Virginia Beach "Beach Week" Rampage [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Beach "Beach Week" Rampage

TriggerHappy007
04-30-2013, 17:57
http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/beach-week-draws-black-crowd-and-violence/?cat_orig=us

Dumpster after dumpster of trash left on the streets and sidewalks. Locals assaulted and beaten. 3 shootings, 3 stabbings, armed robberies. All in one night.

And they wonder why people stereotype the black youth.

For a population that makes up 13% of America's population, they also make up 75% of the violent crime. DOJ statistics. We have a major problem that no one seems to want to talk about.

Let's stop hiding behind being called a racist and start being grown ups and talk like realists.

GoBigOrange
04-30-2013, 18:29
Not surprising. White on black crime happens, black on white crime happens. It's wrong either way.

What pisses me off is the fact that no one is willing to talk about the black on white crime.

And yes, it does appear that statistically young blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime.

Joshhtn
04-30-2013, 18:32
:popcorn:

tarpleyg
04-30-2013, 18:34
We have meeting after meeting and rally after rally at the NC General Assy for gun rights w/ nary a problem. Yesterday I think they hauled off 11 NAACP members, including the chapter president.

Dennis in MA
04-30-2013, 19:47
I recall when Ft Lauderdale cracked down on Spring Break decades ago. Seems VB could use a greater police presence and then have all the businesses - esp the bars - close for the week. Problem solved.

JohnBT
04-30-2013, 21:13
"over a span of just 12 hours from Saturday night into Sunday morning, Virginia Beach police responded to 325 calls for service. Police made 148 arrests."

That's not too bad for a crowd of 30k to 40k in a 16-block area. :whistling:

Not good, but the worst VA Beach riots were at Greekfest in '89 and they've tried to maintain a family-friendly atmosphere since then. I don't care, I nearly always drive the extra hour or two and end up in Nags Head or Hatteras.

g29andy
04-30-2013, 21:40
Same with prior Freakniks in ATL

Tiro Fijo
05-01-2013, 00:17
...We have a major problem that no one seems to want to talk about.

Let's stop hiding behind being called a racist...

You just lost the 47%'ers at that point as everything is racist to them. :wavey:

Rest assured however that as with all things in history the pendulum swings back and the farther it goes one way the farther it will swing back the other way. One day I expect Europe and the USA to explode in a bloodbath of retribution against political correctness. I'm thinking it will be absolutely medieval.

M1a65
05-01-2013, 01:30
You just lost the 47%'ers at that point as everything is racist to them. :wavey:

Rest assured however that as with all things in history the pendulum swings back and the farther it goes one way the farther it will swing back the other way. One day I expect Europe and the USA to explode in a bloodbath of retribution against political correctness. I'm thinking it will be absolutely medieval.

One can only hope...

Gunny Lingus
05-01-2013, 04:23
We have a major problem that no one seems to want to talk about.

Nor do they want threads about it. I suspect a lock is inbound.

gwalchmai
05-01-2013, 05:02
The city should be willing to accept such activity as a cost of doing business with the yute community. If decent people don't want to deal with such violence they should avoid the city.

Shagrat
05-01-2013, 05:05
http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/beach-week-draws-black-crowd-and-violence/?cat_orig=us

Dumpster after dumpster of trash left on the streets and sidewalks. Locals assaulted and beaten. 3 shootings, 3 stabbings, armed robberies. All in one night.

And they wonder why people stereotype the black youth.

For a population that makes up 13% of America's population, they also make up 75% of the violent crime. DOJ statistics. We have a major problem that no one seems to want to talk about.

Let's stop hiding behind being called a racist and start being grown ups and talk like realists.

Zombie apocalypse?

walt cowan
05-01-2013, 05:27
silly black folks.

glocking26
05-01-2013, 05:32
I see a lock on this thread coming. We must be P.C. :crying:

airmotive
05-01-2013, 06:11
I used to tend bar in Va Beach. 19th street on the water. This was in the mid to late 90s. I remember it being ridiculously family-oriented. There were "no swearing" signs up on the street. You couldn't drive past the same spot more than twice in one hour (to prevent cruising)...they really wanted VB to be family friendly and let the partyers go down to Myrtle Beach, Daytona, Miami, or north to Atlantic City.

Never a concern about walking out to my car in the evening.

There's two HBCUs nearby (Hampton U and Norfolk State)...they've always been there. There's never been an issue. They have events and sports and concerts...all non-issues.
But those college events were for actual college students.

This was a public event that was simply promoted as a college event. Enter: thuglife.

Bruce M
05-01-2013, 06:15
:popcorn:

sugarcreek
05-01-2013, 06:42
Thuglife. It's now a spectator sport for too many...

somebodybuymeaglock
05-01-2013, 08:10
We have black spring break down here. Locals-black,white,asian-stay far away from the beach.

Longtooths
05-01-2013, 08:16
The city should be willing to accept such activity as a cost of doing business with the yute community. If decent people don't want to deal with such violence they should avoid the city.

Excuuuse me, did you just say two yutes?

el_jewapo
05-01-2013, 08:25
Has anyone bothered to check bank statements of these yutes? I'm sure if you did, you'd see it's not because they're black, it's because they're poor.

At least I think that's the reason we're all going with these days. Maybe it's something else now.

farnorthwintercamper
05-01-2013, 08:53
Africans will be Africans... Geography does not matter.
Being poor or wealthy also does not matter.

concretefuzzynuts
05-01-2013, 08:55
I rarely go down to the oceanfront but I was heading to a restaurant near the oceanfront that night. I could see the mayhem from blocks away and turned around.

This was not a city sanctioned event, it was just a mass of thugs descending on the city. I have a couple of friends who run hotels and they said the rooms were trashed and there were 10-15 people staying in each room (when they had payed for 4 people).

Another friend who works at the liquor store at the oceanfront said they were coming in 15 or more at a time and just walking out with bottles and not paying. They closed early.

Another friend had to close shop early because they were shoplifting. Many stores and restaurants closed out of fear.

gwalchmai
05-01-2013, 09:09
I rarely go down to the oceanfront but I was heading to a restaurant near the oceanfront that night. I could see the mayhem from blocks away and turned around.

This was not a city sanctioned event, it was just a mass of thugs descending on the city. I have a couple of friends who run hotels and they said the rooms were trashed and there were 10-15 people staying in each room (when they had payed for 4 people).

Another friend who works at the liquor store at the oceanfront said they were coming in 15 or more at a time and just walking out with bottles and not paying. They closed early.

Another friend had to close shop early because they were shoplifting. Many stores and restaurants closed out of fear.That's racist.

tarpleyg
05-01-2013, 09:13
Africans will be Africans... Geography does not matter.
Being poor or wealthy also does not matter.
They're only African when it suits their agenda. The rest of the time they're Americans.

cowboywannabe
05-01-2013, 09:18
anything that is short lived, in the summer time, open to the public, and doesnt require admission to attend will always draw the wrong crowd.

who doesnt know this?