About the HKS speed-loaders and more [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : About the HKS speed-loaders and more

DEE50
02-15-2013, 00:14
So I purchased several HKS 36 speedloaders for my S&W model 60 and I am wanting some pointers on how to use them. Most of the time they go in fine but part of the time I really have to give the thing a jiggle to get it off and it sometimes takes one of the rounds back with it when I drop it.
I have the factory hogue grip on the gun, is this an issue?
How deeply do I insert the rounds into the cylinder with the speedloader??

Also, I was wondering if night sights of any kind are an option for these S&W J frame handguns? :faint:

G26S239
02-15-2013, 00:37
It doesn't have to be in real deep. It requires practice because it does require more dexterity than changing a magazine.

DEE50
02-15-2013, 00:41
One more thing I left out. Exactly where are you supposed to hold the sights on the Model 60 at about 10-25 yards?

Bruce M
02-15-2013, 06:25
http://www.xssights.com/index.php?nID=sights&cID=Sights&pID=sights&sID=handgun

happyguy
02-15-2013, 06:30
Even if you fail to get all the rounds in, you've still got a loaded gun.

Practice, but don't sweat the small stuff.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy :)

MajorD
02-15-2013, 08:17
When you reload ( assuming you are right handed) push cylinder release with thumb. Shift grip to open cylinder with fingers of right hand while tra steering gun to left hand. Hit ejector rod with left thumb while gun is upside down. At this point your fingers of left hand should be inside frame window and thumb wrapped around frame and cylinder stabilized between fingers and thumb. Tip barrel directly straight down, push speed loader in with right hand and twist knob. Do not try to pick speed loader up to remove it. Just let it fall away to ground. It is harder to explain than do

dp2002813
02-15-2013, 14:18
This is a helpful vid from GT's very own Mas Ayoob maybe helpful:
http://youtu.be/oXUwI_d8JlA

He is using Safariland reloaders, but you can get the general idea.