Anyone have one of those friends??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have one of those friends???

w30olds
04-29-2013, 13:22
That just aggravates you? I know this guy who's 50 years old. Lives with his momma. Never had his own place. Never been married. Never had a steady girlfriend. Has zero ambition. Freaking lazy as hell. Blows my cell phone up with text. Then complains about his life and how lonely he is...lol

I really stopped hanging around him about a year ago when I got married. He creeps my wife out. Always stares at her boobs and makes gross burping/belching sounds. Farts all the time. Makes people uneasy due to his questionable social behavior. Basically a gross, old, perverted mamas boy.

My wife swears he's gay and has a man crush on me. I'm inclined to believe her.

So my question is does anyone have/had a friend like that? Short of telling him to leave me the ****** alone not sure how to break off the "friends" thing.

Thoughts? Lol

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Rabid Rabbit
04-29-2013, 13:27
aaahhh no. I've run into a lot of people like that but my loser radar kicks in and I just politely keep my distance when possible.

w30olds
04-29-2013, 13:29
aaahhh no. I've run into a lot of people like that but my loser radar kicks in and I just politely keep my distance when possible.

Yeah that's what I've done. Dude is just a creeper

Atlas
04-29-2013, 13:29
Why did you have a friend like that?

w30olds
04-29-2013, 13:31
Why did you have a friend like that?

He and I worked together a few years ago. I found out his dad had died and I reached out to him. He seemed like he could have used a buddy at that time. He seemed normal for awhile, but man now I'm creeped out by him and don't hang around him anymore

Highspeedlane
04-29-2013, 13:33
My brother in law is 52 and still lives with his parents. I believe for a while they wanted him to move out but now depend on him to do household stuff they are not up to (in their early 70's).

I believe he had one girlfriend once, and my wife tried to set him up with a girl but when he discovered she weighed in excess of 300 pounds he politely declined.

Not that he's a bad guy in total but he has a streak of that "I been there done that and know more than you could possibly know" at times, which probably contributes to why he'll never be in a relationship longer than three weeks.

Batesmotel
04-29-2013, 13:49
Distance yourself.

Life is to short to waste with people who are a waste of life.

G29Reload
04-29-2013, 13:49
Knew someone like that once who didnt give the appearance at first. Knew him from a bar where i used to watch football games occasionally on the weekends.

Seemed nice at first, chatty guy who knew a lot about football.

Over time it became apparent. Never did anything other than paint houses for a living...worked for himself...became obsessed w stalking a girl who had dumped then found out why. Drank constantly, degenerate gambler, lived in his mothers basement at 52, didnt own a car and borrowed his mothers (till he won 30k on a lottery ticket) endless conspiracy theorist, stalked another girl who dumped him, NEVER tipped the bartender but was always begging for free beers. The definition of loser.

Had his number on my cell before i found out what a louse he was then after he blew up my voicemail with a rambling 30 minute message about one of his endless personal problems that he tried to involve me with i just avoided him. Actually kept his numbers in my phone so i knew not to answer them. Finally had to tell him to quit bothering me.

Steer well clear of people like that. First sign of weirdo/creep/loser and youre history. Known a couple women like that too...not as bad but nothingni want anything to do with. Wouldn' really call Scott a friend...more of an acquaintence in a small Virginia horse town.

Ex-acquaintence.

Ian Moone
04-29-2013, 13:52
Does he own guns? That info might play into ditch him.

Geeorge
04-29-2013, 13:55
Had a friend of over 30+ years evolve into that,broke off all contact last year

w30olds
04-29-2013, 14:03
Does he own guns? That info might play into ditch him.

He does own a glock pistol

PBCounty
04-29-2013, 14:04
I still live in the same neighborhood where I grew up. I am surrounded by many, many people who I grew up with who also either never left or they eventually came back. In my thirties, many times each week I see friends of varying degrees who I have known since 4th grade or so. Some have really "evolved" into tragic losers...and while I will still stop and shake a hand and B.S. for a minute - I keep it at that. Sad to see. Thankfully, most of the people who have done well are on the same unspoken page and the loser element is rarely invited to activities.

elsolo
04-29-2013, 14:06
I generally don't befriend losers as an adult, but being friends with me is not dependent upon employment or financial status. If they were of questionable moral character, they wouldn't be my friends. So, yes, I do have a friend that is adult, lives with his mother, has a non-remarkable employment history, and isn't the most popular guy with women; but he would give you his last dime and the shirt off his back, and has never been dishonest in the 20+ years I have known him.

stolenphot0
04-29-2013, 14:12
I know a guy who is headed that direction. I am really good friends with his sisters, both are working jobs they want and married or getting married. He is 27, living at home always complaining about wanting to move. Complains about never having a girlfriend and then spends his money on dumb stuff and never goes out.

PBCounty
04-29-2013, 14:22
I know a guy who is headed that direction. I am really good friends with his sisters, both are working jobs they want and married or getting married. He is 27, living at home always complaining about wanting to move. Complains about never having a girlfriend and then spends his money on dumb stuff and never goes out.

Reminds me of a buddy of mine in the 30's. While everyone else is either married or partying, he's all sour-pants because he can't find a girl. He spends his Friday and Saturday nights in his parents' back yard playing with R/C cars and smoking pot.

w30olds
04-29-2013, 14:32
Lol....he spent his past Saturday night eating dinner with his mom and her friend.

GlockOpsFool
04-29-2013, 16:37
Sounds like you need to give him the old "it's not you, it's me" speech.

HollowHead
04-29-2013, 18:30
That just aggravates you? I know this guy who's 50 years old. Lives with his momma. Never had his own place. Never been married. Never had a steady girlfriend. Has zero ambition. Freaking lazy as hell. Blows my cell phone up with text. Then complains about his life and how lonely he is...lol

I really stopped hanging around him about a year ago when I got married. He creeps my wife out. Always stares at her boobs and makes gross burping/belching sounds. Farts all the time. Makes people uneasy due to his questionable social behavior. Basically a gross, old, perverted mamas boy.

My wife swears he's gay and has a man crush on me. I'm inclined to believe her.

So my question is does anyone have/had a friend like that? Short of telling him to leave me the ****** alone not sure how to break off the "friends" thing.

Thoughts? Lol

You've described a couple of posters here perfectly. HH

silentpoet
04-29-2013, 18:34
You've described a couple of posters here perfectly. HH

I was going to ask his user name. Or say something about how could he talk about me like this. Either one has a certain amount of humor.

tehan2
04-29-2013, 19:25
I can't really judge him yet....I will need to see a picture of your wife's boobs to see if he's a loser for staring

sappy13
04-29-2013, 19:48
Iv know a guy kinda like that. There is a guy i used to know through a girl i dated for like 2 months in 2009. Ever since then he has sent me messages on fb saying hey and catching up. I havent hung out with him since 2009 and even then, it was only a couple of times. I kinda feel like he just needs a freind and someone outside of his circle to ask advise from, cause he asks me stuff all the time about problems in his life. But he also talks about how we should hang out sometime and how he misses that...Every gf iv had since then has said hes got a man crush on me. I dont like to be mean so i typically respond, but i keep my distance. I just dont have any inclination to spend my time when i go to my hometown visiting him when i could see my friends and family.

w30olds
04-30-2013, 05:17
My dog doesn't like him either and she rarely meets a person that creeps her out. Something about him makes the dog go into alert mode.

railfancwb
04-30-2013, 05:50
Not quite the same, but...

Does one still see "old maid" school teachers who live at home with their widowed mothers? I've known a couple. One as a teacher and friend of my parents while I was in high school. The other was a next door neighbor while I was growing up - the girl next door.

byf43
04-30-2013, 06:07
I've got a very good friend that is a retired U.S. Marshal.
Perfect description: Crusty exterior. Heart of Gold. He'd give you anything at any time.
If memory serves me, he's 66 or 67 years old.

He now lives alone. His first wife ran-around on him (while he was away, stationed in the midwest).
He married his childhood sweetheart a few years later.
That marriage lasted about 15 years.

Two things about __________ that aggravates the heck out of me -

• Every sentence includes the "F-Bomb". Without fail. Every sentence.

• Around other friends, he 'must' be the center of attention, even if it's at the cost of someone else's dignity or embarrassment.

Our relationship is like he's my older brother. He and I can discuss ANYTHING.
We've discussed his "F-Bomb" usage (language used during Thanksgiving Dinner at our house!) and he honestly doesn't remember using it!!

Oh well. . . . . at least the conversation is colorful!!!!!:rofl:

ETA: I work with a guy that's 58 years old.
Still lives at home, with Mom and Dad.
He's been on FIVE dates, in his entire life.
When he first started working here (1974), the company wrote a letter to him (after 8 months on-the-job), and asked him to either cash his paychecks, or, bring them all back to work, and they'll 'cut' him a new check equal to what he's holding onto.

He had not cashed even one paycheck, in 8 months of work!!

It's sad, actually. He used to bring in stuffed toys and set them on a shelf, and they would 'watch' him work.

This got a little out-of-hand, and our manager had to have a discussion with him about that and his hygiene. (Never bathed.)

w30olds
04-30-2013, 10:41
When my friend and I use to go to the shooting range we'd invite him. We felt bad for the guy at the time. So we'd all meet and go in to the range. Well he would not bring his gun. Said he would rather watch us shoot? Umm ok. Then said he didn't want to clean his gun? WTF? It's a Glock. One of the easiest guns to clean.

w30olds
04-30-2013, 10:43
I've got a very good friend that is a retired U.S. Marshal.
Perfect description: Crusty exterior. Heart of Gold. He'd give you anything at any time.
If memory serves me, he's 66 or 67 years old.

He now lives alone. His first wife ran-around on him (while he was away, stationed in the midwest).
He married his childhood sweetheart a few years later.
That marriage lasted about 15 years.

Two things about __________ that aggravates the heck out of me -

Every sentence includes the "F-Bomb". Without fail. Every sentence.

Around other friends, he 'must' be the center of attention, even if it's at the cost of someone else's dignity or embarrassment.

Our relationship is like he's my older brother. He and I can discuss ANYTHING.
We've discussed his "F-Bomb" usage (language used during Thanksgiving Dinner at our house!) and he honestly doesn't remember using it!!

Oh well. . . . . at least the conversation is colorful!!!!!:rofl:

ETA: I work with a guy that's 58 years old.
Still lives at home, with Mom and Dad.
He's been on FIVE dates, in his entire life.
When he first started working here (1974), the company wrote a letter to him (after 8 months on-the-job), and asked him to either cash his paychecks, or, bring them all back to work, and they'll 'cut' him a new check equal to what he's holding onto.

He had not cashed even one paycheck, in 8 months of work!!

It's sad, actually. He used to bring in stuffed toys and set them on a shelf, and they would 'watch' him work.

This got a little out-of-hand, and our manager had to have a discussion with him about that and his hygiene. (Never bathed.)

Yeah that's a bit strange for sure.

smokeross
04-30-2013, 11:17
..... don't befriend losers.... lives with his mother, ..... he would give you his last dime and the shirt off his back...
You mean he would give you HIS MOTHER'S last dime and the shirt off HER back.:rofl:

BEER
04-30-2013, 11:21
i have just 1 friend that truly aggravates me, Sam. Sam did 1 stint as a marine. even though he was in the motor pool to hear him talk he makes it sound like he saved the world single handed. what really makes my teeth itch though is that he has a chip on his shoulder toward anybody that has never served in the military. no matter who you or or why you're interacting with him it's guaranteed that within 10 minutes of talking to him the first time he is going to inform you of his time in the marine corp.

i can only handle Sam in small doses, as in i hang out with him maybe 1 night a month or so, and i won't accept his friend requests on fb or any instant messengers, and his number is the only one in my phone with a special ring so i can easily screen his calls.

JMS
04-30-2013, 12:04
I can't really judge him yet....I will need to see a picture of your wife's boobs to see if he's a loser for staring

:needspics:

sappy13
04-30-2013, 13:22
:needspics:

Epic Reply

mr00jimbo
04-30-2013, 15:26
I have a friend who is not a loser Par se but is so unbelievably rude to people that I actually get embarrassed. He will say that he is objectively better than people and will tell people to their face he thinks their career is useless or they're wasting their lives.
It's unbelievable.
I was at a deli with him getting a sandwich made and he asked the girl for an ingredient that cost extra money. She said she couldn't give it to him for free, or else she might get fired. He kept pressing it and eventually gave up.
I told him after he should let it to and said,"how would you feel if you got the poor girl fired."
He said, "honestly, I wouldnt care because it's a stupid job anyways."

His parents throw money at him and he thinks anybody who works or does anything is beneath him.

Whadya think...psychopath?

w30olds
04-30-2013, 17:19
I have a friend who is not a loser Par se but is so unbelievably rude to people that I actually get embarrassed. He will say that he is objectively better than people and will tell people to their face he thinks their career is useless or they're wasting their lives.
It's unbelievable.
I was at a deli with him getting a sandwich made and he asked the girl for an ingredient that cost extra money. She said she couldn't give it to him for free, or else she might get fired. He kept pressing it and eventually gave up.
I told him after he should let it to and said,"how would you feel if you got the poor girl fired."
He said, "honestly, I wouldnt care because it's a stupid job anyways."

His parents throw money at him and he thinks anybody who works or does anything is beneath him.

Whadya think...psychopath?

I'm gonna go with jackass for $100 Alex...:-)