Food/Drink for Django Unchained [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Food/Drink for Django Unchained

Gonzoso
04-28-2013, 18:44
So I'm having some friends over Tuesday night as I bought Django Unchained and feel like hanging out with some friends and watching it on the big screen.

Wondering what to serve for the evening. I'm thinking venison burgers, but I'm not sure what booze to get.

It certainly feels like a whiskey sort of movie. Any suggestions?

Joshhtn
04-28-2013, 18:49
Just watched it last night and I loved it... A good whiskey of your liking would suit it well. Enjoy!

Huaco Kid
04-28-2013, 18:52
Blood and gore and guts and veins in your teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies.

What would Clint eat / smoke?

"Leave the bottle."

(I don't care about the political / social implications they say about that movie. A Bad cowboy is still a Bad cowboy. I still want to see it. )

gjk5
04-28-2013, 19:40
well, if you are going to go full fictional archetype for that crappy movie, have some watermelon and chicken.

I do not see the draw of that stupid film. Tarantino Blacksploitation with full cooperation of Hollywood and the media.

Gonzoso
04-28-2013, 19:44
well, if you are going to go full fictional archetype for that crappy movie, have some watermelon and chicken.

I do not see the draw of that stupid film. Tarantino Blacksploitation with full cooperation of Hollywood and the media.

So then what type of whiskey goes best for a white man being kept down by the liberal left?

Johnspark
04-28-2013, 19:47
It only took 4 posts. LOL

GlockRik
04-28-2013, 19:48
I rented it at redbox. I was expecting something along he lines of Unforgiven, but this was pretty lame.

NDCent
04-28-2013, 19:56
I'm a whisky guy normally, but deer burgers and cold beer sound good to me, maybe a crock pot full of baby summer sausages with cheese as appetizers. Long movie, has some comedy, drama, and gore.

G36's Rule
04-28-2013, 19:58
Too easy...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/32/Rebel_Yell.JPG

Jeffe
04-28-2013, 19:59
white cake.....

gjk5
04-28-2013, 20:13
So then what type of whiskey goes best for a white man being kept down by the liberal left?

well, that would be William Weller.

Gonzoso
04-28-2013, 20:25
I'm a whisky guy normally, but deer burgers and cold beer sound good to me, maybe a crock pot full of baby summer sausages with cheese as appetizers. Long movie, has some comedy, drama, and gore.

Hmmm.... how about a mixed drink that ends up being the consistency/color of the blood in the movie, but not a cherry-tini or anything too fruity like that?

I think there will be whiskey regardless.

FLIPPER 348
04-28-2013, 20:53
Another great Tarantino flick. I'd suggest proper Mint Juleps.

Don't worry dude, there will be another Transformer sequel out soon.

r3dot
04-28-2013, 20:56
Love how you ask about suiting food for the movie and people feel the need to give their opinion on the movie.

Derp derp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gjk5
04-28-2013, 21:06
Another great Tarantino flick. I'd suggest proper Mint Juleps.

Don't worry dude, there will be another Transformer sequel out soon.

yeah, you are definitely right. anyone who despises Tarantino (or at least the latter half of his work) must be a kid's movie fan.

I'll bet you loved the Kill Bill cinematic masterpieces.

Joshhtn
04-28-2013, 21:08
Love how you ask about suiting food for the movie and people feel the need to give their opinion on the movie.

Derp derp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not as bad as you giving your opinion on the thread! :rofl:

Deer burgers, beer, & of course, whiskey. Enjoy!

ChuteTheMall
04-28-2013, 22:09
http://i43.tinypic.com/wbpf9g.jpg

Help yourself to the brandy.

ChuteTheMall
04-28-2013, 22:12
http://i44.tinypic.com/25gawj4.jpg

or a nice warm mug of beer

Diesel McBadass
04-28-2013, 22:18
okay movie, could have been an hour shorter, any time they walked somewhere it took five minutes with music playing. Lots of uniteresting chats. Action was cool

jp3975
04-28-2013, 22:20

Did you see it?

Dont know of many people that didnt like it. You're the first ive heard of other than Spike Lee. Even my dad liked it and he's hard to please when it comes to movies.

All the black people i know enjoyed it.

There's nothing racist about it. It is set in a time of racism and slavery. The hero is a black guy and he kicks the slave owners asses.

Whats the issue?

LASTRESORT20
04-28-2013, 22:29
http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/v1/designs/15251916,width=178,height=178/keep-calm-and-drink-whiskey.png

CitizenOfDreams
04-28-2013, 23:48

And Colt 45 for drinks. :supergrin:

Lior
04-28-2013, 23:55
Saw this film for the weekend. Way too violent IMO - if this is the new par for acceptable cinematographic violence, expect it to be imitated by real life murderers.

RCP
04-29-2013, 00:40
The mask scene was hilarious IMO.

Lior
04-29-2013, 01:41
The mask scene was hilarious IMO.

Indeed, it was a good natured poke. Undecided whether it is Monty Python or Blazing Saddles-esque.

Goldendog Redux
04-29-2013, 01:58
Zima.

jp3975
04-29-2013, 02:31
Saw this film for the weekend. Way too violent IMO - if this is the new par for acceptable cinematographic violence, expect it to be imitated by real life murderers.

Violence like that has been in films for a while. Have you never seen a Tarantino film?

Where are the sword attacks? [kill bill]

There will always be copy cats from time to time. Doesnt mean people should be restricted from what they put in films or are able to watch.

And if it is imitated, and least the copy cats will be using single action revolvers.

CitizenOfDreams
04-29-2013, 02:48
Zima.

That's more of a Brokeback Mountain beverage.

eccho
04-29-2013, 04:38
So I'm having some friends over Tuesday night as I bought Django Unchained and feel like hanging out with some friends and watching it on the big screen.

Wondering what to serve for the evening. I'm thinking venison burgers, but I'm not sure what booze to get.

It certainly feels like a whiskey sort of movie. Any suggestions?

What a coincidence. I just watched it last night. I made fajitas. I think whiskey would be appropriate.