Kudos to Tripp Research - they gonna make me some compact 9mm mags [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Tripp Research - they gonna make me some compact 9mm mags

fnfalman
03-04-2013, 16:28
I made a comment on their website about how they should offer mags for 9mm compacts like the Colt Defender/New Agent. Arron Tripp replied and said they can chop down the mag tube from standard length to Officer's ACP length for me at the cost of $4 a cut. Even with that price added in, the total cost is still cheaper than the junky ass Wilson ETM mags that I got.

Still no replies from Wilson Combat on the two junky 9mm ETM mags and it's going on six weeks now. I think that I'll take those two POSes out to the range and turn them into targets.

faawrenchbndr
03-04-2013, 16:56
Damn,.......now that's service!

glock2740
03-04-2013, 17:26
Yeah, that is pretty impressive.

TK-421
03-04-2013, 17:44
Wow, $4 a cut? That's it? That's not a bad price, not bad at all. I just might have to give them a look-see, with customer service like that.

matt_lowry123
03-04-2013, 21:15
That's really cool that they'll do that!!

ilgunguygt
03-04-2013, 22:32
That is awesome!

fnfalman
03-05-2013, 12:20
Just put in an order for 5-mags. It'd definitely make me feel a lot warmer and fuzzier to know that I have mags I can rely on a piece that I may want to CCW.

faawrenchbndr
03-05-2013, 13:42
The Tripp family is amazingly customer oriented.
I knew this years ago, find another that would be willing to do this!

fnfalman
03-05-2013, 16:57
I'm gonna have to buy me another Colt .38 Super so that I can buy me some more Cobra mags.

fnfalman
04-03-2013, 12:22
9mm Compact mags just came in and worked just fine with Tula 9mm ammo.

The photos were taken with my iPhone so they aren't the clearest, but good enough for government work.

The mag capacity is 9-rds instead of 10-rds in the full size model.

Too bad these models come with the plastic bumper - no flat bottom option. And the mag itself also protrudes underneath the mag well just a hair ala their 8-rds .45ACP mags.

Feeding is smoother than butter with the Tula steel cased ammo. The local shop doesn't have any hollowpoints for sales and I don't want to use up my stash so I'll just wait until more JHPs are available. I already found out that the gun doesn't like CorBon 115-GR JHP +P.

By the way, not a peep from Wilson Combat about their two junk mags that don't feed even quality ball ammo. The last time I was contacted by Wilson Combat was 6th March 2013. The time before that was 22nd January 2013. I guess $84 worth of junk mags aren't worth it for them to worry about. After all they have hundreds of back orders on $3000 guns.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/fnfalman/Guns/Colt%20Defender/CobraMag_zpsfd7a18a0.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/fnfalman/Guns/Colt%20Defender/CobraMagsNTulaAmmo1_zpscdab4fab.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/fnfalman/Guns/Colt%20Defender/CobraMagNTulaAmmo2_zpsad547ca4.jpg

COLDSTEEL165
04-03-2013, 23:49
Virgil Trip is a great guy to talk to & do business with.? when I bought my first 1911.? I call them up & Virgil answered the phone himself I was shocked that the owner of the co. answered the phone.? Well I think that he knows more about the 1911's & magazines than any other person live? I Love his Magazines they perform without any hiccups etc.? And his Spring kits are fantastic also.? Thanks to Virgil & his family for a great product.? that are worth their weight in gold.

WilsonCombatRep
04-07-2013, 18:54
Since I know we don't do business that way I searched the customer service email server for 9mm compact ETM issues and found that we sent you the following on 3-6

Rick A______ Mar 06 08:18
HT,
Can you give me an order number or the name the account is under? I cannot find you in our system and need some info before I can issue an RMA to return the mag's

Rick

And we never received a return email from you.

So if you would like to return the mags you can send an email to info@wilsoncombat.com and reference ticket #4439

We would be happy to help you out.

matt_lowry123
04-07-2013, 19:42
Since I know we don't do business that way I searched the customer service email server for 9mm compact ETM issues and found that we sent you the following on 3-6

HT,
Can you give me an order number or the name the account is under? I cannot find you in our system and need some info before I can issue an RMA to return the mag's

Rick

So if you would like to return the mags you can send an email to info@wilsoncombat.com and reference ticket #4439

That's service right there!!

If I would have known you all would do this, I would have sent in my emp mags. The follower comes over the top of the mag body. It's not that big of a deal though. I use them for range only and they've always worked.

fnfalman
04-08-2013, 16:19

HT,

Rick

The below was the whole extent of the email exchange including the above mentioned email from Wilson Combat customer service to me. I replied to Rick Asbridge's email the same day that I got his and not a peep until now posted on GlockTalk.

My first contact with Wilson Combat on these two mags issues were back in January 2013. I can dig up that email exchange too if anybody wishes to see.

Anyway, I am going to contact Wilson Combat again on these two mags. $80 worth of mags is nothing to me, but it's the principles behind getting services from a well-reputed company.

Hi Rick,

There is no order number or name on the account because I bought these 9mm compact ETM mags directly from Boise Gun Company.

So, should I get with them for these malfunctioning mags?

HT Dang

From: Rick Asbridge [mailto:notifications-support@wilsoncombat.zendesk.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 5:19 AM
To: Ht.Dang
Subject: [Wilson Combat Support] Re: Contact Wilson Combat [#4439]

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (#2445) has been updated. Reply to this email or click the link below:
http://wilsoncombat.zendesk.com/tickets/2445

Rick Asbridge (Wilson Combat Support)
Mar 06 07:18 (CST)
HT,
Rick

Htdang
Feb 21 17:39 (CST)
Department *
Customer Service
Subject *
Malfunctioning magazines
Name * HT Dang
Email *
Phone Number *
Write your message here. *
In 20th January, 2013, I sent in an email about two of my 9mm compact ETM magazines malfunctioning in my Colt 9mm Defender - failure to feed even ball ammo repeatedly while the other three ETM mags and the Colt factory mags were fine.
I was contacted by Anthony Lombardo and he asked if I had loaded these magazines up to full capacity for a few days before use. I did not do so.
I then loaded up these two problematic mags (please note again that my three other 9mm compact ETM mags did not have issue with feeding) to full capacity and left them for a whole week.
The next time I went shooting, the same two mags (identified as No. 1 and No. 2) suffered the same failure to feed malfunctions while the other three ETM mags fed flawlessly.
I emailed both Anthony and Rick Asbridge with these new findings along with photos of the jam.
It's been two weeks since then and I have yet to see a reply from Wilson Combat.
Please let me know if this is an issue that I need to work out with Wilson Combat or should I deal with the gun shop from which I purchased the magazines from.