I wish Ruger, Beretta, S&W, Glock and others would stop selling to NY, etc [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I wish Ruger, Beretta, S&W, Glock and others would stop selling to NY, etc

opto_isolator
02-16-2013, 19:04
I get it they're in business to make money. But if all of the large manufacturers banded together, some of this silliness may go away. Refuse to sell to ANYONE in these states that are coming up with these atrocious magazine bills. That may get them rethinking their bad laws.

Revvv
02-16-2013, 19:06
That would be victory for the anti gun crowd.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

hogship
02-16-2013, 19:18

I was thinking the same thing.

ooc

RonS
02-16-2013, 19:24
Would anything make you rethink your core beliefs? I think it would take more than that, although I sympathize with the thought.

ADK_40GLKr
02-16-2013, 19:25
Wouldn't that be exactly what Junior Cuomo wants?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

ojabog
02-16-2013, 19:31
Stop selling to the LE and state agencies in New York. That would cause quite a stir. Imagine the Troopers protecting Emperor Cuomo carrying Taurus guns, no offense to Taurus.

Scrappy
02-16-2013, 19:34
Well glock only has one model with less then 7 rds anyway.lol

They should refuse the sale to LE. FBI though, that would make a statement!

Sdk8103
02-16-2013, 20:07
Wouldn't that be exactly what Junior Cuomo wants?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

His dad is one of the reasons we moved from NY 19 years ago, and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

ithaca_deerslayer
02-16-2013, 21:50
Well glock only has one model with less then 7 rds anyway.lol

And I want it :)

Boats
02-17-2013, 00:03
The idea of Glock crossing their preferred governmental customers borders on the absurd.

Gaston knows very well from his youth experiences how to "just follow orders," wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

gunsmoke92
02-17-2013, 01:22
Google Olympic Arms and NY. They basically told NY that they won't be doing any business with any city, county, or state agencies, until they rethink their new gun control laws. Maybe the others will follow the little guys lead.

Ruggles
02-17-2013, 02:42
Google Olympic Arms and NY. They basically told NY that they won't be doing any business with any city, county, or state agencies, until they rethink their new gun control laws. Maybe the others will follow the little guys lead.

It seems to me the American owned companies are much more likely to follow Olympic and others doing this already. I doubt the Euro owned companies could care less about the principal of the issue. They have few to no rights in their own country regarding firearms so why would they care about our rights from a moral standpoint like American companies might.

Run&Shoot
02-17-2013, 04:00
As I stated in another thread here, I plan to sell my entire Glock "armory" and buy all new S&W if both companies keep on current trajectories. I will loose a few thousand bucks but this **** has to stop. My vote doesn't seem to count so I'll try using my wallet, before transacting in lead with the bastards.

glock2740
02-17-2013, 07:16

How's that? They should sell or service or provide parts or ammo to their LE agencies. That's how you make a statement IMO.

AtlantaR6
02-17-2013, 07:22
It seems to me the American owned companies are much more likely to follow Olympic and others doing this already. I doubt the Euro owned companies could care less about the principal of the issue. They have few to no rights in their own country regarding firearms so why would they care about our rights from a moral standpoint like American companies might.

Glock has one firearm they can legally sell in NY. Regardless of their political beliefs they have a business to run.

Ruggles
02-17-2013, 10:09
Glock has one firearm they can legally sell in NY. Regardless of their political beliefs they have a business to run.

Oh no doubt, I just don't seem them taking a stand against NY based on a moral issue like some American companies. Simply because they are not an American company.

Redheadhunter21
02-17-2013, 11:42
I wouldn't blame Glock for not changing a thing. There not american based and don't really have a dog in the fight. Now all american gun makers should band together to stop this but, we will see.

Will Beararms
02-17-2013, 11:57
Stop selling to the LE and state agencies in New York. That would cause quite a stir. Imagine the Troopers protecting Emperor Cuomo carrying Taurus guns, no offense to Taurus.

Or Makarovs

Will Beararms
02-17-2013, 12:11

As I stated in another thread here, I plan to sell my entire Glock "armory" and buy all new S&W if both companies keep on current trajectories. I will loose a few thousand bucks but this **** has to stop. My vote doesn't seem to count so I'll try using my wallet, before transacting in lead with the bastards.

Do you really think S&W would stop selling to LEO agencies in Marxist-controlled cities and states? Heck no they won't. All my shotguns and rifles are Remingtons since in the category of hunting, they are excellent. I thought about moving to the M&P but they are inferior to Glock. In did the research interviewing people who actually carry a handgun daily. The stainless slides on the M&P lose finish after about 10 holster presentations and they rust. The trigger reset is spongy. The take down lever design is sketchy and you have to hold it down during reassembly. The service M&P's I saw had pitted rust on the barrel.

I am not knocking any M&P people here. I am sure you have had good results. I know Glocks have issues too but this is a Glock forum. I would never post this reply on the S&W forum.

I laud manufacturers who leave states or make a stand. We on the other hand do not nee to attack firearms companies since this is exactly what our President and Democrats are all about: Divide and Conquer.

I will say this: If we the people are debarred the use of high capacity mags and assault style rifles then Military and Police should be barred from using too. This is why America is different. It's we the people not a select few.

donmor53
02-17-2013, 12:57
As much as I would like to see this happen...this effort would never succeed long term. Someone will always be willing to sell to them...

A boycott of any manufacturer would simply narrow the competition for the hungrier, shorter sighted/politically motivated suppliers.

Capitalism and oportunism...plain and simple.

CAcop
02-17-2013, 13:41
As much as I would like to see this happen...this effort would never succeed long term. Someone will always be willing to sell to them...

A boycott of any manufacturer would simply narrow the competition for the hungrier, shorter sighted/politically motivated suppliers.

Capitalism and oportunism...plain and simple.

Springfield and Sig both sell guns here they do not sell anywhere else because they are grandfathered into the approved list.

Look up 10mm Sig for how it has benefitted some outside CA.