Maybe something good from the gun control bill defeat? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Maybe something good from the gun control bill defeat?

HerrGlock
04-27-2013, 09:51
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/04/26/1205129/-Maybe-something-good-from-the-gun-control-bill-defeat#

ken grant
04-27-2013, 10:06
Don't blame the people who lobby! Put the blame on Politicians who accept them.

janice6
04-27-2013, 10:34
No liberal ever believes this attack lost because it was the wrong thing to do.

Taking away the civil rights of a group of American citizens because they fear us is wrong. We will fight back to keep our Constitutional rights. Rosa Parks didn't move up one row from the back of the bus. We will not go backwards and slowly lose our place in the bus either.

MtBaldy
04-27-2013, 10:42
They still don't get that most Americans simply don't agree with them. Of course I would expect nothing less from the DailyKos.

HerrGlock
04-27-2013, 11:56
This is exactly why I suggest saying something akin to the NRA is my union when you write comments on paper's sites and whatnot. Get it equated to the UAW, AFL-CIO and such and suddenly it becomes problematic to want to restrict the right of a group of people to get together and tell their congresscritters what they want en mass.

oldman11
04-27-2013, 12:48
This is exactly why I suggest saying something akin to the NRA is my lobby when you write comments on paper's sites and whatnot. Get it equated to the UAW, AFL-CIO and such and suddenly it becomes problematic to want to restrict the right of a group of people to get together and tell their congresscritters what they want en mass.
Sounds like a good idea.

CAcop
04-27-2013, 13:06
I like how they point out how NRA membership is a small part of the gun owning population but they forget those who are gun owners but are not members are far more likely to agree with NRA memebers on gun control than the rest of the population. Even using his own stats we are talking about 23% of the US population owning at least one firearm. If you break it down amongst adults, which you have to be to own a firearm, you are talking close to 30%.

The left likes to support illegals yet they are only 11 million people vs the 70 million gun owners (according to his stats which are suspect). So does that mean the right can do whatever it wants with illegals because there are so few of them and none can vote anyway. Yeah, I didn't think so.

CAcop
04-27-2013, 13:08
This is exactly why I suggest saying something akin to the NRA is my lobby when you write comments on paper's sites and whatnot. Get it equated to the UAW, AFL-CIO and such and suddenly it becomes problematic to want to restrict the right of a group of people to get together and tell their congresscritters what they want en mass.

I equate unions to corporations whenever some lefty talks about corporations getting to donate to campaigns. Typical lefty slogan is "corporations are not people." Neither are unions. Both may be groups of people but the organization is not a person, in the same sense.

redbaron007
04-27-2013, 13:11
Interesting you post this today HerrGlock. This is a conversation I had with several last weekend; most were conservatives, but there were a couple of libs. The libs point was, now they now how the NRA operates and its power...so they can attack the pieces instead of the whole. It's like the old saying, 'how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time'. They will not defeat the NRA head on; they will have to do things like this article states, then move into other, smaller areas to begin the tearing down process.

It's not something that will happen overnight or on the next few months, but they will continue their fight, attacking vulnerable points until the beast is crippled. The Problem is, the members, in general, stand pretty firm....it would be the politicians that could be swayed that normally side with the NRA.

The good news is, now that we know this is an avenue....they can anticipate that fight and be prepared. :thumbsup:

:wavey:

red

oldman11
04-27-2013, 13:30

Taking away the civil rights of a group of American citizens because they fear us is wrong. We will fight back to keep our Constitutional rights. Rosa Parks didn't move up one row from the back of the bus. We will not go backwards and slowly lose our place in the bus either.
Well said.

HerrGlock
04-27-2013, 13:57
Interesting you post this today HerrGlock. This is a conversation I had with several last weekend; most were conservatives, but there were a couple of libs. The libs point was, now they now how the NRA operates and its power...so they can attack the pieces instead of the whole. It's like the old saying, 'how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time'. They will not defeat the NRA head on; they will have to do things like this article states, then move into other, smaller areas to begin the tearing down process.

It's not something that will happen overnight or on the next few months, but they will continue their fight, attacking vulnerable points until the beast is crippled. The Problem is, the members, in general, stand pretty firm....it would be the politicians that could be swayed that normally side with the NRA.

The good news is, now that we know this is an avenue....they can anticipate that fight and be prepared. :thumbsup:

red

The NRA is my union.

Know it, use it, see how badly they want union voices squelched. :supergrin:

AZson
04-28-2013, 08:50
The NRA lobby is the only one who represents the people, the rest are pretty much are for the corporations.

redbaron007
04-28-2013, 15:29
The NRA is my union.

Know it, use it, see how badly they want union voices squelched. :supergrin:

I'm witya!!

red

Hummer
04-28-2013, 18:10

Well said.

Yes, very well said. Those who would take our fundamental civil rights could pay a very dear price. Don't give an inch. Not one more dirty law that could condemn the law abiding, imprison the innocent and enslave our offspring.