Downtown Atlanta's Kick Ass Mall Cop Fired for Assault [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Atlanta's Kick Ass Mall Cop Fired for Assault

Mango40
04-30-2013, 14:40
Darien Long made headlines earlier this week after a video showing him tasering a violent woman outside Atlanta's Metro Mall spread online – it has now been viewed more than one million times.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2b5_1359909145&comments=1

And since then more and more videos are emerging of the zero-tolerance guard refusing to give in to violent threats.

In the footage, filmed by a camera on Long’s uniform, men are heard warning they’ll follow him home; he is racially abused; spat at; threatened with violence and objects are thrown at him all because he’s asked people to leave the shopping center or to stop hovering outside.

Despite being in a position most would find terrifying, Long says he is determined to enforce the rules and believes doing so ultimately helps his community.

He told Atlanta news station WSB-TV: ‘I feel like the taser and the camera are the two most effective tools that I have. Do what you're supposed to do or you get what's coming to you.'

‘What you do is clean up the neighborhood so other businesses can come in and downtown Atlanta can prosper,’ he added

There has been particular support for Long from residents of the city who say they are fed up with people believing they are above the law.

‘This is basically what we deal with every day,’ Resident Daniel Van Briesen told the local broadcaster. ‘For it to happen in the shadow of the capital building and the courthouse is a bit ridiculous.’

The five minute video which launched the vigilante guard into the public eye on Tuesday is from an incident in May. It opens with the guard warning children outside who are making noise.

However, two mothers soon step in and start pushing Long with one warning the guard: 'Don’t yell at my mother*******ing kids! You’ll get beat!'

The confrontation gets increasingly tense as the woman refuses to move back from the mall, starts shouting racial slurs and encourages the young children to join in the abuse.

Long is repeatedly heard telling the woman to ‘back it up’ and move away before she walks to the mall doorway and lashes out.

Long then tasers her.
Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2b5_1359909145&comments=1#o55O9HiCe7DCiC7V.99

Eventually, despite chasing away drug dealers, Long exceeded the legal procedure for a mall guard and was arrested for assault.

Video of the final fight:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f8e_1364164066

rednoved
04-30-2013, 14:56
I remember watching that video a while back. She made contact with him first, was he charged with assault because he used a taser?

moonwilson
04-30-2013, 15:01
I live in Atlanta and that area is ridiculous. There are scumbags loitering around there 24/7, it's seriously creepy and dangerous. What makes it especially sad is that it's right in the middle of downtown- where most cities are safest and nicest. There are plenty of perfectly nice and safe neighborhoods in Atlanta, but that is definitely not one of them. I avoid that area like the plague but there are many folks who have to deal with it all the time. Georgia State University is right there, as is "Underground Atlanta", which was originally supposed to be a tourist attraction, but has been totally overrun by goons with nothing better to do than sit around all day and hassle passersby. The court house is right there, if you need to get new tags for your car or go to traffic court, you have to run the gauntlet of obnoxious scumbags unarmed, because the courthouse has metal detectors. It's awful. There are plenty of cops in the area, but nobody seems to care.

Bravo to that security guard, that area needs more like him. The Waffle House in Underground Atlanta nearby recently had to add a surcharge to all their checks, because they've had to hire a full time police officer to guard the restaurant. That's how bad it is there. If you want to run a business, you need a full time cop on site to keep the scumbags at bay.

teumessian_fox
04-30-2013, 15:05
Ah yes, Martin Luther King would be proud. Typical.

Dennis in MA
04-30-2013, 15:06
Denzel is gonna play him in the movie.

Hey Jake! Jake! Jake!

czsmithGT
04-30-2013, 15:12
I have no doubt the vermin he had to deal with on a daily basis deserved to have their asses kicked. That said, his methods were unsound and posting his videos was not too bright either. Too bad the Atlanta government and police department can't round up all the low life scum in the city and give them all a long stay in jail.

sheriff733
04-30-2013, 15:19
Ah yes, Martin Luther King would be proud. Typical.

:goodpost:

Mango40
04-30-2013, 15:21
I have no doubt the vermin he had to deal with on a daily basis deserved to have their asses kicked. That said, his methods were unsound and posting his videos was not too bright either. Too bad the Atlanta government and police department can't round up all the low life scum in the city and give them all a long stay in jail.

This is the crucial point. Despite his warrior attitude or initial effectiveness, the videos reveal that his methods sometimes went too far. Once out the mall door he could have disengaged or turned the violators over to Atlanta PD.

rhikdavis
04-30-2013, 16:01
This is the crucial point. Despite his warrior attitude or initial effectiveness, the videos reveal that his methods sometimes went too far. Once out the mall door he could have disengaged or turned the violators over to Atlanta PD.

Yup. Let cops do their jobs..thats why they make the big bucks.

He forgot the security guards golden rule: Observe and report.

gwalchmai
04-30-2013, 16:13
That's some very entertaining video. ;)

DreamWeaver88
04-30-2013, 17:02
It's hilarious seeing people get tased (that deserve it). They stiffen up and just fall over. lol.

Flattop67
04-30-2013, 17:25
If Obama had a son...

Glocksanity
04-30-2013, 17:55
Is the MNU (Mall Ninja Union) going to provide for his legal defense?

sheriff733
04-30-2013, 18:23
Did he have a warrant to use that taser?

From what I've learned in the Boston bombing threads, you must always have a warrant. For anything.

220-9er
04-30-2013, 18:36
This is really old news. The guy's a loser with a gun, taser, mall guard badge, and knows someone with a video camera.
We all may fantasize doing things to jerks like that but he had to know his time in the spotlight was going to be short.
Good to know he didn't kill anyone (even though some deserved a good slap down).

Andy123
04-30-2013, 19:17
Tases??? In a couple of those videos it looks like he needs a belt-fed!

Dennis in MA
04-30-2013, 19:23

From what I've learned in the Boston bombing threads, you must always have a warrant. For anything.

He wasn't read his "Don't get your sorry ass tazered" rights card either.

MotoGlock
04-30-2013, 19:31
:goodpost:

Thats wasist!:whistling:

And that is in poor taste.

frank4570
04-30-2013, 20:10

He forgot the security guards golden rule: Observe and report.

Not enough cops and not enough money to pay enough cops.

Ohio Copper
04-30-2013, 20:38

Where I live and work; you could give us 500 more cops and 6 more floors on the county jail and we'd barely put a dent in it.

There are 17,000+ active warrants in my area...

I had to chuckle when he did the Harlem Shake on the floor...:cool:

Ohio Copper
04-30-2013, 20:38

Jacked! :rofl:

SGT HATRED
04-30-2013, 20:58

Dumb post of the year award right here.

And they wonder why....

Ohio Copper
04-30-2013, 21:11
Friends
SGT HATRED has not made any friends yet

I can't imagine why....

bobby_w
04-30-2013, 22:25
I am so grateful that I live in a community that I have no areas that I have to avoid. I can walk, bike or drive anywhere in my town.

BlownFiveLiter
04-30-2013, 22:33
He should have just shot those scumbags. :dunno:

M1a65
05-01-2013, 01:38
The guy's got balls for sure. Certain areas of Atlanta are a pure cesspool anytime of day or night but that area is more like a third world country. Sorry to see this in the capitol of my state or anywhere in America. Part of what's wrong with this country is the lack of want to fix these situations with politicians and police looking the other way. When someone steps up to remedy the situation they are labeled vigilanties, racists or mall ninja's but in reality it is just everyday people who are fed up with the trash in this country...

John Rambo
05-01-2013, 06:19
Am I missing something? He tasered one of the thug guys who were pushing him. I didn't see any woman in that video. Had to listen to it with the sound off though.

gwalchmai
05-01-2013, 06:32
Maybe he can get a job at Virginia Beach (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20236239#post20236239).

gwalchmai
05-01-2013, 06:36
Part of what's wrong with this country is the lack of want to fix these situations with politicians and police looking the other way.I think their politicians are more concerned with Guam capsizing...

wct097
05-01-2013, 06:44
I think this is the original video with the woman getting tasered:

Atlanta Security Guard Tasers Hood Ghetto Mom of Many Children - Darien Long - Mall Cop - YouTube

I could watch this guy taser ghetto scum all day long. Very entertaining. Where do we donate?

DanaT
05-01-2013, 06:45
Where I live and work; you could give us 500 more cops and 6 more floors on the county jail and we'd barely put a dent in it.

There are 17,000+ active warrants in my area...

You must live in a bad area.

Spiffums
05-01-2013, 06:47

Just let everyone be armed....eventually it all sorts itself out. :whistling:

fg17
05-01-2013, 06:59

He forgot the security guards golden rule: Observe and report.:rofl: spent many years working security/bouncing jobs. Got paid to go hands on, not just observe and report.

FullClip
05-01-2013, 07:08
Gotta' get me a few of those wicked cool thumb rings!!:supergrin:

I would have thought the guy woulda' practiced his tactial reloads for the taser a little more...but he does have the sideways 'hood grip down pretty good I have to admit. :upeyes:

OctoberRust
05-01-2013, 07:17
I loved watching this guy's video.

My favorite is when Shaniqua got all uppity on him and he straight up tazed her, as her sons tyrone and jamal were throwing a little hissy fit. :rofl:

If I can find the video I'll post

OctoberRust
05-01-2013, 07:17

Atlanta Security Guard Tasers Hood Ghetto Mom of Many Children - Darien Long - Mall Cop - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMCfMh9hEWA)

I could watch this guy taser ghetto scum all day long. Very entertaining. Where do we donate?

Oh that's the one I was just talking about! LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl:

cphilip
05-01-2013, 07:26
Disturbing... those poor little kids are being raised in that environment. It makes me sad to see them exposed and conditioned to that way of life.

Psychman
05-01-2013, 07:45
Disturbing... those poor little kids are being raised in that environment. It makes me sad to see them exposed and conditioned to that way of life.

You are right. The kids don't have a chance.

Psychman
05-01-2013, 07:46
Sorry, but that "security guard" is as bad as the people he is telling to back up. The only difference is that he is on the good side of the taser.

MaxxAction
05-01-2013, 07:51

Atlanta Security Guard Tasers Hood Ghetto Mom of Many Children - Darien Long - Mall Cop - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMCfMh9hEWA)

My God man...

those kids don't stand a chance in life. Is it any wonder why our inner cities are the way they are?? Jesus....

cowboywannabe
05-01-2013, 08:03
this is the everyday face of downtown atlanta, it is a crap-hole and the city counsel doesnt care.

sheriff733
05-01-2013, 15:14
And that is in poor taste.

No poorer taste than all the education I've received in recent threads from folks with no experience or training in the subject they do their best to teach.

Dumb post of the year award right here.

Little too early to call it just yet...you're still posting.

frank4570
05-01-2013, 15:22
He should have just shot those scumbags. :dunno:

Don't be like that. One of those guys might go on to cure cancer or discover a new element.

sheriff733
05-01-2013, 15:26
Don't be like that. One of those guys might go on to cure cancer or discover a new element.

Crackcocaineium.

:whistling:

SixDemonBag
05-01-2013, 15:44
I was shocked to see it wasn't Asian art students running amok. Shocked I tell you.

And this is the cycle of inner city life that grows like a cancer and politicians use as grounds to try and strip law abiding citizens of their rights. :steamed:

OctoberRust
05-01-2013, 16:27

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

RustyL
05-01-2013, 17:23
Should I feel bad for lmao?

Crackcocaineium.

:whistling:

Jeff82
05-01-2013, 17:36
And he's drinking Pepsi in Coke's home town!!! You go Guy!!

teumessian_fox
05-01-2013, 18:06
I am so grateful that I live in a community that I have no areas that I have to avoid. I can walk, bike or drive anywhere in my town.

Your location says Houston.

I don't remember Houston being a particularly hospitable city. And I remember it got even worse after you invited the katrina refugees there.

frank4570
05-01-2013, 18:47
I was shocked to see it wasn't Asian art students running amok. Shocked I tell you.

I was expecting Amish, or at the very least Mennonites. We all know how they are.

czsmithGT
05-01-2013, 19:01
I was expecting Amish, or at the very least Mennonites. We all know how they are.

Amish beard-cutting hate crimes:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/10/amish-beard-cutting-gather-before-prison_n_3051538.html

cowboywannabe
05-02-2013, 02:10
atlanta has two zoos, one you have to pay to get in to see animals in enclosures, the other is free and the animals roam amongst you.

take a tour of lenox square mall in atlanta........

i have to say that i was so disappointed when i got to see atlanta. after the olympics, the braves, falcons almost doing something.......... some new aquarium (go to the one in tennessee instead).....

atlanta was a big let down in real life. infact, i have to say new york city (downtown manhattan) is better policed and has a better class of people than atlanta by far.

i shoulda known when they lost a pro hockey team for the second time.