Karpen generator and other "free energy" devices. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Karpen generator and other "free energy" devices.

jp3975
04-27-2013, 13:26
I was arguing with someone on facebook about solar and other types of energy when he starts talking about free energy and govt cover ups of it.

I dont really know how to argue with that because I dont know much about them. All I could do was ask how that's working out for him.

I was linked to this site...

http://www.freeenergyparty.org/

And

http://www.greenoptimistic.com/2010/12/25/karpen-pile/#.UXwd77VOT0c

I found a site trying to sell plans for a karpen generator, but its obviously a scam.

It seems interesting though...a battery that never dies.

http://www.karpengenerator.com/vsl/?src=BEN-CB

Anyone have any knowledge of these sorts of things? I know they cant be viable or there would be people on GT posting about them...particularly the posters who have solar arrays and are trying to live off the grid.

Dennis in MA
04-27-2013, 13:43
Every battery dies. But not every battery lives.

MtBaldy
04-27-2013, 13:44
I'm guessing it's a big steaming pile of something:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/wscott52/BS-Meter.gif

fnfalman
04-27-2013, 13:46
Gotta love the American education. "Free" energy, indeed.

Cali-Glock
04-27-2013, 14:41
Refer them to a grade school science text book...

... wait never-mind...

Simply encourage them to build one of these devices...

mj9mm
04-27-2013, 14:44
no free energy? never heard of the Obama phone? the never ending waste of government

Bruce M
04-27-2013, 15:06
I was arguing with someone on facebook about solar and other types of energy when he starts talking about free energy and govt cover ups of it.

Ask them about chemtrails and about how the government was involved in a conspiracy at Newtown?

Trapped_in_Kali
04-27-2013, 15:28
I met a guy (Wife's friend's husband) who told me he was going to make a generator. I asked him gas, diesel or natural gas? He told me it was not going to need any fuel, it would just run & generate electricity. I nodded, smiled & backed away slowly.

OlliesRevenge
04-27-2013, 15:50
"Free energy" is a misnomer. It implies that the laws of thermodynamics are being broken. The guys behind this kind of research never state that something is being created from nothing, just that energy is being pulled from a little understood source -- This is usually described as "negative energy", or "energy from the vacuum". Maybe one of our illustrious physicists can chime in with their opinion on the viability of energy from the vacuum of space.

Google John Bedini or Tom Bearden, and you can read all about this stuff. Hundreds of people all over the world have built devices like the Bedini Monopole generator, or variants. The plans and schematics are available online for free. Are they really "over unity"? I don't know, but since my mind doesn't automatically snap closed like a bear trap whenever confronted with new or unusual information...I'd like to find out.

I was an electronics technician in the Navy, which doesn't mean much except that I am interested in electronics -- and building one of these things just for fun is on my bucket list.

janice6
04-27-2013, 16:18
The law of Conservation of Energy should be a Federal law, then you could prosecute idiots.

railfancwb
04-27-2013, 16:59
The law of Conservation of Energy should be a Federal law, then you could prosecute idiots.

Congress would be considering amendment or repeal, and the President would promise to sign any bill which repealed it. There would be an amendment to the bill in House/Senate conference to make Pi = 3.000 which would be accepted by unanimous voice vote.

Some politician would write a book, then make a documentary about "The Unbelievable Truth", win a Nobel prize, then make billions with an energy conservation company.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

MtBaldy
04-27-2013, 17:21
Maybe one of our illustrious physicists can chime in with their opinion on the viability of energy from the vacuum of space.

Our own devildog2067 (aka Dr. Steven Won) has:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1470896&highlight=vacuum+energy

Edit:

A Google search for Dr. Steven Won to check my spelling turned up this Youtube video apparently done for a religion class. It's low quality but I think this is our devildog2067 trying very hard to be understandable to non-physicists:

http://youtu.be/JEkK6-KFa2Q

paynter2
04-27-2013, 19:08
There is such a thing as 'free' energy. I actually use it. I have a small solar array on my boat lift. It keeps the batteries charged. I pay for the solar generator and get free energy to drive it.

It isn't much - but it is free.

devildog2067
04-27-2013, 19:26
A Google search for Dr. Steven Won to check my spelling turned up this Youtube video apparently done for a religion class. It's low quality but I think this is our devildog2067 trying very hard to be understandable to non-physicists:

http://youtu.be/JEkK6-KFa2Q

Ha--I had no idea that had been uploaded to YouTube.

That guy is a high school history and religious studies teacher, we went to grade school together and he asked me to speak to his class.

Rabid Rabbit
04-27-2013, 19:45
I did see a free energy device demonstrated and it worked sort of in very limited circumstances. I forget the reason why (he said is collected fragmented electricity from transformers, collect the electricity and put it in a form that could be used) but the device was a large capacitor connected to a induction motor and the device would only make a difference for an induction motor. As far as I was able to determine few if any household appliance use induction motors so this "magical" ability is pretty moot. I think I'll stick to keeping my refrigerator coils clean and turn off lights instead.

Rick C
04-27-2013, 19:51
While her drumming was suspect, she was a cutie.
Obviously, I'm not a physicist.

devildog2067
04-27-2013, 20:20
Every battery dies. But not every battery lives.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e9/William_Wallace_Statue.JPG

devildog2067
04-27-2013, 20:22
It seems interesting though...a battery that never dies.

http://www.karpengenerator.com/vsl/?src=BEN-CB

If this thing really worked, it would be the biggest thing ever. I mean, really ever.

And it would be really, really, really simple to prove that it works. Hook it up to an LED or a simple electric motor and see how long it lasts.

Why haven't they done that? Oh, right, because if they actually did that it would become rapidly obvious that this is a simple, standard electrochemical battery, nothing more.

jp3975
04-27-2013, 21:17
If this thing really worked, it would be the biggest thing ever. I mean, really ever.

And it would be really, really, really simple to prove that it works. Hook it up to an LED or a simple electric motor and see how long it lasts.

Why haven't they done that? Oh, right, because if they actually did that it would become rapidly obvious that this is a simple, standard electrochemical battery, nothing more.

Karpen's Pile replication - Electricity from ambient heat - YouTube

I did see this video on youtube supposedly explaining what it is with a demonstration. Its still pretty neat i think, though i wouldnt think theres a practical use.

Enjoyed your lecture[youtube].

DoubleWide
04-27-2013, 21:18
Never discourage, always encourage.

Sweet! Free Energy! When you going to build it?

MtBaldy
04-27-2013, 21:32

Hehe, never know what's going to turn up on the Internet.

Cybercowboy
04-27-2013, 21:39
Oh good god. As a person who has an EE degree, this thread ensaddens me. Yes, by all means keep an open mind that the 2nd law of thermodynamics is just a fairy tale.

Rick C
04-27-2013, 21:49
^ I find your non-certified tears amusing.

RenoF250
04-27-2013, 21:57
Karpen's Pile replication - Electricity from ambient heat - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Uv2oINpX0)

I did see this video on youtube supposedly explaining what it is with a demonstration. Its still pretty neat i think, though i wouldnt think theres a practical use.

Enjoyed your lecture[youtube].

Wow, a 0.4V battery. I have this cool energizer rod that make 1.5V. You can put that meter on it and it will read 1.5V for years.

CitizenOfDreams
04-27-2013, 22:05
Wow, a 0.4V battery. I have this cool energizer rod that make 1.5V. You can put that meter on it and it will read 1.5V for years.

Yep, as long as you don't draw any current from it.

Here in my hand I have a 30 year old AA battery, made in June 1983. Still reads 1.5V.

Dennis in MA
04-28-2013, 15:26
There was a guy on Shark Tank this week that wanted $2mil to build faraday generators using ocean wave action.

vikingsoftpaw
04-29-2013, 08:09
Gotta love the American education. "Free" energy, indeed.

You didn't get your ObamaEnergy yet.

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 08:35
You didn't get your ObamaEnergy yet.

I'm still waiting on the Obamaphone.

vikingsoftpaw
04-29-2013, 08:38
The level of tin foil hat-ism is high in the Free Energy Party. Everything is a conspiracy to them. Where had we heard that before?

--

Cold Fusion is a tech not ready for prime time...if they can demonstrate repeatably maybe they'd get more research funding.

The concept of burning vapor gasoline had been around for years. It's called Lean Burn Combustion. They only problem is when it is used it produces high levels of Nox - Smog. The EPA is not pleased with it.

As to the Karpon Pile, common sense says that with the loss of energy due to mechanical friction and electrical resistance, it should have stopped running. Some say he is harnessing Zero Point Energy. That's a thinker.

Lior
04-29-2013, 09:16
The most beautiful form of free energy I have encountered is flying a Sailplane, and even that has to be launched by something.

racerford
04-29-2013, 09:32
Cold Fusion is a tech not ready for prime time...if they can demonstrate repeatably maybe they'd get more research funding.

I think we will see a cold fusion generator before we see a Zero Point energy generator.

Ragnar
04-29-2013, 14:17
I always get a laugh out of the "evil gov is keeping the idea seekrit" crowd. Lets assume for a minute that the US gov is competent enough to keep a free energy machine a secret. OK. So I take my idea to Russia, China, India, anyplace but the US. Any of those countries would give their left nut to get out in front of the USA.

But it never happens. Why? Because its all BS.

Geko45
04-29-2013, 14:43

"... and that's what physicists do." lol!

:supergrin:

devildog2067
04-29-2013, 14:50
"... and that's what physicists do." lol!

I have to admit I'm afraid to watch it...

coastal4974
04-29-2013, 14:56
no free energy? never heard of the Obama phone? the never ending waste of government

There will come a day when that bill comes due.

Geko45
04-29-2013, 15:05
I have to admit I'm afraid to watch it...

It was actually pretty good, but I know what you mean. We recorded a presentation for NASA a couple of weeks ago and I still have not brought myself to watch it.

JimmyRayBob
04-29-2013, 15:23
Congress would be considering amendment or repeal, and the President would promise to sign any bill which repealed it. There would be an amendment to the bill in House/Senate conference to make Pi = 3.000 which would be accepted by unanimous voice vote.

Some politician would write a book, then make a documentary about "The Unbelievable Truth", win a Nobel prize, then make billions with an energy conservation company.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Doesn't the Nobel prize come first??

Hicksville Kid
04-29-2013, 17:27
The last time I remember a device that would change the world forever, it was named Segway.

How's that working out?

Next time gas gets to $4.00, look for an old device to improve your mileage by 40%.

Bovine excrement. Squared.