What the foxtrot do I have? - HK question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What the foxtrot do I have? - HK question

DGreno
02-13-2013, 13:50
I just got a HK 45 USP compact in a trade and do not know anything about it. I have never owned or looked at anything HK. It came with a bag of trigger parts and another bag from HK parts.com with instructions for installing a LEM trigger system. How do I figure out what has been done to the gun and what trigger system is in it? The trigger is nice but heavy for my liking in DA and SA. I still haven't decided if I am going to keep it or not...
:dunno:
FWIW, it came with the original barrel, the HK threaded bbl, 3 mags, and all paperwork, as well as the original (I assume) trigger components and Trijicon night sights installed + original HK sights. What does the GT brain trust think it is worth in 95%+ cosmetic condition?

fnfalman
02-13-2013, 14:02
I just got a HK 45 USP compact in a trade and do not know anything about it. I have never owned or looked at anything HK. It came with a bag of trigger parts and another bag from HK parts.com with instructions for installing a LEM trigger system. How do I figure out what has been done to the gun and what trigger system is in it? The trigger is nice but heavy for my liking in DA and SA. I still haven't decided if I am going to keep it or not...
FWIW, it came with the original barrel, the HK threaded bbl, 3 mags, and all paperwork, as well as the original (I assume) trigger components and Trijicon night sights installed + original HK sights. What does the GT brain trust think it is worth in 95%+ cosmetic condition?

It is a good piece. I have one for probably ten years now. I can't help you about the parts issue.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

HKLovingIT
02-13-2013, 14:33

Post up a pic of what all you got with it.

It's a solid .45. Mine is LEM.

DGreno
02-13-2013, 15:05
Ill post a pic tonight if I get a chance. What exactly do you need to see? Thanks for the replies.

sourdough44
02-13-2013, 15:58
Sounds like a winner. I'd swing over to hkpro.com/forums for more detailed information. For CC the LEM is a great trigger configuration, mostly range the DA/SA is fine. If you have all the makings of an 'LEM conversion kit', that's about a $100 value now, & hard to get. Some parts may be model specific, which could affect value.

I'd be incline to keep & enjoy your new USPc in 45.

HKLovingIT
02-13-2013, 16:59
Ill post a pic tonight if I get a chance. What exactly do you need to see? Thanks for the replies.

Was curious about the additional trigger parts. From your description it sounds like it is currently setup with DA/SA and also has a LEM conversion kit. Sweet.

LEM is a precocked DAO mechanism, so you have a very light long initial take up then a break point and pretty short reset back to the break point. You retain the ability to double strike a round if you like and with the proper detent plate you can have LEM with safety if you like.

LEM on some models can be tweaked to a heavier or lighter pull and some do their own combo blend. Check hkpro forum for good posts on detail disassembly and LEM conversion / flavors.

I like LEM a lot.

DGreno
02-13-2013, 19:22
HK, It sounds like I may like the LEM. I am used to 1911's so I also like the idea of cocked and locked. My wife has already decided she likes it based on the simple fact that she can rack the slide much easier than a 1911. I had a rifle for sale to fund another rifle project and was offered this on a trade, which I jumped on. Believe me, I go the better end of the deal with 3 mags, 2 bbls, and the trigger components (although they remain unknown at this point).

It may be the morning before I can post pics. I just got home and its family time.

schild
02-13-2013, 19:26
I would say the HK LEM trigger compares with a good DA revolver trigger. I'd say call HK but you're not an operator so they won't talk to you.:tongueout:

DGreno
02-13-2013, 20:12
...you're not an operator so they won't talk to you.:tongueout:

That's what I hear.

Rinspeed
02-13-2013, 21:52
I would guess it is worth $550-625 without the extra barrel and trigger parts. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get $140-150 for the extra barrel. I've found it's usually advantages to sell the extras seperately rather than as a package deal.

The USPs are great pistols but have been slightly over-shadowed by the HK45s just because the newer designs are more ergonomic for a wider range of shooters.

DGreno
02-14-2013, 07:58
...I would guess it is worth $550-625 without the extra barrel and trigger parts.

Interesting. I was told by a gunsmith it was worth much more than that with everything.

Also, I have figured out that the parts I have in the bag are the trigger components to convert it to LEM. I may mess around with that today.

It is the only non American made gun in my collection. That kind of bothers me as well. The gun is growing on me but I am still wanting to fund the original project I had planned.

HKLovingIT
02-14-2013, 16:13
Interesting. I was told by a gunsmith it was worth much more than that with everything.

Also, I have figured out that the parts I have in the bag are the trigger components to convert it to LEM. I may mess around with that today.

It is the only non American made gun in my collection. That kind of bothers me as well. The gun is growing on me but I am still wanting to fund the original project I had planned.

Go shoot it a couple times and you might decide to keep that puppy. :supergrin: