Limp wrist malfunctions with polymer pistols [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Limp wrist malfunctions with polymer pistols

Sturmgewehre
02-18-2013, 11:12
Limp Wristing Glock Pistols - YouTube

hoghunter82
02-18-2013, 20:07
Love your videos. Very well done. What's your thought on the brass to face issues and Glock 9mm. Do you think this is simply a limp wrist issue or something inherently wrong with late model Gen 3 and Gen 4 guns?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

NEOH212
02-19-2013, 02:48
Limp wrist malfunctions

I wonder what San Fransisco PD does about these?

Carry revolvers? :whistling:

Sturmgewehre
02-19-2013, 10:16
Love your videos. Very well done. What's your thought on the brass to face issues and Glock 9mm. Do you think this is simply a limp wrist issue or something inherently wrong with late model Gen 3 and Gen 4 guns?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

I've never had a problem with any of my Glocks hitting me in the face with brass so I've not had an opportunity to diagnose the issue or to form an opinion.

skeeter7
02-20-2013, 00:27
Another great video as usual. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

elliotb33
02-20-2013, 00:51
It's the gun fault if you are a ***** and limp wrist? I think not.
Idea just don't limp wrist and you'll be fine. : 0

Haldor
02-20-2013, 07:45
Limp wristing is the product of the following:

Grip technique
Grip strength.
Weight of the gun.
Size of the grip.

Decrease any of these and limp wristing becomes more likely. I have never had a problem limp wristing any of my pistols and I shoot a Glock G26 and a Keltec PF9 (the limp wristing champion of the world).

I saw limp wristing in action one day at the range. This was not long after I got my PF9 and the 3 guys at the lane next to mine were interested in it (it was still relatively new and rare). I let them shoot it. 2 of the 3 guys had FTE stoppages on every round they fired. The 3rd guy had no problem. I shot another 50 rounds through it with the same ammo, same mag without a problem.

Turns out the 2 guys who had problems were newbie shooters. The 3rd guy was an experienced shooter. I am sure the 2 guys who had problems have a bad memory of that POS Keltec. I have about 1200 rounds through my PF9 and have never experienced a failure of any kind.

A lot of people have never been properly taught how to hold a pistol. My 9 mm Glocks (3rd gen G26, 3rd gen G19 and 4th gen G17) all eject rounds properly to the right (not at my face or on top of my head). Funny thing is none of the people I have taught to shoot have any problems with this either. I guess it must just be luck.