M-60 Video shows internal operation of how it works [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : M-60 Video shows internal operation of how it works

ithaca_deerslayer
03-11-2013, 13:36
This is an awesome training video. At about 8:00 it shows a see-through model and explains and shows how the belt works with the internal loading, chambering, firing, and ejecting.

http://thegunwire.com/blog/youtube-video-superiorhistory-m-60-machine-gun-operation/

Can anyone describe how the older Brownings with the cotton web belt worked differently? It is hard for me to visualize them stripping a round from the cotton belt.

But with this metal belt, it is easy to see how it is done :)

janice6
03-11-2013, 14:24
Excellent. Thank you.

LASTRESORT20
03-11-2013, 14:28
Nice! Thanks!

Glockdude1
03-11-2013, 14:40
:thumbsup:

Deltic
04-09-2014, 05:50
This is an awesome training video. At about 8:00 it shows a see-through model and explains and shows how the belt works with the internal loading, chambering, firing, and ejecting.

http://thegunwire.com/blog/youtube-video-superiorhistory-m-60-machine-gun-operation/

Can anyone describe how the older Brownings with the cotton web belt worked differently? It is hard for me to visualize them stripping a round from the cotton belt.

But with this metal belt, it is easy to see how it is done :)

IIRC the bolt moves forward and the extractor grabs the round . As the bolt moves back the round is pulled back from the belt and forced down into the "T slot" by a curved metal bar(cam) above it. The round that was just fired is also in the T slot and is pushed down and ejected out the bottom. The bolt moves forward to chamber a round and the extractors grab the next one. The round fires and the cycle repeats. I hope that was clear. :50cal:

ithaca_deerslayer
04-09-2014, 10:01
IIRC the bolt moves forward and the extractor grabs the round . As the bolt moves back the round is pulled back from the belt and forced down into the "T slot" by a curved metal bar(cam) above it. The round that was just fired is also in the T slot and is pushed down and ejected out the bottom. The bolt moves forward to chamber a round and the extractors grab the next one. The round fires and the cycle repeats. I hope that was clear. :50cal:

Are you saying as one round is being chambered, another round is being extracted from the belt and positioned so that it can be chambered?

Guess I'm not clear on how a round leaves the cotton belt. Is the round being pushed through the belt into the chamber, or is the round being extracted backwards from the belt, and then pushed into the chamber?

Batesmotel
04-09-2014, 10:19
Backwards

Deltic
04-09-2014, 16:28
The round is pull backwards out of the belt. The face of the bolt has a vertical slot with a lip(I can't think of a better word) on either side that holds the rim of the cartridge. Two rounds can fit on the bolt face at one time. It extracts a round from the belt at the same time it extracts the fired case from the chamber. BTW removing the belt will leave one live round ready to fire. To unload you have to remove the belt and pull the bolt to rear and push the live round down to eject it. A dangerous feature IMO.

ithaca_deerslayer
04-10-2014, 10:03
Two rounds can fit on the bolt face at one time. It extracts a round from the belt at the same time it extracts the fired case from the chamber.

Ah! Now I get it. That description helps a lot. Thanks :)

Deployment Solu
04-10-2014, 12:56
Cool!!! Thanks!

Batesmotel
04-10-2014, 13:15
The face of the bolt has a vertical slot with a lip(I can't think of a better word)

Prawl IIRC

varget
04-11-2014, 06:43
Great video. Only mistake was not mentioning the fired barrel is very hot and requires the use of the supplied insulated glove for changing barrel. Otherwise, good info. Too bad every home does not have one. Would go a long way towards preserving our liberty from tyranny.