Dang Carnie games at the fair!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dang Carnie games at the fair!!!

04-30-2013, 09:24
They will get your life savings every time!
http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/197958/man-loses-entire-life-savings-on-carnival-game/
:rofl::dancingbanana::dancingbanana::dancingbanana:

Cybercowboy
04-30-2013, 09:34
A carnie's wet dream, that guy is it.

GD2J
04-30-2013, 09:36
I don't know what's worse, that he was trying to win an Xbox Kinect at a carnival game, or that his entire life savings amounts to $2,600.

quantum36
04-30-2013, 09:45
Why didn't the guy just "buy" an Xbox Kinect? Aren't they something like $300 to $400 ?

Chiefret
04-30-2013, 09:47
You have to call shenanigans before leaving the carnival. Otherwise you can't get your money back.

Adjuster
04-30-2013, 09:53
I like his rasta(sp) banana.

/

Joshhtn
04-30-2013, 09:54
I can't believe they gave him $600 back. He deserves nothing.

vikingsoftpaw
04-30-2013, 09:57
I don't know what's worse, that he was trying to win an Xbox Kinect at a carnival game, or that his entire life savings amounts to $2,600.

^ This...

If he got addicted to a carnival game that easily, he'd to the same with any other controlled substances.

As a former carney - Yes the balls and dishes were cleaned with Armour-All.

rednoved
04-30-2013, 09:57
http://d1ihivootxcjo1.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/snoop-and-his-rasta-banana.jpg

Z71bill
04-30-2013, 10:21
When I was about 10 - I went to the Carnival - I had a couple $ to spend - which back in 1968 was enough to ride 10 rides - buy some junk food and play a few games.

I did all of these things - it was fun.

With only one quarter left to spend I tried some game - I can't even recall the details - you needed certain numbers to win - throw darts at balloons - and WOW - after only one try - I was so close to winning the BIG prize - I could take the small stuffed animal - or keep trying and win the BIG PRIZE.

I always kept an extra $5 bill folded up in my wallet - for emergencies :upeyes:- so I figured - WTH - I would spend another dollar and maybe win the BIG prize.

Spent the dollar - and now I was only one number away from winning. :cool:

So I tried another dollars worth - no luck :crying:- still needed the one number.

So I spent another dollar. Still no luck - it seemed like the number I needed was not even on the board!:whistling:

I took my last $2 and left with a crummy stuffed animal.

I would later figure out that the game was a scam - that the number I needed was not even on the board.

It made me feel like an idiot - how could I have been so dumb.:rofl:

In the long run of my life - it taught me a lesson that was worth way more than the $3 I spent - even though back then $3 was like $1,000 would be now.

I wish I could recall what the BIG prize was - hell I would pay $3 just to know - what was so important to the 10 year old me that I allowed myself to get suckered by some carnierat.

Psychman
04-30-2013, 10:31

:rofl: pathetic isn't it?

Joshhtn
04-30-2013, 10:43
:rofl: pathetic isn't it?

How is that "pathetic"? :dunno: At least the guy has (had) some kind of savings.

ateamer
04-30-2013, 10:45
Canada Bill Jones' motto: It's morally wrong to allow a sucker to keep his money.

Steve0853
04-30-2013, 11:03
I wish I could have been there. I know I could have won that X-Box.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

silentpoet
04-30-2013, 16:13
How is that "pathetic"? :dunno: At least the guy has (had) some kind of savings.

:agree:

That is more than a bunch of people.

Spiffums
04-30-2013, 16:54
I love that scene on Joe Dirt where he is spraying the bottles for the ring toss with PAM.

skeeter7
05-01-2013, 00:26
I have to find out where that guy lives. I have a bridge I can sell him for that rasta banana and the $600 that he got back. Idiot.

costanza187
05-01-2013, 03:48
Wow what an idiot!

Not even close to what this guy did, but we know some people who admitted spending $300 to win a big stuffed animal at a carnival. People do dumb stuff like that. WHY is beyond me... first of all, in my limited viewings of carnivals (I absolutely hate them) I have never seen anything they would take if they would just give it to me. Second, if there was something I wanted, I would probably try to buy it somewhere.

It's not like the XBOX thing w/the Kinect is something that cannot be purchased at most local Walmart stores. However, the Rasta Banana is much cooler.

DanaT
05-01-2013, 04:13
Last time I played a carny game was in October. I was at Cannstatter Wasen in Stuttgart (a big festival like Oktoberfest..just a different city).

The afternoon started around 1:30 with some refreshments in the tent and some music. I had some dinner and of course some refreshments all the while listening to folk music. It ended around 11pm when the tent closed up. My friend from Switzerland was there with me so we were speaking english.

So outside there was this carny stand with ping pong balls that were supported on a jet of water and they moved and bobbed around. It was 1€ for 10 shots. You could collect points and win the prizes but they had a sign that if you shot 10/10 you could choose any of the cheesy stuffed animals in the stand.

Well, the first two tries, I got 9/10. People really werent doing better than 1 or 2 out of 10. A few people had been watching me shoot 9/10. Then I went for the 3rd try. I got 10/10. But somehow the carny "didn't see it" (the ping pong balls were all knocked off the water jets so I dont know what was not to "see") but then with a little arguing they said they would give me a "free" try to show them I could do it. Of course my little argument had people watching know. I got my next 10 shots..all 10 were knocked down. Carny got mad when I picked the big stuffed bulldog. I told them I want to spend another euro and try again. They told me to go away and no American soldiers are allowed to play because they are professional shooters...

The part I really dont get is
1) why they let me have a BB gun at all (do to the amount of refreshments I had drinken)
2) how I was able to actually do this (based upon the amount of refreshments I had)

The really funny end to this story is my wife asked me why i had ths huge stuff dog in my suitcase when I came home...

DanaT
05-01-2013, 04:14
WHY is beyond me...

Refreshments?

gwalchmai
05-01-2013, 05:06
Was this an actual occurrence that occurred?

unit1069
05-01-2013, 05:33
I wonder how much alcohol or THC this guy ingested before he let his emotions overrule whatever grey matter he has.

TravismPGA
05-01-2013, 05:45
^probably booze, THC and he'd still be on the couch

MoCop
05-01-2013, 05:50
A fool and his money are soon parted.:faint:

DanaT
05-01-2013, 06:00
^probably booze, THC and he'd still be on the couch

At a carnival it is refreshments..

gwalchmai
05-01-2013, 06:31
^probably booze, THC and he'd still be on the couchHe'd be trying to win a prize at the funnel cake booth.