DHS Training Video Depicts Gun Owners As “Militia Members” Planning Terror [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : DHS Training Video Depicts Gun Owners As “Militia Members” Planning Terror

glockman66
04-28-2013, 21:05
Too bad the Obama administration can't call terrorists "TERRORIST". :steamed::upeyes::steamed:

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/04/27/dhs-training-video-depicts-gun-owners-as-militia-members-planning-terror-attacks/
DHS Training Video Depicts Gun Owners As “Militia Members” Planning Terror Attacks…

vikingsoftpaw
04-28-2013, 21:16
Obama is really big on h8n on YT isn't he?

oldman11
04-28-2013, 21:42
Yeah, I ran into one of these DHS guys the other night. He thought for a brief moment he was a tough guy and was gonna take charge. It didn't work out that way for him. No details will be submitted at this time. I probably shouldn't have even brought it up this time.

Gray_Rider
04-28-2013, 23:09
Sad. Just sad. We gun owners are the ones to fear...

Gray_ Rider

Gray_Rider
04-28-2013, 23:23
While real terrorists can't even be called terrorists in the media.
Much less have training videos made applying the term to those who overwhelmingly are responsible for said activity.

But, we warned you America.........

Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider
04-28-2013, 23:38
White Christian gun owners flew and financed 911.

Wake up America.

Gray_Rider

MaxxAction
04-29-2013, 05:09
(sarcasm on)

If you're doing nothing wrong, you got nothing to worry about guys!

:shocked:

Rabid Rabbit
04-29-2013, 05:30
Details weren't the only thing sketchy in that video.

ray9898
04-29-2013, 06:19
What amazes me is when groups like the Sovereign Citizens exist people can still act like those who uphold the law should not prepare for a scenario involving anything domestic. Its coming. There have already been quite a few battles which have left several LEO's dead.

How do you think these groups are portraying them self? The most common centers around their view of the Constitution which they mold to fit their agenda which is pretty much Anarchy.

Looking at the linked DHS web page you will see that video appears to be a segment intros to a much larger training session which involves bio terror and its aftermath which was apparently dispensed by domestic terrorists. Big deal.

Of course I guess you could take that one blurb and run with it claiming DHS is coming after gun owners if it fits your agenda.

ateamer
04-29-2013, 10:24
Yeah, I ran into one of these DHS guys the other night. He thought for a brief moment he was a tough guy and was gonna take charge. It didn't work out that way for him. No details will be submitted at this time. I probably shouldn't have even brought it up this time.

So delete your post. As it is, you're just trying to be cool telling us that you know something we don't, and implying that you a Real Tough Guy, possibly worthy of having your own beer or cigarette commercial. Or is it an "I was there, really" story?

oldman11
04-29-2013, 10:34
So delete your post. As it is, you're just trying to be cool telling us that you know something we don't, and implying that you a Real Tough Guy, possibly worthy of having your own beer or cigarette commercial. Or is it an "I was there, really" story?
I'm sorry you feel that way. I was merely posting an incident that happened. I don't imply anything. And yeah I was there, you weren't. Let it go at that.

bikerdog
04-29-2013, 10:37
Too bad the Obama administration can't call terrorists "TERRORIST". :steamed::upeyes::steamed:

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/04/27/dhs-training-video-depicts-gun-owners-as-militia-members-planning-terror-attacks/
DHS Training Video Depicts Gun Owners As “Militia Members” Planning Terror Attacks…

The video clearly said extremest. And also don't forget. People like this do exist in america. There was a case a number of years ago in Montana that involved 30+ guys claiming to be milita. They had planned on blowing up stuff and killing of all people postal workers. I don't get how you get gun owners out of that video.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Jeff82
04-29-2013, 10:46
What DHS and this administration are doing is revealing their hand. They KNOW they will be fighting US Citizens because they KNOW what they are planning down the road. They are just early in telling us who they will be gunning for.

Take it for what it's worth. They are tipping their hand.

ray9898
04-29-2013, 10:56
The video clearly said extremest. And also don't forget. People like this do exist in america. There was a case a number of years ago in Montana that involved 30+ guys claiming to be milita. They had planned on blowing up stuff and killing of all people postal workers. I don't get how you get gun owners out of that video.

Agenda building...same as the liberals do daily.

Notice they specifically labeled them as "extremists", that means it is a separate category above and beyone gun owners or the militia. Actually it 100% fits the profile of plenty of prominent groups out there right now living outside of societies norms which have already initiated deadly conflicts with LE. The segment was also part of a much larger domestic terrorist training session which included a bio terror attack and the aftermath.

....but what do those who are looking to feel persecuted get out of it? "Gun owner".

RichJ
04-29-2013, 11:44
I'm not a fan of DHS, but I didn't see anything in that video worth getting bothered over.

...well other than the fact that all the perps were white, as always.

WT
04-29-2013, 11:49
Remember, the US Army thinks Billy Graham is a member of an extremist organization.

tsmo1066
04-29-2013, 11:56
I don't get it, either. The video does not speak of "gun owners" in any generic sense, but instead speaks of "extremist militia members".

MaxxAction
04-29-2013, 12:41
I think that a lot of this...

is due to the fact that there have been several instances of DHS material that has come down as "training material" in the military, or police forces that has continued to expand the definition of "extremist" to the point where it is almost anyone who doesn't like anything about our govt.

This came out of training for a recent class of reserve recruits:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304739/Army-Reserve-training-material-lists-Catholics-evangelical-Christians-Jews-religious-extremism-category-KKK-Hamas-Al-Qaeda.html

There was something similar being taught to LEO's in colorado that one sherriff objected to.

http://www.mom4freedom.com/2013/04/11/colorado-state-patrol-training-update-responses-from-prowers-county-sheriff-the-csp/

http://redstatements.co/colorado-state-police-and-homeland-security-target-christians/

I can see how this kinda stuff sets people off. We cannot call muslims who's stated goal is to kill people terrorists, but now we can classify christians,catholics, evangelicals, people who believe in the constitution, gun owners, former soldiers, etc as dangerous. Light is darkness, black is white, down is up, etc, etc.

coastal4974
04-29-2013, 12:52
Napolitano has kept us safe from this administrations top 3 terrorist groups. :whistling:

DanaT
04-29-2013, 13:37
Notice they specifically labeled them as "extremists", that means it is a separate category above and beyone gun owners or the militia. Actually it 100% fits the profile of plenty of prominent groups out there right now living outside of societies norms which have already initiated deadly conflicts with LE.

Let me see. The last 5 incidents to come to mind that have initiated conflicts with LE.

The Boston Bomber allegedly shooting the officer.
Dorner allegedly shooting officers
The ex-prisoner in CO allegedly shooting the Head of the Dept of Correction
The TX guy and his wife who allegedly shot the two DAs.

So which profile fits them all 100% ?

The Neo-nazi-gangmember-left-wing-ex-cop-foreign-muslim-disgraced-justice-of-the=peace profile?

DanaT
04-29-2013, 13:41
I don't get it, either. The video does not speak of "gun owners" in any generic sense, but instead speaks of "extremist militia members".

We should watch all those militia members.

Colo. Const. Art. XVII, Section 1 (2012)

Section 1. Persons subject to service

The militia of the state shall consist of all able-bodied male residents of the state between the ages of eighteen and forty-five years; except, such persons as may be exempted by the laws of the United States, or of the state.

Section 5. Exemption in time of peace

No person having conscientious scruples against bearing arms shall be compelled to do militia duty in time of peace.

Lets watch all the militia members.

eyelikeglasses
04-29-2013, 13:42
What amazes me is when groups like the Sovereign Citizens exist people can still act like those who uphold the law should not prepare for a scenario involving anything domestic. Its coming. There have already been quite a few battles which have left several LEO's dead.

What battles? Please let us know about them. :dunno:

ray9898
04-29-2013, 13:47
Let me see. The last 5 incidents to come to mind that have initiated conflicts with LE.

The Boston Bomber allegedly shooting the officer.
Dorner allegedly shooting officers
The ex-prisoner in CO allegedly shooting the Head of the Dept of Correction
The TX guy and his wife who allegedly shot the two DAs.

So which profile fits them all 100% ?

The Neo-nazi-gangmember-left-wing-ex-cop-foreign-muslim-disgraced-justice-of-the=peace profile?

Who cares if it fits them all 100%? That has nothing to do with training for a specific scenario.

DanaT
04-29-2013, 13:51
Who cares if it fits them all 100%? That has nothing to do with training for a specific scenario.

OK. Which one of them fit the scenario that they are training for about going after militia members?

ray9898
04-29-2013, 14:11
OK. Which one of them fit the scenario that they are training for about going after militia members?

Off the top of my head....the one in West Memphis where 2 officers were murdered and 2 were wounded, the one in Louisiana where 2 deputies were murdered and 2 more wounded and the CHP Trooper killed last fall. These recent events are all at the hands of Sovereign Citizens who are the definition of a extremist who like to play the freeman-militia-anti authority-above the law card. With an estimated 100k-300k out there, it is a ticking time bomb.

DanaT
04-29-2013, 14:25
Off the top of my head....the one in West Memphis where 2 officers were murdered and 2 were wounded, the one in Louisiana where 2 deputies were murdered and 2 more wounded and the CHP Trooper killed last fall. These recent events are all at the hands of Sovereign Citizens who are the definition of a extremist who like to play the freeman-militia-anti authority-above the law card.

Where does one get a membership card and packet to be a sovereign citizen? Since just looking up the memphis killing, the police said they were "members of the sovereign citizen movement". I am just wondering how one joins and how police found their membership cards?

With an estimated 100k-300k out there, it is a ticking time bomb.

And what proof do you have that 100k to 300K people are ticking time bombs? Plus or minus a few hundred thousand people and I am expected to believe this is actual data?

DanaT
04-29-2013, 14:28
These recent events are all at the hands of Sovereign Citizens who are the definition of a extremist who like to play the freeman-militia-anti authority-above the law card. With an estimated 100k-300k out there, it is a ticking time bomb.

I found this on the FBIs website:

Sovereign citizens are often confused with extremists from the militia movement. But while sovereign citizens sometimes use or buy illegal weapons, guns are secondary to their anti-government, anti-tax beliefs. On the other hand, guns and paramilitary training are paramount to militia groups.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2010/april/sovereigncitizens_041310

Hmmm...often confused with extremists from the militia movement....

What am I missing?

ray9898
04-29-2013, 14:30
Where does one get a membership card and packet to be a sovereign citizen? Since just looking up the memphis killing, the police said they were "members of the sovereign citizen movement". I am just wondering how one joins and how police found their membership cards?

And what proof do you have that 100k to 300K people are ticking time bombs? Plus or minus a few hundred thousand people and I am expected to believe this is actual data?

Ahhh....I see where this is going. Just being your normal obtuse self on anything remotely related to LE. Your right... Sovereign Citizens are in my imagination and those officers are not really dead....they can't be because SC's aren't violent apparently.

DanaT
04-29-2013, 14:31
And from the IRS...

http://www.treasury.gov/tigta/factsheets/TIGTA_Fact_Sheet_Sovereign_Citizens.pdf

Since the 1990s, TIGTA ha s been investigating illegal activities that pose direct threats to the IRS and its operations by individuals who identify themselves as Sovereign Citizens. Sovereign citizens often utilize fictitious financial instruments in attempts to satisfy legitimate debts. Sovereign citizens will often file liens against the real or personal property of Federal employees - tax officials or law enforcement officers, for example - in retaliation for those individuals’ performance of their official duties.
Liens have also been filed against federal judges when those judges

....It seems that their favorite weapon is the courts....

DanaT
04-29-2013, 14:33
Ahhh....I see where this is going. Just being your normal obtuse self on anything remotely related to LE. Your right... Sovereign Citizens are in my imagination and those officers are not really dead.

No, you are accusing a group of people of being extremist militia members. Where is your evidence of such?

ray9898
04-29-2013, 14:36
I found this on the FBIs website:

Sovereign citizens are often confused with extremists from the militia movement. But while sovereign citizens sometimes use or buy illegal weapons, guns are secondary to their anti-government, anti-tax beliefs. On the other hand, guns and paramilitary training are paramount to militia groups.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2010/april/sovereigncitizens_041310

Hmmm...often confused with extremists from the militia movement....

What am I missing?

That Sovereign Citizens have been absorbing many of the ideals of the militia movement over the recent years. The two groups initially had separate ideals, now it is not uncommon to find SC's who are resorting to violence and gathering together to live in well armed compounds. Scenarios such as the recent ambushes and murder of multiple LEO's at a time and the arrests from the Alaska Peacemakers Militia a couple of years ago show the direction of the movement.

DanaT
04-29-2013, 14:45
That Sovereign Citizens have been absorbing many of the ideals of the militia movement over the recent years. The two groups initially had separate ideals, now it is not uncommon to find SC's who are resorting to violence and gathering together to live in well armed compounds. Scenarios such as the recent ambushes and murder of multiple LEO's at a time and the arrests from the Alaska Peacemakers Militia a couple of years ago show the direction of the movement.

When you look for a boogy man you can find one, huh?

From Southern Poverly Law Center..

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/ideology/sovereign-citizens-movement#.UX7Z-spWC4o

"Since most sovereigns favor paper over guns, when sovereigns are angry with government officials, their revenge most often takes the form of "paper terrorism." Sovereigns file retaliatory, bogus property liens that may not be discovered by the victim until they attempt to sell their property."

DanaT
04-29-2013, 14:49
SPL law attributes, since 1995, 4 incidents of violence to Sovereign Citizens (link in above post). In 20 year, 4 incidents and for that we are developing training videos?

You should watch yesterdays GPS with Farid. He had the former Head of NSA on. The head of the NSA indicated that there is a level of terrorism that is not possible to stop and was something that had to be lived with if the USA wants to remain a free people.

ray9898
04-29-2013, 14:49
Well...I am going to bow out of this before I get so perturbed that I won't enjoy my evening fishing trip. I will clear the way so Dana can wow us with his knowledge and expertise from his lofty perch.

Maybe you can tell all those dead and seriously injured street cops that the SC's aren't violent.

DanaT
04-29-2013, 14:51
Maybe you can tell all those dead and seriously injured street cops that the SC's aren't violent.

Thank you for the compliment. Although you may think I am a god, I really am not and have no way of communicating with dead people.

IceAxe
04-29-2013, 15:15
it's all relative: from their oppressive state pov, they're right