Boston Terrorist Question? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Boston Terrorist Question?

Adjuster
04-26-2013, 11:38
After they stole the SUV and had the shootout with the task force how did the younger brother get away? I know about him running over the brother and all but why were authorities not able or why did they not pursue him? Did the terrorists somehow disable all the chase vehicles with their bombs and shooting? It is very difficult or next to impossible for an everyday traffic offender to ditch a single police car and radio. How did this terrorist being chased by an elite group of terrorist hunting law enforcement ditch them in a car chase?

/

stolenphot0
04-26-2013, 11:41
smokescreen

Rancher
04-26-2013, 11:43
I think he just got VERY lucky.

My big question right now is if the Metro PD officer got hit by "friendly fire". Cops shot over 200 rounds and the brothers had a single Ruger semi-auto pistol. Will truly suck if that is the case.

Rancher

Adjuster
04-26-2013, 11:44
I think he just got VERY lucky.

My big question right now is if the Metro PD officer got hit by "friendly fire". Cops shot over 200 rounds and the brothers had a single Ruger semi-auto pistol. Will truly suck if that is the case.

Rancher

YIKES! I haven't heard about this yet.

/

Gonetodarkside
04-26-2013, 11:46
cloaking device?

A guy I know is what I will call a highly decorated vet from Vietnam. One day on patrol a gook jumped up between him and the man in front of him. He was unable to shoot said gook because of the likelihood of hitting his buddy. A fight ensued. My friend was even on top of the guy, on the ground, for a minute beating the crap out of him. All of a sudden he was gone. The platoon spent the better part of an hour looking for him and found nothing. Must have crawled into a spider hole, but the point was that sometimes people get lucky and slip away.

Bruce M
04-26-2013, 11:48
How fast do you run toward two guys who have just thrown explosive devices at you?

itstime
04-26-2013, 11:48
Ever watch a James Bond movie? Smoke and oil......

Makes a rational person go Hummmmm.....

Adjuster
04-26-2013, 11:54
How fast do you run toward two guys who have just thrown explosive devices at you?

LOL, I think the answer is very fast. The closer you are to them the better. Isn't this true in any kind of fight? I would be wrapped up on one of them like cling wrap!

/

CAcop
04-26-2013, 12:05
Odds are in the middle of a firefight you are most likely on foot outside of your car. I once had a guy drive off when I was at the front bumper of my car. By the time I was back in my car and in drive he had made a left turn and was halfway down the block. By the time I made the same turn he was making another left. By the time I made that turn he was gone. He of course was driving it like he stole it because he did and I was driving it like I would get suspended or convicted of manslaughter if I ****ed up.

From what I understand the firefight took place at around 50 yards or so. They were using their cars as cover. They ran up to get to one brother and the other took off. Their cars were 50 yards away. I was 20 feet away from the car that bailed on me. 50 yards is a hell of a head start. Assuming their cars were functional after being used as bullet stoppers.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

ray9898
04-26-2013, 12:32
Odds are in the middle of a firefight you are most likely on foot outside of your car.

That is my guess. It only takes a few seconds head start in a vehicle to get away. The perimeter is what kept him contained.

CitizenOfDreams
04-26-2013, 13:44
He probably used license plate flippers.

RichJ
04-26-2013, 13:56
He of course was driving it like he stole it because he did and I was driving it like I would get suspended or convicted of manslaughter if I ****ed up.

Um... Does anyone else see the uncensored potty word in this post? It shows in the OP but for some reason is censored in the quote.

That's never happened before; to me at least.

harlenm
04-26-2013, 14:05
Um... Does anyone else see the uncensored potty word in this post? It shows in the OP but for some reason is censored in the quote.

That's never happened before; to me at least.

Yes, the swear filter doesn't always work, for some strange reason.

edit, I think if you post from tapatalk or OHubcampfire it doesn't censor it.

CAcop
04-26-2013, 14:29
Yes, the swear filter doesn't always work, for some strange reason.

edit, I think if you post from tapatalk or OHubcampfire it doesn't censor it.

I posted from Ohub. If you read it on Ohub it shows up. If you read it from the regular site it is filtered. An interesting glitch to say the least.

RichJ
04-26-2013, 14:34
I posted from Ohub. If you read it on Ohub it shows up. If you read it from the regular site it is filtered. An interesting glitch to say the least.
Nope. I'm on the regular site from my desktop and can see it.

You da' bad man! :shame:

JBG30
04-26-2013, 14:44
Nope. I'm on the regular site from my desktop and can see it.

You da' bad man! :shame:

Same here.

Although I didn't notice it until it was pointed out.

Booker
04-26-2013, 16:28
Suspect #2 walked away! Then again, judging by the size of the Police Officers I've seen in the media, I'd be surprised if those coppers could make it from the cruiser to the front door of the Donut Shop without having a Heart Attack!

VA27
04-26-2013, 19:52
...I was driving it like I would get suspended or convicted of manslaughter if I ****ed up...

The average non-LE citizen does not grasp the brutal and absolute truth of this statement. Catching the bad guy is good, but maiming or killing an innocent in the process will get you a slot in the unemployment line and possibly an adjoining cell with said miscreant...and chances are pretty good he'll be out before you are.

Losing the chase sux. Being able to try again the next day: Priceless.

czsmithGT
04-26-2013, 20:16
How did this terrorist being chased by an elite group of terrorist hunting law enforcement ditch them in a car chase?

/

During the arrest of the older bomber, the younger bomber drove away in the hijacked SUV then abandoned it down the street and took off on foot to hide. Here is an eyewitness account with pictures the witness took on his iPhone.

http://www.getonhand.com/blogs/news/7743337-boston-bombing-suspect-shootout-pictures

THEPOPE
04-26-2013, 20:31
According to a news source, NBC, the younger POS got in the SUV, floored it, had a good head of speed up, runs over his bro, and into a police car barricade, slamming between them, knocking them out of the way, and escapes...

WHY no one was on him like a priest on a choir-boy, I don't know....it seems no one even followed him...but this is NBC, could be all wrong, to the media, this matters NOT...

In any case ( pulling a Hillary here...) what does it matter now ? ? huh, punk ? ? had it been Chelsie victim of a crime, and gets killt, she won't mind if someone walks up and screams at her..." what, at this juncture, does it matter who or how she was kiilt ? ?

I am out...and YES, IT MATTERS....dc...:cool:

Adjuster
04-26-2013, 20:43
During the arrest of the older bomber, the younger bomber drove away in the hijacked SUV then abandoned it down the street and took off on foot to hide. Here is an eyewitness account with pictures the witness took on his iPhone.

http://www.getonhand.com/blogs/news/7743337-boston-bombing-suspect-shootout-pictures

Those are amazing photos and a personal account of what happened. Thanks for the link.

/

G23Gen4TX
04-26-2013, 22:54

And proof that Tamerlan Tsernaev was not alive and taken into custody then killed by police.

I wish it was a video.

czsmithGT
05-01-2013, 05:09
Now there are new claims that the US government was warned in writing about Tamerlan Tsarnaev by another country- Saudi Arabia.

So we were warned about him by by both Russia and Saudi Arabia and we did nothing about it? Some people in DHS and FBI have a lot to answer for.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2317493/Saudi-official-Kingdom-warned-United-States-IN-WRITING-Boston-Bomber-Tamerlan-Tsarnaev-2012-rejected-application-entry-visa-visit-Mecca-2011.html

walt cowan
05-01-2013, 05:21
audio from the gun fight shows that the two brothers had tried to give up but, the police kept right on firing. the younger of the two ran away on foot. one witness has claimed the older was hit by a police suv and shot after being ran over by the same. now it's reported the all the police injuries were from friendly fire. but hey, the government has never lied to me....how about you?

czsmithGT
05-01-2013, 05:55
audio from the gun fight shows that the two brothers had tried to give up ...

No it doesn't.

DanaT
05-01-2013, 06:01
No it doesn't.

Yes it does

czsmithGT
05-01-2013, 06:39
Yes it does

No, it doesn't.

SC Tiger
05-01-2013, 06:48
LOL, I think the answer is very fast. The closer you are to them the better. Isn't this true in any kind of fight? I would be wrapped up on one of them like cling wrap!

/

I would think it depends on if you believe the BG has a suicide vest on or plans to blow himself up and take as many people as possible with him. This came out after the fact but I don't know how soon the PD knew it.

IMO this is why the PD was shooting at the boat when the younger brother was in it. They either wanted to make him come out peacibly or kill him so he would not be able to detonate anything. (Unofficially of course).

This is just a theory - I have no info.

Plus, I think where they were is a pretty densly populated area.

Overall, he just got lucky as ####.

SC Tiger
05-01-2013, 06:50
audio from the gun fight shows that the two brothers had tried to give up but, the police kept right on firing.

Gunfights are loud. #### happens.

Hate it for the police injured, no matter how they got hurt.

The Fist Of Goodness
05-01-2013, 08:59
Now there are new claims that the US government was warned in writing about Tamerlan Tsarnaev by another country- Saudi Arabia.

So we were warned about him by by both Russia and Saudi Arabia and we did nothing about it? Some people in DHS and FBI have a lot to answer for.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2317493/Saudi-official-Kingdom-warned-United-States-IN-WRITING-Boston-Bomber-Tamerlan-Tsarnaev-2012-rejected-application-entry-visa-visit-Mecca-2011.html

I hate to break it to you, but we let known bad guys unto this country every GD day, and until they break the law, there is little that the FBI or DHS can do but watch, and hope they get them before they do something. State Department is, in my experience, the real culprit. They give these maggots Visas and then, when called on it, tell the LE agencies its their problem now.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Paul53
05-01-2013, 13:31
Flux capacitor.