G36s? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G36s?

tuica
04-25-2013, 13:52
So, Springfield Armory's XDS is American Rifleman's Handgun of The Year. Wonder if Glock could steal some of that thunder by creating a single stack G36S?

I'm no firearms designer, but it might not be too difficult to shorten the barrel/frame (to the length of the other sub-compact's), and alter the magazine (the easy part!), to hold five rounds. The G36 (I have one) - is already thin enough to compete with the XDS.

*** Disclaimer: Some may say that Glock already has that model in the G39 (which I also own). Two barriers to that pistol's success: the cartridge, and that really fat slide.***

Any thoughts, Dear Readers?

ca survivor
04-26-2013, 05:41
yes, I don't understand those fat slides on the .45 ACP, I'm waiting on the G21s, we can only dream.

TFLWYO
04-26-2013, 07:00
As far as I am concerned, the G36 would have been fine "as is" had Glock made a 5 round magazine that sits flush with the bottom of the frame like the 9 round G30 mag, and also a factory 7 round extended magazine. But, Glock didn't, and the XDS is better in the role that the G36 was designed to fill. For being such an innovative company at the beginning of its existence, Glock sure is slow to react to the marketplace now.

tuica
04-26-2013, 14:44
Yes, as the G29 (same frame size) has a flush-fitting mag bottom option. And the G21S? You would think that Glock would at least conduct feasability studies on that - and many other - potential pistol models.

Maybe they will come out soon with several new models, and really shock the marketplace! Think that Glock is currently undergoing a period of uncertain direction, so time will tell what transpires. Cheers.