Wilson Combat not selling to anti-gun states [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Combat not selling to anti-gun states

Jim1970
02-28-2013, 15:59
Hello,

Hope it is okay to post this across a couple of sub-forums. Posted the same thing in the General Firearms section.

Pretty ball-sy!

Good job, Wilson Combat!

http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=7b1a9382c490b04b227c7c2b9&id=88cd64a386

Take care,

Jim

DustyJacket
02-28-2013, 16:03
A little less impressive.
How many state agencies pay WC high prices?

SpringerTGO
02-28-2013, 17:00

Would you prefer Wilson continues doing business as usual with those states?
At least they are taking a stand, unlike some other manufacturers.

evilspringer
02-28-2013, 17:27
I am glad to see this. The more the better!

PEC-Memphis
02-28-2013, 22:47
Its not going to make much difference until Glock, S&W, Colt and (maybe) Springfield do the same.

Will Hi-Point, Davis and Jennings be the major suppliers to local, state and federal LE then?

glock2740
02-28-2013, 23:11
Glock, Sig, S&W, HK, Springfield and Colt could make some real noise. I hope they do. I would LOVE to see Glock tell the NYPD to take a hike. And when gloomberg turned to another company, be given the finger and told wear to go stick it.

MD357
02-28-2013, 23:45
Glock, Sig, S&W, HK, Springfield and Colt could make some real noise. I hope they do. I would LOVE to see Glock tell the NYPD to take a hike. And when gloomberg turned to another company, be given the finger and told wear to go stick it.

In a perfect world...... but.... it ain't gonna happen.

RetailNinja
03-01-2013, 01:23
Glock, Sig, S&W, HK, Springfield and Colt could make some real noise.

I got banned from Coptalk for posting this same thing, albeit in a rather snarky fashion :rofl:

DustyJacket
03-01-2013, 01:50
Would you prefer Wilson continues doing business as usual with those states?

That is my point - WC produces high-cost semi-custom firearms.

State and local agencied won't buy a $3,000 handgun when they can get $500 Glocks.

Same idea on shotguns and rifles.

Therefore, if is really an empty gesture - the only people affected are civilian shooters.

SpringerTGO
03-01-2013, 13:49
That is my point - WC produces high-cost semi-custom firearms.

State and local agencied won't buy a $3,000 handgun when they can get $500 Glocks.

Same idea on shotguns and rifles.

Therefore, if is really an empty gesture - the only people affected are civilian shooters.

Wilson sells rifles, magazines, and other parts and accessories. But if Wilson only sold cleaning patches, maybe other cleaning patch manufactures would join in.

What if Taxi companies refused to drive if their drivers couldn't carry? Not that they do carry, but the point is, the more companies that jump on this the better. We need conventions to look elsewhere, and whatever industry is willing to speak out to do so.
It's appalling that Kimber has been silent through all this. If you are reading this Kimber, move your company to a pro 2a state.

I certainly wouldn't bash any company by calling their actions "empty gestures".

okie
03-01-2013, 13:57

This:supergrin:

bac1023
03-01-2013, 16:15

That would be cool for sure, Joe :cool:

AK74play
03-02-2013, 17:28
I got an e-mail from Wilson Combat and the list at that time was up to 76 different suppliers and manufacturere and growing every day. This is a GOOD thing for the 2nd Ammendment. A few of them are.
Larue Tactical
Olympic Arms
Cheaper than Dirt
Spikes Tactical
Barret Firearms Bravo Company
Stoner Arms

And this is just a few. These are big name companies and as this trend continues we will all become stronger in the anti gun war.

Ruggles
03-02-2013, 17:37

:upeyes:

Always one in the crowd who has to find a negative in everything.

Agent6-3/8
03-03-2013, 07:41
This news has created quite the debate on a different section amongst its LEO posters. I've stayed out on that one...

As a LEO I understand the concern some have with firearms companies "punishing" street cops who have no control over what laws are passed by their state governments. I, however, can only commend companies like Wilson Combat and Magpul for taking a stand and putting their money where their mouth is.

I can only think God I live and work where I do. I'm contrast to many states, we've got quite a few pro-gun bills making their way thorough the legislature right now.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

FloorPoor
03-03-2013, 12:38

Yep, now that would be impressive, but LEA's being a HUGE percentage of their business, it's probably NOT going to happen.

RetailNinja
03-03-2013, 13:44
I take it I'm not the only person that RussP banned?:wavey:

This news has created quite the debate on a different section amongst its LEO posters. I've stayed out on that one...

As a LEO I understand the concern some have with firearms companies "punishing" street cops who have no control over what laws are passed by their state governments. I, however, can only commend companies like Wilson Combat and Magpul for taking a stand and putting their money where their mouth is.

I can only think God I live and work where I do. I'm contrast to many states, we've got quite a few pro-gun bills making their way thorough the legislature right now.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

bill4282
03-06-2013, 13:56
Same old tired thing "Company puts the almighty dollar ahead of principles and moral obligation to support their customer base" If the bans go through and The Big Dogs stay silent, last Glock or Kimber I'll ever buy. At leastWilson had the guts to publicly state their position. Guess we all know what The Big Dogs are.

droptrd
03-06-2013, 14:13
Good for WC. I hope more follow suit