Mosin Nagant Pistol Grip [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mosin Nagant Pistol Grip

savage1r
02-19-2013, 13:51
Ok, before I get any comments! Nameless, not rare, you may not like it but I do. That being said, my original plan was to purchase a Boyd's thumbhole stock ($100+) and go in that direction. I happened to be looking around Ebay and found this nugget for $26 +S/H. I figured I was already going to trash or GB the original stock, so I figured I'd give it a shot and see if it was a POS or something worthwhile. Turns out, it works, and I'll be damned if it doesn't make the mosin easier, more comfortable and fun to shoot! Check it out.

VIDEO LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8SU1GAN-QU)

cesaros
02-19-2013, 13:58
I like it. If it works, no reason for anyone to hate.

I think of the mosin like I do a ruger 10/22...so many options!

savage1r
02-19-2013, 14:00
You would not believe the droves of Fudds who get on my back about altering mosins.

cesaros
02-19-2013, 14:02
You would not believe the droves of Fudds who get on my back about altering mosins.

Its not like its a super rare weapon...they are battle rifles, meant to be altered and played with...why own a $100 rifle if you can't have fun with it!

Besides, if you mess one up, there are millions of other Mosin's to choose from :rofl:

savage1r
02-19-2013, 14:08
My point exactly. It's amazing how many Fudds believe everyone else's rifles belong to them and how the owners should ONLY do to their rifles what the Fudd's believe is proper.

m2hmghb
02-19-2013, 15:11
Just FYI at one time those 800 dollar surplus rifles were 14.95. Some of the fudds kick themselves over it, so they warn other people. The only problem is certain people see what they're saying and use it just to be jerks.

m2hmghb
02-19-2013, 15:15
By the way the placement of the screw could cause a weak point there. Keep your eye out for cracks and handle them ASAP. The receiver heel puts recoil into that area everytime you fire.

savage1r
02-19-2013, 15:29
Seeing as I was already planning on putting a thumb hole stock on it, if it cracks, I'll just order one from Boyds.

HKLovingIT
02-19-2013, 16:01
Looks like fun.

RHVEtte
02-19-2013, 21:47
Just FYI at one time those 800 dollar surplus rifles were 14.95. Some of the fudds kick themselves over it, so they warn other people. The only problem is certain people see what they're saying and use it just to be jerks.

Pretty much my opinion on it is as follows: if it's in good collectible condition (doesn't have to be immaculate, just pretty pristine) I'd leave it alone. There's plenty of write-offs already in existence and there won't be any more good originals. Hence why I didn't feel bad inletting my K98k Mauser stock to accept a scope mount. It had no recoverable marks or collector's value. If I want an "original style" stock, I can always buy a new one.

gnepig
02-19-2013, 22:03
I like it, also like the cool rear site. Where can I get one of each... Would also like a cool flash hider, anyone know were to get one of those too?
Where did you get the but pad installed?

vafish
02-20-2013, 06:00
Its not like its a super rare weapon...they are battle rifles, meant to be altered and played with...why own a $100 rifle if you can't have fun with it!

Besides, if you mess one up, there are millions of other Mosin's to choose from :rofl:

That's what people said 40 years ago about mausers and Springfields.

Oh well the more you guys bubba up the rarer (and more valuable) my originals become.

Viva le dremel!

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.

cesaros
02-20-2013, 06:11
That's what people said 40 years ago about mausers and Springfields.

Oh well the more you guys bubba up the rarer (and more valuable) my originals become.

Viva le dremel!

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.

you're right...god forbid the 17.5million Mosin Nagant surplus dries up (not including the chinese copies) :rofl:

LSUAdman
02-20-2013, 11:24
Interesting. I own two stock Mosins (91/30 and an M44). I recently started to get the bug to pick up another beater 91/30.

I'd cut the barrel to 17", get one of those monte carlo stocks, replace the stock with a little red dot, and then re-blue all the metal (obviously not in that order). I think it would make a fun, unique little scout rifle.

Texas357
02-20-2013, 12:39
I wonder how much of a discount a bubbafied mosin would be worth? I'd be more tempted to modify one if someone else had already "ruined" it ahead of me.

Nakanokalronin
02-21-2013, 01:04
I'm more interested in the new Promag stock with magazine. If the thing actually works, it will make a great rifle into something more comfortable and user adjustable...oh...and a detachable magazine! Only problem is that it's a Promag.

http://gunmart.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/archangel-mosin-nagant-stock.png

You went the much cheaper route so congrats on that. :cool: