Kahr CM9/40 Obsession? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kahr CM9/40 Obsession?

sioux565
02-18-2013, 22:34
For some reason, I have an obsession with the Kahr CM9. A few months back I had my next gun narrowed down to either the PPS or CM9. My plan was that either of these guns would replace my Glock 27 as my EDC. I ended up going with the PPS, but am thinking of selling the PPS and I just couldn't get myself to like it.

I haven't stopped thinking about the CM9 since. With summer coming up, the CM9 could be a perfect gun to suit my needs while being dressed down for the warmer temperatures. I have handled a CW9 before and liked it, just big for what I wanted. I really liked the long, smooth trigger and the grip fit my hand well. I also liked the stock sights.

Does anyone think it would be foolish for me to sell my PPS and get a CW9 or CW40 to replace it? Is it even more foolish for me to think that the CW9/40 could replace my G27?

G23c
02-18-2013, 22:41
go get one, but dont sell the PPS. looking at the .40 too.

sioux565
02-18-2013, 22:58
go get one, but dont sell the PPS. looking at the .40 too.

The PPS 40 or CM40?

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

SDGlock23
02-19-2013, 09:57
I don't. I had a PPS .40 and sold it. It was alright, but given the choice I'd take my CM40 any day. I had the CM9 too and it was awesome, I just went with the CM40 because I mostly shoot .40

The CM9/40 is quite a bit smaller than the G27. Height wise they're almost identical, but the Cm9/40 is shorter (back to front) and thinner than the G27. I love the G27, and I had to choose between a CM40 and a G27. What I wanted was something small and something I could pocket carry, so I went with the CM40. Plus it's less expensive.

sioux565
02-19-2013, 10:49
I don't. I had a PPS .40 and sold it. It was alright, but given the choice I'd take my CM40 any day. I had the CM9 too and it was awesome, I just went with the CM40 because I mostly shoot .40

The CM9/40 is quite a bit smaller than the G27. Height wise they're almost identical, but the Cm9/40 is shorter (back to front) and thinner than the G27. I love the G27, and I had to choose between a CM40 and a G27. What I wanted was something small and something I could pocket carry, so I went with the CM40. Plus it's less expensive.

Thanks for your input. I'm mainly looking for something bigger than my LCP, but smaller than the PPS and G27. The CM definitely fits the bill.

wk9k
02-19-2013, 11:17
For some reason, I have an obsession with the Kahr CM9. A few months back I had my next gun narrowed down to either the PPS or CM9. My plan was that either of these guns would replace my Glock 27 as my EDC. I ended up going with the PPS, but am thinking of selling the PPS and I just couldn't get myself to like it.

I haven't stopped thinking about the CM9 since. With summer coming up, the CM9 could be a perfect gun to suit my needs while being dressed down for the warmer temperatures. I have handled a CW9 before and liked it, just big for what I wanted. I really liked the long, smooth trigger and the grip fit my hand well. I also liked the stock sights.

Does anyone think it would be foolish for me to sell my PPS and get a CW9 or CW40 to replace it? Is it even more foolish for me to think that the CW9/40 could replace my G27?

Why are you talking about selling the PPS for the CW9 when you said you cant stop thinking about the CM9? I have a cm9 and I take it w/ me instead of the G26, which ive been carrying for a long time. When I have my sights set on something I really like, I gotta get it eventually. I would go on the walther forums and put the PPS up for sale to fund the Kahr you want. That is unless u have the money to keep the PPS and just go buy the Kahr. I think the PPS would be a real winner if it were the size dimensions of the CM9..

sioux565
02-19-2013, 11:42
Why are you talking about selling the PPS for the CW9 when you said you cant stop thinking about the CM9? I have a cm9 and I take it w/ me instead of the G26, which ive been carrying for a long time. When I have my sights set on something I really like, I gotta get it eventually. I would go on the walther forums and put the PPS up for sale to fund the Kahr you want. That is unless u have the money to keep the PPS and just go buy the Kahr. I think the PPS would be a real winner if it were the size dimensions of the CM9..

Whoops. Meant to say CM9. I wouldn't mind the CM40 either.

FLglockdude
02-19-2013, 11:48
I really like my CM9, its a great gun and it's my EDC. Personally I would go with the 9mm over the .40. I think the recoil would make it unpleasant to shoot.

Sent from my Obama phone.

4 glocks
02-19-2013, 12:33
I have a LCP, CM9, and G26.

In the winter I carry the G26. In the summer with just shorts I carry the LCP. Nothing wrong with the CM9, I keep it locked in the safe. It's just easyer to grap the G26 or LCP.
It's hard to beat the LCP for a light pocket gun.

ESAFO
02-19-2013, 14:43
i have a CM9 that i use as my EDC & love the ease of placement anywhere you want to put it.
it shoots great & has given me no problems at all, i had it at the range just last week & was amazed at the accuracy even at 50ft.
for alittle gun it sure does pack a nice punch, the ext mags are great for range use also.

up1911fan
02-19-2013, 15:00
I say get it. Here's my CM9 with some carry options for it. Smartcarry, Kramer Pocket Holster, TUFF Pocket Holster, Alessi Ankle Holster.
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k558/up1911fan/cm9_zps81840437.jpg

jdeere_man
02-19-2013, 15:33
I mainly use a g26.

I also had a LCP, but recently sold it (never hardly used it) and bought a PM9. I like the PM9 a lot more than the LCP, but it won't replace the Glock for primary. It will get used more as a secondary choice than the LCP did though.

hsprincipal
02-19-2013, 20:35
I would definitely keep the PPS... I have one in 9mm and the CW9. I also would like to buy a CM9 but wouldn't sell my PPS for one....

Xperimental
02-24-2013, 01:03
For some reason, I have an obsession with the Kahr CM9. . .

You and I share an obsession. :cool: I have a CM9 on layaway. My intent is to not replace the G26 as the EDC but to have the Kahr as my secondary/pocket carry. I can't really explain what's my attraction to the gun other than it just fits to my taste. I don't see it as a replacement but more so a complement to my Glock.

skeeter7
02-24-2013, 06:51
I just bought the CM40 to replace the Bodyguard 380 as my pocket carry/BUG. I was always weary of the .380 round and I just want to delete out of my collection. I pick the gun up next Saturday due to the waiting period.

deputy tom
02-24-2013, 15:00
I've always wanted a G26 but never bought one. I do have a CW9 and a CM9. The CW9 is about perfect on a belt while the CM9 is my pocket pistol. As far as the PPS only you can make that decission. Good luck. tom.:cool: