They are enbling the stupid. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : They are enbling the stupid.

countrygun
03-04-2013, 17:49
Nothing new, but I just saw a trailer for the movie "Emperor"

"The story of Douglas MacArthur- Based on a true story"

If you don't get my point, don't bother. I worry about this Country enough as it is.

Dawolf
03-04-2013, 18:55
Nothing new, but I just saw a trailer for the movie "Emperor"

"The story of Douglas MacArthur- Based on a true story"

If you don't get my point, don't bother. I worry about this Country enough as it is.

Do not trust Hollyweird at all. Times change, as way back when the movie Patton was pretty straight up.

tmds3
04-30-2013, 19:26
What is sad is they felt the need to let people know,I figure the ones that are going to go see the movie KNOW ALREADY

countrygun
04-30-2013, 21:40
What is sad is they felt the need to let people know,I figure the ones that are going to go see the movie KNOW ALREADY

Yup. who would be attracted to a movie entitled "McArthur"
If they didn't know already, and who would want to see a movie about him NOT based on the truth? :dunno:

Of course I have seen and heard some things in the last few years that makes me consider carrying a set of breathing instructions in case I see someone who has suddenly forgotten how.

RichardB
05-05-2013, 18:30
I'm not well informed about current films. What is it about this movie that you find objectionable?

countrygun
05-05-2013, 21:10
I'm not well informed about current films. What is it about this movie that you find objectionable?

You didn't get the point obviously.

Try re-reading my last post carefully.

RichardB
05-06-2013, 07:15
I'm slow but i got it. But no doubt many films about history are based on the script writers' imagination.

walt cowan
06-18-2013, 06:22
didn't see it but, do portray him as a gay mexican, cross dressing, post op, bull dikeish, a sexual type? or just a stupid old white guy?