I'm addicted to adrenalin [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I'm addicted to adrenalin

Dalton Wayne
04-27-2013, 22:09
I'm addicted to adrenalin, Ever since I retired as a Firefighter/Paramedic, I can't seem to get my adrenalin fix, When I hear sirens my blood starts pumping, hell my ringtone on my phone is a siren,
I repel Well not anymore since I got older and disabled I dove with sharks in the open ocean, I was trained as a mixed gas diver doing deep stuff, wreck penetration, cave diving, ice diving, night diving.
Now that I'm no longer doing that stuff I need to find something that a 59 y/o partially disabled old fart can do to get the adrenalin fix I'm so addicted to.
Trips to the range helped but now with the ammo shortage I can't afford to waste any, so I'm stuck with prepping for the next SHTF event.
Any ideas how I can get my adrenalin fix??? :dunno:

G30SF/F-250
04-27-2013, 22:14
I can't post it on this site.

:whistling:

ddbtoth
04-27-2013, 22:34
Date 22 year old girls with daddy issues.

Eric
04-27-2013, 22:35
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=233009&stc=1&d=1367123718

G30SF/F-250
04-27-2013, 22:36
Bring home good take-out and don't get your wife any.

JAS104
04-27-2013, 22:37
Date 22 year old girls with daddy issues.

I'm with this guy. That or grab some bourbon and pick a fight with today's youth... And win!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

JohnnyReb
04-27-2013, 22:38
I'm with this guy. That or grab some bourbon and pick a fight with today's youth... And win!

Walk around like Johnny Blade!

Black Sabbath Johnny Blade (HQ) - YouTube

Dalton Wayne
04-27-2013, 22:39

I could be down with that but for now my once a year wild hog hunt will have to do :cool:

BobbyS
04-27-2013, 22:57
Baby sit 30 two yr. olds at the same time.

JohnnyReb
04-27-2013, 23:06
Office Space Movie Quote - YouTube

JMS
04-27-2013, 23:07
Speeding in your car while recording it to post on YouTube?

UtahIrishman
04-27-2013, 23:40
I think Eric has the right idea...either that or Skydiving

Bushflyr
04-27-2013, 23:42
Be a night manager at a convenience store.

briarpatch
04-27-2013, 23:43
How will a blue trash can help his addiction?

Folsom_Prison
04-27-2013, 23:45
At your age?.....

Sex with the lights on?

JohnnyReb
04-27-2013, 23:46
At your age?.....

Sex with the lights on?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

UtahIrishman
04-27-2013, 23:50
How will a blue trash can help his addiction?
you get your buddies to roll you down the nearest hill in it.

Or maybe try the red thing in the front.

JVMHGF
04-27-2013, 23:51
Be a night manager at a convenience store.

... in Chicago.

The Maggy
04-28-2013, 00:01
Either buy a sport bike or take up skydiving. Either will have you moving faster than nascar within ten seconds.

I just moved to GA and I will be jumping down in DeLand, Florida a lot this summer. Depending on what your partial disability is, exploring the sky is a very viable option. Skydiving can range from "relaxing" to "Oh holy ****" If you got your basics covered, I would have no problems showing you some stuff in the sky that will give you an adrenaline rush so heavy that you will either spend the day shaking or you will vomit. :wavey:

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-28-2013, 00:03

Argue with 15 different posters, in 10 different threads, in 5 sub-forums, all at the same time.

Rabbi
04-28-2013, 01:53
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=233009&stc=1&d=1367123718

Yeah, I have to go with something like this as well.

If you cant actually(active) "battle danger" (cage fighter, cop, infantry, firefighter, whatever....) You can (passive) "face danger" (skydiving, bunji jumping, sport bikes...)

If you have not been on a modern wiz-bang super happy fun time crotch rocket....it will, it will actually scare you. It is a flat out thrill of the first order. Of course, if you really are a thrill seeker....and if you fear acclimiating....you will a little but it is almost a a given that the bike will be and remain more capable than you, so you will always have just a "little more" to push.

...and make no mistake, they can bite you and it can cost you life and limb.

Goldendog Redux
04-28-2013, 01:55
Go hang out in some horrific ghetto near you.

vart
04-28-2013, 02:01
...modern wiz-bang super happy fun time crotch rocket

I think Kawasaki has their new marketing phrase...:supergrin:

Dalton Wayne
04-28-2013, 02:26
As far as bikes go I'm a Harley man had 4 of them at one time, just no longer into bikes but if I were to become interested again it would only be a Harley,

DanaT
04-28-2013, 02:32
Try a race car. They don't even have to be fast to be thrilling. It's about cornering speed and getting it right.

Or going slow with the rush...rock crawling and other hard core off roading.

RustyL
04-28-2013, 06:07
Streaking in a nursing home?

airmotive
04-28-2013, 06:59
Streaking in a nursing home?

While wearing only socks on that polished tile floor, and carrying a huge sickle and declaring yourself the Grim Reaper.

Pure adrenaline.

Eric
04-28-2013, 08:39
As far as bikes go I'm a Harley man had 4 of them at one time, just no longer into bikes but if I were to become interested again it would only be a Harley,

That would work too. Having your Harley crap out in traffic would certainly get the blood pumping, not to mention slipping in the oil spots and busting your ass. :supergrin: Eric

Pierre!
04-28-2013, 09:34
Well, there is nothing like good ole "Man on Man Steel" to whip up my adrenaline!

It's a great sport... Check it out. If it's not in your area, you can get started with 2 steel plate racks!

Try it, yer gonna like it...

frank4570
04-28-2013, 09:38
Try hitting on married chicks. It's a lot more exciting if you do it right in front of their husbands.

Marine123
04-28-2013, 09:51
Hog hunting with dogs and a knife is awesome. Granted the dogs do most of the work and take most of the risk. All you got to worry about is if the hog gets loose can i climb a tree or deliver the killing blow correctly with the knife.

ArtificialGrape
04-28-2013, 10:01
Another vote for skydiving.

audiomechanic
04-28-2013, 10:29
That would work too. Having your Harley crap out in traffic would certainly get the blood pumping, not to mention slipping in the oil spots and busting your ass. :supergrin: Eric

+1 At least Harleys have a 0-60 time of........wait.......can they get to 60? :tongueout:

You're missing out if you play the "brand game" and dedicate yourself only to Harley. You said you wanted an adrenalin fix, well 400lbs and 200HP will certainly give you that fix, and no Harley does those numbers (unless it's heavily heavily HEAVILY modified).

MooseJaw
04-28-2013, 11:46
Skydive.. and pack your own chute..

Drain You
04-28-2013, 13:17
Read a newspaper while sitting in traffic like the kid from that football movie.

THE VOID
04-28-2013, 16:22
Start going to a different drive thru fast food restaraunt every day. Order the combo and ask for something to left off the burger. Check it at the window. If it is wrong, put it in park and tell them you will wait for it to be corrected.

For giggles, go to Wendys first and order the Baconator without cheese. Enjoy. If they start getting that right, order it again, but when you get to the window, ask why the price was not discounted since they left off the (30 cents per slice) cheese. Put it in park and wait for your refunded change.

Go inside any of them and buy gift certificates. Then use them to pay for your meal. IN Burger King, get your whopper without cheese nor onion. Then order onion rings instead of fries.

Go to McD's drive thru and order a $1 sweet tea. Tell them you want 35% sweet and the balance unsweet.

THE VOID
04-28-2013, 16:24
Go to Walmart and only buy koolaid packets. Use the self checkout. Everytime it asks you to please bag the item again, loudly call out all sorts of religious tirates.

Highspeedlane
04-28-2013, 16:28
Walk around on the streets of D.C. with a "The south will rise again" shirt with huge confederate flag on back. You'll get an adrenaline surge unlike anything you may have yet experienced.

Nestor
04-28-2013, 16:34
They should be able to accommodate any disability and let You help the others. Good feeling with adrenaline rush at times.

Huaco Kid
04-28-2013, 16:34
"HOW'S YOUR MAMA??!!?"

"HOT!!!!"

"EAT!!!.."

"****!!!!..."

"SKYDIVE!!!!"

a

byf43
04-28-2013, 16:40
I'm addicted to adrenalin, Ever since I retired as a Firefighter/Paramedic, I can't seem to get my adrenalin fix, When I hear sirens my blood starts pumping, hell my ringtone on my phone is a siren,
I repel Well not anymore since I got older and disabled I dove with sharks in the open ocean, I was trained as a mixed gas diver doing deep stuff, wreck penetration, cave diving, ice diving, night diving.
Now that I'm no longer doing that stuff I need to find something that a 59 y/o partially disabled old fart can do to get the adrenalin fix I'm so addicted to.
Trips to the range helped but now with the ammo shortage I can't afford to waste any, so I'm stuck with prepping for the next SHTF event.

DW, I too, am 59 years old, and have a beaten and battered body from years of not taking care of myself and one too many, "Hey Bubba!!!! C'mere. Hold my beer and watch dish!"

Now, for excitement, just pouring a couple of ounces of Maker's Mark, grabbing a tall glass of iced tea w/ lemon, and sitting on the deck, watching the world go by, is excitment enough!!!!!!

:supergrin:

RonS
04-28-2013, 17:08
Might want to kick the habit, at our age things take a lot longer to heal.

sappy13
04-28-2013, 17:21
Im with Erik, get another motorcycle. You said your a harley guy, so change it up and get a street bike. You could also get a sports car and take it to your local track. My boss and his buddies all track their vettes and stuff one weekend a month for their adrenaline fix.

Rabbi
04-28-2013, 19:12

A harley obviously stirs your passion....but if you want to get your thrill fix...you cant even begin to imagine how much more insane a liter class sport bike is than a Harley.

NMG26
04-28-2013, 19:18
Geocaching.com

It is not all that exciting, but it is fun. When urban caching, you have to be sure that you are not noticed while acquiring the cache. There is a little bit of Adrenalin involved with all the sneaking around. This has been a fun hobby for my wife and I for a few years now.

Huaco Kid
04-28-2013, 19:47
A harley obviously stirs your passion....but if you want to get your thrill fix...you cant even begin to imagine how much more insane a liter class sport bike is than a Harley.

A nice dual-sport ride makes me buzz for a long time afterwards.

(one guy on a Harley wanted to race me. He had a flat, out of the place, place to d0 it. I told him...

"No. Down the hill, through the crick, up the hill through the parking-lot, three laps!

He denied.)

MaxxAction
04-28-2013, 19:53
Ill be fifty here in a couple months...

up until last year when we moved, me and my boys rode quads. We sold them before we moved because at our new place, we have no property, and no place to store them.

The thing I like about a quad is that you can go like hell, ride wheelies, climb hills, and not have to worry about getting smashed by a car not paying attention. You can buy a decnet used yamaha, honda, kawi, or suzuki 450 for anywhere from 2500 to 4k and have a blast.