Beretta PX4? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Beretta PX4?

attrapereves
02-18-2013, 20:01
Does anyone own a Beretta PX4 in 9mm? I read about them a few years ago, but haven't heard about them in a while. I'm considering another polymer pistol, and wasn't impressed with the M&P9 accuracy. I like the feel of the PX4, but can't find one locally to rent and shoot.

How do you like it? Any problems?

bac1023
02-18-2013, 20:02
I have one in 40S&W and I feel its one of the best polymer pistols on the market.

TJ Superfly
02-18-2013, 20:06
I have one. I've never had any issus with mine. Little different than a Glock. It has a hammer and a thumb safety. Shoots nice in my opinion.

ctfireman
02-18-2013, 20:25
It's an awesome pistol.

Boats
02-18-2013, 20:48
Mine is my favorite pistol.

PVolk
02-18-2013, 21:26
I rented one chambered in .40 a couple years ago. I really liked it. It held well in my hand and shot nicely too. It's size and shape seemed like it would make for a good carry gun. My only complaint was the long and heavy trigger pull.

I'm not sure why the PX4 isn't more popular.

HKLovingIT
02-18-2013, 21:35
Do they take the same mags as 92 series?

ronin.45
02-18-2013, 21:36
My second favorite poly gun after Glock. I really like them.

KK40384
02-18-2013, 21:36
Do they take the same mags as 92 series?

No

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

ratf51
02-18-2013, 21:39
Just after Christmas I got my daughter the PX4 Compact in 9mm. Very nice. She is happy with it, I am elated that she is happy with it. I like it, too. When I add a 9mm to my handguns it'll be a full size PX4. So far, no problems. It is a DA/SA, the double action pull is long, but aren't they all? I have never come across a short double action trigger pull. The DA is smooth, the single action has a nice clean break. All in all I am happy with the trigger out of the box. You will not go wrong with a PX4.

RGbiker
02-18-2013, 23:14
I have a Beretta PX4 Storm subcompact, DA/SA 9mm, 13+1.

Out of the box, then cleaned and lubed, no FTF, FTE or light primer strikes. SA trigger action is a smooth 4lbs.

Compared to my two recently departed Kahr handguns, the PX4 Storm is a joy to shoot.

attrapereves
02-18-2013, 23:31
I have a Beretta PX4 Storm subcompact, DA/SA 9mm, 13+1.

Out of the box, then cleaned and lubed, no FTF, FTE or light primer strikes. SA trigger action is a smooth 4lbs.

Compared to my two recently departed Kahr handguns, the PX4 Storm is a joy to shoot.

I used to own a Kahr CW9. I only had a few problems with it during the break in. I sold it because I just never warmed up to it. I disliked how hard it was to rack the slide, why Kahr designs their pistols to only chamber using the slide release, and the cheap quality mags.

I was originally considering a CZ P-07 before looking at the PX4 series, but didn't really care for the way the pistol felt. Something about it just felt unfinished...

M2 Carbine
02-18-2013, 23:49
I have one in 40S&W and I feel its one of the best polymer pistols on the market.
I agree.

Right after I shot a friend's 40 PX4 I bought the full size and sub compact in 9mm.

A number of people have shot mine, including women. All liked it. Some bought their own.
A lady friend was shooting hers on my range yesterday. And she was letting other ladies shoot the gun, who also liked it.

For being a fairly big gun the ladies do well with it.

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x464/Bell-helicopter-407/PX4anssubcompact.jpg

attrapereves
02-19-2013, 09:55
Has anyone installed the low profile safety and slide release on their PX4? I'm curious to see what they look like installed.

Paul7
02-19-2013, 10:05
It is a great gun, soft-shooting and accurate, slide is easy to rack. I did have a few FTEs the other day at the range when I fired some .380s through it by accident, oops.

bunk22
02-19-2013, 19:12
I had a PX4 Storm subcompact in 9mm, great gun. I sold it to fun another PX4 Storm but a full sized 45 ACP version. My subcompact was flawless, never an issue.

carbon_15
02-20-2013, 06:04
My second favorite poly gun after Glock. I really like them.

what he said....

sfguard
02-20-2013, 20:43
they are awesome pistols

sidebite252
02-24-2013, 20:21
Since I haven't yet aquired the Glock I'm wanting I decided to purchase a PX4 Storm 9mm (F), Found it at a local retailer. Fired 50 rounds of 115 grs today and I'm thrilled. I figured I'd sale this after I get a Glock but this gun isn't going any where. It's a keeper.

attrapereves
03-11-2013, 19:19
Just wanted to update this post. I purchased both a 45ACP and 9mm full size models and love them. I have fired a total of 100 rounds out of each model so far and have had zero issues. Although I still love my Glocks, these two Berettas are easily my second favs.

They are really underrated and I highly recommend them.

WayneJessie
03-11-2013, 20:02
I think the styling takes some people back. I've seen a few PX4 models that had no safety or hammer. I have not shot one though.

bigchuck83
03-11-2013, 20:24
great guns, only real complaint after owning the tpye D in .40 was the slide release lever was a bit wide. I'd agree with Bac it is one of the best polymer pistols on the market.

typeiiivw
03-11-2013, 20:59
Best poly gun you can buy. I love Glocks and have owned several. This Beretta beats them all from design and function. I would not sell my Glocks, but the PX4 is what I shoot most.

attrapereves
03-11-2013, 21:03
great guns, only real complaint after owning the tpye D in .40 was the slide release lever was a bit wide. I'd agree with Bac it is one of the best polymer pistols on the market.

Yeah, I do find the slide release and safeties wide. However, Beretta does make a stealth kit which makes everything much slimmer.

moeman
03-11-2013, 21:16
I have one in 9mm and it's my favorite poly gun> XDs I own and Glocks I shoot.

Don't overlook the Stoeger Cougar--same rotating barrel Beretta design, uses Beretta tooling, reduced price due to Turkish manufacture (they make fine guns), alloy not poly and way cheaper. I have a Beretta Cougar and like it as good or better than the PX4

attrapereves
03-11-2013, 23:06
I have one in 9mm and it's my favorite poly gun> XDs I own and Glocks I shoot.

Don't overlook the Stoeger Cougar--same rotating barrel Beretta design, uses Beretta tooling, reduced price due to Turkish manufacture (they make fine guns), alloy not poly and way cheaper. I have a Beretta Cougar and like it as good or better than the PX4

Any ideas if holsters for the Beretta Cougar will fit the Stoeger model?

How does it compare in size to a Glock 17 or 19, or the full size PX4s?

moeman
03-11-2013, 23:19
Any ideas if holsters for the Beretta Cougar will fit the Stoeger model?

How does it compare in size to a Glock 17 or 19, or the full size PX4s?

Same gun...different factory. Cougars came in sizes most popular 4". I think Stoger only makes the 4". Really good gun, one of my most accurate. NATO rated.

poodleplumber
03-12-2013, 14:22
I don't know how I missed this thread earlier, but my daughter has a compact 9 mm. (It was her daddy's present to her for her college graduation.) Very impressive pistol, with good fit and finish, excellent accuracy, and very little perceived recoil. My daughter has declared it to be her favorite pistol among all the center fires she has ever fired. It might be the easiest to shoot well that I have ever picked up, as well. High quality at a moderate price makes it an excellent value.

donovan655
03-14-2013, 05:10
I've got 4 full size PX4. They have all been outstanding pistols. Right from the box, every one of them have performed great. I have a 9mm in plain black that has been through hell and back and it keeps running.

I've gone back to carrying the PX4 from carrying the G19. I seem to be more accurate with it and other reasons. It is a surprisingly easy full size gun to conceal. Holster selection isn't terrible.

03scgt
03-14-2013, 15:48
My buddy bought one the same time I bought my g27 and we shot them the same day.It would consistently hang up on the 3-4th shot of the magazines.I liked the feel of the grip but from that experience with it I've stayed away from buying one

jim goose
03-14-2013, 18:43
It seems Beretta gets a bad rap from all the ex military personal that are confined to using it. Gun stores seem to talk people out of them too, re sale value etc..But from holding most models I can honestly say they feel great in the hand, especially the .45. It's high on my list, just need to shoot one now, but from the other feedback, I don't think I will be disapointed.

ithaca_deerslayer
03-14-2013, 19:44
It is a great gun, soft-shooting and accurate, slide is easy to rack. I did have a few FTEs the other day at the range when I fired some .380s through it by accident, oops.

I KNEW it couldn't be as reliable as a 92!

Looks like a cool gun. My wife thought about the compact at one point, so we were close to getting one.