damn spiders. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : damn spiders.

eccho
04-29-2013, 05:10
I just had a spider of some kind scurry into the middle of my bedroom. I went to the other room to grab a spider smashing shoe, and of course, the friggin troll disappeared.

I then see it later scurry under my utility closet door.

Don't you hate it when creepy crawlies do that?

Ps. I'm looking for the best bug spray known to man, with the purpose of spraying under a door to keep them from coming through.

Basically, the "utility closet" also leads to a crawlspace, and that's where they keep coming in from.

My understanding is there's such a thing as a "bug spray pee line" that can last a long time, is that true?

MaxxAction
04-29-2013, 05:20
Make sure you don't have other bugs in your house...

spiders dont stay where there's nothing to eat.

Combatcomm
04-29-2013, 05:30
Spiders never brother me until I seen whata Brown Recluse could do. Now I sleep with clothes on.

JBnTX
04-29-2013, 05:35
God created the spiders too, so I doubt he's going to damn them.

lethal tupperwa
04-29-2013, 06:08
the TV commercial for the book says, mix coconut oil with white vinegar and spray.

tadbart
04-29-2013, 06:19
spiders don't clean their feet like roaches do, so the "line in the sand" approach might not work.

Huaco Kid
04-29-2013, 07:43
First, develop stress and anxiety, because it IS a SPIDER!!!

Then, kill all those weeds, also.

Lastly, tuck your Polo shirt into your khaki shorts.

ColdSteelNail
04-29-2013, 08:37
All spiders are damn spiders every damn one of them.

Since it's a crawl space you want to treat I would call a professional exterminator. They may have a can of something he can sell you without having to make a house call that won't be harmful to you and yours.

Reyn
04-29-2013, 08:47
Try going hunting pre dawn and run into a huge web along the trail. You pause after slapping your face at least 50 times...only to walk 100 yards and feel something crawling on your neck.

Red Stick
04-29-2013, 10:44
Bayer Suspend. Best product made for spiders. You have to get it somewhere that sells professional pest control products.

I had black widows in a new construction home.

Ricky Ricardo
04-29-2013, 10:50
Try going hunting pre dawn and run into a huge web along the trail. You pause after slapping your face at least 50 times...only to walk 100 yards and feel something crawling on your neck.
Oh God!!! :crying:

WayaX
04-29-2013, 11:01
What's wrong with spiders? They make great pets....

I remember biking on trails in the woods in the morning and getting covered in webs and small spiders. Some people are helpless.

gatorboy
04-29-2013, 11:03
Here's a great short story with picture:

http://jonsjailjournal.blogspot.com/2013/04/treating-spider-bites-in-sheriff-joe.html?spref=tw&m=1

Huaco Kid
04-29-2013, 11:13
What's wrong with spiders? They make great pets....

A big hairy 2" one built a funnel nest/web on my daughter's windowsill last year. She fed it bugs.

Mr Spock
04-29-2013, 11:39
Bayer Suspend. Best product made for spiders. You have to get it somewhere that sells professional pest control products.

I had black widows in a new construction home.

I had brown widows in the screened in patio on a new construction home last year. I lost count at more than 70 of them. Yes, that is seven-zero. Went out hunting them every couple days for 3 weeks to finally get rid of all of them. The brown ones are just as dangerous as the black ones, and look just as creepy.

M&P15T
04-29-2013, 11:51
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-FW_18jMYuoA/UVrD2-Eyy9I/AAAAAAAAEg0/FF4-0gnJ0Xs/w800-h800/487508_569741769713505_781167456_n.jpg

sum-dum-guy
04-29-2013, 12:35
I just had a spider of some kind scurry into the middle of my bedroom. I went to the other room to grab a spider smashing shoe, and of course, the friggin troll disappeared.

This is why it is important to always carry your glock. Even at home. Home invasions come in many forms.

j/k. maybe

BEER
04-29-2013, 12:52

i can do ya one better than that. try taking a ride on a motorcycle and at 80mph on the freeway see some sort of 8 legged death dealer suddenly appear in your peripheral vision inside your fully enclosed helmet.

i'm not afraid of spiders, but that one got my blood pumping a bit.

jdavionic
04-29-2013, 12:59
I suspect that's what gave me this bitehttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/30/dy8y3a8a.jpg

Rabid Rabbit
04-29-2013, 13:31
Did you know you swallow a couple spiders a year when you're asleep? They just drop down from the ceiling and get inhaled. Spider its whats for the midnight snack.

glock_collector
04-29-2013, 15:05
In the BWCA I saw a 4-5in diameter spider decending the tree behind my 20 yr old son's head as we sit around a campfire, the poor kid just about jumped in the lake when I pointed it out!! The spider has some reflective colors, looked kinda neat and yes the kid has always been deathly afraid of spiders...I didnt want to alarm him, figured I should tell him BEFORE its crawling on him.

LASTRESORT20
04-29-2013, 15:21
Just watch out for the ones that Jump....towards you...

I dislike spiders...

Ricky Ricardo
04-29-2013, 15:23
God I hate those jumping spiders.

Flattop67
04-29-2013, 16:18
I have found and summarily executed two Black Widows in the last week. I could not figure out, with the evidence I had, if they were Enemy Combatants or just Common Criminals. Didn't matter, I found them both guilty and dispatched them with extreme prejudice.

jdavionic
04-29-2013, 16:25
I have found and summarily executed two Black Widows in the last week. I could not figure out, with the evidence I had, if they were Enemy Combatants or just Common Criminals. Didn't matter, I found them both guilty and dispatched them with extreme prejudice.

When I lived in TX, I had one of those crawl on my book while studying a graduate exam. I poked with the pencil tip and she got very aggressive. That is a spider with an attitude...or at least that "was" a spider with an attitude.

Funny thing about how folks panic when they see spiders, scorpions, etc. We had a scorpion on the steps and it set the house in a panic. I said "just squash him with your shoe". It was like the scorpion had super hero powers that defeat being squashed. Hey, I gave him a chance. If the scorpion could lift me in a shoe, I would have let him live.

Clusterfrack
04-29-2013, 16:33

I then see it later scurry under my utility closet door.

Don't you hate it when creepy crawlies do that?

Ps. I'm looking for the best bug spray known to man, with the purpose of spraying under a door to keep them from coming through.

Basically, the "utility closet" also leads to a crawlspace, and that's where they keep coming in from.

My understanding is there's such a thing as a "bug spray pee line" that can last a long time, is that true?

Man, I hate it when that happens. You look away for one second and they're gone.

Last Fall there were a bunch of huge ground spiders for some reason. Fortunately our dogs hate them as much as we do, and smash them with their paws when they find them. I woke up early one morning to the sound of the dogs squishing TWO of the ****ers right in our bedroom.

There's a Chinese product called Ant Chalk that I think may be illegal in the US. You used to be able to get it in SF Chinatown by asking for it. The storekeeper would go to a back room and get some if you asked. I don't know if it works on spiders, but it's the shiz for killing ants. You draw a line and if they touch it, they go home and nuke the entire ant hive.

SevenSixtyTwo
04-29-2013, 19:11
Just last night while laying here on the couch I got nipped by a brown widow. Third time in my 50+ years. They're very skittish and nip on the fly. I slapped at 'er but she disappeared under the couch. Felt like a mosquito bite, mild flu like and an achy hand for a few hours. Never been bit by a black widow but I understand they bite and latch on giving you a much higher dose of venom and a week's worth of symptoms. Haven't had the pleasure of a brown recluse either. Spiders don't scare me at all but for some reason, cockroaches will get me motivated in a hurry and they don't even bite.

THEPOPE
04-29-2013, 19:26
I feel your pain, hate those lil bastitches....outside, they can live, providing they ain't on ME....

Inside ? Fahgettaboutit....I can't rest until they DIE, DIE, DIE.....

The comments here had me laughing and crying and terrorized.....

Little ones don't concern me much, big hairy ones...no way...those anemic looking ones also get no absolving at my God-like shoe of terminal injury.

Ime out...damn, now I got the creeps...:cool:

BTW, Ortho makes a spray that works to keep them off perimeters....

eccho
04-30-2013, 00:34
I think the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me was going into a cellar.

It had the old style "cellar doors" that you don't see anymore in new houses.

I didn't know snakes like to chill out on the very top of the doors.

I don't mind snakes, but I expect my face to be a snake free zone.

:rofl:

JimBianchi
04-30-2013, 00:49
Got bit by some kind of spider while stationed In greece. Left a pimp on my leg that a few weeks later was the size of foot ball and squishy. Medtech gave me a couple shots and 48hrs to start shrinking before he would aerovac me to Italy. Luckily it worked but it took months to heal and I limped the whole time. Nasty stuff spider bites.

Goldendog Redux
04-30-2013, 02:01
I have black windows in my garage which does not please me. I don't stress about it but I am careful when messing with stuff I haven't messed with in a while. I kill them.

Peace Warrior
04-30-2013, 03:48
They are always FACE HIGH! Why do they do that?!? :shocked:

ignantmike
04-30-2013, 04:22
They are always FACE HIGH! Why do they do that?!? :shocked:
sure seems that way.....worst part of hunting pre-dawn.....

strack350
04-30-2013, 07:21
i can do ya one better than that. try taking a ride on a motorcycle and at 80mph on the freeway see some sort of 8 legged death dealer suddenly appear in your peripheral vision inside your fully enclosed helmet.

i'm not afraid of spiders, but that one got my blood pumping a bit.

DEAR GOD....:wow: if that happened to me, I would just Die. I mean flat out die, then most likely the bike would careen off a hill and the spider would likely live.

This scenario if exactly why I never leave my helmet on the ground, even for a second...:wow::wow:

BEER
04-30-2013, 10:07
DEAR GOD....:wow: if that happened to me, I would just Die. I mean flat out die, then most likely the bike would careen off a hill and the spider would likely live.

This scenario if exactly why I never leave my helmet on the ground, even for a second...:wow::wow:

mine wasn't on the ground, it was on a shelf in a helmet bag for 3 months.

if that terrifies you then i'll be nice and not tell you what else i found in the helmet as i tore it apart on the side of the road. lol