Who likes their Samsung Galaxy Note? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Who likes their Samsung Galaxy Note?

Angry Fist
04-30-2013, 16:51
Not the newer one, but the original. Was going to get a S2, but for ~$50 more, I think I'll get it instead.

jpa
04-30-2013, 16:57
I have the Note 2. I love it. I relish the day when tablets are phones and vice versa. This device is one step closer to that reality.

Angry Fist
04-30-2013, 16:58
I have the Note 2. I love it. I relish the day when tablets are phones and vice versa. This device is one step closer to that reality.
That looks nice, but out of range. I found a Note 1 unlocked NIB for $350

kahoys
04-30-2013, 18:11
Are you kidding? I love the original Note, it's my favorite phablet.

NewWaveGuy
04-30-2013, 19:05

That day has been here for quite a while. One of my bestfriends has a full size tablet that is a phone, he imported it from Europe. It's a Samsung Tab, I think he said he paid $1200 for it (I know it was at least $1000). They're expensive, but he LOVES his.

kahoys
05-01-2013, 16:54
That day has been here for quite a while. One of my bestfriends has a full size tablet that is a phone, he imported it from Europe. It's a Samsung Tab, I think he said he paid $1200 for it (I know it was at least $1000). They're expensive, but he LOVES his.

You think with all the APPS available and all that they do, thier would be an APP for that too.:dunno:

ted1
05-01-2013, 16:58
I may be mistaking but I believe the Samsung note10.1" can be used for a phone. And it will be my next tablet oh yes it well be mine lol.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

czsmithGT
05-01-2013, 17:01
It is too big. Thought I would like it, but carrying it around instead of an iPhone gets old pretty fast.

sputnik767
05-01-2013, 17:29
I may be mistaking but I believe the Samsung note10.1" can be used for a phone. And it will be my next tablet oh yes it well be mine lol.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

You are thinking of the Note 8.0 that was just released. Problem is, only the international version can double as a phone, as of now the US version is Wifi only. I have it, and it is excellent as a tablet and the pen works great. It is too big to be used as a phone IMO as it's not going to fit in your pocket.

OP, my friend uses the original Note and has nothing but good things to say about it. I've used lots of Samsung devices over the past few years and have never had any issues.

Angry Fist
05-01-2013, 17:34
You are thinking of the Note 8.0 that was just released. Problem is, only the international version can double as a phone, as of now the US version is Wifi only. I have it, and it is excellent as a tablet and the pen works great. It is too big to be used as a phone IMO as it's not going to fit in your pocket.

OP, my friend uses the original Note and has nothing but good things to say about it. I've used lots of Samsung devices over the past few years and have never had any issues.
Another member here is offering me an S3 at a good price, so I may do that. I wanted the note for the larger screen, (smartphone n00b) and to use AutoCAD WS. I'm sick of hauling a laptop around.

OldSchool64
05-01-2013, 17:40
Doesn't appeal to me.

Still waitin' for 'em to start making a rotary phone that's the size of a wrist watch.

Angry Fist
05-01-2013, 17:42
Doesn't appeal to me.

Still waitin' for 'em to start making a rotary phone that's the size of a wrist watch.
:animlol:When you hit the face of it, does it telegraph?

OldSchool64
05-01-2013, 17:56
:animlol:When you hit the face of it, does it telegraph?

With todays technology, why not?

But if you also want the CB Radio... no doubt you'd be payin' big bucks! :rofl:

sputnik767
05-01-2013, 18:11
Another member here is offering me an S3 at a good price, so I may do that. I wanted the note for the larger screen, (smartphone n00b) and to use AutoCAD WS. I'm sick of hauling a laptop around.

I have the S3, it's an excellent phone. Screen is a bit smaller than the original Note, but not by too much.

Angry Fist
05-11-2013, 04:17
Ended up getting it. This, and an Otterbox Defender. :supergrin:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-LTE-SGH-I717-Black-Unlocked-GSM-Smartphone-/350769498578?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item51ab7dc9d2

Taphius
05-11-2013, 16:05
Ended up getting it. This, and an Otterbox Defender. :supergrin:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-LTE-SGH-I717-Black-Unlocked-GSM-Smartphone-/350769498578?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item51ab7dc9d2

Extended batteries for these phones are really nice to have if you find yourself unplugged for long periods of time.

We have them for our s3 and note 2 for travelling. They are pretty amazing.

Angry Fist
05-11-2013, 23:07
Extended batteries for these phones are really nice to have if you find yourself unplugged for long periods of time.

We have them for our s3 and note 2 for travelling. They are pretty amazing.
I was looking up the 3060 mAh (slim profile, no need for a larger backplate) and 5200 mAh batteries yesterday, and was interested. I just don't know if the Otterbox will support it. If so, I will get one. :supergrin:

czsmithGT
05-12-2013, 04:18
I was looking up the 3060 mAh (slim profile, no need for a larger backplate) and 5200 mAh batteries yesterday, and was interested. I just don't know if the Otterbox will support it. If so, I will get one. :supergrin:

This suggests it is not a good idea to try it with the otter box even if you can force it to fit:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus/170105-otterbox-defender-extended-battery-not-truly-compatible.html

I see there is a company with good feedback selling the Chinese knock off 5200 mAh with back cover on ebay for $9.22 (with free shipping from New Jersey). I have had bad luck with these knock off batteries in the past but at that price point it seems worth the risk, since the normal battery on the Note won't even get through a day of moderate use- at least that is my experience.

Angry Fist
05-12-2013, 13:12
This suggests it is not a good idea to try it with the otter box even if you can force it to fit:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus/170105-otterbox-defender-extended-battery-not-truly-compatible.html

I see there is a company with good feedback selling the Chinese knock off 5200 mAh with back cover on ebay for $9.22 (with free shipping from New Jersey). I have had bad luck with these knock off batteries in the past but at that price point it seems worth the risk, since the normal battery on the Note won't even get through a day of moderate use- at least that is my experience.
I like the most recent post there. Heat gun, make it fit. :supergrin:

Sounds like a GT member!

I'm not going to bother with the big battery. The slim extended one will be good, and the stock battery can stay in the truck.

czsmithGT
05-12-2013, 13:28
I like the most recent post there. Heat gun, make it fit. :supergrin:

Sounds like a GT member!

I'm not going to bother with the big battery. The slim extended one will be good, and the stock battery can stay in the truck.

No I think a GT member would recommend a blowtorch ;)

Glockdude1
05-12-2013, 13:49
I have the first Note. I bought the first week it came out. Love it.

:thumbsup: