the Hendersons. But real hardcore Swamp Monster stuff. I can't remember all the titles.

1911Tuner
03-05-2013, 17:39
Interesting thread.

My take is that, they've been seen and recorded by too many people...going back for a couple centuries...for everybody to be blowin' smoke.

I believe that something is out there. What it is exactly remains to be seen.

As for bones, teeth, etc. We don't know the intelligence level of such a creature. Assuming that they are real, maybe they bury their dead. Maybe they take precautions to stay hidden. It's not all that unusual with shy, retiring creatures, especially the ones that are primarily nocturnal. People hunt Whitetail deer season after season and never see one. In the past, I spent a lot of time in the great outdoors...and I've caught a glimpse of only one Bobcat. For all practical purposes, one could say that bats don't exist in this part of North Carolina. I haven't seen a bat around here in 15 years.

I've never seen a Sasquatch, nor anything that I could say that was maybe a Sasquatch. I have briefly caught wind of that awful stench that the witnesses say goes along with one in close proximity. It was there and gone in the span of 8-10 seconds. We scoured the area the next day, trying to find something...anything...that would explain it. Never found anything. Whatever made it was moving, and the underbrush was too thick to see a footprint of any kind.

So...I'm not quick to believe, but I'm open-minded enough to say...maybe.

Michael Rye
03-05-2013, 20:21
Bigfoot is believed by people who study it to be a descendant of sorts of Gigantopithecus. Gigantopithecus was believed to have been 8 to 12ft high. This does seem to square with the reported size descriptions people have offered in their accounts of their bigfoot sightings.

Here's where it gets interesting, though. Gigantopithecus is generally believed to have been a quadruped. There isn't 100% agreement on this, but that's the overall consensus.

If bigfoot is a descendant of Gigantopithecus, from a purely evolutionary stand point...it makes absolutely no sense that it went from being a quadruped to a biped.

Think about it. Bigfoot is believed to occupy primarily hilly and mountainous terrain. Bipedal locomotion would be a hinderance in environments like that. Those environments just wouldn't be conducive for evolving from getting around on all fours to standing upright and walking like we do. It just doesn't make sense.

Dawolf
03-05-2013, 20:37
I was skeptical until i met Gover Krantz at a anthropology meeting. He showed some evidence that was very compelling indeed.
http://www.bigfoot-lives.com/html/grover_kranz.html

Michael Rye
03-05-2013, 22:57
I am a little familiar with his writings.

But I keep coming back to the same problem. If bigfoot is a descendant of Gigantopithecus, there is no logical explanation for how it evolved from a quad to a bi. None. Not in that terrain anyway.

There's also no reason for it to have maintained its' girth. A creature that disproportionately large just wouldn't do well in such a heavily wooded and steep terrained environment.

Not saying it's impossible, just that it's unlikely in the extreme.

Dawolf
03-06-2013, 07:15
I am a little familiar with his writings.

But I keep coming back to the same problem. If bigfoot is a descendant of Gigantopithecus, there is no logical explanation for how it evolved from a quad to a bi. None. Not in that terrain anyway.

There's also no reason for it to have maintained its' girth. A creature that disproportionately large just wouldn't do well in such a heavily wooded and steep terrained environment.

Not saying it's impossible, just that it's unlikely in the extreme.

Consider this:
http://www.3news.co.nz/Gorilla-walks-like-a-human/tabid/1216/articleID/196244/Default.aspx
http://www.unmuseum.org/bigape.htm

Joshhtn
03-06-2013, 07:22
Tagged.

itstime
03-06-2013, 07:41
While working in the field I saw this huge 2 legged furry beast take a bite out of a moose's haunches like it was a KFC chicken leg, and then when it heard my camera clicking away, it dropped the moose and ran off into the trees, I was too skeered to give pursuit, but I did get some pics of its footprints it left in the snow:
http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af219/Planejain/Miscelaneous/DSC_2080_zps1ad084de.jpg

And the moose.
http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af219/Planejain/Alaska%20too/DSC_0290_zpsc76dd844.jpg

Where is The pics he heard you clicking away at?

hunter won
03-06-2013, 08:05
New York had a Big Foot sighting that was covered on the History Channel, The show was called Monster Quest.

ithaca_deerslayer
03-06-2013, 17:57
New York had a Big Foot sighting that was covered on the History Channel, The show was called Monster Quest.

Cool. Where was it? Adirondacks, Catskills, Southern Tier, or the Bronx?

fortyofforty
03-09-2013, 17:21
Apparently no ammunition is good enough to nab a Sasquatch. My proof? No one has yet to shoot and kill a bigfoot.

As for me, I await more proof. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. By now I'd think at least one would be found by the side of a road, hit and killed by a car or big rig. Yet, not one such case exists. Even with story after story of drivers seeing Sasquatches crossing roads. That leads me to suspect it is nothing but a scary myth. Interesting, yes, but real? No.

2.0tspeed
03-09-2013, 17:48
With all the technology we have, we would of found him if he existed

cowboywannabe
03-09-2013, 19:25
With all the technology we have, we would of found him if he existed

the logical mind would think so.

Green Mountain Boy
03-09-2013, 19:48
I dont think we can claim to know everything about this world yet.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

cowboywannabe
03-09-2013, 21:04
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

this is all anybody can ask, yet what everybody should expect.

AsSeenOnTV
03-09-2013, 21:56
Where is The pics he heard you clicking away at?

Division of Homeland Security confiscated them from me. Apparently it was just Michelle Obama out for a stroll in the woods! :rofl:

Dawolf
03-10-2013, 17:50
Division of Homeland Security confiscated them from me. Apparently it was just Michelle Obama out for a stroll in the woods! :rofl:

An insult to all squatches.:laughabove:

countrygun
03-11-2013, 12:15
Cool. Where was it? Adirondacks, Catskills, Southern Tier, or the Bronx?

They film around Eugene Oregon. They often use locals as stand ins. The area is filled with a species known as the "neo-hippie, hairy legged granoloa and tofu Earth Pig"

ithaca_deerslayer
03-11-2013, 12:19
They film around Eugene Oregon. They often use locals as stand ins. The area is filled with a species known as the "neo-hippie, hairy legged granoloa and tofu Earth Pig"

I don't know if you watch the Simpsons, but they showed a bigfoot being filmed on that episode. But he was wearing a watch.

cowboywannabe
03-11-2013, 12:40
I don't know if you watch the Simpsons, but they showed a bigfoot being filmed on that episode. But he was wearing a watch.

well they are smart enough to bury their dead so we never find remains.....:whistling:

Dawolf
03-12-2013, 20:17

That would be the Saswatch type.

TBO
03-14-2013, 21:07
well they are smart enough to bury their dead so we never find remains.....:whistling:
...and hide their poop.

Gonetodarkside
03-15-2013, 08:35
...and hide their poop.

cats poop in a hole.

Green Mountain Boy
03-15-2013, 11:25
How many new species or sub species are discovered world wide in a given year?

TBO
03-15-2013, 12:17
How many in the USA? Of those, how many are bigger than a breadbox & land based?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Copatalk 2

cowboywannabe
03-15-2013, 16:29

well, there s these iddy biddy frogs in the dense jungles of south america.......

but a 7'-8' + 400 pound hominoid in the U.S. living in the woods along side bear, puma, elk, moose, deer, wolves, coyotes... leaving no trace of their presence, goes unseen (undocumented) for centuries?

im having a hard time buying the story.

cowboywannabe
03-15-2013, 16:31
cats poop in a hole.

naaa, i seen 'em do it. they poop on the ground then try to cover it up.

OdinIII
03-15-2013, 17:58
a 7'-8' + 400 pound hominoid in the U.S. living in the woods along side bear, puma, elk, moose, deer, wolves, coyotes... leaving no trace of their presence, goes unseen (undocumented) for centuries?

Hey, it could happen! :D

Green Mountain Boy
03-15-2013, 18:59
Fellas I was asking that honestly. I really dont know the numbers. For that matter how many untouched undeveloped acres in the usa. I can see a scenario in which BF could be on undeveloped private land or state forest.

As a hunter I know deer seem to love posted signs :)

TBO
03-15-2013, 19:23
Fellas I was asking that honestly. I really dont know the numbers. For that matter how many untouched undeveloped acres in the usa. I can see a scenario in which BF could be on undeveloped private land or state forest.

As a hunter I know deer seem to love posted signs :)

How do they maintain a viable population?

countrygun
03-15-2013, 19:25
but a 7'-8' + 400 pound hominoid in the U.S. living in the woods along side bear, puma, elk, moose, deer, wolves, coyotes...
im having a hard time buying the story.

I dunno, except for the height it kinda sounds like Darlene that works at the hardware store.

Green Mountain Boy
03-15-2013, 19:29
How do they maintain a viable population?

Same way we do :) not a hard thing to motivate most homosapians to do!

ojabog
03-15-2013, 19:29
Most bogfooters accounts say they are solitary creatures...how does one bury ones self?

DWARREN123
03-15-2013, 20:05
We need to get all the Bigfoots (Bigfeets?) together and run them for congress. They stay quiet and out of sight. :supergrin:

jdavionic
03-15-2013, 20:06
I've seen him. He's on commercials.

Dawolf
03-15-2013, 20:23
Most bogfooters accounts say they are solitary creatures...how does one bury ones self?

Actually a lot eyewitnesses have seen them in pairs, of a big one and young one. Not saying it is true, just that they have been reported. As stated earlier my conversations with Krantz made think there is a possibility...........

TBO
03-15-2013, 21:53
Same way we do :) not a hard thing to motivate most homosapians to do!

Well, based on Bigfoot believers beliefs... Bigfoot has to be an inbred moron.

Green Mountain Boy
03-16-2013, 07:49
Well, based on Bigfoot believers beliefs... Bigfoot has to be an inbred moron.

Hmm you mean because they are supposedly loaners? I have been aloof about the whole thing. For the GT record let it be known that I do not necessarily believe in Big Foot. I just cant completely discount the possibility.

Michael Rye
03-16-2013, 14:21
Hmm you mean because they are supposedly loaners? I have been aloof about the whole thing. For the GT record let it be known that I do not necessarily believe in Big Foot. I just cant completely discount the possibility.

I can't completely discount the possibility that witches, ghosts and vampires exist either...that said, I have to go with the evidence and/or lack thereof.

fortyofforty
03-16-2013, 14:40
It is impossible to prove that Sasquatches don't exist. No matter how hard people try to find them, they simply might be perfectly elusive. Wherever people look, Bigfoot might be somewhere else. That said, it is easy to prove Bigfoot exists. So, I await the proof. Until then, judgment reserved and skepticism high.

I do find it interesting that many people go Bigfoot "hunting" with nothing more than cameras, despite the abject terror allegedly felt by many Sasquatch "witnesses" in the presence of one of the animals. Is Sasquatch supposedly a fearsome beast or is Sasquatch a benign, gentle giant?

9jeeps
03-16-2013, 15:07
I think the last thing Sasquatch needs is a bunch of TV nitwits running around in the woods in the dead of night making a lot of racket.

If you want to see one. Go deep into the woods. Sit down and STFU. Blend in. Even other critters can smell and hear a human for a mile or better. Old Timers we've met who live back in will neither confirm nor deny their existence.

They are curious creatures to be sure. If you read up on them any you'll learn they aren't stupid.

We used to hunt a lot in an area that is being studied for some time now. No one is talking about what they are finding, yet. Think it's been under study for about five years now.

We left that area about ten years ago. And we have watched some TV programs where they are filming in areas and trails we spent much time on back then. We are waiting to see what they come up with or if it is even published.

Some times we could go in and spend all day. Other times we wouldn't stay an hour because stuff wasn't right. We've heard but not seen. Thank God. This is not just one area but a whole zone that doesn't seem all that wild but is indeed.:shocked:

fortyofforty
03-16-2013, 15:13
And yet, with thousands and thousands of hunters prowling the woods, at least some of whom are experienced at blending in and don't make a racket, not once has a Sasquatch been dispatched and brought to light. Curious, no?

fortyofforty
03-16-2013, 15:17
Not to mention the hundreds of trail cameras set up to catch the movement of animals, especially along known trails (as we have been told are also used by Sasquatches as they track their prey).

xXxplosive
03-19-2013, 15:29
Had a friend who was a renowned archeologist here in NJ....he was responsible for uncovering the Dark Moon Indian Village and recovered thousands of artifacts and grave sites....none of this ever materialized into money, fame or wealth....that's just the type of fella he was....unfortunately he passed a few years back but before he did he called me one day to come up to his office to see something....he wouldn't tell me what over the phone.
So over I went....he pulled out some 8.5 X 11 photos he took and went on with his story...he told me one early snowy Dec. morning he was called and ask to go to a farm in Port Jervis NY area ...the owner wanted to speak with someone who could tell him what was going on out there in the evenings....the pics showed a moderate snow fall and a split rail wooden fence in the background....in the foreground was a young girl on horseback standing in the field.....So I asked what this was about...he said look at those tracks in the snow....they go down through the meadow and accross the field...he said while he was there this girl was out riding on her horse and he asked her to come over and take a pic next to the tracks....he wanted to be able to have something in the pic that could show how far the spread was between foot prints...then he said he found some hairs attached to the top of the split rail fence where something walked over it....my friend knew at that moment what he was dealing with but never mentioned it to anyone other then me.....I was shocked to look at these pics and listen to his story......and by the way, he was the most honest fella I ever met......I thoroughly believe Bigfoot exists based on our discussion and his pics.

countrygun
03-19-2013, 17:38
OK, here is the experience of die-hard skeptic who has some doubt about skepticism.

In the late 1980s I was hunting in on the west side of Oregon's Coast Range. I had been hunting and woods prowling since I was a kid. I driving from one location to another on some old logging rods way up in the hills. I had the window down and was almost stopped by an odd smell. I stopped the truck and got out to investigate. I parted the brush on the side of the logging road to discover another, tangential OLD logging road headed up the side of a hill. The road was covered in a carpet of moss. In the moss was what looked very much like a set of bipedal foot prints, but indistinct due to the moss itself. The moss was definitely freshly crushed some what, and the odor got stronger as I followed. These "prints" were large that my size 9 boots were making by a noticeable amount, they were also so far apart that only with a long stretch could I bridge between them. Now I could very easily dismiss them as some form of wildlife and a bit of my own imagination and something natural causing the musky smell. I was really convincing myself of this until I looked at my own footprints. Every one of mine had torn the moss carpet at either heel or toe as my foot dug in. The "tracks" I was following showed no sign of tearing as I had seen previously with the hooves of elk or the claws of bears going either uphill or down hill.
I convinced myself that it was merely an anomaly created by a known animal. Funny thing was, I did a bit of research later and found that the Indians of the are had called the mountain "Spirit Mountain". Coincidence that proves nothing.

I never mentioned this to anyone and a couple of years later a good friend of mine who was older and has a son my age told me over coffee one Monday morning, very excited, that his son and daughter-in-law had "Seen a Bigfoot" that weekend. They were staying at a vacation rental many miles due west of where I had my "trail adventure". They were in the hot tub at the house on a well known river a couple of miles from the ocean. The said a large, dark creature had come out of the brush across the river and knelt down and drank from the river.
Now I know this man and if his son said it, his son saw it. BUT I think this was probably a hoax to give the vacation renters a thrill and generate business. It was closer to the town than I could excuse or overlook.

It got really interesting to me years later when I moved back to my country homeland on the coast. I was the museum curator and unofficial but de facto County Historian. I had access to all old newspapers and official documents and records. That is when things started to make me go "Hmmm"

I started "snooping into an unsolved death case from the 1880's. Before the Indians in the area had been rounded up some 25+ years earlier they had talked about the 'Wildman" in the area. From newspaper reports I was led to the Deputy/Marshals log. Here is how the story played out.

It was at a gold mining "camp" actually a series of individual one to four man camps along a stretch of river. One of the miners went to the neighbor's camp a mile or so away from his and when he got there he found the camp wrecked and the two occupants dead. He went to the next camp and sounded the alarm. Someone rode to the town about ten miles way to get the law. The town wasn't the county seat but there was Deputy/town Marshal lived there and he came back and brought the town Doctor and a group of volunteers with him (a Posse of sorts). According to the Doctor's report and the Marshal's log/report. The camp was demolished. There were no identifiable prints at all. The Marshal had first assumed that a spooked herd of elk had stampeded the camp. There wasn't one single print or track that supported that conclusion. The Doctor reported that the bodies were intact but most of the large bones had been broken or crushed without many external wounds, not even "Compound" type fractures that would break the skin. No claw marks, hoof marks, bites nothing . Cause of death was listed as "Internal hemorrhage and multiple fractures from unknown cause".

I am not ready to say there couldn't have been an explanation, but it is darned had to kill one man, much less two by crushing them without breaking the skin.

Their gold was pretty much accounted for and there was no one in the area that had a grudge and the men were well liked. In that day a vigilante lynching would hardly have been questioned in a "gold camp" had the men some transgressed severely enough to warrant terminal punishment.

The two graves are still up there somewhere having been lost to the elements.

cowboywannabe
03-19-2013, 18:42
lots of good stories, should sell some books if ever compiled into one but, other than stories, poorly shot video and questionable still photos there isn't any proof. no proof in decades of modern reporting, modern recording, modern videoing, modern science, modern DNA, modern anything.

stories, entertaining as they are, they lack what is needed: proof.

xXxplosive
03-20-2013, 07:16
That would be the first incident of a BF killing someone that I know of....Hmmmm.

fortyofforty
03-20-2013, 07:51
That would be the first incident of a BF killing someone that I know of....Hmmmm.

And maybe the last, too. Hmmmmm.

Green Mountain Boy
03-20-2013, 10:02
What if they are mythical creatures that turn back into humans during the day. I saw a fella in the gym the other day who could have passed for BF just saying :)

cowboywannabe
03-20-2013, 10:50
What if they are mythical creatures that turn back into humans during the day. I saw a fella in the gym the other day who could have passed for BF just saying :)

naa, what you saw was a werewolf.

Green Mountain Boy
03-20-2013, 11:10
naa, what you saw was a werewolf.

But we were not in London?

ithaca_deerslayer
03-20-2013, 11:17
This thread is an example of why, in my opinion, bigfoot is the most interesting and scary of the monsters.

Vampires, werewolves, mummies, etc, all have a strict comic bookness about them. Fantasy stuff. Fun scary movies, but no substance.

However, when we talk of bigfoot, you get rational believers and plausible stories. Hair raising reality. Is it real or not? Hard to say for sure. Ok, lots will say not real at all. But you could still tell them a story that will make them think twice :)

cowboywannabe
03-20-2013, 11:23
This thread is an example of why, in my opinion, bigfoot is the most interesting and scary of the monsters.

Vampires, werewolves, mummies, etc, all have a strict comic bookness about them. Fantasy stuff. Fun scary movies, but no substance.

However, when we talk of bigfoot, you get rational believers and plausible stories. Hair raising reality. Is it real or not? Hard to say for sure. Ok, lots will say not real at all. But you could still tell them a story that will make them think twice :)

come on man, theres more proof of werewolves than there are of bigfootses.....i mean look at all the movies about werewolves and hardly any about bigfootses...thats because there more proof of WW than there are BF.

Green Mountain Boy
03-20-2013, 13:26
I was talking to the Easter bunny the other day. He showed me pictures of himself, santa claus, superman, and BIGFOOT HIMSELF at an IDPA match

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Bigfoot-Shooting-Guns.jpg

fortyofforty
03-20-2013, 13:59
That looks more like a 3 Gun match. I heard Bigfoot got DQ'd for stepping outside the Shooting Box.

cowboywannabe
03-20-2013, 14:04
you cant possibly even entertain that there might be bigfoots when you deny trail cam photos of werewolves....

cowboywannabe
03-20-2013, 14:12
heres footage found on a cam corder in the woods by some hunters. no idea who the owner was, all that was with the recorder was some shredded clothing, lots of blood and a human foot.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff256/JerryS357/tumblr_m8vfy5Pacp1ruwutyo1_500_zps0e6d550e.gif

Green Mountain Boy
03-20-2013, 14:40
That looks more like a 3 Gun match. I heard Bigfoot got DQ'd for stepping outside the Shooting Box.

No that is IDPA. Those are the new Glock Carbines that qualify as pistols because of barrel length. They run them in the really freaking open division :)

Hey if BF exists so does the Glock Carbine. BTW he ccws the G62 which is a single stack 9mm glock :tongueout:

countrygun
03-20-2013, 14:46
heres footage found on a cam corder in the woods by some hunters. no idea who the owner was, all that was with the recorder was some shredded clothing, lots of blood and a human foot.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff256/JerryS357/tumblr_m8vfy5Pacp1ruwutyo1_500_zps0e6d550e.gif

All that proves is that my ex-wife still goes camping.

countrygun
03-20-2013, 14:48
But we were not in London?

Or at Trader Vic's

fortyofforty
03-20-2013, 14:58
Hey if BF exists so does the Glock Carbine. BTW he ccws the G62 which is a single stack 9mm glock :tongueout:

OK, now I DON'T believe in the single stack 9mm Glock.

knotquiteawake
03-20-2013, 15:05
Demons maybe. That would explain the overwhelming crushing panicked fear many have reported.

Best to just dip your bullets in some holy water just to be safe.

NMOFT
03-20-2013, 22:16
I'm pretty sure that Bigfoot is a demon possesed werewolf that has been genetically mutated by exposure to chem trails.

TBO
03-21-2013, 11:00
Maybe it started by a hairy homeless man rummaging through dumpsters behind a clinic and getting poked by a discarded flu serum needle...

Gray_Rider
06-06-2013, 02:59
Actually a lot eyewitnesses have seen them in pairs, of a big one and young one. Not saying it is true, just that they have been reported. As stated earlier my conversations with Krantz made think there is a possibility...........

My former parents-in-law saw a pair of BF (one was apparently a juvenile) near Cambridge Ohio on a railroad track while they were out searching for arrow points. This was about 15 years ago.

Gray_Rider

cityborncountrylivin
06-21-2013, 19:30
Is it true that before the 1940's the large Mountain Gorilla that we see on the nature shows was believed to not exist?

countrygun
06-21-2013, 20:53
Is it true that before the 1940's the large Mountain Gorilla that we see on the nature shows was believed to not exist?

Later than that. Rosie O'Donnell wasn't born 'till '62

porschedog
06-21-2013, 21:46
I believe.

Lowjiber
06-22-2013, 07:05
during the day according to all the alleged footage presented by "witnesses", so why in the heck do the bigfoot hunters or whatever they are always search in the dark when Bigfoot is asleep in a cave?:whistling:

what say you?
I've asked that same question for years.

The only thing I can figure is that they have no chance of encountering Big Foot at night. Given the size of Big Foot in the beef jerky commercials, I'd "hunt" 'em at night too.:rofl:

You know how the road crews put up a "Deer Crossing" sign and immediately deer start getting hit by cars in that area? Well, if you want to hunt Big Foot, just do the same thing. Erect a "Bigfoot Crossing" sign beside the road and wait in the bushes to shoot 'em when they cross the road. Simple, huh?

douglasd
07-11-2013, 18:58
:rofl:Big Foot is easy to find...you just have to look in the blurry part of the forest!

cowboywannabe
07-11-2013, 19:03
this is still here?

TBO
07-12-2013, 10:03
Maybe Bigfoot has a cartilage skeleton?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

dhoomonyou
07-12-2013, 11:28
True
Its well known that the BIGFOOTS of the world are going to unite and cause a NEW WORLD order.

Get your hands off me you damn filthy ape!!

dp2002813
07-13-2013, 17:20
All that proves is that my ex-wife still goes camping.

:rofl:

Windwalker7
09-21-2013, 10:31
I need a taxidermist

vettely
09-21-2013, 12:32
Let's say the big ape exists; where is the evidence? Where are the feces samples, the hair, teeth, etc? Where are the dead remains?

In today's America hiding isn't easy. You will be found. With that being said; this creature isn't going to be found because it doesn't exist.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)
This.

wingryder
09-21-2013, 13:04

http://ccah.com/Portals/70365/images/skeptical%20cat.jpg

Sorry, but those tracks are NOT the gait of a running animal. They are too perfectly imprinted into the snow and they aren't even the same size! ... and this is a four-toed primate?

EDIT: It ran off when it heard your camera clicking? Where are THOSE photos? You only have one of an injured moose and on of faked footprints... where are the photos of the bigfoot devouring this moose leg?

douglasd
09-21-2013, 19:32
http://ccah.com/Portals/70365/images/skeptical%20cat.jpg

Sorry, but those tracks are NOT the gait of a running animal. They are too perfectly imprinted into the snow and they aren't even the same size! ... and this is a four-toed primate?

EDIT: It ran off when it heard your camera clicking? Where are THOSE photos? You only have one of an injured moose and on of faked footprints... where are the photos of the bigfoot devouring this moose leg?

Yeah, I'd like to hear the answer to that too.

Snowman92D
09-22-2013, 11:11
We've got Zombie ammo. Now, we need Bigfoot ammo.

We need something. They sure nuff are getting ready for us, or at least ready for Obama.

BIGFOOT FIREARMS ACADEMY - YouTube

Fred Hansen
09-22-2013, 11:40
Or at Trader Vic'sNonetheless, his hair is perfect.

crazycathed
03-04-2014, 00:56
if I saw something like a bigfoot I would not hesitate to put 10 mil slugs in its face. I'll mash that trigger till it clicks on an empty chamber