Lets just Invade Syria and take over. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lets just Invade Syria and take over.

frank4570
04-26-2013, 06:39
It would be a lot easier than the usual theatrics.

TBO
04-26-2013, 07:02
After the invasion, then what?

frank4570
04-26-2013, 07:05

We'll put in our own govt, tell the locals they voted for the new govt, and go home.

raven11
04-26-2013, 07:08
http://youtu.be/vlIm-riMN6Q?t=1m37s

banger
04-26-2013, 07:15

Ohhhh great....ANOTHER war!

fullhouse
04-26-2013, 07:32
Lets see here, people that hate us are killing other people that hate us.
Is that a problem?

FLIPPER 348
04-26-2013, 07:33

You and your kids head to the recruiting office and sign up. I recommend 11B

frank4570
04-26-2013, 07:36
Ohhhh great....ANOTHER war!

I think we are being prepped. This is the usual path they take to convince us we need to invade yet another country.
Iraq 2.0

coastal4974
04-26-2013, 07:51
I got a better idea. Instead of starting another war we can't win, how about we end the ones we are already in.

cmr287
04-26-2013, 08:04
Agree.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Dennis in MA
04-26-2013, 08:05
Is that a problem?

Haters gonna hate. :rofl:

If we do invade, can we then say it's b/c Obama is shilling for the Syrian Bread industry???

LSUAdman
04-26-2013, 09:05
Let them shoot it out amongst themselves. I'm tired of the US trying to bring democracy to the cavemen.

aplcr0331
04-26-2013, 09:07
You and your kids head to the recruiting office and sign up. I recommend 11B

No ****. He can go volunteer right now. I'm a little tired of wars. So are all of my dead and wounded military friends.

Dennis in MA
04-26-2013, 09:15
If only it was that easy.

It'll take 20-30 years to determine, historically, if we should head into Syria or not right now.

Sometimes we run in - and we fix it.

Sometimes we run in - and we f it up.

Sometimes we DON'T run in - and it f's up AND causes us problems.

We can't be everywhere. We can't fight every war. But the decision every time is a hard one.

Maybe if we go in, we'll find all the WMD's with "Property of Sadaam Hussain" on them. ;)

I'm in the "stay out" camp, but I don't know enough about the whole thing to make a good decision.

OctoberRust
04-26-2013, 09:39
what about Iran and North Korea?

Let's invade those, too.

Also, we could invade the moon, and build a moon base!

and....and...... :supergrin:

Atlas
04-26-2013, 10:04
How about we enclose the entire region with a tall fence and let them have at it..

RCP
04-26-2013, 10:27
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k52/macman8800/team_america_world_police.jpg

Kozel
04-26-2013, 10:40
When was the last time US won the war?

War with Spain? I cannot think of any wars since then.

Iraq and Afghanistan? Vietnam? Korea (North Korea is still there last time I checked)? WWII (Soviets did most of the fighting and there was a large ally called British Empire)?
WWI (US showed up at the end to tip the scale of the war that was fought for years)?

Yeah! Sure! Let’s start and lose another one!

OctoberRust
04-26-2013, 10:53

Iraq and Afghanistan? Vietnam? Korea (North Korea is still there last time I checked)? WWII (Soviets did most of the fighting and there was a large ally called British Empire)?
WWI (US showed up at the end to tip the scale of the war that was fought for years)?

Yeah! Sure! Let’s start and loose another one!

uhhh, how do you "loose" a war?..... :dunno:

aplcr0331
04-26-2013, 10:58

You know, let loose the dogs of war!

Or something.

Kozel
04-26-2013, 10:59

Spend a lot of money. Get thousands of your best and bravest killed and maimed. Then cut and run leaving the country in the state of internal bloodbath. US is an expert in doing that.

walt cowan
04-26-2013, 11:01
so...some folks in another country are pissed that their leadership is treating them badly. then a small group of "freedom fighters" rise up and take the leader and his military on. then they ask barry to give them support in cash and weapons. barry, under the guise of supporting freedom, civil rights and the worlds birth right to democratic form of government does so. he (barry) even at a risk of war with the russians plans to send u.s. troops to that country against all world opinion.

now lets say a small group of folks from the southern u.s. seeking their rights, freedoms and a democratic form of government...ask putin for the same thing? what's barry going to say when he looks out of the oval office and sees a army of good old boys backed up by russian troops and tanks?

arclight610
04-26-2013, 11:03
I say we just shoot a Tomahawk at an empty tent and call it good.

OctoberRust
04-26-2013, 11:05
Spend a lot of money. Get thousands of your best and bravest killed and maimed. Then cut and run leaving the country in the state of internal bloodbath. US is an expert in doing that.

How does that "loose" a war?

What is actually loose in a war to begin with? Is it best to tight a war, or what? :dunno:

Kozel
04-26-2013, 11:09
How does that "loose" a war?

You must be a lawyer! Re-define “lose” as “win” and you never lose again! Yeah! Problem solved!

G29Reload
04-26-2013, 11:14
Is that a problem?

I know, right?

Muslims killing muslims in an enemy country thats always hated us.

When your enemies are busy killing each other, stay out of their way and LET THEM!

Plus John McCain ( and his fat little pigaroo daughter by default probably) are for it so i am against it.

Stfo of other peoples civil wars. They re not our friends and we have no interests there. We dont have enough money for air traffic controllers, why waste a single jdam or cruise missile on them?

Clear case of meddling. We have enough problems.

TX OMFS
04-26-2013, 11:25
How about we enclose the entire region with a tall fence and let them have at it...

Ha. We need to take over North Africa, the Middle East and outh central Asia.

WWII (Soviets did most of the fighting and there was a large ally called British Empire)?

:headscratch: What?

The Soviet might have defeated the Axis powers all by their lonesome but Britain didn't have a chance. At best Britain would have done a Neville Chamberlain and tried to fake a temporary peace. Without America WWII would have gone much longer and taken many more lives.

Kozel
04-26-2013, 11:33
The Soviet might have defeated the Axis powers all by their lonesome but Britain didn't have a chance. At best Britain would have done a Neville Chamberlain and tried to fake a temporary peace. Without America WWII would have gone much longer and taken many more lives.

So, did US win WWII? It had a big role in a war with Japan and small part in war with Germany but by no means it won either by itself.

When did US win the war last time? Other then Grenada I cannot think of one since war with Spain.

fnfalman
04-26-2013, 13:47
I don't mind waging wars as long as America is getting something out of it.

Ragnar
04-26-2013, 13:52

You really need to think more before you type.

04-26-2013, 14:07
So, did US win WWII? It had a big role in a war with Japan and small part in war with Germany but by no means it won either by itself.

When did US win the war last time? Other then Grenada I cannot think of one since war with Spain.
Small part in the victory w/germany!? Please.

The US/England did strategic bombing of military and industrial infrastructure.

The US produced weapons and supplies for everyone - lend lease - even the soviets.

Invaded mainland Europe from the est and the south through Itally.

What did the Soviets/Stalin do?

Purged most of it's military leaders along with millions of civilians.

Couldn't defeat Finland the first time around which gave hitler the idea to invade USSR.

The tactics of the Soviets were what? Human waves. Maybe that explains the horrifically high casualties in just about every campaign?

The biggest advantage the soviets had was land that would swallow the German advance - and General Winter. Can't forget the totalitarian .gov that forced people to use wastefull military tactics.

How did the Soviets fare against the Americans in skies over Korea?

How did the Soviets do in Afghanistan?

Ragnar
04-26-2013, 14:19
Not sure I would use the soviet experience in afghanistan as an example. They were at least smart enough to get out. Unlike a certain other country.

Micad
04-26-2013, 14:30
How about the first Gulf War?
This is highly simplified but:
Saddam invades Kuwait
Kuwait says pleas help us America!
We tell Saddam get out of Kuwait
Saddam does his evil laugh and says no.
So we round up all our friends, pull out all the neato toys we have been building and paying extravagant prices for, and go kick Saddam's butt.
We make him get out of Kuwait, kick his best guys butts and make them surrender, then we put out the fires and came home to a grateful nation:dunno:. (mostly)
That is a victory, at least in my Humble Opinion.

Rotn1
04-26-2013, 14:45
I don't mind waging wars as long as America is getting something out of it.

That's right......

What haz they gotz that I wantz.......

Oil?
Womenz?
Other_____________

fnfalman
04-26-2013, 14:47
:headscratch: What?

The Soviets wouldn't be doing squat but dying a lot more if America didn't provide them with logistical support.

fnfalman
04-26-2013, 14:47
That's right......

What haz they gotz that I wantz.......

Oil?
Womenz?
Other_____________

That's how America got rich back in the days. Nowadays we just bleed and spend our money for free with nothing in return.

fnfalman
04-26-2013, 14:49
How about the first Gulf War?
This is highly simplified but:
Saddam invades Kuwait
Kuwait says pleas help us America!
We tell Saddam get out of Kuwait
Saddam does his evil laugh and says no.
So we round up all our friends, pull out all the neato toys we have been building and paying extravagant prices for, and go kick Saddam's butt.
We make him get out of Kuwait, kick his best guys butts and make them surrender, then we put out the fires and came home to a grateful nation:dunno:. (mostly)
That is a victory, at least in my Humble Opinion.

America can fight and win an all out war any time, any day. We have superior manpower and superior firepower.

What America can't seem to do worth a damn is all these "hearts & minds" craps.

coastal4974
04-26-2013, 14:57
We could never win wwii today, that America is gone.

Rotn1
04-26-2013, 14:59
That's how America got rich back in the days. Nowadays we just bleed and spend our money for free with nothing in return.

Yes, we are so much more "civilized" now.

Everyone around the world now loves us for everything we have done for them (while we slowly go broke)

Rotn1
04-26-2013, 15:06
America can fight and win an all out war any time, any day. We have superior manpower and superior firepower.

What America can't seem to do worth a damn is all these "hearts & minds" craps.

That's becasue the other side does not play by the rules we employ upon ourselves.

When we decide to engage "full out" and kill all of the enemy with the utmost prejudice, we will have a chance of breaking this terrible cycle.

Fox
04-26-2013, 15:32
I got a better idea. Instead of starting another war we can't win, how about we end the ones we are already in.

I am against going into Syria because I don't see any national interest for the USA to do so.

That said, I despise such defeatist mantra "another war we can't win". The wars we "lost" were due to Leftist subversion and widespread poltroonery on the homefront rather than from a lack of US military power.

AsSeenOnTV
04-26-2013, 15:45
Have you ever tried parking a car in downtown Jerusalem? What they need is more parking lots. Make Syria into a parking lot. :rofl:

walt cowan
04-27-2013, 08:52
why not mexico? would solve alot of problems.

Kozel
04-27-2013, 10:43
Small part in the victory w/germany!? Please.

At the end of WWII Western allies US, Britain, Canada… all combined had 80+ divisions in Europe. USSR had 200+.

The US produced weapons and supplies for everyone - lend lease - even the soviets.

There are two sides to Lend Lease story. American historians say “we sent you 300 (crappy) tanks in 1941.” Soviet/Russian historians say “Thank you very much. We got 12 of them”.

After slaughter in the Atlantic there was another slaughter on the way to USSR. No significant amount of Lend lease materials reached USSR until after Kursk battle.

What did the Soviets/Stalin do?

Purged most of it's military leaders along with millions of civilians.

Couldn't defeat Finland the first time around which gave hitler the idea to invade USSR.

You do realize that was BEFORE WWII? During and by the end of WWII Soviet Army was a very different force.

By the way there was another war in the East where Soviets kicked Japanese arses badly. Ever heard of that one? The very same Japanese that took over much of Asia couple of years later.

Because of that war Japanese kept one million strong army in Manchuria all though the WWII. If not for Soviets Japanese could send that army against US and Britain. War in the Asia would be very different then.

War in Finland was not a total loss either. Soviet took and kept something like 1/3 of Finland.

How did the Soviets fare against the Americans in skies over Korea?

Actually most of the fighting over Korea was done by barely trained Korean pilots. They had a “crash course” where they were told “Press this button to go “boom”, pull this lever to go up” and then they were sent off to fight.

Kozel
04-27-2013, 10:46
You really need to think more before you type.

Well. Since you know how to think better then I do why don’t you answer my question? When was the last time US won the war?

If you actually think before you type you would realize that mindless brouhaha attitude that seems to prevail in American society is killing this country.

The Oracle
04-27-2013, 11:22

In order to "loose" a war, a sovereign nation must openly battle, covertly attack, or militarily engage others in a dim-witted, poorly planned fashion.

The phenomena of headlong hurtling into war without proper planning, assessment of risks/rewards, or legitimate purpose, has been likened to the frantic dash of one racing to the bathroom with explosive diarrhea, thereby earning the phrase, "...to loose a war".

jdavionic
04-27-2013, 11:31

I would rather let them play in their own litter box. There is no advantage for us getting involved there.

The Oracle
04-27-2013, 11:35
The Soviet might have defeated the Axis powers all by their lonesome but Britain didn't have a chance

The Soviets would NEVER have defeated the Axis powers by themselves. It is not even close. The Soviets would have been easily defeated by the combined military strength of Germany, Japan, and Italy were all three not being severely distracted by the Allies elsewhere.

The Soviets barely survived Stalingrad, with huge Axis reinforcement that battle would have been over in 5 hours, not 5 months.

Restless28
04-27-2013, 11:37
The M.I.C. must be fed. Business as usual at the expense of our soldiers' lives.

Kozel
04-27-2013, 11:47
The Soviets would NEVER have defeated the Axis powers .
Says you.

Western Allies would not have a chance against Axis if they were not SEVERELY distracted by USSR

All I am saying is that US did not win WWII. US was a part of the group that did.

Other then Grenada which war US won by itself? I cannot think of one since the war with Spain.

The Soviets barely survived Stalingrad, with huge Axis reinforcement

With all that Axis reinforcement Soviets still won. Every available resource of Axis was thrown in and battle was still lost by them.

Dinky
04-27-2013, 13:16
How did that work out for us the last two times we did that????

The Oracle
04-27-2013, 14:05
Says you.

Western Allies would not have a chance against Axis if they were not SEVERELY distracted by USSR

I agree that we owe the Soviets a tremendous debt for their sacrifices and achievements in WWII, but that was not the point you made to which I responded. (eg. "The Soviet might have defeated the Axis powers all by their lonesome but Britain didn't have a chance"

All I am saying is that US did not win WWII. US was a part of the group that did...

Again I agree

With all that Axis reinforcement Soviets still won. Every available resource of Axis was thrown in and battle was still lost by them.

I disagree, and my point remains, ..there was almost no Axis support for the Germans because the vast majority of Axis powers (Germany, Japan, Italy) were engaged elsewhere with the Allies.

IIRC the Germans were directly aided by little more than the minor player Axis powers of the Hungarians and Romanians throughout much of WWII.

The world would be a much different place post WWII had the Soviets faced the insurmountable task of defeating the Axis powers by themselves.

Restless28
04-27-2013, 14:41
How did that work out for us the last two times we did that????

I guess some will call me a peacenik now. I oppose intervention in Syria.

Fox
04-27-2013, 14:47
The Soviets wouldn't be doing squat but dying a lot more if America didn't provide them with logistical support.

Which was a mistake IMO as helping Soviet Communism did nothing to make the world safe for Democracy.

We should have just let Hitler and Stalin bleed each other until we finished Japan, then rolled over Berlin and Moscow.

zoyter2
04-27-2013, 15:35
Here is a crazy idea. May be the alcohol talking, but why not spend some time and resources fixing the things wrong in THIS country before it becomes an utter craphole compared to what it once was?

frank4570
04-27-2013, 15:53
Here is a crazy idea. May be the alcohol talking, but why not spend some time and resources fixing the things wrong in THIS country before it becomes an utter craphole compared to what it once was?

Apparently our government thinks our resources are better spent doing military operations all over the globe. *usually* this kind of imperialism is used to take resources from the invaded countries, and so there is a pay off for all of the initial military expense.

Restless28
04-27-2013, 17:23
Guys, Eisenhower warned us about the danger of the military industrial complex.

Fox
04-27-2013, 18:47
Guys, Eisenhower warned us about the danger of the military industrial complex.

There was alot of wasteful pork spending in the military industrial complex, but the upside is that it produced alot of good jobs.

WWII and the Cold War also brought about alot of technological advancement too.

Restless28
04-27-2013, 18:56
There was alot of wasteful pork spending in the military industrial complex, but the upside is that it produced alot of good jobs.

WWII and the Cold War also brought about alot of technological advancement too.

Eisenhower made that warning in 1961. Sure, the jobs are good, but perpetual wars are costly, both in lives and dollars.

copo9560
04-27-2013, 20:19
Seriously, there is little to no oil in Syria - if it does not impact the economy leave it alone like all the other civil wars in Africa and other places in the world.

cowboywannabe
04-27-2013, 20:23
first we must declair war, not some u.n. mission crap but declair war. then we need to duct tape the politicians to their lazy boys and feed them apple sauce so they stop losing the wars for us and let the military do its job.

flyover
04-27-2013, 21:03
"Pull back and nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure." The grunt to Ripley in the Aliens movie.

MadeInAmerica
04-27-2013, 21:07
The U.S. does not even control Detroit. Why Syria?

Shinytop
04-27-2013, 22:09
I think that if we were to fight a war on an actual war footing and pay for it as we go there would be a lot fewer people saying we should fight. I believe a lot of the reasons for the massive debt and financial problems are foreign military action. The politicians don't tell the people they have to pay for the war and there we go again.

We cannot win in the ME except for our support of Israel. Iraq has been counted as a victory but has anybody been watching the news from there lately. It is still tribal warfare. We cannot win as long as the tribes want to fight each other. Same thing in Afghanistan.

My generation fought VN. And the country did not pay for it. We were paying for the space race, the war on poverty and everything but the war. Nothing has changed. The clowns constantly crying about SS and MC need to focus on the waste of foreign wars. That is where our SS money ended up.

50 Cent
04-27-2013, 22:23
If only it was that easy.

It'll take 20-30 years to determine, historically, if we should head into Syria or not right now.

Sometimes we run in - and we fix it.

Sometimes we run in - and we f it up.

Sometimes we DON'T run in - and it f's up AND causes us problems.

We can't be everywhere. We can't fight every war. But the decision every time is a hard one.

Maybe if we go in, we'll find all the WMD's with "Property of Sadaam Hussain" on them. ;)

I'm in the "stay out" camp, but I don't know enough about the whole thing to make a good decision.

I'm in the "Stay Out and give the boyz toys to play with and let them kill each other off".

Seriously? What Strategic Interest does Syria have for us? I can see the Russians maybe as that is one of their few toehold in the ME but no compelling reason to toss American Blood and Treasure that way. Nothing the Israeli's couldn't take care of with adequate supplly.

Oh wait...I forgot...Comrade zero has managed to piss them off too. Great!

Lowjiber
04-28-2013, 06:34
Let them shoot it out amongst themselves. I'm tired of the US trying to bring democracy to the cavemen.
We are not the world's policemen. I could care less if Syrians are killing Syrians, or how they do it.

Nation-building doesn't work. Bush proved that again with his desire to push democracy on Iraq. Democracy is not for everyone. I knew that when I was in Vietnam.

Leave it alone.

Boot Stomper
04-28-2013, 19:30
Stay out of Syria. From the US perspective the current situation is a win win. You have Russian backed Islamist killing and being killed by Islamist back by the Muslim Brotherhood. We just need to stay out and let them kill each other.

If the US had stayed out of WWI, WWII would have likely never happened. Learn from history.

frank4570
04-28-2013, 19:36
Learn from history.

You're asking for too much.

Kozel
04-28-2013, 21:01
[B]I disagree, and my point remains, .

You can disagree until you are blue in the face but the fact is US DID NOT win WWII. US was a part of alliance that did.
4 out of 5 German soldiers killed were killed in fighting Red Army 1 out of 5 were killed by all other opponents. At least some historian on History Channel said so.

04-28-2013, 21:43
At the end of WWII Western allies US, Britain, Canada… all combined had 80+ divisions in Europe. USSR had 200+. And how many of those 200+ divisions were actually real and not on paper at the end of the war?

There are two sides to Lend Lease story. American historians say “we sent you 300 (crappy) tanks in 1941.” Soviet/Russian historians say “Thank you very much. We got 12 of them”.So none of the food, and supplies and aircraft like the P-39/P-63s means anything, right? There were a lot of soviet aces from those P39s.

After slaughter in the Atlantic there was another slaughter on the way to USSR. No significant amount of Lend lease materials reached USSR until after Kursk battle.
You know the US was sending supplies through the Alaska and Siberia, right?

You do realize that was BEFORE WWII? During and by the end of WWII Soviet Army was a very different force. Even in the continuation war they still had trouble with the Finns. See the casualty figures below.

By the way there was another war in the East where Soviets kicked Japanese arses badly. Ever heard of that one? The very same Japanese that took over much of Asia couple of years later. Winter War 1939-40
Russo Japanese war 1904-1905. The 40 years vs one is a huge difference.:rofl:

Because of that war Japanese kept one million strong army in Manchuria all though the WWII. If not for Soviets Japanese could send that army against US and Britain. War in the Asia would be very different then. How?

War in Finland was not a total loss either. Soviet took and kept something like 1/3 of Finland.
At what cost?
Winter War casualties:

Finland ~70k
USSR ~323k

Continuation War casualties:

Finland ~ 275k
USSR ~835k

What's the loss ratio? It's kinda bad for the soviets, huh?

Actually most of the fighting over Korea was done by barely trained Korean pilots. They had a “crash course” where they were told “Press this button to go “boom”, pull this lever to go up” and then they were sent off to fight.Really? Then explain the number of soviet aces, please.

Soviet Order of battle, Korea
http://www.korean-war.com/ussrairorderofbattle.html

Russian aces:
http://acepilots.com/russian/rus_aces.html

http://www.airforcemag.com/MagazineArchive/Pages/1991/February%201991/0291russians.aspx

noway
04-29-2013, 02:54
Kozel has it right, as a non-Allied player, we haven't done to well on our own outside of Panama.

Some would say we won the battles in Somalia by the death toll, but look at that country today and then tell me if we really won.

Both Gulf wars, where Allied backed and NATO sponsored. If we went into Syria as-is and by ourselves, the outcome could be disasterous for all including more anti-M.E. i would bet also, just like with Iran, players from neighbor countries would send mercs to join with the insurgents and fighters against US occupation.

Instead of the US trying to fix everybody else problems, we need to focus on our own.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 08:42
And how many of those 200+ divisions were actually real and not on paper at the end of the war?

They were all real do not kid yourself. Very real battle hardened by years of fighting.

So none of the food, and supplies and aircraft like the P-39/P-63s means anything, right? There were a lot of soviet aces from those P39s.

Most of US aid did not get there until late 1943. That is what I said before and that is what you are saying now. Aces were made in later part of the war after tide and direction of the war was changed.

Even in the continuation war they still had trouble with the Finns. See the casualty figures below.

Do you even realize that you are talking about different war?
By the way. You may not know that but US was not even involved in that one. So what is your point?

Tell me which war since war with Spain US won by itself?

Lior
04-29-2013, 08:47
Folks, you must understand how tribalism works. There is a pattern in the Middle East of countries being held together by strong and not so gentle dictators. When people do not fear them and the central government regime collapses, people start fighting each other over tribal divides. If Assad's government collapses, I am suspecting that Syria will end up just as successful as Iraq, albeit without the oil.

cowboywannabe
04-29-2013, 08:57
Folks, you must understand how tribalism works. There is a pattern in the Middle East of countries being held together by strong and not so gentle dictators. When people do not fear them and the central government regime collapses, people start fighting each other over tribal divides. If Assad's government collapses, I am suspecting that Syria will end up just as successful as Iraq, albeit without the oil.

this..............

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 09:58

It's all depends on how far the US wanted to win their hearts and minds.

Tribalism, culturalism, whatever, can be bred out from them.

If the US were to go in and fully conquer the country, then forcibly subjugate the people, setting up McDonald's, Starbuck's, Wal-Mart, porn stores, the usual American decadence. Also having American males interfacing with the young female adults and intermarry, breeding out American kids....give it two generations and it'll be just fine.

04-29-2013, 10:45
They were all real do not kid yourself. Very real battle hardened by years of fighting.
By the time the battle of Berlin came around the losses were so high that some some of those divisions were really regiments.

Most of US aid did not get there until late 1943. That is what I said before and that is what you are saying now. Aces were made in later part of the war after tide and direction of the war was changed. If you say so.

Do you even realize that you are talking about different war? Umm the Winter War/Continuation War happened from 1939 - 1944. That would be at the same time as WW2 and in the same area.

By the way. You may not know that but US was not even involved in that one. Where did I mention US involvement in the winter/continuation war? Where?

So what is your point? The point is high causalities and soviet tactics which leads me to doubt the "200+" divisions you claimed.

Tell me which war since war with Spain US won by itself? Simply put, we don't go to war by ourselves - but we are the bulk of military, supplies, and people in any war we're involved in.

Observation: Your praise of the Soviets leads me to think that you may be from the former USSR....

Kozel
04-29-2013, 10:53

Simply put, we don't go to war by ourselves...

Finally! After all the BS about all the unrelated stuff…

US does not go to war by itself because it has no history of winning one by itself since war with Spain. That was before de-industrialization and de-balling by political correctness of this country. What makes you think US can win any wars now?

Who will ally with US in war on Syria? Frenchies and battalion of transsexuals from formerly great Britain?

Syria is just a province of Iran (thanks to US removing Saddam).

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 10:58

US does not go to war by itself because it has no history of winning one by itself since war with Spain. That was before de-industrialization and de-balling by political correctness of this country. What makes you think US can win any wars now?

That has to be the stupidest thing ever said.

The reason why America doesn't go to war on its own is because of geopolitics. America doesn't want to look like the "bad guy" and thus sought alliances and supports from other countries.

Who do you think did the bulk of the fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan? Great Britain? Poland?

Let's talk about WWII again, the Soviets and their 200 divisions of poorly armed men and women may have been a nuissance to the Nazis but that's about it. Even if the Nazi were to have taken their Eastern Front forces to reinforce their Western Front forces, it'd be a matter of time because American forces worn their asses down. Sure, there would have been more American deaths and destructions but sure as Christ made the green apples, Germany would have lost the war.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 11:11
Who do you think did the bulk of the fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan? Great Britain? Poland?

And the result of such a great fighting is….?

Most of the country controlled by Iran. The rest of the country is in the state of civil war. Did you check news lately?

04-29-2013, 11:18

Who will ally with US in war on Syria? Frenchies and battalion of transsexuals from formerly great Britain?

Syria is just a province of Iran (thanks to US removing Saddam).
Neither does your beloved USSR/Russia. BTW, all the BS I was responding to was brought up by you.

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 11:20
And the result of such a great fighting is….?

Most of the country controlled by Iran. The rest of the country is in the state of civil war. Did you check news lately?

How great is your Soviet Union when it came to winning wars?

Chechnya? :rofl:

Kozel
04-29-2013, 11:21
Neither does your beloved USSR.

Speak for yourself. You can love USSR all you want.

If you cannot answer one simple question maybe somebody else can.

When was the last time US won the war by itself? Since the war with Spain that is.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 11:26
How great is your Soviet Union when it came to winning wars?

Chechnya? :rofl:

Naa. Soviet Union is all yours. Love it all you want. Unlike you I care about this country. My home and the only country I am citizen of. I see my country going down the drain while singing brouhaha songs and pounding the chest with “pride”.

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 11:26
No. Soviet union is all yours. Love it all you want. Unlike you I care about this country. My home and only country I am citizen of. I see my country going down the drain while singing brouhaha songs and pounding the chest with “pride”.

Sure, you care about America.

04-29-2013, 11:29
Speak for yourself. You can love USSR all you want.

If you cannot answer one simple question maybe somebody else can.

When was the last time US won the war by itself? Since the war with Spain that is.
Your loving praise of the Soviets and their 200+ paper divisions says it all.

I almost forgot, your beloved soviets were beat making an atomic bomb, hydrogen bomb, breaking the sound barrier, to the moon and the Cold War among others.

Besides you said I already answered your question.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 11:31
Sure, you care about America.

Since you do not, you will never understand one that does.

You care about proving mindless brouhaha points and saving faces. I just want to have safe and prosperous country for me and my child to live in.

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 11:34
Since you do not, you will never understand one that does.

You care about proving mindless brouhaha points and saving faces. I just want to have safe and prosperous country for me and my child to live in.

And you love the commies. How many posts have you made in defense of Mother Russia? I'll bet that your favorite phrase is, "Da, tovarische!!!"

Kozel
04-29-2013, 11:35
Your loving praise of the Soviets and their 200+ paper divisions says it all.

I almost forgot, your beloved soviets were beat making an atomic bomb, hydrogen bomb, breaking the sound barrier, to the moon and the Cold War among others.

Like I said before. Soviet Union is all yours. I only care about my country. My home, my only home. Obsess about countries that are not even there all you want.

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 11:36
Like I said before. Soviet Union is all yours. I only care about my country. My home, my only home. Obsess about countries that are not even there all you want.

We weren't the one lauding praises about the Soviet Union and had all its stats down pat.:dunno:

Kozel
04-29-2013, 11:37
And you love the commies. How many posts have you made in defense of Mother Russia? I'll bet that your favorite phrase is, "Da, tovarische!!!"

Speak for yourself again. The only commies I love are the dead ones and the only country I care about is the only one I am citizen of.

OctoberRust
04-29-2013, 11:39

Yeah! Sure! Let’s start and loose another one!

I think you're about to "loose" this argument.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 11:43
I think you're about to "loose" this argument.

You already lost yours since the only argument you have is the one little “o” in accidentally misspelled word. If that is all you have then you definitely lost.

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 11:45
You already lost yours since the only argument you have is the one little “o” in accidentally misspelled word. If that is all you have then you definitely lost.

And you lost yours when you claimed that America can't win wars while the Russians can.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 11:46
And you lost yours when you claimed that America can't win wars while the Russians can.

Quote me. Liar.

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 11:47
Quote me. Liar.

You're the liar. Pants on fire.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 11:50
You're the liar. Pants on fire.

Very childish. Are you about five years old? You sure sound like one. Did your mom changed your diaper today?

04-29-2013, 11:52
Your praising the soviets and now the back pedaling says it all. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Keep posting, though.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 11:56
Your praising the soviets and now the back pedaling says it all. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Keep posting, though.

Well. First. You cannot read. That is the fact because I never praised Soviets. Second. You are rolling on the floor crying. I guess your diaper is full too. Cry louder. Your mommy in on the way.

OctoberRust
04-29-2013, 12:07
Very childish. Are you about five years old? You sure sound like one. Did your mom changed your diaper today?

Did your mom changed your diaper?

First you mix up lose with loose, and now it's did your mom "changed" your diaper? :rofl:

This just keeps on getting better and better..... This really is a "loosing" proposition for you. :rofl:

Kozel
04-29-2013, 12:12
Did your mom changed your diaper?

First you mix up lose with loose, and now it's did your mom "changed" your diaper? :rofl:

This just keeps on getting better and better..... This really is a "loosing" proposition for you. :rofl:

Losers grasp on to accidentally misspelled words, straws and poop in diapers loooong (misspelled) after they loose argument based on facts. Thank you very much for demonstrating that clearly.

04-29-2013, 12:16
Well. First. You cannot read. That is the fact because I never praised Soviets. Second. You are rolling on the floor crying. I guess your diaper is full too. Cry louder. Your mommy in on the way.

You brought up the Soviets first.

At the end of WWII Western allies US, Britain, Canada… all combined had 80+ divisions in Europe. USSR had 200+.

There are two sides to Lend Lease story. American historians say “we sent you 300 (crappy) tanks in 1941.” Soviet/Russian historians say “Thank you very much. We got 12 of them”.

You do realize that was BEFORE WWII? During and by the end of WWII Soviet Army was a very different force.

By the way there was another war in the East where Soviets kicked Japanese arses badly. Ever heard of that one? The very same Japanese that took over much of Asia couple of years later.

Because of that war Japanese kept one million strong army in Manchuria all though the WWII. If not for Soviets Japanese could send that army against US and Britain. War in the Asia would be very different then.

Actually most of the fighting over Korea was done by barely trained Korean pilots. They had a “crash course” where they were told “Press this button to go “boom”, pull this lever to go up” and then they were sent off to fight.

Says you.

All I am saying is that US did not win WWII. US was a part of the group that did.

Other then Grenada which war US won by itself? I cannot think of one since the war with Spain.

Most of US aid did not get there until late 1943. That is what I said before and that is what you are saying now. Aces were made in later part of the war after tide and direction of the war was changed.

Do you even realize that you are talking about different war?
By the way. You may not know that but US was not even involved in that one. So what is your point?

Tell me which war since war with Spain US won by itself?

Looks like praise for the soviets to me.

Your claims have been disproven - reinforced by the fact that you ignore the points made by others and myself in your subsequent posts.

BTW, your attempt at a personal insult was weak, at best. Try again.

OctoberRust
04-29-2013, 12:19
Losers grasp on to accidentally misspelled words, straws and poop in diapers loooong (misspelled) after they loose argument based on facts. Thank you very much for demonstrating that clearly.

Damn, you got me. I loost. :rofl:

Wait, if you read any of my posts, you don't even know how or what I advocate as far as foreign policy goes. You were too busy getting your panties worked up in a bunch though to realize that.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 12:22
Looks like praise for the soviets to me.

No surprise. Children cannot tell facts from preferences. Only adults can. Facts are not always pretty.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 12:24
Damn, you got me. I loost. .

Tell me something I do not know.

coastal4974
04-29-2013, 13:15
I am against going into Syria because I don't see any national interest for the USA to do so.

That said, I despise such defeatist mantra "another war we can't win". The wars we "lost" were due to Leftist subversion and widespread poltroonery on the homefront rather than from a lack of US military power.

I totally agree with you on the reson we have not won a war. But that still doesn't change the fact that this country will not do what is necessary to win a war and assimilate their soceity.
Until that changes we can't win so lets just stay home and not get our people killed for nothing.

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 13:43
No surprise. Children cannot tell facts from preferences. Only adults can. Facts are not always pretty.

Is that why you refuse to admit that you're a pinko lover? Even though the facts speak for itself?

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 13:45

My mom didn't, but your mom did.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 14:02
My mom didn't, but your mom did.

No wonder you are so pissy. Your mom does not change your diaper!
My mom changed your diaper? Thank you for proving that you are not even potty trained yet.

Never Nervous
04-29-2013, 14:56
Just what we don't need, another pseudo war with no end. Hope you don't have friends or loved ones who would be putting their welfare on the line. It's easy for someone to say let's kick some a** when they have no skin in the game.:dunno:
NN

The Maggy
04-29-2013, 15:07

Let me just go ahead and correct you here.

Russia might have had a small chance at overcoming the Nazis without a second front being opened. Hitler had pushed just about as far west as he could go, if those forces had the chance to be redirected east...Russia would have been broken through superior technology and numbers.

Now the second front... You are suggesting that it was opened in large part by forces other than the U.S. I suggest you read up on Operation Overlord and Operation Shingle. The british wouldn't have moved if they didn't have the U.S. either matching or beating their troop numbers. America played a huge roll is the victory in Europe and America was almost solely responsible for the victory in the Pacific.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 15:16
Russia might have had a small chance at overcoming the Nazis without a second front being opened.

Second front was opened up long after tide of war was turned. Long after Stalingrad and Kursk. US and Brits did not want all of the Europe to become “Warsaw Pact”.

My point in this topic is that US did not win WWII by itself but only as a part of an alliance where other countries had very large parts. By itself US did not win any wars since Spanish war unless you count Grenada.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 15:20
America was almost solely responsible for the victory in the Pacific.

Somebody needs to hit history books!

Brits fought Japanese tooth and nail all over Asia. Then there was a million+ strong Manchurian Army tied up by Soviets.

04-29-2013, 16:36
No surprise. Children cannot tell facts from preferences. Only adults can.
Calling names. The adults I know don't resort to name calling. I have to wonder how old you are both physically and most importantly mentally.

Facts are not always pretty.

That's right facts are not always pretty especially when, you, Kozel, have been proven factually wrong on this thread.

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 16:40
No wonder you are so pissy. Your mom does not change your diaper!
My mom changed your diaper? Thank you for proving that you are not even potty trained yet.

You just hate it because your mom loves me more than you. She always said to me, "fnfalman, I wish that my son isn't such a pinko commie sympathizer, and also I wish that he's more handsome and smart like you."

oldman11
04-29-2013, 16:41
Good point.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 16:54
You just hate it because your mom loves me more than you. She always said to me, "fnfalman, I wish that my son isn't such a pinko commie sympathizer, and also I wish that he's more handsome and smart like you."

You already proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are not old enough to be potty trained and your mother does not care about you so my mom has to change your diaper. Now, after all that you want to be taken seriously?

You could not make bigger fool of yourself if you tried….. but you are still trying.

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 16:57
You already proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are not old enough to be potty trained and your mother does not care about you so my mom has to change your diaper. Now, after all that you want to be taken seriously?

You could not make bigger fool of yourself if you tried….. but you are still trying.

Speaking of fools, have you looked in the mirror lately? If you haven't, by all means, do take a look.

Your mom still likes me more because I'm cooler than you.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 17:03
That's right facts are not always pretty especially when, you, Kozel, have been proven factually wrong on this thread.

Prove my facts wrong.

Just because you call 200 divisions “paper” it does not means that they were. Oh by the way many of 80 divisions by Western allies were at about half strength.

How about you answer one simple question. Which war did US win by itself since Spanish war?
Is this question too hard for you?

Kozel
04-29-2013, 17:06
Your mom still likes me more because I'm cooler than you.

Well. My mom is dead so if you like to be liked by dead people then it is ok with me.

04-29-2013, 17:23
Prove my facts wrong. I already have but you ignored them and cherry pick my posts for the parts you're willing/able to answer.

Just because you call 200 divisions “paper” it does not means that they were. Show us an order of battle like the one I've given you below. With 9,750,000 military soviet KIA, how many were full divisions? http://www.secondworldwarhistory.com/world-war-2-statistics.asp
We know how communists love propaganda - after all you believe them.

Oh by the way many of 80 divisions by Western allies were at about half strength.
Look for yourself.
USA
http://www.history.army.mil/documents/ETO-OB/ETOOB-TOC.htm

USMC
http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USMC/V/USMC-V-I-3.html

US Navy
http://www.history.navy.mil/special%20highlights/wwiipacific/WWIIPac-index.htm

How about you answer one simple question. Which war did US win by itself since Spanish war?
Is this question too hard for you?You said I already answered it:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20230946&postcount=77

Feel free to call me names if you think it'll help you make your point.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 17:31
I already have but you ignored them and cherry pick my posts for the parts you're willing/able to answer.

Show us an order of battle like the one I've given you below. With 9,750,000 military KIA, how many were full divisions? http://www.secondworldwarhistory.com/world-war-2-statistics.asp
We know how communists are great at propaganda:

Look for yourself.
USA
http://www.history.army.mil/documents/ETO-OB/ETOOB-TOC.htm

USMC
http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USMC/V/USMC-V-I-3.html

US Navy
http://www.history.navy.mil/special%20highlights/wwiipacific/WWIIPac-index.htm

You said I already answered it:

Feel free to call me names if you think it'll help you make your point.

Why don't you post something related to the topic and answer one simple question? Which war did US win by itself since Spanish war?

04-29-2013, 17:36
Why don't you post something related to the topic and answer one simple question? Which war did US win by itself since Spanish war?You said I already answered it. I even provided a link to your post. What more do you want?

I see you wouldn't/couldn't answer any of the points I've made. I addressed every one of your points.

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 18:56
Well. My mom is dead so if you like to be liked by dead people then it is ok with me.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Fox
04-29-2013, 20:31
Stay out of Syria. From the US perspective the current situation is a win win. You have Russian backed Islamist killing and being killed by Islamist back by the Muslim Brotherhood. We just need to stay out and let them kill each other.

If the US had stayed out of WWI, WWII would have likely never happened. Learn from history.

Agreed

Kozel
04-29-2013, 20:33
Liar, liar, pants on fire.

You never get tired of making fool of yourself. Disgusting fool and working on making yourself even more disgusting. Keep going. Work harder.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 20:39
You said I already answered it. I even provided a link to your post. What more do you want?

I see you wouldn't/couldn't answer any of the points I've made. I addressed every one of your points.

I asked you one simple question, four pages later and numerous posts full of BS you cannot answer it still.

Since war with Spain which war did US win by itself?

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 20:42
I asked you one simple question, four pages later and numerous posts full of BS you cannot answer it still.

Grenada invasion and Panama invasion.

Next question?

BTW, you looose we win.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 20:45
Grenada invasion and Panama invasion.

Next question?

BTW, you looose we win.

In case if you did not notice I mentioned Grenada few times before. Panama in now owned by Chinese in case if you did not know.

Great brouhaha police of the world won the war in tiny island nation of Grenada! US defeated army of 1200 and 3 BTRs....by sending 7600 troops! Hurray!

Could you even imagine more pathetic answer then that?

I am sure you can.

04-29-2013, 20:55

I'll quote myself for you:

You said I already answered it. I even provided a link to your post. What more do you want?

Here's the link:
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20232019#post20232019

Kozel
04-29-2013, 21:01
I'll quote myself for you:

At least that other guy who needs my mother to change his diaper said Grenada. You cannot even manage that much.

Which war since war with Spain did US win by itself?

04-29-2013, 21:23
At least that other guy who needs my mother to change his diaper said Grenada. You cannot even manage that much.

Which war since war with Spain did US win by itself?

You said I already answered your inane question so I'm going with your first response.

Besides, you can't/won't address any of my points.

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 21:26

Obviously you didn't know squat because your mom taught me because she loved me more than she loved you.

I said Grenada and Panama. Two wars.

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 21:28
In case if you did not notice I mentioned Grenada few times before. Panama in now owned by Chinese in case if you did not know.

If you already knew about Grenada then why asked a stupid question? As far as Panama goes, who cares if the Chinese owned it now? America kicked Panama's ass in like two hours.

Great brouhaha police of the world won the war in tiny island nation of Grenada! US defeated army of 1200 and 3 BTRs....by sending 7600 troops! Hurray!

Could you even imagine more pathetic answer then that?

I am sure you can.

Yes, I can, your looooser Soviet Union got its ass handed by its own satellite country Chechnya. Haha!!!

.[/QUOTE]

Kozel
04-29-2013, 21:34
who cares if the Chinese owned it now? America kicked Panama's ass in like two hours.

I knew that of all people you could come up with even more pathetic answer then before!
Thank you.

From Wikipedia:

Panama is the second country in Latin America (the other being Costa Rica) to permanently abolish standing armies, leaving it with only small para-military forces.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 21:38
You said I already answered your inane question.

Dog that chases his own tail is more direct then you. You keep quoting yourself while not answering question even that guy with full diaper could.

04-29-2013, 21:48
Dog that chases his own tail is more direct then you. You keep quoting yourself while not answering question even that guy with full diaper could.

How many times do I have to tell you I already answered your inane question? I already answered it. You said so.

Click the link. It's in your own words and from my post you cherry picked because you couldn't/wouldn't answer anything else.

Read it! Understand it, if you can.

If you keep asking me the same question over and over, I'm just going to quote this post over and over.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 21:49
How many times do I have to tell you I already answered your inane question? I already answered it. .

04-29-2013, 21:52

Here you go:

How many times do I have to tell you I already answered your inane question? I already answered it. You said so.

Click the link. It's in your own words and from my post you cherry picked because you couldn't/wouldn't answer anything else.

If you keep asking me the same question over and over, I'm just going to quote this post over and over.

Cybercowboy
04-29-2013, 21:54
This thread proves my signature to be most prescient...

cgwahl
04-29-2013, 21:54
Seeing as how Assad is not a nice guy. And a good chunk of the rebels, when they aren't shooting at Assad's army, are shooting at US soldiers in Afghanistan...not to mention a few of the groups have outright said they swear allegiance to Al Qaeda. Not to mention cheer when bad stuff happens in the US...

I vote we stay out of it.

Sucks that a lot of people have died in the last few years, but war isn't fun.

Kozel
04-29-2013, 21:55
Here you go:

instead of quoting yourself over and over why not answer simple question?

04-29-2013, 22:01
instead of quoting yourself over and over why not answer simple question?

One more time:

Kozel
04-29-2013, 22:02
One more time:

04-29-2013, 22:05
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...6&postcount=77 (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20230946&postcount=77)

Glockworks
04-30-2013, 04:35
what about Iran and North Korea?

Let's invade those, too.

Also, we could invade the moon, and build a moon base!

and....and...... :supergrin:
Iran and North Korea are different than Syria. Soon they will be able to (and will do so) shoot nukes right into our country. Waiting for them to do so is STUPID.

Syria is a civil war, we at most should back up the side that will be best for us (if there is a side).

Glockworks
04-30-2013, 04:38
The war against the Japanese during the commonly called WW2. The minuscule help from the allies was not worth mentioning in that portion (Pacific Theatre) of the so called WW2.

FLIPPER 348
04-30-2013, 08:05
Iran and North Korea are different than Syria. Soon they will be able to (and will do so) shoot nukes right into our country. Waiting for them to do so is STUPID.

If waiting is stupid what do you recommend we should do?

Glockworks
04-30-2013, 14:02
If waiting is stupid what do you recommend we should do?
Not having all the resources that our National Command Authority has would inhibit my ability to give a good recommendation. If we do nothing though, I think I can predict whom will be shooting at us, with nukes.

What are your recommendations?

fnfalman
04-30-2013, 14:48
I knew that of all people you could come up with even more pathetic answer then before!
Thank you.

From Wikipedia:

Panama is the second country in Latin America (the other being Costa Rica) to permanently abolish standing armies, leaving it with only small para-military forces.

That's because America kicked Panama's asses and forbade it to have a real armed forces any more.

So who's pathetic now?

Your loser Soviet Union still couldn't defeat a handful of Chechyans.

fg17
05-01-2013, 02:14
Define win, we pretty much kick ass and take names where ever we go. Now when we leave whatever crap hole were in and the new goverment cant keep it togather, well thats a differnt deal all togather.
As for WWII we could of just beat japan and came back home and put a big wall around the country so to speak. Instead we went to Europe and pretty much saved the world.
No I do not think we should take over Syria, I say keep our money and troops here.

glockaviator
05-01-2013, 13:54
Cost of Iraq and Afghan war is somewhere around 6 trillion dollars (about the size of the deficit for those years). And you want to get involved in ANOTHER war?

The USA spends as much as the WHOLE REST OF THE WORLD on defense. It's one reason why we are hurting financially.

One reason why the USA did so well in the 1990's was we had a "peace dividend" (from 1992 to 2001, no wars).

Not to mention all the dead and wounded.

Sheesh...

fx77
05-01-2013, 15:48
Let the fire burn itself out...

GlockPistola
05-01-2013, 22:04

Here is a rifle and a parachute, watch your head as you climb on that transport plane. We'll call Assad to let him know you are on your way to kick his butt all by yourself. We need to go back to the days when the leaders didn't just sacrifice other people's children in wars like they do today, but actually led the troops into battle. I bet you if that were the case today, the world would be a much more peaceful place since we have only coward politicians making those decisions.

Camdenbullit52
05-02-2013, 15:55
No oil!!! Piss on em, let em kill each other!

douggmc
05-02-2013, 16:01
I haven't read through the whole thread, but scanned a couple pages and am frankly surprised JBinTX and crew aren't in here beating the nationalistic drums of war and advocating we nuke Syria.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)