Muzzled [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Muzzled

SGT HATRED
04-26-2013, 21:15
So I'm at a sushi joint with my wife and 10 of her co-workers. There is a no guns sign posted on the door. The table next to us had a birthday and the staff came over with a tamberine(sp?) and startled everyone when they sang their little song. One of her co-workers said

"thank god their are no guns in here"

I so wanted to point out how dumb her comment was but the misses immediately gave me the "you better not" look before I had the chance... I am carrying my lcp iwb and no I wouldn't have pulled it out because of the unexpected loud noise...

captdreifus
04-27-2013, 14:33
Why would you tell someone that you are concealed carrying? Defeats the purpose, no?:wavey:

audiomechanic
04-27-2013, 15:03
Why would you tell someone that you are concealed carrying? Defeats the purpose, no?:wavey:

He didn't. Unless you meant here on GNG.

Sent from my orifice.

captdreifus
04-27-2013, 15:05
He didn't. Unless you meant here on GNG.

Sent from my orifice.

He was about to say something about carrying until his wife stopped him.....

GVFlyer
04-27-2013, 15:15

Always carry; never tell.

GD2J
04-27-2013, 15:19
He was about to say something about carrying until his wife stopped him.....

No, he was about to tell the wife's coworker how stupid her comment was, not that he was carrying in a posted establishment.

captdreifus
04-27-2013, 15:22
No, he was about to tell the wife's coworker how stupid her comment was, not that he was carrying in a posted establishment.

Telling a person how dumb their comment is, usually alludes that...

WarCry
04-27-2013, 15:53
Nice to see that you completely disregard private property owner rights when you decide you disagree with them and they shouldn't apply to you.

NeverMore1701
04-27-2013, 16:11
Nice to see that you completely disregard private property owner rights when you decide you disagree with them and they shouldn't apply to you.

I disregard no guns signs all the time, as they're usually not 30.06 compliant and therefore have no legal weight.

SGT HATRED
04-27-2013, 16:30
Always carry; never tell.

This.

captdreifus
04-27-2013, 16:42
I disregard no guns signs all the time, as they're usually not 30.06 compliant and therefore have no legal weight.

The OP is in AZ. They carry weight.

WarCry
04-27-2013, 16:44

Ahh, but that's a different issue. Texas was smart enough to lay out legal parameters for legal justification, so you wouldn't have trespass or other legal troubles. Still pretty damn rude to say you can disregard property owner's wishes, legally allowed or not.

Do private citizens have to have 30.06 signs to prevent people from carrying in their homes?

PBCounty
04-27-2013, 16:47
Were any of the co-workers hot?

WarCry
04-27-2013, 16:47
For the record, if I had a business that was open to the public (such as a brick-and-mortar store or a restaurant), I would never, EVER put up a "No Guns" sign. If I had one that was open here, in IL, I'd likely do what the guy in VA did - offer discounts to those who showed a carry-permit (not forever, probably, but say the first six months they're allowed in IL).

But just because I feel like business should welcome those that are legally allowed doesn't mean I have the right to force my opinion on them or disregard their wishes (and then brag about it online).

NeverMore1701
04-27-2013, 16:48
Ahh, but that's a different issue. Texas was smart enough to lay out legal parameters for legal justification, so you wouldn't have trespass or other legal troubles. Still pretty damn rude to say you can disregard property owner's wishes, legally allowed or not.

Do private citizens have to have 30.06 signs to prevent people from carrying in their homes?

A property owner can already ask someone to leave for just about any reason, so why would it matter?

Rick C
04-27-2013, 17:03
Donít shoot the tambourine player!

fnfalman
04-27-2013, 17:07
I have two questions:

1. Were any of the hippie chicks hot?

2. Was it a green tambourine?

Drain You
04-27-2013, 17:21
OH NOES! A possible misdemeanor!!!

Oh, not even that you say? Well I'm still going to shake my finger at you mister!!!

This is you. Stop being so excited about people trampling gun owners rights.

SGT HATRED
04-27-2013, 17:36
I have two questions:

1. Were any of the hippie chicks hot?

2. Was it a green tambourine?

Yes and yes!

She works in the physical therapy section of a specialized living facility. there was 13 of us me being the only one who was not a dr/nurse or PA. 2 of PA's were quite attractive and probably 25 years old.

As for "respecting" the owners rights, I really don't care.

WarCry
04-27-2013, 17:55

Yes, that much is quite apparent.

TheVeryIdea
04-27-2013, 18:43
More importantly, how's the sushi? I'm always on the lookout of good sushi in the Valley.

fnfalman
04-27-2013, 19:18
More importantly, how's the sushi? I'm always on the lookout of good sushi in the Valley.

There was a sushi joint in Awatuki close to ten years ago. It was exclusive and expensive. Superb stuff, but it didn't last too long.

Nowadays you got Sushi on Shea, Ra and the other crappy Americanized joints.

SGT HATRED
04-27-2013, 19:31

We were at bukaki at westgate, I mean kabuki... So the sushi was mediocre. We always get hamachi kama and it was tiny compared to other restaurants, and over cooked. When in tempe our favorite place is Sake Bombers on the south west corner at Mclintock and Broadway. When in Glendale we like Fresh Wasabi in the Fry's parking lot at 67th Ave & Bell rd.

HollowHead
04-27-2013, 19:33

This. I would have gone elsewhere or back home. HH

Patchman
04-27-2013, 19:38

Just for the record, SGT HATRED is not, in any way, shape or form, involved with LE.

Wouldn't want his GT handle to mislead anyone.

SGT HATRED
04-27-2013, 19:43
For the most part we do not support businesses that do not support our 2ndA rights. However this restaurant was chosen by other staff members. We also took a taxi because the misses was going to be drinking and I do not drive. So leaving the gun in the car was not an option.

HollowHead
04-27-2013, 19:48
For the most part we do not support businesses that do not support our 2ndA rights. However this restaurant was chosen by other staff members. We also took a taxi because the misses was going to be drinking and I do not drive. So leaving the gun in the car was not an option.

You still had the choice to stay home. HH

Patchman
04-27-2013, 19:51

Just for the record, SGT HATRED is not, in any way, shape or form, involved with LE.

Worth repeating is worth re-posting!

uz2bUSMC
04-27-2013, 19:54
This could get interesting...

SGT HATRED
04-27-2013, 20:31
This thread is not about me or the legality of posted gun signs and weather or not people should obey them. It's about dumb people who think they are safer because of these signs. And that there are people out there who think gun owners would shoot someone over a loud noise.

Patchman
04-27-2013, 20:40
Hey, Sarge, it's cool so long as every GT reader realizes that, for the record, you, SGT HATRED, are not, in any way, shape or form, involved with LE.

Your posts paint a vibrant picture of you.

So I certainly wouldn't want your GT handle to mislead anyone.

WarCry
04-27-2013, 20:51
This thread is not about me or the legality of posted gun signs and weather or not people should obey them. It's about dumb people who think they are safer because of these signs. And that there are people out there who think gun owners would shoot someone over a loud noise.

If you go back and read your original post, I would absolutely believe this was the point you were trying to make EXCEPT that you went out of your way to point out that you were carrying a weapon with you. This information is superfluous to the point you claim you were trying to make.

Had you left that little point out - one sentence - then you could make the argument that all you were trying to do was point out the "loud sounds" thing. But you made it about you and the issue of property owners rights when you declared that you gave less than a damn because you were carrying anyway. YOU made it about you.

HollowHead
04-27-2013, 20:57

You snuck ham into a seder. HH

NeverMore1701
04-27-2013, 23:01
Worth repeating is worth re-posting!

No one cares, especially on the third time.

PIMking
04-27-2013, 23:20
nm...

PIMking
04-27-2013, 23:25
Hey, Sarge, it's cool so long as every GT reader realizes that, for the record, you, SGT HATRED, are not, in any way, shape or form, involved with LE.

Your posts paint a vibrant picture of you.

So I certainly wouldn't want your GT handle to mislead anyone.
http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y434/PIMking13/frabz-cool-story-bro-6d2f09_zpsbc961529.jpg (http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/PIMking13/media/frabz-cool-story-bro-6d2f09_zpsbc961529.jpg.html)

jp3975
04-28-2013, 05:26

Sergeant Hatred is a character on Venture Brothers.

Very cool show with a new season in June.

Bill Lumberg
04-28-2013, 06:55
Shouldn't have been any guns in there if the owner posted. If your plan A is to beg forgiveness or plead ignorance, keep a good plan B. So I'm at a sushi joint with my wife and 10 of her co-workers. There is a no guns sign posted on the door. The table next to us had a birthday and the staff came over with a tamberine(sp?) and startled everyone when they sang their little song. One of her co-workers said

"thank god their are no guns in here"

I so wanted to point out how dumb her comment was but the misses immediately gave me the "you better not" look before I had the chance... I am carrying my lcp iwb and no I wouldn't have pulled it out because of the unexpected loud noise...

tarpleyg
04-28-2013, 07:32

The funny thing is that most people who tout that they would never violate some business owners' rules A) have probably done it anyway and B) would be outraged if they had a sign up prohibiting the wearing of leather because they are against cruelty to animals. Both are ridiculous.

WarCry
04-28-2013, 07:55
The funny thing is that most people who tout that they would never violate some business owners' rules A) have probably done it anyway and B) would be outraged if they had a sign up prohibiting the wearing of leather because they are against cruelty to animals. Both are ridiculous.

If I violate a rule unknowingly, that's not disrespecting the owner's rules, and if they correct me on it, then I will make what change is needed.

And just like with guns, if they posted that about leather, I'd roll my eyes at the stupidity and then I'd follow the rule, either not going in, or not wearing leather if I did. Because my opinion doesn't outweigh their right to make rules on their own property.

Cybercowboy
04-28-2013, 08:27
Sanctimony Level: Dhubai High Rise