Police Chiefs Call Senate Gun Control Vote A "Disgrace"; READ THE COMMENTS! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Police Chiefs Call Senate Gun Control Vote A "Disgrace"; READ THE COMMENTS!

ULVER
04-30-2013, 13:12
Strangely, :upeyes: it seems the boots on the street seem to disagree! :supergrin:

http://www.policemag.com/channel/weapons/news/2013/04/29/police-chiefs-call-senate-gun-vote-a-disgrace.aspx

In all my years, I have never found a street cop, who thought "gun control" controlled anything but good guys being able to defend themselves.

"Chiefs" are usually pawns to the powers-that-be, and will go with the script.:steamed:

CAcop
04-30-2013, 13:19
Very true. Even the gun nut chiefs around here keep their mouths shut about their opinions on guns or tell people what they want to hear.

SkyyUniverse
04-30-2013, 13:23
Based on my experience, most police chiefs are handpicked by people with liberal bias anyway. They tend to appoint that position to like minded folks.

Rarely do the boots on the ground agree with the Chief of Police organizations when it comes to political issues that break left or right.

That's how I see it anyway.

pgg00
04-30-2013, 14:07
Police chiefs are nothing but political appointees. They are beholden to others and will spout whatever lines they are told to spout.

Those that stick to their beliefs and principals are usually replaced pretty quickly.

Psychman
04-30-2013, 14:12
Great comments from people who really know what is what. BTW that "chief" in the picture doesn't look like he has been on the streets for 30 years.

Harper
04-30-2013, 14:19
Isn't he from the city where we saw a 10 year old waving a gun around on the street a few days ago?

IGotIt
04-30-2013, 14:25
Police chiefs are nothing but political appointees. They are beholden to others and will spout whatever lines they are told to spout.

Those that stick to their beliefs and principals are usually replaced pretty quickly.

So true.

ERASER
04-30-2013, 14:26
Great comments from people who really know what is what. BTW that "chief" in the picture doesn't look like he has been on the streets for 30 years.

Here's his Wiki entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_H._Ramsey

He's from Chicago (that says a lot, I suppose). The Wiki entry doesn't mention the Beltway Snipers. As I recall, Ramsey said his police were looking for white guys in a white van. I believe the real criminals were two black guys in a dark blue car. Please correct me if my memory is faulty.

Zer0
04-30-2013, 14:59
Up to 94..

Is anyone else just waiting to see how long it takes before they bump the 90 percent lie up to 98 or 99.9 just to make it sound better?

racerford
04-30-2013, 15:32
Up to 94..

Is anyone else just waiting to see how long it takes before they bump the 90 percent lie up to 98 or 99.9 just to make it sound better?

I heard it was up to 103%. Even the dead people in Chicago are voting in favor of background checks!

jakebrake
04-30-2013, 15:44
he is a consumate disgrace to an already pretty damn disgraceful city.

(nothing personal, eraser...i know you live there)
they beg us suburbanites to come spend money in that city, and offer scant police patrols, a mind numbing contempt for our 2nd ammendment rights, and areas that resemble the gaza strip.

if he ever shut his fat face, and paid attention to a damn thing, he'd understand why the residents of that city want to be armed.

i have to chuckle. want to know where the 1% clubs have clubhouses? look for the quiet neighborhoods.

ERASER
04-30-2013, 16:04
he is a consumate disgrace to an already pretty damn disgraceful city.

(nothing personal, eraser...i know you live there)
they beg us suburbanites to come spend money in that city, and offer scant police patrols, a mind numbing contempt for our 2nd ammendment rights, and areas that resemble the gaza strip.

if he ever shut his fat face, and paid attention to a damn thing, he'd understand why the residents of that city want to be armed.

i have to chuckle. want to know where the 1% clubs have clubhouses? look for the quiet neighborhoods.

You are absolutely correct.
Heck, even the cops aren't safe here:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/04/30/off-duty-officer-stabbed-robbed-in-northeast-philadelphia/