Citadel Comapct Range Report [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Citadel Comapct Range Report

Redstate
02-20-2013, 19:12
Got a brand new Citadel Compact that I had on layway. It is an Officer size 1911 in .45. It is made by Armscor who also makes RIA. It appears very nicely finished and the slide to frame fit is excellent.

Last Friday, I put 80 rounds through it. Extremely accurate and low felt recoil. Did have 2 minor issues early on in the 80 rounds that I attribute to break-in. One was where I loaded the magazine with only 2 rounds of Speer Lawman 230 and I had a failure to feed on the last round. Another was with Ranger T 230 where I only loaded the magazine with 5 rounds and the slide failed to lock back on the empty magazine. Despite these 2 minor hiccups, I was extremely pleased with this little 1911.

Last Monday, I went out and put another 70 rounds through it, now for a total of 150 rounds. Only 1 hiccup within the first 15 or so rounds of this day. The slide failed to go fully into battery, by just about a 1/4 inch that was easily remedied by slightly pushing the rear of the slide. Again, I would attribute that to break-in. Same great accuracy as day 1. Still extremely pleased with this pistol.

Today, I called Rock Island Armory in Nevada and spoke with gunsmith Arnell, and I was extremely pleased with his professionalism and customer service. The reason I called was to get an ambi safety (I am left handed). I told him of the above hiccups, and without hesitation, he volunteered to send me a new recoil spring, and added that should the gun not run 100% after a few more rounds for break-in, that he will send me a shipping label at RIA's expense and take care of it. He also confirmed that the warranty is lifetime on the Citadel as well as the RIA. This is what I consider top notch customer service.

faawrenchbndr
02-20-2013, 19:44
Sounds great,......could have been due to lack of lube.
I tend to run a 1911 in the wet side for the fist 500 rounds.
Pics when you can!

Redstate
02-20-2013, 19:59
Plenty of lube on it. I even used Tetra grease on the slide rails. By the way, the failure to go into full battery on the second day in the first less than 15 rounds was with one of my reloads.
As to pictures, I am a little challenged. However, here is a link that will show a photo and description of the Citadel Compact: http://legacysports.com/products/cit_m1911.html

faawrenchbndr
02-20-2013, 20:35
150 is still a relative low round count

Redstate
02-20-2013, 21:57
Yes it is. I hope to put some more through it this weekend.

3rdgen40
02-21-2013, 07:21
I have the full size Citadel wish has ran perfect from day 1.I did replace the recoil spring with a Wilson and then it ran even better.You ftf could be related to your reloads.

deathpriest
02-21-2013, 10:19
My ria compact needed a new(stronger) RSA, provided very fast and very free. While you are waiting, lube it and rack that slide. I can do 50 or so during commercials :-) By the time you get the RSA, you should be able to cyc.e at least 500 tiimes.

bac1023
02-21-2013, 16:46
Congrats! :cool:

Armscor makes a solid 1911.

Redstate
02-21-2013, 18:29
Thanks for the replies and tips.

mastrbloata
02-24-2013, 11:39
Congrats on the gun. I was just playing with one yesterday. It seemed pretty nice but man, the thumb safety on that gun was tightola. It's comforting to know the customer service is good with those. That's going to help me make a choice here shortly.

ca survivor
02-28-2013, 16:04
Congrats!

Redstate
03-01-2013, 19:24
Update:
Put in the new recoil spring and went out today during the lunch hour and put 55 rounds through the great Citadel. Ran perfectly. 50 rounds were Speer Lawman 230 gr. and 5 were Winchester Ranger T 230. I am extremely pleased with this pistol.