AR 15 Show on CNBC last night? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AR 15 Show on CNBC last night?

LEO/Dad
04-26-2013, 05:55
I thought the show was pretty unbias. They seemed to show the complete history of the AR, and also pointed out that the legal versions were semi-auto, as are many other rifles that can be bought in America. The dude running the shooting business in Tennessee was put on the spot, as to if the government was coming for him, but hey, many of us feel another civil war is entirely possible. What did you think of the show?

Glock21Owner
04-26-2013, 17:53
I give it a C+. The host did mention that rifles were only used in around 300ish murders, but he didn't mention the percentage where a stolen AR was used (like Sandy Hook).

For some reason he interviewed James Yeager, a shooting instructor who posts a lot of gun vids on YouTube and got in trouble with death threats. I have no idea why he thought this Yeager person was of interest unless he wanted to put a negative face on the AR owner. Unnecessary airtime was devoted to this guy, who looked like an ass.

He also interviewed an emergency room doctor who is also supposedly a ballistics expert. This doctor went on to talk about tumbling bullets and wound cavities, along with an x-ray of a shattered bone. The message was that the evil AR cartridge is truly destructive round when coming into contact with flesh and bone. As if all other bullets are nice and polite when contacting bone and tissue.

He profiles some girls who are into the AR, and showed them shooting. He didn't mention Biden's comment about how women should get a 12 gauge shotgun because an AR is unwieldy and not ergonomic.

He interviewed a guy who markets software to create a plastic 3D lower receiver and magazine bodies, but he also interviewed an ATF bigwig who said that the only reason someone would want such a gun is to commit crimes with. If I remember correctly, he also intimated that rifles with these these 3D lowers would not be detectable by a metal detector. Guess barrels, bolts, triggers, pins and springs don't count.

The host played the concerned liberal quite well, but he did throw a bone to lawful gun owners here and there. It had misinformation and half truths, but this was probably about the best the anti-gun media will do.