New post ban models? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New post ban models?

glock39
02-18-2013, 08:27
The last assault weapons ban resulted in several new single stack pistols being developed. These actually turned out to be good for concealed carry.

If, God forbid, another AWB passes (or if enough states follow N.Y. and pass anti-gun state laws) will new guns be developed in response?

For example, single stack Glocks in all calibers. Or what if someone redesigned the1892 Winchester lever-action to feed modern semi-auto pistol cartridges like 9mm and 45acp? That would bypass all the magazine restrictions and make a nice little home defense carbine.

wcarter4
02-18-2013, 16:36
There are too many members of both houses of congress that will vote against Feinstein's bill for it to have any prayer of passing.

There would be nothing good about it in any case-- $200 tax stamps for all existing "assault weapons" plus sending your pic and fingerprints to BATFE...and the gun has to be turned over to the Government when you die?

Beyond that, she seems to have worded the bill with a desire to ban semi-auto handguns outright and Glocks in particular. If her bill passes, the sale of all Glock handguns are effectively banned--including G26 and 27's because even though the magazines made for those guns technically hold 9 rounds, they can accept the larger ones.

GLOCK19FTW
02-18-2013, 16:48
^^ Assuming the list I read was correct, Glock was not mentioned by name in that ban though..?

I was actually more than surprised by that.

wcarter4
02-18-2013, 18:13
Glock isn't mentioned by name, but it is covered by the ban on any semi-automatic handgun designed to accept magazines with more than a 10 round capacity. Smaller Glocks can all accept magazines of the same type made for larger Glocks, so they can all take "high capacity " magazines.

I have no reason to doubt Feinstein had Glocks among other guns in mind when she wrote that stupid bill, I'm not surprised Glocks weren't specifically named. There's too many people who would yell and demand their Congress reps vote against it if they knew.

Despite how most of us feel, a lot of people wouldn't mind seeing AR-15's and the like banned for civilian ownership (despite the truth about that gun's so-called killing power). A lot of those same people probably wouldn't feel the same way about an across the board ban against one of the best selling brands of handguns period.

GLOCK19FTW
02-18-2013, 18:37
I don't care what her stupid ass bill names or does not name, or the specs that it deems "illegal" or not.

I live in a VERY pro-gun state.

We will not comply with her bull**** laws.

Our state actually introduced a bill recently that names all legal, law-abiding gun owners as part of a state militia, therefore exempting us from any and all restrictions that may or may not pass.

MOLON LABE

samurairabbi
02-18-2013, 18:38
or example, single stack Glocks in all calibers. Or what if someone redesigned the1892 Winchester lever-action to feed modern semi-auto pistol cartridges like 9mm and 45acp? That would bypass all the magazine restrictions and make a nice little home defense carbine.
A modernized Spencer Repeating Carbine might be fun.

Pier23
02-18-2013, 19:32
Our state actually introduced a bill recently that names all legal, law-abiding gun owners as part of a state militia, therefore exempting us from any and all restrictions that may or may not pass.

MOLON LABE

Hmmm...I am a Kentucky Colonel...certificate signed and everything...wonder if THAT is MY out?

glock39
02-18-2013, 23:36
Thankfully, the AWB looks impossible to get passed. However, the Republican Party seems to have an absolutely amazing talent for losing elections that it should easily win. If anybody could manage to lose the 2014 elections, it would be the Republicans. If they lose the majority in the House....

We could also see a bunch of blue states copy N.Y.'s new law. That law doesn't ban Glocks as such, it just outlaws any magazine that holds more than seven rounds. Glock already came out with ten round mags for the last AWB. But how many people are going to want a fat double stack Glock if you can only have seven rounds?

MajorD
02-19-2013, 08:18
I am happy to say I think there are enough red states to keep this crap from passing nationally.
The backlash in ny has been epic- not just from gun owners but also policies announced and in writing from nearly all upstate counties that basically told our governor to go pound rocks.
The ny state sheriffs association came out in opposition as well as my county legislature.
Nothing would be better than seeing our governor crash and burn

GLOCK19FTW
02-19-2013, 08:42
Hmmm...I am a Kentucky Colonel...certificate signed and everything...wonder if THAT is MY out?
What ya mean?

Joe H
02-19-2013, 09:22

MOLON LABE

It appears that our AG feels differently.
http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2013/02/enter-scag-federal-legal-whore-for.html

"In an opinion requested by Kershaw County Sheriff Jim Matthews, SC Attorney General Allan Wilson suggest that if federal gun confiscation was ordered that neither state law nor state law officials may interfere or otherwise impede federal law enforcement officers as they perform their lawful duties. Sighting (sic) many examples of case-law (incremental social engineering by the use of precedent to move public policy) Wilson makes the case for federal supremacy, when and if the federal government should choose to enforce, whatever law that is passed. The seven page opinion was prompted when concerned residents asked the sheriff if he would take their guns if federal law required it. ďA lot of sheriffs want to be able to fall back on what the AG says on what we lawfully have to do or donít have to do,Ē Matthews said in a State paper interview. The report also states Matthews said itís pretty clear that sheriffs do not enforce federal laws, and he doesnít believe that he can stop federal agents from coming into his county to enforce them. With this opinion by the SCAG, state law enforcement will not stand in the way of gun confiscation."

GLOCK19FTW
02-19-2013, 09:41
Hm.. well either way the legislature WAS introduced.. didn't say it was going to pass, just that it was introduced.

lol regardless though, this is a pretty pro-gun state.

KevinFACE
02-19-2013, 09:49
It appears that our AG feels differently.
http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2013/02/enter-scag-federal-legal-whore-for.html

"In an opinion requested by Kershaw County Sheriff Jim Matthews, SC Attorney General Allan Wilson suggest that if federal gun confiscation was ordered that neither state law nor state law officials may interfere or otherwise impede federal law enforcement officers as they perform their lawful duties. Sighting (sic) many examples of case-law (incremental social engineering by the use of precedent to move public policy) Wilson makes the case for federal supremacy, when and if the federal government should choose to enforce, whatever law that is passed. The seven page opinion was prompted when concerned residents asked the sheriff if he would take their guns if federal law required it. ďA lot of sheriffs want to be able to fall back on what the AG says on what we lawfully have to do or donít have to do,Ē Matthews said in a State paper interview. The report also states Matthews said itís pretty clear that sheriffs do not enforce federal laws, and he doesnít believe that he can stop federal agents from coming into his county to enforce them. With this opinion by the SCAG, state law enforcement will not stand in the way of gun confiscation."

And this is why we have the 2nd amendment, for when our GOVERNMENT FAILS US.

Pier23
02-19-2013, 09:58
What ya mean?

About the Ky Colonel being a way out of a weapons ban? Nothing...Kentucky Colonels used to be honorary state militia role, they have no purpose now and are given out for the asking.

Now...Admiral of the Ky Rivers...THAT is much harder to scrounge.

GLOCK19FTW
02-19-2013, 10:04
ohh.

I've never served so I dunno what any of that stuff means, lol that's why I was wondering what you meant by that part :)