The 7 Month Wait is Finally Over!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The 7 Month Wait is Finally Over!!!

zackwatt
02-20-2013, 16:13
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/7528/1zw0846.jpg

:supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

Joshhtn
02-20-2013, 16:13
VERY nice!! Congrats!!

bac1023
02-20-2013, 19:19
Very nice Zack :cool:

ctfireman
02-20-2013, 19:47
Sweet!

Cole125
02-20-2013, 21:10
Congrats!!! :cool:

ZombieJoe
02-20-2013, 22:57
Very nice!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Nakanokalronin
02-20-2013, 23:41
Congrats! :cool:

skeeter7
02-21-2013, 02:16
Congrats! :thumbsup:

Wolfdad
02-21-2013, 02:26
Very nice! :cool:

Rinspeed
02-21-2013, 06:33
Very cool Zack.

md2lgyk
02-21-2013, 07:04
Sorry, I don't see the attraction of suppressors. They're legal here, and my local LGS even stocks a few, but I'd never buy one.

eracer
02-21-2013, 07:07
Sorry, I don't see the attraction of suppressors. They're legal here, and my local LGS even stocks a few, but I'd never buy one.
I like them because they make my guns quieter.

Glockdude1
02-21-2013, 07:11
:thumbsup:

RYNOCG201
02-21-2013, 07:24
Very cool!

G-34
02-21-2013, 07:27
have a class 3 item or something you have to have a infringment stamp for (tax stamp)

and if SHTF they come to your door FIRST, thats why i wont ever own one:steamed:

ETA, very nice tho!

Pier23
02-21-2013, 07:32
Was the 7 month wait to get the approval for the suppressor, or something else?

Nakanokalronin
02-21-2013, 09:43

IMO, they're essential on HD firearms. Anything shot in the house can deafen you and make you disoriented. Outside, they can make it quieter at a range so surrounding areas don't hear a bunch of gunshots and you can actually talk to those around you. Some countries have them sitting on shelves with everything else and can be bought just like any other accessory without paperwork or stamps. Here, movies and stupidity have made politicians think they're scary and dangerous like everything else.

WayneJessie
02-21-2013, 10:48
That will make a fine hog-farm poaching weapon. You can really bring home the bacon without anyone being the wiser with that rig.:whistling:

CigarandScotch
02-21-2013, 13:31
I always wanted one for a .22 pistol, for squirrel control in the yard.

wdp
02-21-2013, 13:35
Put a forward mounted pistol grip on that thing and Diane Feinstein will say illegal.

GLOCK19FTW
02-21-2013, 13:44
I want one in case I ever have to fire indoors (burglar breaks in one night, etc)

I think my eardrums would eventually be ok, but I'm worried that my pup would be deaf for the rest of her life.

Until you can own them without having to jump thru all these hoops & pay tax stamps.. I won't have one :(

Nakanokalronin
02-21-2013, 14:00
I want one in case I ever have to fire indoors (burglar breaks in one night, etc)

I think my eardrums would eventually be ok, but I'm worried that my pup would be deaf for the rest of her life.

Until you can own them without having to jump thru all these hoops & pay tax stamps.. I won't have one :(

I doubt that will ever happen. They're getting money for nothing which is all any ban or regulation is about....well, that and elections.

zackwatt
02-21-2013, 18:02
Thanks guys! This thing is so quiet it's unreal, and I haven't even shot it wet yet!

Shoot one some time, it's an entirely different experience. Especially on a .45...

Was the 7 month wait to get the approval for the suppressor, or something else?

Yea, it took that long for the BATF to say..."Yes, you can have it".

Keoking
02-21-2013, 18:42

I know, right!! In Rainbow Six, you have to shoot a dude twice as many times with a silencer. Apparently if you make the bullet quieter, it slows down a lot and doesn't hurt as much. :supergrin:

FH Alum
02-21-2013, 18:45
Be careful, they are like potato chips: just one won't do it.

I can't express how great it is to be able to be in the field and not have to hassle with hearing protection. Muffs/plugs at the range are fine, in the field they suck when you are trying to hear something. This is why bow hunting rocks.

My favorite round to "suppress" is .17 HMR, the hypersonic crack is far from silent but that is down range. For the shooter the rifle is hearing safe and this is the true purpose.

I'm trying to decide on my next one now. Thinking a .45 can on a Ruger .44 mag M77 would make a nice 150 yard deer rifle.

Funny thing is lately getting the thread job is taking almost as long or longer than the stamp approval!

*ASH*
02-21-2013, 18:47
im mad lol . my wait has just begun :steamed::steamed:

i got a swr spectre 2 paid for just waiting for my 22 :crying::crying:

my dealer said when i get anxious just think about baseball ?? i dont get it :dunno::dunno:

InsaneGorilla
02-21-2013, 23:20
Awesome!!

LASTRESORT20
02-21-2013, 23:36
Schweeeeet!....Likie!

Palouse
02-21-2013, 23:42
Be careful, they are like potato chips: just one won't do it.

I can't express how great it is to be able to be in the field and not have to hassle with hearing protection. Muffs/plugs at the range are fine, in the field they suck when you are trying to hear something. This is why bow hunting rocks.

My favorite round to "suppress" is .17 HMR, the hypersonic crack is far from silent but that is down range. For the shooter the rifle is hearing safe and this is the true purpose.

I'm trying to decide on my next one now. Thinking a .45 can on a Ruger .44 mag M77 would make a nice 150 yard deer rifle.

Funny thing is lately getting the thread job is taking almost as long or longer than the stamp approval!

I recognize that shield. Another FH alum here. WSU '90.

md2lgyk
02-22-2013, 07:38
I like them because they make my guns quieter.

I certainly hope so, since that's what they're for. But I have no interest in making my guns quieter, especially considering what a suppressor costs around here (nearly $1000). Electronic muffs are good enough for me. And I live far enough in the boonies that I could shoot from my front porch and nobody would care.

If, God forbid, I ever have to use my HD gun inside the house, I don't think the one or two 9mm rounds I might fire would do much to my hearing. And if I shot some burglar with a supressed weapon, I'm sure there's some scumbag lawyer who'd make the argument that I ambushed him with an evil silenced pistol.

WayneJessie
02-22-2013, 10:49
They do have their place if you like poaching the neighbor's hogs... Kinda like an empty 2 liter bottle taped to the end of a .22. Now that's a challenge. Try throwing a 300lb sow over your shoulder in the dark of night.:faint: You guys that hang out in the dive bars at 2AM can probably relate.

Fireman1291
02-22-2013, 14:26
Shoot it wet zak! I have the same setup and when shot with 5'cc's of water or wire pulling gel it's scary quiet! I laughed the first time I shot it wet on my 1911 host.

Those that knock cans have never tried it first hand. They are worth the wait and the price of admission but some are driven away because they think you have to jump through a bunch of hoops when in reality it's quite easy and like I said, so worth it. Have fun with your new can. Whatcha buyin next? ;)

How to buy a silencer
How to buy a silencer - YouTube

Everything to know about silencers
Silencers 101 - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone

zackwatt
02-22-2013, 15:35
Shoot it wet zak! I have the same setup and when shot with 5'cc's of water or wire pulling gel it's scary quiet! I laughed the first time I shot it wet on my 1911 host.

Oh yeah! The thing is pretty amazing dry! I just need to buy some wire pulling gel and a syringe.

zackwatt
02-23-2013, 16:49
Put 100 rounds through it at the range last night...

It's amazing how much easier it is to shoot, and be crazy accurate!

cowboy1964
02-23-2013, 21:20
A suppressor for HD is a bad idea, IMO. Nice long handle for the bad guy to grab onto. Among other reasons.

Glockdude1
02-24-2013, 05:21
A suppressor for HD is a bad idea, IMO. Nice long handle for the bad guy to grab onto. Among other reasons.

If you can legally use pistol for HD, why can't you use a legally bought suppressor?

:cool:

ca survivor
02-25-2013, 12:29
Congrats!!

Fireman1291
02-25-2013, 17:30

On really? So using your theory a shotgun or rifle would make a bad HD choice as well. Because someone can grab it? If you had to clear your house you don't go around extending a weapon waving it around like a episode of Miami vice.

Suppressors make a good HD firearm even better. It gives me the upper hand in a possible fight for my life in my own home. My wife and I both have suppressed firearms in the nightstand and boy do we sleep soundly.

Landric
02-26-2013, 09:39
My primary home defense weapon is a 9mm AR SBR with a suppressor. Since it is a SBR it is shorter with the suppressor than the shotguns and carbines that many folks use for defense. It is also very quiet and accurate.

I'll eventually get a can and threaded barrel for my Glock 21 RTF2, which is my primary home defense handgun. Guns are loud, especially inside. There are a number of advantages to quieting them down in defensive situations.

As for how lawyers or courts might see it, if I am alive to worry about that it is a win. I legally own the suppressors and there is no legal reason they cannot be used for defense. I'm willing to make that argument (through my attorney) if I have to.