Goverment Taking your guns [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Goverment Taking your guns

purrrfect 10
02-13-2013, 06:47
Do you think it is possible the government will take our guns like they did in Australia and destroy them all?

I just can't picture a couple vans pulling up in front of my house 8- 15 swat dressed men coming down my drive, knocking on the door saying we are here to search and take all you guns.

Could this ever happen? Your thoughts.

Why is HL security buying so much ammo?

I heard they are building concentration camps in every state, is this true? :dunno:

CMG
02-13-2013, 06:59
There are more armed men in the woods on opening day of deer season than there are police officers in this country. For a very good reason.

moonwilson
02-13-2013, 07:03
They wouldn't do it that way at first. They'd make you register the guns first, then slowly declare different types of guns illegal, make it a felony to possess them, and give amnesty for a certain period if you turn your scary guns in on time. Eventually, when almost everything will be a felony to possess, most law-abiding citizens will have turned in their guns. That way they'll only have to roll on the die-hard "criminals" with SWAT teams.

uncledoodoo
02-13-2013, 07:09
Every time I hear a lib saying "they're not coming for your guns you so-and-so..." I can't help but laugh at their complete lack of knowledge of not only history, but current, modern nations (England and Australia in particular).

moonwilson
02-13-2013, 07:11
Basically they'll do exactly what they're already doing in New York, California, New Jersey etc. It's already happening. The most liberal states will go first, and the madness will spread to the rest of the country. If we let it.

FLIPPER 348
02-13-2013, 07:14
[QUOTE=purrrfect 10;19982671

I heard they are building concentration camps in every state, is this true? :dunno:[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's an Obama shovel-ready work project.

carbuncle
02-13-2013, 07:19
They wouldn't do it that way at first. They'd make you register the guns first, then slowly declare different types of guns illegal, make it a felony to possess them, and give amnesty for a certain period if you turn your scary guns in on time. Eventually, when almost everything will be a felony to possess, most law-abiding citizens will have turned in their guns. That way they'll only have to roll on the die-hard "criminals" with SWAT teams.

This, look into the future if we allow it to happen.

BBSRQ
02-13-2013, 07:19
I'm far from a 'paranoid gun nut' who believes the government is going to become totalitarian and confiscate guns. But, after seeing this video, I have to admit that anyone who denies the possibility that it could happen here is missing the point. It already has happened here and who knows if there will be a next time?
NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrina - YouTube

Fear Night
02-13-2013, 07:22
Of course it can happen. It has already happened in New Orleans as shown in the video above.

jb1911
02-13-2013, 07:50
The government isn't taking my guns. Not while I'm alive anyway.

Bob Hafler
02-13-2013, 07:51
Do you think it is possible the government will take our guns like they did in Australia and destroy them all?

I just can't picture a couple vans pulling up in front of my house 8- 15 swat dressed men coming down my drive, knocking on the door saying we are here to search and take all you guns.

I heard they are building concentration camps in every state, is this true? :dunno:

No I do not. Don't get caught up in all the he said, she said my neighbor said BS.. The gov't does not want to get into a war with it's own people. They have much bigger fish to fry. What there doing right now is taking a whole lot of SH** and throwing it against the wall and seeing what they can make stick. In the end it will be next to nothing as there are more than a few states not turning there backs on your second ammendment rights.

21GlockStreet
02-13-2013, 08:00
There are close to 100,000,000 gun owners in the U.S. Watching the panic of the California law enforcement "comunity" caused by one armed individual makes me wonder. What would happen if only1% of gun owners resist confiscation?

fuzzy03cls
02-13-2013, 08:05
Do you think it is possible the government will take our guns
Not by force. This isn't 1994. The amount of guns civilians own as well has ammo is factors above what it was then. The US doesn't have the manpower or the resources to forcefully take weapons. Many LEO's & even military folks would not turn their guns on innocent civilian populations willingly.
If it's going to get done it will be by laws made to ban then in stages over a period of time.

moonwilson
02-13-2013, 08:06
There are close to 100,000,000 gun owners in the U.S. Watching the panic of the California law enforcement "comunity" caused by one armed individual makes me wonder. What would happen if only1% of gun owners resist confiscation?

I believe it was only about 1% of the American population that took up arms against the British during the American Revolution.

Revvv
02-13-2013, 08:15
Not by force. This isn't 1994. The amount of guns civilians own as well has ammo is factors above what it was then. The US doesn't have the manpower or the resources to forcefully take weapons. Many LEO's & even military folks would not turn their guns on innocent civilian populations willingly.
If it's going to get done it will be by laws made to ban then in stages over a period of time.

The number of guns and amount of ammo isn't really what concerns me. The backbone, bravery, and determination of Americans is where my concern is. Would most fold or stand up and fight?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Spiffums
02-13-2013, 08:24
There are more armed men in the woods on opening day of deer season than there are police officers in this country. For a very good reason.

FUDDs wouldn't fight back.

moonwilson
02-13-2013, 08:38
The number of guns and amount of ammo isn't really what concerns me. The backbone, bravery, and determination of Americans is where my concern is. Would most fold or stand up and fight?

Most will fold. A few will stand up and fight. The recent Chris Dorner events give a pretty good illustration of how folks who stand up and fight will be treated by the media and police. Those sort of stories will become more and more common, and police methods for dealing with them will become more and more effective. Keyboard commandos who proclaim "from my cold dead hands" have that to look forward to. Once you make the decision to behave like a criminal, you will be treated as a criminal. It won't be fun or easy or glamorous. Folks who resist will be publicly humiliated, their families will be shamed and harassed. Lives will be ruined, and you will in all likelihood be killed.

burttrans
02-13-2013, 08:38
Don't kid yourselves guys just like in the video in New Orleans there are many situations that could arise where people would just hand their guns over. I would like to think I never would but if armed law enforcement are at your house you would be more concerned with the safetly of wife and kids and therefore would just give your guns up.

Bobbj22
02-13-2013, 08:47
Over 65,000,000 background checks were reported in 0's first term. That's 91% more than GWB's first term. People didn't buy them so they could give them away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

F350
02-13-2013, 08:55
There are close to 100,000,000 gun owners in the U.S. Watching the panic of the California law enforcement "community" caused by one armed individual makes me wonder. What would happen if only1% of gun owners resist confiscation?

EXACTLY!!!!!

A single person who's identity is known; what about even 100,000 unknowns striking from the shadows and then disapearing. That is exactly use of commando raids and guerrilla fighters in conventional warfare, it is not the damage they do, it is the number of enemy forces they tie up in defense.

Every cop/national guardsman has neighbors who know who he is; while they are out visiting our homes and families; we will need to visit theirs :whistling: It does not require a toe to toe battle, just look at Iraq and Afghanistan.

Beanie-Bean
02-13-2013, 08:59
Sheat...the N.O. folks weren't even given any claim tickets or receipts. That was some paranoid b.s., if I may say so.

To 21GlockStreet's point, one guy in Kalifornia caused that much trouble for all the law-enforcement personnel. Can you honestly imagine what would happen if those actions were attempted on a much larger (what was the number--100,000,000?) scale?

Keep up the fight, everyone, and don't give the gun-grabbing dolts an inch.

Bob Hafler
02-13-2013, 09:06

Just like anything else 20 % will do at least something the other 80% of spineless BSers will go with the flow of what there told to do by the Gov't. out of fear. To combat there fears, All the Gov't has to do is say they'll give them something for free. What they do not understand is freedom isn't free and it never was.

SPIN2010
02-13-2013, 09:17

... there was some talk last night about the fifteen new "Industry Centers" spread over the USA (like in Youngstown, OH).

The kenyan would never lie about those centers true use ... would he?

P.S. I agree with Bob above 100%

burttrans
02-13-2013, 09:18
Don't kid yourselves guys just like in the video in New Orleans there are many situations that could arise where people would just hand their guns over. I would like to think I never would but if armed law enforcement are at your house you would be more concerned with the safetly of wife and kids and therefore would just give your guns up.

I hope you guys are right and I am wrong. I do think there would be some major backlash from law enforcement and national guard if they were forced to take guns of their law abiding neighbors! I hope so anyway!

SDGlock23
02-13-2013, 09:29
You bet it could happen. But keep in mind that they're not just coming for your guns, they're coming for you. Do you think they expect the American people to just give over their guns and be completely forthcoming about whether they have any or not? Lost them in a boating accident? Sold them all? No, they expect that and they've planned for it.

M&P15T
02-13-2013, 09:39
Over 65,000,000 background checks were reported in 0's first term. That's 91% more than GWB's first term. People didn't buy them so they could give them away.

Correct.

Some were bought to re-sell and make a profit.

Some were bought out of panic, out of fear of not being able to get them in the future.

mr00jimbo
02-13-2013, 09:50

That's what happened here.
"Oh don't worry, the registry isn't about taking them."
Then when you registered them, they decreed that some were illegitimate and should be turned in for destruction, or best case scenario, you can be "grandfathered" in to keep them and either still shoot 'em or only keep them at home and turn them in when you die.

Coming from a country where we've tried oppressive gun control measures that were is a complete failure, yet are still rampant, it could happen.

In Australia, you have to demonstrate the NEED to own certain guns. You have to tell them why they should grant you access to owning them.

The Fed
02-13-2013, 10:02
That's what happened here.
"Oh don't worry, the registry isn't about taking them."
Then when you registered them, they decreed that some were illegitimate and should be turned in for destruction, or best case scenario, you can be "grandfathered" in to keep them and either still shoot 'em or only keep them at home and turn them in when you die.

Coming from a country where we've tried oppressive gun control measures that were is a complete failure, yet are still rampant, it could happen.

In Australia, you have to demonstrate the NEED to own certain guns. You have to tell them why they should grant you access to owning them.

I have a friend who lives in Canada, and I extensively researched gun laws in Australia. I could hardly believe how easily Australians rolled over but they were directly threatened with arrest. It was turn them over or we take you in.

You cannot own a handgun in Australia anymore unless you are actively involved in competition shooting, and you must continuously prove it.

So, yes, I think anything's possible. I believe there is not one country under the Crown that allows handguns anymore.

Like was said, it would need to be gradual here. Perhaps they would offer current fair market value for your guns.

And don't worry about the cost - it's not like the U.S. is ever going to pay back our debt.

byf43
02-13-2013, 10:11
I don't personally think that the local law enforcement agency (here, it is our Sheriff's Dept.) will participate in 'raids' and/or confiscation.

I DO believe that Maryland State Police (aka/"MSP") would.

Case in point:
A couple of years ago, a local gunshop started keeping "Ammo Logs" of what ammunition was sold. Handgun and rifle ammo.
Now, currently in Maryland, there is NO requirement for these logs. Period.

A retired LEO had moved into Maryland and had bought a couple of boxes of ammo from this "LGS".
One night, after midnight, MSP SWAT came to his house.
His wife was laying tile near the front door.
When MSP knocked on the door, she opened the door to speak to the Trooper.
When she opened the door, he walked into the house WITHOUT A WARRANT, and loudly called for "Mr. __________."

The homeowner was asleep in the chair, in the living room.
He heard his name and came toward the door.
(He told me that he always kept a handgun nearby. In fact, one was between the seat and armrest in his recliner he was sleeping in!)

MSP "demanded" to see all of his firearms!!!
It wasn't until the homeowner showed his credentials (again Retired LEO) and demanded a warrant, that the MSP Trooper said that they had seen this log, and they saw that he didn't have this caliber handgun "registered" to him!!!!!

The homeowner politely told the Trooper that he was retired, had just recently moved to Maryland, and he knew that the law did NOT require him to 'register' what he owned, when he moved into the state.
He also informed the Trooper, that if he didn't have a warrant, that he was trespassing, and to leave. . . . now.

The trooper told the homeowner that he was just 'doing his job', and left.

This homeowner has talked to the NRA and their lawyers, plus, his lawyers.

The ultimate bottom line.. . . . . .

I firmly believe that Maryland State Police ("MSP) will try/will succeed to confiscate firearms, but, I believe they will recon/surveil, and will wait until a home/house/apartment/residence is vacant, then they will enter the residence and TAKE whatever they want.

railfancwb
02-13-2013, 10:21
I hope you guys are right and I am wrong. I do think there would be some major backlash from law enforcement and national guard if they were forced to take guns of their law abiding neighbors! I hope so anyway!

They might not be sent to take guns from their neighbors and family. They might be sent several hundred miles away to take guns from folks in that area.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

The Fed
02-13-2013, 10:24
I know Maryland is one of the worst states in the U.S. I was told that if I was caught with any firearms when I drove though on my way south I would be arrested and my guns confiscated.

byf43
02-13-2013, 11:00
I know Maryland is one of the worst states in the U.S. I was told that if I was caught with any firearms when I drove though on my way south I would be arrested and my guns confiscated.

IF you don't 'stop' anywhere (except for gasoline) you should be fine as long as the firearms are UNLOADED.
(I think it's the Firearm Owners Protection Act that covers this.)

I know for fact, that a friend of mine, that lives in Virginia, comes over and goes to the range with me, and he brings some of his firearms!

Now, if you're gonna stop at a hotel/motel for a couple of days, MSP "might" get 'anxious'.

The_Gun_Guru
02-13-2013, 11:32
OP, there are MORE THAN 150 MILLION gun owners in America. If even 1% of them told the government to go screw themselves, the idiot soldiers that actually break their vow to defend the Constitution would be starring down the barrel of more than 1.5 MILLION guns!!!!:wow:

Think about it......

it would be over before it even began!

Obama can KMA!!!!!!:steamed:

UNITED we are strong. DIVIDED we are defeated!!!!

Join the Revolution!!!!

TGG

gnepig
02-13-2013, 12:48

This is freakin scary, I was wondering why the govmnt was makin all my reservist buddy's do house to house combat drills... Looks like we're about to invade ourselves men!

The_Gun_Guru
02-13-2013, 13:19
This is freakin scary, I was wondering why the govmnt was makin all my reservist buddy's do house to house combat drills... Looks like we're about to invade ourselves men!

good luck, you're going to need it!

we will be giving you the bullets first, are you preparing for that?

:rofl:

TGG

4 glocks
02-13-2013, 13:25
I don't personally think that the local law enforcement agency (here, it is our Sheriff's Dept.) will participate in 'raids' and/or confiscation.

I DO believe that Maryland State Police (aka/"MSP") would.

Case in point:
A couple of years ago, a local gunshop started keeping "Ammo Logs" of what ammunition was sold. Handgun and rifle ammo.
Now, currently in Maryland, there is NO requirement for these logs. Period.

A retired LEO had moved into Maryland and had bought a couple of boxes of ammo from this "LGS".
One night, after midnight, MSP SWAT came to his house.
His wife was laying tile near the front door.
When MSP knocked on the door, she opened the door to speak to the Trooper.
When she opened the door, he walked into the house WITHOUT A WARRANT, and loudly called for "Mr. __________."

The homeowner was asleep in the chair, in the living room.
He heard his name and came toward the door.
(He told me that he always kept a handgun nearby. In fact, one was between the seat and armrest in his recliner he was sleeping in!)

MSP "demanded" to see all of his firearms!!!
It wasn't until the homeowner showed his credentials (again Retired LEO) and demanded a warrant, that the MSP Trooper said that they had seen this log, and they saw that he didn't have this caliber handgun "registered" to him!!!!!

The homeowner politely told the Trooper that he was retired, had just recently moved to Maryland, and he knew that the law did NOT require him to 'register' what he owned, when he moved into the state.
He also informed the Trooper, that if he didn't have a warrant, that he was trespassing, and to leave. . . . now.

The trooper told the homeowner that he was just 'doing his job', and left.

This homeowner has talked to the NRA and their lawyers, plus, his lawyers.

The ultimate bottom line.. . . . . .

I firmly believe that Maryland State Police ("MSP) will try/will succeed to confiscate firearms, but, I believe they will recon/surveil, and will wait until a home/house/apartment/residence is vacant, then they will enter the residence and TAKE whatever they want.

Why would the MSP come to his house because he bought a couple boxes of ammo?

Pier23
02-13-2013, 14:35
The government isn't taking my guns. Not while I'm alive anyway.

They don't have to take them...in a 50 year period of taxing "offensive" weapons and licensing fees, they can wean the guns out of the country. I will always have guns...but I am not betting on the grandkids.

In 100 years, gun ownership as we know it will probably not exist.

Pier23
02-13-2013, 14:48
I'm far from a 'paranoid gun nut' who believes the government is going to become totalitarian and confiscate guns. But, after seeing this video, I have to admit that anyone who denies the possibility that it could happen here is missing the point. It already has happened here and who knows if there will be a next time?
NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrina - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4)

Very chilling vid...but Katrina was not our finest hour by many measures.

byf43
02-13-2013, 15:57
Why would the MSP come to his house because he bought a couple boxes of ammo?

I asked the same question, and he asked MSP the same thing.

"Because he MAY (emphasis added by me!) be involved in straw purchases."

I'm sorry, folks. I used to have a LOT of respect for Maryland State Police. I've even done work with them and for them (including DNR).
I've trained with them.

Now. . . . they are Gov. Martin "OweMalley's" gestapo.
(Yes, I know that 99% of these Troopers are just doing their job, and what they are instructed/ordered to do.)

Glockdude1
02-13-2013, 16:03

http://facefwd.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Shovel-Ready.jpg

:cool:

vafish
02-13-2013, 16:17

Well in Australia they never drove up to your door and asked for your guns.

Because guns were registered they simply sent you a letter listing the guns you owned that were now banned, gave you 30 days to get an independent valuation of them and turn them in to the police for reimbursement.

Course they don't have the 2nd amendment either.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.

repooc
02-13-2013, 16:22
"From my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston

CBennett
02-13-2013, 17:08

I believe they are called FEMA trailers/housing

SpringerTGO
02-13-2013, 18:01
It will start with mandatory registration, for a fee. Then we will need a (renewable) permit for each weapon, for a fee.
Then certain weapons will not be able to be transferred. Then the permit won't be renewable. Or if you skip the renewal, same thing. Then they will confiscate.
I doubt this is the plan, but I could easily see things go this way.