Military assault weapons should not be available to everyone [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Military assault weapons should not be available to everyone

HerrGlock
04-29-2013, 02:39
http://www.news-press.com/article/20130429/OPINION/304290013/Guest-opinion-Military-assault-weapons-should-not-available-everyone?nclick_check=1

pgg00
04-29-2013, 03:00
The guy is flat wrong in my opinion.

m2hmghb
04-29-2013, 03:12
Technically they are banned or at least highly regulated. The author needs to learn about a subject he is talking about before he opens his mouth and shoves his foot in it.

eccho
04-29-2013, 04:44
"Sadly, some Washington politicians value the gun lobby over the Newtown parents and the will of the American people. Itís time to challenge the misinformation, which is based on fear, propaganda, money and the myth of power. The Second Amendment rights are not threatened by an assault weapons ban or background checks and the government is not coming for your guns. We are talking military style assault weapons and clips designed for mass killings, not used for hunting or self-protection."

That's as far as I got.

Of all the BS about gun control, the myth that "the gun lobby" consists entirely of the NRA and gun manufacturers is the most ignorant, or dishonest. I'm gonna be generous and say ignorant.

The NRA is what, 4.5 million people that can only vote once? And no, they don't have a machine to print money for them.

They can't say anything about us, the ones who wrote letters to elected officials, because that would be too embarrassing for them.

Jake Starr
04-29-2013, 04:54
Military assault weapons should not be available to everyone....

I agree. Criminal felons should not own them, nor tyrannical governments.

Psychman
04-29-2013, 04:57
There is so much wrong in that article that I really don't have the time to comment on it. However, did anyone notice his picture looks like a mug shot?

http://cmsimg.news-press.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=A4&Date=20130429&Category=OPINION&ArtNo=304290013&Ref=AR&MaxW=300&Border=0&q=60&Guest-opinion-Military-assault-weapons-should-not-available-everyone

Bruce H
04-29-2013, 05:14
Frank Howe should be required to purchase breathing credits. There is no way in hell he should breathe for free. People like Frank are the reason law enforcement doesn't have a better reputation.

Rabid Rabbit
04-29-2013, 05:25
Let me get this right, the same gun used by cops is only designed for mass killing. Really?

Cali-Glock
04-29-2013, 05:29
A) wrong - we are specifically supposed to have the arms of the military
B) since 1934 it has been difficult to own these weapons
C) since 1986 no new weapons of this type may be owned by civilians

Finally the level of ignorance, stupidity and advocacy of immoral-anti-comstitutional drivel is maddening!

Spiffums
04-29-2013, 05:56
Let me get this right, the same gun used by cops is only designed for mass killing. Really?

Yes and they need them because they interact with criminals. But John Q Public doesn't because we don't interact with criminals in our freedom bubble where nothing bad ever happens.........:whistling:

MichiganJFrog
04-29-2013, 06:06
.as for private firearm sales,im for more regulation on this, as well as a more stringant background check.as in a phych test, every two yrs.and also firearms should be able to be owned by anyone who passess,in any state.ccw,national as well.

First, forgive the grammar and spelling nazism, but paragraphs and spell check bro.

Second, related to the above, you go first. I live in a free state, so I'll politely decline...

Third, what if I don't CCW?

GVFlyer
04-29-2013, 06:12
There are some cogent comments following Frank Howe's idiotic diatribe.

It's clear that Mr. Howe has very strong beliefs concerning subjects about which he is massively uninformed. But no matter, it's a apparent that he is not one who could be deflected from his objective by mere facts.

railfancwb
04-29-2013, 06:16
As Mr Howe (and the rest of the Control Lobby would say) "Don't confuse me with the facts. My mind is made up."

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

somebodybuymeaglock
04-29-2013, 08:11
..and they're not. :upeyes:

cmr287
04-29-2013, 08:13
this type of jargon should not be a surprise to anybody coming from leftists ...

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Glockdude1
04-29-2013, 08:26
Technically they are banned or at least highly regulated. The author needs to learn about a subject he is talking about before he opens his mouth and shoves his foot in it.

:agree:

RichJ
04-29-2013, 08:57
"At the Sandy Hook Elementary massacre, the killer needed only ten minutes to fire off three 30-round magazines and hundreds of rounds of ammunition."

3 x 30 = "hundreds of rounds" :wavey: