Need some advice on a new lube: Froglube or Slip 2000 or FP-10 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice on a new lube: Froglube or Slip 2000 or FP-10

JJP161
02-19-2013, 20:33
Hey everyone I am thinking of trying a new lube. Have been using Gunslick Ultra Lube that few years. So anyways have been looking at either Froglube or Slip 2000 or SC FP-10. I want a lube that will hold up to lots of abuse and I like the idea of much easier cleaning. That is what sounds good about Froglube and Slip 2000. Will be primarily used on my duty weapons a Glock 22, 27 and a M4. So please share any first hand experience you have with any or all. Thank-you very much.

Joe

WoodenPlank
02-19-2013, 20:37
I use SLIP 2000 on my AR15s bolt groups and the springs of all of my pistols. Slide rails on pistols, and AR-15 recoil springs get Milcomm TW-25b grease.

Southpaw69
02-19-2013, 23:06
I've used FP-10 for years now and really like it. just takes a tiny bit to work its magic.

vafish
02-20-2013, 05:50
Mobile 1 synthetic. For the cost of a 2oz tube of the others you can get a quart of mobile 1.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.

Shark1007
02-20-2013, 22:48
I like the froglube and use it on everything. It does seem to seep into the pores of the metal, the barrel looks wet on slide lock back at a range session. Clean up is a breeze, smells good, etc.

I heat the weapon with hair dryer, brush gobs of the stuff on with toothbrush, let it cool, wipe excess. Guns actually seem to rack smoother as time passes and after a few treatments.

I have no experience with the other two. If I were still on the job, I'd use froglube.

WayneJessie
02-21-2013, 01:01
Most people that use the FrogLube swear by it. I have never used it though. I have enough Militec-1 to last me for years. It's worked just fine for me so I will just use up my supply. No matter what you use someone is going to say they heard the stuff you use will eat through stainless steel and cause your gun to melt into a pile of radioactive goo. You may just want to tune it out.:yawn:

JJP161
02-23-2013, 00:26
Thank you everyone for the great input. That is exactly what I was looking for. I think I will pick up some froglube and FP-10 at the local gun store and give them a try side by side. I have been using gunslick for years and had always been happy with it but recently it seems the ultra lube has been burning off rather quickly, especially on my M4 and leaving it pretty dry. I could be mistakenly but I have not been able to get a temperature operating range on it and I contacted gunslick to ask them and did not receive a response. I will keep you all posted.

Also great point WayneJessie, I have heard that one before and will be certain to take it with a grain of salt. Thanks again,

Joe

pat701
02-23-2013, 10:37
How about this one, a quart of Mobil 5w/30 and one pint ATF. Google it if you think i jest. Great stuff, that is a life time of lube for $8.00:cool:

The Retired Sarge
02-23-2013, 12:57
Weapon Shield. It is the evolution of FP-10 devised by George Fennel. The only product that has touched my guns for cleaning, oiling, and protection for the past 7 years has been Weapon Shield. I am extremely pleased and even my SIG pistols show almost no wear. Nice thing about Weapon Shield is no heating or rituals. Just put it on and it works. Bill

Warp
02-23-2013, 13:07
Which one you pick probably doesn't matter and probably there won't be much, if any, practical difference between them.

I like FrogLube paste. It works. My rifles run slick as snot and smooth as silk on it. It smells nice. It's non toxic. And most importantly, to me, even though it's an oil it can be applied in quantity without running. So on an AR for example I can liberally lube the BCG, like I prefer, and I won't have lube running down the gun or anything annoying like that.

Jason D
02-23-2013, 18:02
I learned long ago not to fall for the super new wonder lubes.
I tend to stick with what works. FP10 and the various CLP's by Breakfree.