The Panic is Subsiding......Draco Tells Me So.....:-) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Panic is Subsiding......Draco Tells Me So.....:-)

The_Gun_Guru
02-15-2013, 14:51
Search "Draco" on GB and you will see that the panic buys are coming to an end. Two months ago a Draco AK pistol would have cost you upwards of $1500!:wow: Now, you can get one for UNDER $1K.

The panic is dying down and the sanity is returning to the American gun market.

HOLD OFF FOLKS and the prices will come down evenn further!

TGG

arclight610
02-15-2013, 15:41
Its ammo thats going to be in short supply for awhile.

bac1023
02-15-2013, 18:52
Its ammo thats going to be in short supply for awhile.

It's probably going to take a year or more for ammo suppliers to catch up.

WayneJessie
02-15-2013, 19:13
Maybe longer. All those new guns that have been sold are still waiting for ammo to go in them. Maybe the Social Security Dept. could front us some:dunno:Or Homeland Security:dunno:

G23c
02-15-2013, 19:46
starting to see rifles back on shelves at Academy.

yellowlabsrule
02-15-2013, 21:23
:rofl: I think I paid 3 something.

bigdough666
02-15-2013, 22:58
I just sold mine for $1150

Nakanokalronin
02-16-2013, 00:13
Yep, It'll happen the longer people go into debt by maxing out credit cards and what-not. It can't be an endless spending spree unless everyone is getting an extra few million on their tax returns. Priorities like house bills, food, car repairs and kid stuff will make people think twice about ordering 100 P-mags or 20 bolt carrier groups.

Unprepared people that paid high prices are going to feel pretty salty when it goes back down to normal. The only problem is, people will defiantly want to stock up this time meaning this will last a little longer than it normally would.

DAIadvisor
02-16-2013, 04:22
Yep, It'll happen the longer people go into debt by maxing out credit cards and what-not. It can't be an endless spending spree unless everyone is getting an extra few million on their tax returns. Priorities like house bills, food, car repairs and kid stuff will make people think twice about ordering 100 P-mags or 20 bolt carrier groups.

Unprepared people that paid high prices are going to feel pretty salty when it goes back down to normal. The only problem is, people will defiantly want to stock up this time meaning this will last a little longer than it normally would.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I always wondered why people order all that crap they never use. Just sits somewhere collecting dust.

cesaros
02-16-2013, 04:54
I'm holding off on any AR/AK purchases until next year, hopefully the market will have recovered in that time. And it will be just as I'm returning from working overseas, so plenty of money to get ammo if its still in short supply.

ARP
02-16-2013, 06:58

I think plenty of the panic buyers were first timers, not serious players in the gun culture, also think plenty of people bought "just in case it gets banned" or financial gain on resell, and since that most likely won't happen (AWB in the near future) I'll bet it will get to be like it was in May of 2012, plenty of choices on the shelf, just a question of when.

Rooster Rugburn
02-16-2013, 08:38
If you look at Buds auctions, an M&P-15 is at $1500 and a RRA LAR-15 is at $1200. There are still some that have seemingly high prices.

It would seem the panic is starting to dwindle.

Nakanokalronin
02-16-2013, 09:52
I think plenty of the panic buyers were first timers, not serious players in the gun culture, also think plenty of people bought "just in case it gets banned" or financial gain on resell, and since that most likely won't happen (AWB in the near future) I'll bet it will get to be like it was in May of 2012, plenty of choices on the shelf, just a question of when.

I know a lot of people from various gun forums admitting they bought tons of hard to find stuff just to resell, like bolt carrier groups, mags, upper, 22lr, .223/5.56, etc so they can pay for their personal lives. Nothing wrong with this mind you, but sometimes we're our own worse enemy.

I have a few ARs but had a complete lower with stock sitting around doing nothing and so far I have everything to complete it minus an upper and charging handle I have on back-order. In fact I found the BCG at a local shop at a very normal price hanging on the shelf just a month ago when people were willing to pay double. It's better to wait and let the prices drop than help the madness continue. I'm starting to find that local shops have better deals than on-line now. One example is AIM has just recieved a ton of 7.62x54r ,already has it in stock or is already sold out and people are going "woo-hoo" over it. One of my local shops has the 2 tin crates of the stuff stacked to the ceiling at normal prices.

LawScholar
02-16-2013, 09:57
I wish it could have dwindled before 4 pieces of anti-gun legislation passing in Colorado was practically a certainty.

I was planning on moving there in a year to work, and I have spent the last few years building business contacts. It has been like watching my future implode.

Narkcop
02-16-2013, 12:25
A LGS called and left me a message that the S&W Shield in .40 cal that I was on a months long waiting list for had arrived. When I had them retrieve it from the back and one of the owners said it was $559.00 I said "No Thanks". I've bought guns from them for years and they just can't help themselves from gouging even former loyal customers.

CJStudent
02-16-2013, 12:37
A LGS called and left me a message that the S&W Shield in .40 cal that I was on a months long waiting list for had arrived. When I had them retrieve it from the back and one of the owners said it was $559.00 I said "No Thanks". I've bought guns from them for years and they just can't help themselves from gouging even former loyal customers.

It wasn't Shooters in Louisville, was it? They've gone ape-crap lately with the price gouging.

Narkcop
02-16-2013, 12:47
No it was in Lexington just off Nicholasville Rd.

M2 Carbine
02-16-2013, 13:21
The Panic is Subsiding
I don't know about that.
At the LGS this morning. The manager said he finally can get a couple AR's but he has to pay so much for them that he has to put them out for $1,550.

A friend bought the same thing a day before the bottom fell out for $800.

The_Gun_Guru
02-16-2013, 17:02
I don't know about that.
At the LGS this morning. The manager said he finally can get a couple AR's but he has to pay so much for them that he has to put them out for $1,550.

A friend bought the same thing a day before the bottom fell out for $800.

I got my Colt LE6920 about 6 or 7 months ago before all of this craziness for $1183 OTD. I track the gun buying trends with budsgunshop.com and how Draco AK pistols are selling on Gunbroker. 2 months ago I could have sold my mini Draco for probably $2500, I would be lucky to get $1500 now.

TGG

M2 Carbine
02-17-2013, 04:53
2 months ago I could have sold my mini Draco for probably $2500, I would be lucky to get $1500 now.

But $1,500 for a $400 gun is still crazy.

Some time back I started to buy a Draco. As I recall it was $395, or close to that.
I thought, I hardly ever get around to shooting the AK pistol I already have, so I passed.
Later I thought about getting one but the price had gone up about another $100-$150.

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x464/Bell-helicopter-407/AK75rdpistol-1.jpg

sourdough44
02-17-2013, 05:26
I just saw a guy on Armslist advertising his Mossberg 30-06, ATR-100 I think?, for $850. They are NIB on Gunbroker for $330. His does come with a Mossberg scope though. Maybe he's just advertising for fun.

oneuglygun
02-17-2013, 12:13
I'm just glad I was stocked up !! I didn't buy the stuff I have to hoard but glad it worked out. Seeing the prices for all the ammo and firearms people are paying is just plain crazy ! I haven't purchased anything since early December 2012. If prices continue I will not buy anything. Those that are paying triple prices will be sick before this is over. Some of the AR buyers rifles will end up in pawn shops for a lot less ! I have seen S&W ARs sell for $2000 that were $779 in Dec. 2012. DPMS that cost $800 go for $2100. And even now on Bud's for $1300, so stock is already coming back and some prices going down. I was about to purchase a 20 inch heavy barreled AR when this hit. Now I will wait it out or continue to use my 308 or 22-250. On a more positive note, this will help the gun industry and local shops stay in buisness for a few more years !

PhotoFeller
02-17-2013, 12:21

Good for you!! If they don't prize your business and your loyalty, take both to a store that deals with respect.

PhotoFeller
02-17-2013, 12:23
Walmart handgun ammo for sale this morning...zippo. I'm not sure it's ever been this bad.

Erkman28
02-17-2013, 12:31
Same, just left Wally World, zero ammo other than a few shotgun shells

jdavionic
02-17-2013, 12:33
I'm not seeing it. The panic is there, the market is drying up. Magazines, ammo, gun parts...all are now scarce. ASSUMING no legislation changes, I think we're looking at a year or so to recover from the point at which people are confident that no changes to the laws are forthcoming.

The_Gun_Guru
02-17-2013, 13:05
I'm not seeing it. The panic is there, the market is drying up. Magazines, ammo, gun parts...all are now scarce. ASSUMING no legislation changes, I think we're looking at a year or so to recover from the point at which people are confident that no changes to the laws are forthcoming.

Really? I think it's quite obvious that the panic is subsiding. It's NOT over, but it is slowing down.

TGG

Krigloch
02-17-2013, 13:32
No ammo here in Springfield. Havent seen .22lr in a long time.

Giddyupgo55
02-17-2013, 13:45
Went to a gun show this weeken here in Portland OR. and you could'nt prove it to me. Hope things get back to norm soon.

jdavionic
02-17-2013, 14:49
Really? I think it's quite obvious that the panic is subsiding. It's NOT over, but it is slowing down.

TGG

Yes, really. I was at the range last weekend. Absolutely no ARs, AKs, or any other semi-auto rifles. Handguns were approximately 1/3 the quantity vs. pre-panic. Reload supplies...nowhere to be found. AK and AR parts...none. Bulk ammo...none.

Perhaps your location is different. However in NE GA and online at major dealers (Brownells, Midway, etc), I am not seeing anything other than an indication that supplies are dried up and non existent.

Lvs1935
02-17-2013, 14:57
I think it's probably easing up in certain locations here and there. It's hard to notice though. It will be over when I can walk into a store and buy a box of 22's. I still can't frickin believe 22 ammo is this scarce. Glocks are still next to impossible around here. Not much better online either.

CBennett
02-17-2013, 15:00
Same, just left Wally World, zero ammo other than a few shotgun shells

Just left and left behind(cause i didnt need it) .45 ACP,.40S&W,.22LR,AK and .223 ammo was quite a but AK, 2 boxes of .223(tula i think), a bunch of .22lr, quite a bit of .45 ACP, NO 9mm, also a ton of .38 special and .357 magnum stuff also.

JimM_PA
02-17-2013, 15:09
Just left and left behind(cause i didnt need it) .45 ACP,.40S&W,.22LR,AK and .223 ammo was quite a but AK, 2 boxes of .223(tula i think), a bunch of .22lr, quite a bit of .45 ACP, NO 9mm, also a ton of .38 special and .357 magnum stuff also.
May I ask which part of PA? Hopefully, ammo showing up at your location is a good sign.

Ruggles
02-17-2013, 15:30
No doubt it is getting better. PSA had barreled uppers instock both Friday and Saturday. $399, they were instock a few hours each day. Still sucks overall but signs of life!

jdavionic
02-17-2013, 15:39
No doubt it is getting better. PSA had barreled uppers instock both Friday and Saturday. $399, they were instock a few hours each day. Still sucks overall but signs of life!

None in stock today.

CBennett
02-17-2013, 16:06
May I ask which part of PA? Hopefully, ammo showing up at your location is a good sign.

North Central..I tried to take a pic but the camera on my phone is pure garbage even a close up made it look like I took the pic through a spotting scope at a rack of ammo 500 yards away lol....so I ddnt bother posting it :)

Stevekozak
02-17-2013, 16:17
Not seeing ammo here. The Walmart took ALL of their ammo (whatever they had) out of the display case. THey hung a sign that said if you want to buy ammo, you have to ask the clerk about it. I couldnt find a clerk for 20 minutes, so I left. On a side note, the ******** in the paint dept wouldnt sell me a display ladder either. Which has nothing to do with this thread, but does establish that the local Walmart is a ****hole. :)

Ruggles
02-17-2013, 16:37
None in stock today.

Not true

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/m4-premium-16-cmv-chrome-lined-stripped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

:tongueout:

3 Days in a row

jdavionic
02-17-2013, 16:39
Not true

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/m4-premium-16-cmv-chrome-lined-stripped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

:tongueout:

3 Days in a row

Excellent. Good to be wrong. BTW, I have that one and it's nice upper.

mr.scott
02-17-2013, 16:48
Walmart here has a bunch of 30-06 a few boxes of 45 and 40. So it's slightly better, but not good.

Ruggles
02-17-2013, 16:54
Excellent. Good to be wrong. BTW, I have that one and it's nice upper.

I have built ARs using a SS 16" Wylde chamber PSA upper and a 16" Dissipator PSA upper. Both great uppers :)

I have resisted for 3 days buying on of the in stock ones, getting harder each day :rofl:

Ruggles
02-17-2013, 16:54
Walmart here has a bunch of 30-06 a few boxes of 45 and 40. So it's slightly better, but not good.

Ammo shipments to WM are on the rise for sure. Still very very low but on the rise. At least in SE Texas they are.

03scgt
02-17-2013, 17:07
Local store has 4 palmetto AR's sitting on the shelf for 950$ and several ak pistols aswell.Od say the gun run part is mostly over but the ammo will be awhile thanks to DHS

The_Gun_Guru
02-18-2013, 06:25
Yes, really. I was at the range last weekend. Absolutely no ARs, AKs, or any other semi-auto rifles. Handguns were approximately 1/3 the quantity vs. pre-panic. Reload supplies...nowhere to be found. AK and AR parts...none. Bulk ammo...none.

Perhaps your location is different. However in NE GA and online at major dealers (Brownells, Midway, etc), I am not seeing anything other than an indication that supplies are dried up and non existent.

Actually, I am basing this thread on ONLINE sales only, NOT local shops or ranges.

The reason? Because local shops are probably selling all their rifles and ammo ONLINE. Why sell to a local market when you can sell to the entire country?

Just my observation....doesn't mean I'm right:dunno:

TGG