Dating a 28 Year Old! (I'm 55) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dating a 28 Year Old! (I'm 55)

ARs&AKs
04-29-2013, 10:57
Ok so after divorcing back in 2006 I've only been in a few dating relationships (by my choice) with women close to or at my age.
For the past few months I've been flirting with a girl at work who's 28 years old and we've recently started hanging out together. We have a lot of fun doing things (yes, that too!) and get along really well together.
Never thought I'd be "one of those guys" dating someone almost half my age but here I am doing it. Not sure where this will end up but I'm in for the ride as long as it lasts.

Pros:
She's young and good looking.
Has a steady job.
Fun to be with.

Cons:
Recently divorced.
Has four year old son.
About 75% liberal.

So is this a recipe for disaster or does it have a chance to work?

OctoberRust
04-29-2013, 10:59
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

M&P15T
04-29-2013, 11:00
You're questioning if you should continue on in the relationship.

If I were you, I would be questioning HER motivation for being in the relationship.

Dalton Wayne
04-29-2013, 11:00
Hit it once for me would ya, :whistling::rofl:

Psychman
04-29-2013, 11:01
You come on GT asking if you, a 55 year old should be dating a 28 year old who is recently divorced and has a 4 year old son? Good luck with that.

itstime
04-29-2013, 11:02

If I were you, I would be questioning HER motivation for being in the relationship.

Couldn't have said it better myself...

fnfalman
Ok so after divorcing back in 2006 I've only been in a few dating relationships (by my choice) with women close to or at my age.
For the past few months I've been flirting with a girl at work who's 28 years old and we've recently started hanging out together. We have a lot of fun doing things (yes, that too!) and get along really well together.
Never thought I'd be "one of those guys" dating someone almost half my age but here I am doing it. Not sure where this will end up but I'm in for the ride as long as it lasts.

Pros:
Has a steady job.
Fun to be with.

Cons:
Recently divorced.
Has four year old son.
About 75% liberal.

First of all, as a 46-years-old man dating a 19-years-old co-ed, I bow to your mastery. I am NOT WORTHY!!!:wow:

Secondly, don't take things too seriously and it will work out just fine.

BTW, liberal chicks are freakier, if ya know what I mean.

OctoberRust

Times 1000.

I see this thread going places...... :supergrin:

volsbear
04-29-2013, 11:03
Hit and quit it, bro...

Girl dating a dude twice her age, a coworker, has a kid, recent divorce...

She's gonna be 7 different kinds of crazy before you figure it out.

Ditch the *****.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

fnfalman

Being with an older man who knows how to treat a woman right?

Being with an older man who knows when to give her space?

Yeah, it has to be some sort of special "motivations".

Haterz gonna hate.

OctoberRust
First of all, as a 46-years-old man dating a 19-years-old co-ed, I bow to your mastery. I am NOT WORTHY!!!:wow:

Falman, don't even be posting crap like that unless you have pictures, damnit.

Wait, let me pull a falman right quick.... :supergrin:

.....Is she hawt? :supergrin:

OctoberRust
04-29-2013, 11:04
Hit and quit it, bro...

Girl dating a dude twice her age, a coworker, has a kid, recent divorce...

She's gonna be 7 different kinds of crazy before you figure it out.

Ditch the *****.

Me thinks she might have daddy issues. :dunno:

GVFlyer
04-29-2013, 11:04
I would relate to it like an E coupon ride at Disney Land - you enjoy it while you're on it, but there's no remorse when it's over.

Dennis in MA
04-29-2013, 11:07
Well given that you work together, my question is moot: Does she have better dental ins than you. :rofl:

volsbear
04-29-2013, 11:07
Maybe we need to see her picture.

Rooster Rugburn
04-29-2013, 11:08
After Buster Douglass beat Mike Tyson, he was asked what his strategy was going into the fight.

"Hit him hard, and often", he replied.

ARs&AKs
04-29-2013, 11:09
Being with an older man who knows how to treat a woman right?

Being with an older man who knows when to give her space?

Yeah, it has to be some sort of special "motivations".

Haterz gonna hate.

This is one of the reasons she said she likes to be with me. Says most guys her age are jerks. I still hold doors open for ladies and she thinks it's cute.

Dave.1
04-29-2013, 11:11
I think the age part is between the two of you.

The co-worker part can be (and usually is) a growing problem.

The kid of any age would be a deal breaker for me but probably is OK for many people.

Dave

ray9898
04-29-2013, 11:11
You come on GT asking if you, a 55 year old should be dating a 28 year old who is recently divorced and has a 4 year old son? Good luck with that.

More like "come to GT and ask for any relationship advice".

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 11:16
Falman, don't even be posting crap like that unless you have pictures, damnit.

Wait, let me pull a falman right quick.... :supergrin:

.....Is she hawt? :supergrin:

Of course she's HAWT.

My bad, she's just turned twenty a few weeks back.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/fnfalman/Dive%20Photos/Natalie1_zpsc72baa8d.jpg

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 11:17
Me thinks she might have daddy issues. :dunno:

Whatever it takes to land some tails.

airmotive
04-29-2013, 11:19
deleted

OctoberRust
04-29-2013, 11:19
hey man! what happened to that short haired brunette you were hanging out or shooting with?

Either way, props to you man!

Here's my question to the guy's in their 50's.... How do you find these women beside work? Like are you the older guys that go to the bars/clubs the 20 year olds go to, or?

I'm genuinely curious, and no I'm not asking for myself, since I'm 24. :supergrin:

Whatever it takes to land some tails.

Agreed! I'm not going to say I didn't use certain circumstances to my advantage to get what I wanted either. That's the way life works, hah.

Dubble-Tapper
04-29-2013, 11:20
Sounds like she's lookin for a new baby daddy. An older, stable one with a bank account and a house.

Nah, young chicks only go after older guys for the needed space and proper treatment... Right fnfalman?

In all seriousness, have your fun, just don't act like a human ATM

OctoberRust
04-29-2013, 11:21
28 I can see. At least she's a woman. There's a fully developed brain within her skull.
19? No.
Although legally not a child, mentally and emotionally, that's a child.

Awwww cmon, don't hate the player, hate the game! :rofl:

Combatcomm
04-29-2013, 11:22
Not as big of an age difference, but my wife was 23 and I was 38 when we started dating.Married almost 14 years now. It can work. Good luck to both of you.

gwalchmai
04-29-2013, 11:24

Pros:
Has a steady job.
Fun to be with.

Cons:
Recently divorced.
Has four year old son.
About 75% liberal.

So is this a recipe for disaster or does it have a chance to work?Sounds great. What could go wrong? GLWS!

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 11:25
hey man! what happened to that short haired brunette you were hanging out or shooting with?

She's too old...late twenties. And that was like two years ago.

Here's my question to the guy's in their 50's.... How do you find these women beside work? Like are you the older guys that go to the bars/clubs the 20 year olds go to, or?

I'm not in my 50s yet, but I don't go to bars/clubs any more. Not that I care what people think about old farts like me cruisin' da night clubs, I just can't stand the damn music.

I don't know about other states but chicks are everywhere in SoCal. Hell, they're everywhere at other locales too. I meet them at shooting ranges, motorcycle rides/spots, SCUBA outings, restaurants (HAWT co-ed waitresses), at the grocery store, art galleries, etc.

It's like the joke about the young bull and the old bull:

The young bull said to the old bull, " Dang it, look at all them fine heffers down at that field, let's run down and git us some!!!"

The old bull replied, "Son, we'll walk down there and take'em all!!!"

Agreed! I'm not going to say I didn't use certain circumstances to my advantage to get what I wanted either. That's the way life works, hah.

None of us are perfect and if the chicks were to want knights in shining armors, they sure as heck wouldn't be talking to me.

Baba Louie
04-29-2013, 11:31
ARs/AKs
A man's gotta do what a mans gotta do. So get to doing it. (U lucky sannafrazzinoldgrummmblepervinonyoungfemalesluckybuggar U)

Might I add, "Savor each second." :whistling:

and smile. :supergrin:

A Lot.

(I recommend vitamins)

Dennis in MA
04-29-2013, 11:33
Of course she's HAWT.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/fnfalman/Dive%20Photos/Natalie1_zpsc72baa8d.jpg

Restraint vest and big white blindfold. Just how I figured you got the wimmins, Fally.

PaLEOjd
04-29-2013, 11:33

Pros:
Has a steady job.
Fun to be with.

Cons:
Recently divorced.
Has four year old son.
About 75% liberal.

Sounds like she was looking for someone to support her and her son and you took the bait. Now she's got a place to live with her son and an older guy who can't see what's really going on, happens all the time. Get out while you can......If not, don't complain when she takes you for everything after you decide it's a good idea to get married again a few years down the road.

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 11:35
Restraint vest and big white blindfold. Just how I figured you got the wimmins, Fally.

Dammit, there goes my ancient Chinese secret.

M&P15T
04-29-2013, 11:40
Dammit, there goes my ancient Chinese secret.

We gotta hang out one day fn...

I like the cut of your jib.

NeverMore1701
04-29-2013, 11:40
Enjoy it while it lasts, and don't get broken up when it's over!

ETNSHOOTER
04-29-2013, 11:41

I 2nd that!!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 11:42
We gotta hang out one day fn...

I like the cut of your jib.

I like the cut of her jib.

Life is too short to take many things seriously.

When I was a lean & mean fightin' machine, older chicks dug me too and while none of the "relationships" amounted to a hill of beans, it was fun while it lasted.

GVFlyer
04-29-2013, 11:44

I'm genuinely curious, and no I'm not asking for myself, since I'm 24..

I see a lot of commercial relationships - both among young executive women in the workplace with wealthy, older executives and in relationships external to the workplace.

Paying a girls rent is commonplace, but it's not unusual for the more powerful execs to drop a $100k a year or more on a mistress.

The guys are generally married and have a spouse who won't do some things or just aren't interested in sex anymore. Divorce is out of the question, because it would cost the guy half his treasure.

Diesel McBadass
04-29-2013, 11:45
when im an old man i may troll the local communtiy college

WT
04-29-2013, 11:45
The court will award her and your new child $100,000 a year for the next 21 years.

Good luck.

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 11:46
when im an old man i may troll the local communtiy college

Just ponder at the duck pond. Or take a few poetry classes.

Diesel McBadass
04-29-2013, 11:55
im 22 so i have a long life ahead of me before becoming a dirty old man

28 would be bangin and older woman, sounds legit either eway :)

clancy
04-29-2013, 12:00
As one who dated a 20 year old when I was 40, and a 27 year old when I was 52(and a 28 year old when I was 18 but that is a different thread) all I can say is enjoy it while it lasts. It is one hell of an ego boost, but it isn't going to last forever.

But it will give you something to smile about when you are in a nursing home,

cowboywannabe
04-29-2013, 12:07
can she pay her own way, all the way?

if not shes looking for a sugar daddy.

know your role and dont expect it to be more.

JMS
04-29-2013, 12:10
Nothing wrong with that, I once dated a 16 year old..

..when I was 17 :tongueout:

Kozel
04-29-2013, 12:17
Child molester!

Ironbar
04-29-2013, 12:23
Here's a self-portrait of the OP:

http://tazziedevil.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/8-28-09-fish-hooked.jpg

OneBigDude
04-29-2013, 12:26
I would have no problem with the situation if it wasn't a co-worker. This situation usually leads to problems, at least in my case.

fallenangelhim
04-29-2013, 12:32
Does it work the other way around? If I am 27 dating a much older woman? Haters gonna hate?

Diesel McBadass
04-29-2013, 12:38
Does it work the other way around? If I am 27 dating a much older woman? Haters gonna hate?

is she hawt?

Butcher
04-29-2013, 12:43
Pics or it didn't happen

Kozel
04-29-2013, 12:46

You miss your grandma that much?!

ditto1958
04-29-2013, 12:51
Be careful, OP. She may just be using you for your guns and ammo. :-)

coastal4974
04-29-2013, 13:00
The 4 year old and being liberal would be enough for me to run in the other direction. But, as long as you enjoy it, thats all that matters. Who knows, she just might convert you to the left side and you can sell all your guns and buy a volvo and some crocks. :wavey:

BIGBEAR92314
04-29-2013, 13:00
Enjoy it while it lasts!

Steel Head
04-29-2013, 13:04

This:wavey:

Bushflyr
04-29-2013, 13:22
I came into this thread expecting a punchline. "There's twenty of them." :whistling:

But serially, who cares about the age difference? She likes you, you like her, run with it.

jtmac
04-29-2013, 13:30
My dad is in his mid-50s and dating someone in her early-mid 30s. They married when she had just hit 30.

She's the best thing that ever happened to the family.

A person is not defined by their age. You should use age as a statistic to help evaluate a person, but you should not make assumptions when you are dealing with a person you can judge for yourself.

If you aren't capable of judging a person when you're 55 and through one marriage already, you either need to work on yourself for a while or enlist trusted advisors (preferably people who can really know you both--which means probably not on GT).

Padre
04-29-2013, 13:46
Maybe she has a Sony Bravia :rofl:

Geeorge
04-29-2013, 13:59
Of course she's HAWT.

I understand your ear to ear smile:wavey:

TX OMFS
04-29-2013, 14:08
OP, don't lose your job over this...

ARs&AKs
04-29-2013, 14:36
My dad is in his mid-50s and dating someone in her early-mid 30s. They married when she had just hit 30.

She's the best thing that ever happened to the family.

A person is not defined by their age. You should use age as a statistic to help evaluate a person, but you should not make assumptions when you are dealing with a person you can judge for yourself.

If you aren't capable of judging a person when you're 55 and through one marriage already, you either need to work on yourself for a while or enlist trusted advisors (preferably people who can really know you both--which means probably not on GT).
WoW! Some good, common sense advice. Thanks!

jakebrake
04-29-2013, 14:42
Times 1000.

I see this thread going places...... :supergrin:

do they involve a bucket , or a handbasket?

jakebrake
04-29-2013, 14:43
Of course she's HAWT.

get a haircut, ya hippie!

wrczx3
04-29-2013, 14:45
Go for it man! I am 50 and my wife is 30.

Bruce M
04-29-2013, 14:48
Sometimes a dangerous road is more fun than a safe road.

LASTRESORT20
04-29-2013, 14:49

"BTW, liberal chicks are freakier, if ya know what I mean"

Ya...but they always whine....and say gimmie...gimmie...:supergrin:

*Nothin like a good Conservative....WOMEN :cool:

Hawkeye16
04-29-2013, 14:51
You come on GT asking if you, a 55 year old should be dating a 28 year old who is liberal? Good luck with that.

Ifyp

KevinFACE
04-29-2013, 14:54
Danger Will Robinson.

OctoberRust
04-29-2013, 15:00

Got me to thinking about what you both said.

I disagree with both.

Get a libertarian woman. Not only do they not pay attention to silly things like societal construct, but they also don't say gimme gimme gimme :supergrin:

Best of both worlds!

norton
04-29-2013, 15:16
One of my high school friends met and then ran off with an 18 year old-
When he was 55 and married.
They are married now, and have been for at least 6 years. No, she did not have any kids.
Yes, he lost most of his friends when he abandonded his wife.
I don't imagine he cares though. :supergrin:

Piolin
04-29-2013, 15:22
Seven years ago she was 25 I was 48, now two two daughters, we going to celebrate the 3rd birthday for the little one next week, It could work, but there is not guarantee, I say go for it but be honest to her and yourself and ask for the same

Green_Manelishi
04-29-2013, 15:28
Deleted.

AngelDeville
04-29-2013, 15:44
I'm 41, wife is 27.... married 4 years now, I thought that was a stretch, but my wife is more mature than I am.

Get a vasectomy and a metric buttload of little blue pills and enjoy it!

No one was ever on their death bed regretting tappin' some....

Bushflyr
04-29-2013, 16:02
Ya...but they always whine....and say give it to me...give it to me...:supergrin:

Fixed.:rofl:

fx77
04-29-2013, 16:07
As said in Smokey and Bandit
U can think it but don't do it!

Travclem
04-29-2013, 16:13
How are her teef?

The Fist Of Goodness
04-29-2013, 16:14
Of course she's HAWT.

Awww. Look at her helping that old guy across the street.:whistling:

sappy13
04-29-2013, 16:16
Just enjoy it while it lasts. No point not. I man worse comes to worse u go your separate ways. Just make sure all your money is in your pocket.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

IndyGunFreak
04-29-2013, 16:17
OP, don't lose your job over this...

This needs to be posted.. again.

This just has mess written all over it. Young chick with a kid, much older man, and you're co-workers? Please tell me you're not a manager and she's a subordinate.

Unless you can find another job tomorrow when she files a complaint against you.... RUN RUN RUN.

lpo
04-29-2013, 16:20
Of course she's HAWT.

The guy in the background is staring at her ass...... Or yours. I won't judge. :rofl:

OP- do what ya gotta do. Just make sure you use your big head a little bit while your using the little one, and be prepared to run if you hear a hissing sound from her head.

Edited to fix a grammatical error.

Marine123
04-29-2013, 16:23
Just enjoy it while it lasts. First sign of trouble just book it and don't look back bro.

railfancwb
04-29-2013, 16:25

Worked for Liz Taylor - several times.

Gonzoso
04-29-2013, 16:26
Good for you! I'm 27 and my girlfriend just turned 20 in February. We've been dating since she was 18 and I was 25.

Seemed like a big difference then but not now. Her family loves me, except her grandpa. He's got the alzheimers and forgets me, so every time he sees me he meets me all over again and realizes she's dating an older guy, kinda awkward.

Anyway younger is the way to go. Younger women have less baggage and are more willing to learn new things and such.

Also more fun in my opinion.

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 16:29

I don't want any conservation in the boudoir. :supergrin:

eb07
04-29-2013, 16:46
Bunch of jealous people here. Hit it long and often. Get fixed first. Enjoy!!

OctoberRust
04-29-2013, 16:51
Semi related.

I wear your grand dad's clothes.
I look incredible. :whistling:

MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - THRIFT SHOP FEAT. WANZ (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 17:00
The guy in the background is staring at her ass...... Or yours. I won't judge. :rofl:

I've been told by chicks that I have a mean wazoo and a nice set of gams. Who am I to complain that a fellow also takes a gander at my best "assets"? He can look, just don't touch.

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 17:01
Awww. Look at her helping that old guy across the street.:whistling:

I play the sympathy card like a mutha. Whatever works, baby. Whatever works.:cool:

G23Gen4TX
04-29-2013, 18:23
Lucky bastard. LOL.

All I can say is, if she is worth it then be nice to the kid and to her. Unless you have a lot of money, the older guys don't get a lot of young action.

stevelyn
04-29-2013, 18:31

Pros:
Has a steady job.
Fun to be with.

Cons:
Recently divorced.
Has four year old son.
About 75% liberal.

I think you need to send your ex a message. :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6giyjwr64c

Upgrayedd
04-29-2013, 18:35
I'm 37 and I've been hanging out with a 25 year old. Some say I'm robbing the cradle but I say she's robbing the grave. If you want to see the age difference, just tell her any story that starts with "back in the nine-deuce".

Daltini
04-29-2013, 18:46
Pretty funny hearing the perspectives of older guys. -A 17 year old

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 18:54
Pretty funny hearing the perspectives of older guys. -A 17 year old

There's a reason why younger chicks dig older dudes and older chicks dig younger dudes.

NH Trucker
04-29-2013, 19:18

^^^^^This... Definitely this. Way to go OP, and fnfal!

Daltini
04-29-2013, 20:00
There's a reason why younger chicks dig older dudes and older chicks dig younger dudes.

The majority of girls go "ew hes like 10 years older than me."

Gonzoso
04-29-2013, 20:08

Yeah, until you take them in your nice car/motorcycle to an exotic location with good food, booze and a hot tub.

Besides the fun ones don't say ew.

Gonzoso
04-29-2013, 20:14
When I was in high school a lot of the girls went with guys slightly older.

Same thing in college.

Now I'm that guy and it's about time!

ysr_racer
04-29-2013, 20:19
Of course she's HAWT.

Why do you have a white bar across your face?

Mr. Niceguy
04-29-2013, 20:20
I'm 45 and am dating 23 and 26 year old ladies. Good for you and have fun.

G17Jake
04-29-2013, 20:29

Definitely something to consider.

dhoomonyou
04-29-2013, 20:34
As long as your HEART lasts.

BLESS u.

fnfalman
04-29-2013, 20:40

Since that more than half the people are chicks, the minority still provides plenty of games for harvesting.

It's the thrill of the hunt.

napp32
04-29-2013, 20:45
I'm 76 and dating a 22 year old girl. It's not always a bed of roses. Just last week we were out for dinner and some folks at the next table kept making snide remarks about cradle robbers and pedophiles. We finally got up and left the restaurant; but it was too late....our tenth anniversary was already ruined. :whistling:

ezthumper
04-29-2013, 20:48

Pros:
Has a steady job.
Fun to be with.

Cons:
Recently divorced.
Has four year old son.
About 75% liberal.

Dude, age does not have too much to do with it. It is where you fit together mentally and emotionally.

Have done the divorce thing a few times, and dated a variety of ladies. And at this age, this is where we enjoy it more, than when we were in our 20's.
Not t mention we are more accomplished, confident and less hang ups on self.

I feel more alive now at 46, than I have at 20 or 30.

Diesel McBadass
04-29-2013, 21:02
still waiting for pics here :)

vikingsoftpaw
04-29-2013, 22:25
At 47 year of age, any conversation with a lady close to my age, quickly goes to two subjects. First the number of kids I have, secondly my job (how much I make). I know what I am being reviewed for.

I find women my age want a lot out of a relationship, but bring little to it.

The younger ones, I find expecting everything to be handed to them. They have a desire to do the stay at home mom thing. She may see you as the older stable provider.

How is her lifestyle? Can she adequately exist on what she alone makes? Is the child support enough.

Strap up, at 28 she's going to want another kid.

Also who was it that said, "Don't put your meat where you make your bread."

NeverMore1701
04-29-2013, 23:20
Of course she's HAWT.

Found your family pic, pretty rad dude!

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k533/Tacticalaj/1367298330_zpsa8be0678.jpg

Diesel McBadass
04-29-2013, 23:26

damn that geneology stuff is getting good

skeeter7
04-29-2013, 23:27

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Folsom_Prison
04-29-2013, 23:28
http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k533/Tacticalaj/1367299513_zpscefadf96.jpg

glocktecher
04-29-2013, 23:35
The "work" thing would be a biggie to me. That could be, and I have no way of knowing your circumstances, a disaster in waiting.

Other than that, have fun.

Then, other than that, change your damn name and run to the most remote place on earth.

Folsom_Prison
04-29-2013, 23:40
If I were in the OP's shoes, I'd go on a three day Viagra bender!.....

NeverMore1701
04-29-2013, 23:43
Don't think you can bend it while on Viagra...

Diesel McBadass
04-29-2013, 23:43
have one coworker i would bang if i was single, one if i was single and drunk, the others can step aside, if she hawt go for it!

Folsom_Prison
04-29-2013, 23:55
have one coworker i would bang if i was single, one if i was single and drunk, the others can step aside, if she hawt go for it!

Beauty is only a light switch away FYI! :rofl:

Diesel McBadass
04-29-2013, 23:59
one of my managers accidentally touched my junk recently, too bad she aint hot! The stores pretty small, easy to bump into each other!

TK-421
04-30-2013, 00:44
Hit it as often as you can, but don't get her knocked up and don't get too attached to her. Someone that young being with someone almost twice her age, plus divorced, plus a 4 year old kid, I agree, she's messed up. But that doesn't mean you can't have your fun while you can, just don't be surprised if it ends suddenly, and try not to get attached.

OctoberRust
04-30-2013, 06:56
Yeah, until you take them in your nice car/motorcycle to an exotic location with good food, booze and a hot tub.

Besides the fun ones don't say ew.

So does that make me the ultimate ladies man, then?

Since I have a nice car AND I'm young? :rofl:

Man, I should be bagging girls left and right then. :whistling:

Kempo
04-30-2013, 07:21
It can work. I'm 65, my wife is 37, we've been married 14 years this month and have a 3 year old boy.

airmotive
04-30-2013, 07:33
I was expecting this thread to get MUCH wierder.
Instead...it's gotten quite serious.
Jobs at risk.
Children facing the loss of an elderly parent before reaching high school.
Eurodriver's dad.
Not trivial topics.

OctoberRust
04-30-2013, 07:51

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glock30Eric
04-30-2013, 07:54
75% liberal.... I'll run out of the door right now!!!

FL Airedale
04-30-2013, 08:43
Congratulation to you older guys dating much younger women.

At the age of 44 I got in brief relationship with a 29 year old. I thought that was a big age difference. By then I was wise enough to get out when I discovered she was a pathological liar.

Too bad. She was pretty hot.

Bruce M
04-30-2013, 09:51
I'm 76 and dating a 22 year old girl. It's not always a bed of roses. Just last week we were out for dinner and some folks at the next table kept making snide remarks about cradle robbers and pedophiles. We finally got up and left the restaurant; but it was too late....our tenth anniversary was already ruined. :whistling:
:rofl::rofl:

Glock20 10mm
04-30-2013, 10:31
Of course she's HAWT.

Dude... yer Asian! And she has like a weird patch where her eyes should be...

:rofl:

Sorry... if my humor doesn't pan out I have an excuse. My 16month old has been really... really... really sick the last 4 days and mom and I have not gotten much sleep.

Glock20 10mm
04-30-2013, 10:35
I know that Spanish women (at least Catalonia's women) prefer older men. I asked Gemma about that while we were dating (I am 12 years older then her) and she said they prefer the older men due to them being more stable in a job, more attentive to their women and better experienced in bed. So... enjoy the ride and don't stress it. What other people think? That's their problem not yours.

Thing is if she didn't have to go back to Spain or if I could have gone with her we would still be together today.

smokeross
04-30-2013, 10:51
I've dated women 20 years my junior. Never had any complaints.

AngelDeville
04-30-2013, 14:19
I've dated women 20 years my junior. Never had any complaints.

Turn up your hearing aid.....:tongueout:

fnfalman
04-30-2013, 14:42
Cowabunga, dude!!!

Chicks dig turtles because we do it slow and long. Plus the long necks that we have...

Elmoh01
04-30-2013, 20:12
When I was 35, I dated a woman that was 20. Only time it seemed a little uncomfortable was having dinner with her family for the first time. Her mom was 2 yrs older then me, and gave me the stink eye all night. All I could think was "I don't think you should have to kiss your daughter on the lips today."

It was fun while it lasted.

mad220860
04-30-2013, 20:44
Poor bastard get what u can while u can because it wont be long before she want the young bull again!! If she hasnt found one already and still has the old bull for a certain reasons! :popcorn:

wallytoo
04-30-2013, 21:39

Forget that! Relish the peace and quiet by turning the hearing aid DOWN!!

Reminds me of my favorite jo...er true story.

Why don't women fart as much as men?

Because they don't stop talking long enough to build up any pressure.

glock_collector
05-01-2013, 06:50
I see this not working....have her pm me her info and I'll rescue you from a potential life of happieness (way beyond anyones dreams) and thataway you we dont have to hear you brag about her!!

ARs&AKs
05-01-2013, 07:40
More Food For thought:

1) Yes, I'm "fixed" so no more kids no matter what she wants.
2) Yes, I have what most would consider a substantial bank account. Not filthy rich by any means but she thinks I am.
3) I retired from my job three years ago and work part time at the place she does. I'm just a regular Joe there and she's an Admin person so no supervisor/subordinate thing to worry about.

As far as pics go, that's a big no no. She is very nice looking though; blond, slim, 5'11" :wow: very impressive looking lady.
My younger co-workers are all jealous of me and think she's just wanting a sugar daddy which may be true but too early to tell.

Oh yeah - Her father, who is 53, just married a girl who is also 28 :whistling: and they are happy so things like this can actually work.

MrMurphy
05-01-2013, 08:35
My uncle, now deceased was in his mid 50s and married again to a 32 year old. Their son is in his 20s now. It lasted 10+ years till his death (no, he did not screw himself to death...)

I've known multiple 10-20 year difference marriages. Some worked, some didn't. For that matter seen a five year apart marriage fall apart because she was still in 18-yr old party mode (in her mid 20s) and he wasn't. She started cheating and got pregnant with another dude. She lost everything, he kept everything (literally....just about everything they owned).

Mr T
05-01-2013, 10:04
So..... did you sneek a pic of her, via your avatar?

fnfalman
05-01-2013, 10:24
So, did you sneek a pic of her, via your avatar?

I pity the fool!!!

larry_minn
05-01-2013, 10:37
It is true gals (often) are more mature then guys at younger age. The few under 20 I dated when I was 24. They really were children. I am proud (and honetly at times regret) I did NOT take advantage of this...
You have to decide. If you get along, realize there are issues (there always are) Why not?
Get to know kid. Are you planning long term? its part of package.
Good friend of mine had two kids 50/50 with ex. His new GF was seldom around kids. He got married. She seldom had anything to do with kids. (elem age) Well one (kid) got sick. He took 3 days off to be at home with her. He NEEDED to be at work next day. He asked his wife to stay home with kid (she had lots of days off) She said "She is NOT my child!"
He filed for divorce that week. Its a package.

JackMac
05-01-2013, 20:04
Mr. "T" said it best....pitty the fool!

robbcayman
05-01-2013, 20:35
What's your 5 year plan... don't die? (Big Daddy... anyone?)

whitt91
05-01-2013, 22:27
i went to a catholic high school, and the priest who was teaching us ethics always promoted the rule of taking your age, dividing by 2 and adding 7. thats the minimum you should be dating to avoid complications. its served me pretty well

Green70
05-01-2013, 22:39
One of my best friends from high school married his sweetheart, stayed together for 15 years until she left him at age 35 for her 62 yr old married boss.

He was crushed and stayed single for another 5 years, when at age 40, married a smoking hot nurse he worked with.

She was 23... They've been happily married for 5 years now and everyone hates him...:cool:

His ex is now living in a trailer with a fat old man in Utah...:tongueout:

method
05-02-2013, 02:22
More Food For thought:

Oh yeah - Her father, who is 53, just married a girl who is also 28 :whistling: and they are happy so things like this can actually work.

Any chance she's trying to teach her dad a lesson?

Locojmc
05-02-2013, 18:58
Why do you have a white bar across your face?

Witness relocation program, perhaps? :supergrin:

smokeross
05-03-2013, 10:18
Huh?:fred:

Dennis in MA
05-03-2013, 11:18
Congratulation to you older guys dating much younger women.

At the age of 44 I got in brief relationship with a 29 year old. I thought that was a big age difference. By then I was wise enough to get out when I discovered she was a pathological liar.

Too bad. She was pretty hot.

Turns out she was 59. :rofl:

i went to a catholic high school, and the priest who was teaching us ethics always promoted the rule of taking your age, dividing by 2 and adding 7. thats the minimum you should be dating to avoid complications. its served me pretty well

My 5 yr old son is now dating a 10 yr old. That's Father Mathman!

fg17
05-03-2013, 16:29
Hit it as often as you can, but don't get her knocked up and don't get too attached to her. Someone that young being with someone almost twice her age, plus divorced, plus a 4 year old kid, I agree, she's messed up. But that doesn't mean you can't have your fun while you can, just don't be surprised if it ends suddenly, and try not to get attached.
Agreed

361cop
05-03-2013, 17:38
The OP needs to give me lessons on how to do that.

Landmonster
05-03-2013, 17:51
1) Never date a woman with kids from a past relationship.

2) Never date a liberal woman.

She fails on both counts. Next!

jpa
05-04-2013, 11:11
I'm 37 and I've been hanging out with a 25 year old. Some say I'm robbing the cradle but I say she's robbing the grave. If you want to see the age difference, just tell her any story that starts with "back in the nine-deuce".

LOL I just started talking to a girl at school (community college) who will be 21 next month. I did the math and she was born in 1992. I'm not sure how I feel about that but she definitely seems to be digging on the old dude. ;)

jpa
05-04-2013, 11:21
When I was 35, I dated a woman that was 20. Only time it seemed a little uncomfortable was having dinner with her family for the first time. Her mom was 2 yrs older then me, and gave me the stink eye all night. All I could think was "I don't think you should have to kiss your daughter on the lips today."

It was fun while it lasted.

Her mother gave birth to her when she was 17 and had the gall to give YOU the stink eye? Wow, that's rich.

More Food For thought:

1) Yes, I'm "fixed" so no more kids no matter what she wants.
2) Yes, I have what most would consider a substantial bank account. Not filthy rich by any means but she thinks I am.
3) I retired from my job three years ago and work part time at the place she does. I'm just a regular Joe there and she's an Admin person so no supervisor/subordinate thing to worry about.

As far as pics go, that's a big no no. She is very nice looking though; blond, slim, 5'11" :wow: very impressive looking lady.
My younger co-workers are all jealous of me and think she's just wanting a sugar daddy which may be true but too early to tell.

Enjoy the ride and go for it. Just don't get confused and run off with her stepmother....who is her same age. Damn, now I'm confused.

railfancwb
05-04-2013, 17:27
Heard about an old Jewish guy who came to Catholic confession. He told the Father he had been bedding this gorgeous twenty-something girl twice a day for the past month.

The Father asked "Why are you telling me? You are not Catholic."

The guy responded "I'm telling everybody!"

gruntmedik
05-04-2013, 19:20
If I were in the OP's shoes, I'd go on a three day Viagra bender!.....

Don't think you can bend it while on Viagra...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bruce M
05-04-2013, 20:01
Heard about an old Jewish guy who came to Catholic confession. He told the Father he had been bedding this gorgeous twenty-something girl twice a day for the past month.

The Father asked "Why are you telling me? You are not Catholic."

The guy responded "I'm telling everybody!"

:rofl::rofl:

Aurora
05-05-2013, 01:39
At 47 year of age, any conversation with a lady close to my age, quickly goes to two subjects. First the number of kids I have, secondly my job (how much I make). I know what I am being reviewed for.

The younger ones, I find expecting everything to be handed to them. They have a desire to do the stay at home mom thing. She may see you as the older stable provider.

This has been my experience as well.

I think older men end up with younger women because their lives are more of a clean slate. I've spent my youth serving in the military and going to school so at 48 I don't want to carry around the world's problems anymore. I don't bring a lot of BS to the table and expect the same in return.

My advice to the OP; always examine "the deal" very closely and walk away if it's a bad one. Never let anyone offer you a chump's deal. Everything else is pretty much wide open.

V.

1911ES
05-05-2013, 05:44
Let's see............ how do you spell prenuptial

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz67/jeffdavis_photos/etrade-baby-surprised-face-i12.jpg (http://s814.photobucket.com/user/jeffdavis_photos/media/etrade-baby-surprised-face-i12.jpg.html)

BassCatcher
05-05-2013, 05:59
Go for it. Just don't marry her.

faawrenchbndr
05-05-2013, 06:01
I would relate to it like an E coupon ride at Disney Land - you enjoy it while you're on it, but there's no remorse when it's over.

:agree:

Jake Starr
05-05-2013, 08:19
You both need to seek help....:upeyes:

JohnBT
05-05-2013, 09:09
I'm 62 and I've dated older and younger women. Some worked out, some didn't. A psychologist at work used to say that if you wanted a baby, have one, don't marry one. I didn't agree with her on a lot of things.

So a policeman finds a well-dressed elderly man sitting on a park bench crying. He asks him what's the matter.

Man: "My 22-year-old wife is at home polishing her nails and getting ready for this evening. The maid has prepared dinner and turned back the stain sheets and the champagne is chillled."

Cop: "So what's the matter?"

Man: "I can't remember where I live."

Singlemalt
05-05-2013, 09:10
OP....keep on keepin on.

Fear Night
05-05-2013, 09:10
On the flip side, my wife is a year older than me.

Dating older women is a bigger accomplishment than robbing the cradle :supergrin:

railfancwb
05-05-2013, 11:12
Back in the day...

I recall a Playboy article (yes, the magazine was not 100% pictures) which suggested three phase marriage.

First, 15 year old boy marry 30 year old woman. She would appreciate his high testosterone levels while teaching him the arts of making love to a woman.

Second, the now 30 and 45 couple divorces, and the 30 year old man marries a 15 year old girl. He teaches her the arts of loving and being loved. He enjoys her youthful enthusiasm and she his sophisticated maturity and thoughtfulness. This is the marriage in which children should be born and raised.

Third, this now 30 and 45 couple divorces, with the man marrying a 45 year old woman who has also just finished her second marriage. The two 45 year olds have learned a lot about life and love, and any children are gone or almost gone from the home ready to begin their three marriage cycles. So this third marriage for both should be of the "until death parts".

Interesting concept, but humans being...well...human it would likely never work.

FLIPPER 348
05-05-2013, 11:31

Both!

have fun

jim goose
05-05-2013, 12:37
I've waited until page 7 before checking in to see if he still has this job?

HKLovingIT
05-05-2013, 14:10

How is her lifestyle? Can she adequately exist on what she alone makes? Is the child support enough.

Strap up, at 28 she's going to want another kid.

Also who was it that said, "Don't put your meat where you make your bread."

Same experience here. They are doing "Single Mommy Math."

'I have two kids, he has one kid. He probably makes $X so that leaves $X leftover for me and my kids/lifestyle preferences. Oh! He is a good catch!...I will date him...' :rofl:

I was out with a 32 year old divorced woman and within the first 20 minutes was asked:

1. Where my company's offices are. (That's fine. Innocuous curiosity. Answer: "In a secret government facility not far from here.")

2. What types of automobiles I own. (Hmm. Nosy girl. Answer: "This one and half a dozen big wheels and green machines.")

3. Whether I would say that I lived in a large house or a regular size house. (Hehe. Silly, rude girl. I laughed at her and said "We live in a bunch of shoe boxes taped together, but it's really big. I have a couple of refrigerator boxes for a new addition.")

Pro Tip 1: chicks hate it when you give straight answers to their questions. If you do, you're as boring to them as you sound.

Pro Tip 2: if she likes you and she has already decided in her head that you are someone that she could see herself sleeping with, it doesn't much matter what you say. If she's borderline on that decision, what you say matters. The less you say the better. Her imagination will fill in the rest.

I mentally "next-ed" her from consideration for anything serious before we ever left the first venue. I know all women are sizing up your wallet as they "get to know you", same as I'm sizing up their "assets", and that's fine. It's just when they blatantly verbalize it, especially in the first couple of times that I'm with them that I find it rude.

Luckily for her, her body was banging and she was pretty sweet otherwise, especially in bed, so I forgave her for her previous rude line of questioning. I have kept her in my social calendar but I refuse to allow her to have one of my babies growing in her belly. :cool:

In the main though, I will choose to habitually date women over 35 when I am 55-65.

OP:

Good for you. Enjoy it, hit that till you can't walk right, and then hit it some more. But don't rescue maidens from distress of their own making or get taken advantage of, and unless you want to have kids, don't put a ring on it. Don't write checks to clean up another man's mess.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/wavey%5B1%5D.gif

wk9k
05-05-2013, 22:02
Maybe we need to see her picture.

+1 on that

Triple7
05-05-2013, 22:11
My question is.... You want to be a daddy? If not bail ....

jpa
05-05-2013, 22:36
My question is.... You want to be a daddy? If not bail ....

To her or her child? LOL....

I think the wedding might be a tad uncomfortable when her father goes to give her away and he's 2 years younger than you.

ShallNotBeInfringed
05-05-2013, 22:48
http://forum.fitnessbloggen.no/attachments/this-thread-is-useless-without-pictures-jpg.26212/

jlbeasley1976
05-06-2013, 07:11
My dad always told me "You're only as old as the women you like to sleep with" so in an effort to stay 18...

heliguy
05-06-2013, 07:37
Hey if Celine Dione loves it, so should you!

whitebread
05-06-2013, 09:57
About 75% liberal.

Game over, IMO.