Dillon Order Snafu or let it ride? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dillon Order Snafu or let it ride?

Rock Hound
02-20-2013, 00:49
I placed my order Jan 19, 2013 knowing full well the state of affairs would be getting worse if I waited any longer. My 550 showed up about 3 weeks later. Not too bad considering I was ready to wait 4-6 weeks. However upon inspection I noticed the 45 ACP die set I order was not present. I sent an email noting my situation. Didnt hear back so I purchased "from another source" a 10/40 die set and caliber conversion figuring it would show up soon enough. With those 10/40 parts in hand I decided I would assemble my machine now. After laying the parts out I now see I am missing the 45 ACP caliber conversion kit as well that my machine should have came with too. Are these components being shipped separately due to the back log? Im confused and havent had any response from Dillon regarding my original concern regarding the die set not being shipped. Now I realize I dont have the caliber conversion kit either. Im gonna send another email but I have no idea if they even received the first email I sent. How should I proceed? Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Any similar experiences? I'd love to hear about it?!

ArmoryDoc
02-20-2013, 01:16
Call them. They are a very standup company and will do you right. I will own no other press.

Rock Hound
02-20-2013, 01:18
Call them. They are a very standup company and will do you right. I will own no other press.

Busy signal likely 30 times by this point. Calling doesnt seem to be an option.

Rock Hound
02-20-2013, 01:24
Everything I hear about DPs customer service is all good. That was a big part of my decision investing in Dillon Products. I just dont even really know if there is even a problem and they did indeed not make it into my shipment as they should have or if they are coming separate and just havent shipped them out yet. My packing slip didnt have any details.

nbkky71
02-22-2013, 09:42
Silly question, but you did order the 550 with the caliber conversion kit, right? Dillon does offer the 550B without a caliber conversion for about $50 cheaper.

If you did order the conversion, then it should be listed on the printed receipt that comes in the box. Email is likely the best option to reach them at this point. Their customer service is top-notch

MLittle
02-22-2013, 10:12
Don't worry........just call them. Dillon folks are some of the best to work with if you have questions/issues with any stuff you get from them. Like everyone else in the firearms "world", they are probably overcome with the demand and order/call volume. Things will calm down eventually......

m2hmghb
02-22-2013, 10:43
You can send them an email as well. They're good people to deal with. I've had issues with the primer feed tubes in the past and they sorted it out asap.

Rock Hound
02-22-2013, 11:55
The caliber conversion showed up yesterday! Im not concerned at this point as its obviously a matter of the backlog. Dang this blue press is the shizznit!

ArmoryDoc
02-22-2013, 11:58
Great setup and great company. :)

Rock Hound
02-22-2013, 12:02
Now I just need my dies!