Accidentally pulled trigger while field stripped. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally pulled trigger while field stripped.

Redstate
02-16-2013, 16:09
Yesterday when I was cleaning my field stripped Springfield A-1 Loaded, I accidentally pulled the trigger causing the hammer to fall onto the frame. I have read that this is not a good thing for the frame. I did not observe any peening.
Did I start a potential issue for my Springer?

faawrenchbndr
02-16-2013, 16:11
Most likely not,........just do not make a habit of it.

ArmoryDoc
02-16-2013, 16:40
Agreed.

MD357
02-16-2013, 18:53
Wait till you do it on a LWT frame. Pucker factor of about 9.

gunsmoke92
02-17-2013, 00:05
Consider yourself appropriately scolded. :whistling: Now don't ever do it again. :supergrin:

I don't think you did any damage, just don't make it a habit and you'll be fine.

Soldiernurse
02-17-2013, 06:20
Yesterday when I was cleaning my field stripped Springfield A-1 Loaded, I accidentally pulled the trigger causing the hammer to fall onto the frame. I have read that this is not a good thing for the frame. I did not observe any peening.
Did I start a potential issue for my Springer?
Springer? Jerry Springer? Oh, Springfield. For a second thought I was in the wrong Forum. :rofl:

QNman
02-17-2013, 08:40
Yes. You're Springer is now completely defunk, and will likely now commit random acts of violence, eventually hanging with a group of assault weapons until it is eventually destroyed.

If you'll kindly mail it to me, I will perform the exorcism, disassemble its parts and scatter them to the four corners of the earth for you, free of charge. :supergrin:

Seriously, I've had that happen on my Para "project" gun. No ill has befallen yet.

Redstate
02-17-2013, 09:43
Thanks for the responses so far. Sounds like a common experience to have this happen at least once. I had that "Springer" since about 2004 and this is the first time and hopefully the last time I ever will do this.

kirgi08
02-17-2013, 10:20
Yes. You're Springer is now completely defunk, and will likely now commit random acts of violence, eventually hanging with a group of assault weapons until it is eventually destroyed.

If you'll kindly mail it to me, I will perform the exorcism, disassemble its parts and scatter them to the four corners of the earth for you, free of charge. :supergrin:

:shame: :sad:

Seriously, I've had that happen on my Para "project" gun. No ill has befallen yet.

n00bs.'08. :tongueout:

All jokes aside,This forum has allowed me ta learn about the platform.I carry a 1911.'08.

faawrenchbndr
02-17-2013, 10:32
........This forum has allowed me ta learn about the platform.I carry a 1911.'08.

That's badassness!.........is that even a word? :dunno:

Anyrate, very cool. :cool:

Ruggles
02-17-2013, 10:32
It takes more than that to take a 1911 out of commission, a lot more :)

kirgi08
02-17-2013, 10:59
That's badassness!.........is that even a word? :dunno:

Anyrate, very cool. :cool:

Youse done did invent a w3rd. Congrats.'08. :tongueout: