Para Ord Recoil Spring Help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Para Ord Recoil Spring Help

Black Dog Coffee
02-21-2013, 19:32
I know they're not the most popular of the 1911 variants but a several years ago I picked up Para Ordnance Tac-Four and a CCW model (I believe also known as a C7.45).
I shot and tinkered with them a bit at first but then I got busy with the business and they became safe queens because they're not really reliable enough for carry.

Now with the potential ban issues and ammo shortages I've got to thinking that it might be a good idea to get them running reliably. They fed target ammo fine but had issues with the Gold Dot 200gr +p I had gotten for defensive ammo (bought a bunch at a great price). I was getting a lot of stove-piping and stuff. I polished the feed ramps and changed the mag springs which helped some. The CCW does better than the Tac-Four.
Before I take them out to the range again I'm thinking of trying some stronger recoil springs. Anyone have an idea if that might help?
I emailed Para recently and they say they don't recommend using +p in their firearms but alluded to the fact that a stronger recoil spring might help. They guy said what they have in them are 20lb.
Any thoughts or recommendations on a heavier spring? Might it help? Where is best to get them?
Thanks!