LCP revision [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LCP revision

banger
02-17-2013, 12:01
Does anyone have any photos or web sites that illustrate the reported improvement to the original sights.

I have seen it referenced in several places, but am unable to find a photo.

Personally, I like the LCP but because of the near non-existent sights am seriously considering the S&W BG380 instead.

T.I.A.

ak103k
02-17-2013, 12:17
Something like this?

http://www.arizonashooting.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=115497

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx97/rebok87/guns/lcpclient2.jpg

rilkil23
02-17-2013, 12:22
I'm searching for the same thing. My LCP has been great but I'd like to learn more about the new version without the - in the serial number. Improved trigger and sights makes sense to me.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

banger
02-17-2013, 12:23
Something like this?

http://www.arizonashooting.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=115497

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx97/rebok87/guns/lcpclient2.jpg

Actually, that is after market.

What I am looking for is reported to be from the factory.

That said, Man...that looks GERAT!

I am going to save this post, in case I decide to get it done.

Thanks!

Boot Stomper
02-17-2013, 15:18
I wish Ruger would improve the trigger. IMO too long, too heavy.

ChiefWPD
02-17-2013, 16:56
I'm thinking of having my front sight (on my LCP) shaved off and a shotgun bead put on the piece (saw pics of this modification in the Ruger LCP forum).

Happened to fire my LCP today. Nice little handgun. Very, very reliable. Accurate, if you can focus on that shallow front sight (I use white nail polish on mine. Helps a lot!).

I'd sure like the option to get one with better sights right from the factory.

Oh, for you LCP users. I have the seven round magazine kit (MagGuts I think??). Works like a charm.

ak103k
02-17-2013, 17:20
I really never considered the sights on the LCP to be an issue. For what it is, it works fine, and at the distances where its most likely to be used, I doubt the sights would be. The LCP's point shoot fine out to about 10 yards, and even farther. Even without any sights at all, I doubt you'd have trouble making head shots at that distance. I dont have any trouble doing so with my Seecamps, and they have no sights.

Personally, I think stippling the grip would be a better upgrade than bothering with the sights. It makes grabbing onto and shooting the gun a lot easier.

hogship
02-17-2013, 17:50
Larry Seecamp was honest with himself when he designed his little micro pistol without sights. You just don't need any sights at all on something this small......and, it's a realistic advantage to have a completely snag-free top surface.

Ruger was being smart by adding almost non-existent sights on the LCP. Whoever designed it, knew sights were a joke for something meant to shoot ten feet during an emergency.......but, they were well aware that having sights would mean more sales, whether the purchaser knew his axx from a hole in the ground, or not.

If Ruger is adding yet more prominent sights......it has nothing to do with an actual need, and everything to do with selling little pistols to people who don't know any better.

I guess that's even smarter, because Ruger will be producing what the buying public wants.......not what it needs.......

ooc

FireForged
02-17-2013, 18:45
Heck, I wish they would just put a trench sight on it and be done with it.. I mean come on, its a belly gun not a tack driver.

jdeere_man
02-17-2013, 19:19
I had a LCP and was fairly comfortable with what the sights were for the purpose of the gun. I did paint my front one with bright florescent green model toy paint and likewise the back one in florescent orange. It helped a lot in acquisition if you were to use the sights.

pgg00
02-17-2013, 19:37
I painted the front sight with white out. Replace when it wears out. Was able to qual on the 15 yard off duty course with it. Groups were around 3 inches for the 30 round course.

Hugo R
02-17-2013, 20:54
Amazing, this thread keeps coming up...IT'S A BELLY GUN!!! As it is, I have no problems hitting COM at 15 yards with this little gun, but in reality it's for real up close and personal duty as a BUG.

I suppose some people will insist on using guns like the LCP as primaries but like I've already stated (with the stock sights and trigger) I can easily hit COM (pie plate size) all day long at 15 yards.

Heck, I rarely shoot the little gun with my strong hand, it's meant to be used with my support hand only in case of losing the ability to use my strong hand.

Anyway, it appears that those that want (or need) real sights and a better trigger will eventually find a way to get both, either from aftermarket...or from Ruger.

HR:cool:

ithaca_deerslayer
02-17-2013, 21:46
Larry Seecamp was honest with himself when he designed his little micro pistol without sights. You just don't need any sights at all on something this small......and, it's a realistic advantage to have a completely snag-free top surface.

Ruger was being smart by adding almost non-existent sights on the LCP. Whoever designed it, knew sights were a joke for something meant to shoot ten feet during an emergency.......but, they were well aware that having sights would mean more sales, whether the purchaser knew his axx from a hole in the ground, or not.

If Ruger is adding yet more prominent sights......it has nothing to do with an actual need, and everything to do with selling little pistols to people who don't know any better.

I guess that's even smarter, because Ruger will be producing what the buying public wants.......not what it needs.......

ooc

I agree.

Just point and shoot. Your eyes will be looking over the top of your slide, if even :)

I still like the better sights on larger guns. But the LCP is a pure up close crap has hit the fan gun :)

sourdough44
02-18-2013, 04:05
I go with the 'belly gun' concept.

banger
02-18-2013, 05:25
A Belly Gun....yes...certainly.

However, so is my S&W "J"....Yet due to sufficient sights, it is entirely capable of qualifying on a 25 yard target.

Put the sights on....ignore them if you wish....but without adequate sights, the rest of us do not have the option.

Last thought....what HARM do usable sight present, that they should be omitted from those that want them?

If they were there, it would seem be an easy to file them off if they offend the user.

Certainly easier than having the built up or installed.

Call me silly, but if a target is worthy of using a bullet on...it is worthy of being hit.

M2 Carbine
02-18-2013, 05:57
I go with the 'belly gun' concept.
Since I don't believe there is anything in "The Bad Guy's Rules of Conduct" that says he can not shoot at a citizen from further away then a few yards if the citizen is armed with only a "belly gun", I want to be able to hit the BG at any distance he's shooting at me. In most cases this requires useable gun sights.

ak103k
02-18-2013, 07:10
if the citizen is armed with only a "belly gun",
Right there's the rub.

What is the good guy doing, only carrying a "BUG" as a primary? Certain guns have certain uses, and some of them are very narrow uses, like the LCP and others.

I think a lot of the problem in this respect these days is, a lot of people think that as long as you have "any" gun along, youre covered. If you want to cover more options, you need to carry a realistic gun (or two). Betting your life on just an LCP, Seecamp, or even a J frame, isnt really a very good idea. Their purpose, is simply last ditch insurance for your "real" gun.

ColdSteelNail
02-18-2013, 07:31
LCP sights (or lack thereof) are fine just as they are. This gun is for up close and personal work.

digemup
02-24-2013, 06:02
Ruger.com has the LC380 on the website I believe. Ran across it yesterday surfing around the web. In between the original LCP & the LC9

uncleted327
02-24-2013, 08:02
The LC380 is identical to the LC9 save the caliber and a lighter recoil spring. I can see the usefulness if someone wants a LC9 sized gun but doesn't like the recoil of a 9mm.