Just listened to "accident" victim report on cause. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just listened to "accident" victim report on cause.

larry_minn
04-30-2013, 21:20
I am almost speachless. (almost)
So there are over 7 people in a Ford Explorer on major highway in Twin cities. (two lanes each way/divided it appreared in accident pics)
Driver has been drinking... She sees a fast sports car (she thinks ferrari ) so driver (who was drinking) tries to race it. (remember she is driving a fully loaded EXPLORER)
The Ferrari is driving so fast/wild that the Explorere PASSES IT and the drinking driver starts to weave across both lanes (I assume to keep Ferrari driver from passing her)
Well she rolls it. A LOT. I believe I heard that SEVEN of folks in SUV flew out. (Must be defective safety belts) and are in serious shape.
The only one able to be on TV somehow stayed inside. (wonder if maybe she had safety belt on???) I REALLY wish they had asked who was belted in...
So 8 people in SUV, lady driver drinking, racing a car (ok it likely was NOT a Ferrari but a car that if driver wanted could SMOKE the SUV in seconds) What could go wrong???

NeverMore1701
04-30-2013, 21:30
Stupid hurts.

janice6
04-30-2013, 21:33
Reports are they did not have seat belts on. driver did.

Shiloh228
04-30-2013, 21:47
Spitting in Darwin's face...

TK-421
04-30-2013, 22:30
And this is why we don't drink and drive folks. Hope the injured people survive.

CitizenOfDreams
04-30-2013, 22:48
Reports are they did not have seat belts on. driver did.

Good for the driver. The sooner she can recover and start serving her sentence.

larry_minn
05-01-2013, 09:58
I kinda figured it was a "Seatbelts are for others" group. I have been run into more then once on highway. Seatbelts kept me alive, allowed me to have (hint) of control after impact to avoid 2nd impact.
I always love folks who talk about "my cousin's sister's boyfriend" Who was ejected from car and walked away without a scratch. "If he was belted in he would have been killed" All I can say that IF that happened he should have bought lottery ticket. His odds were less on winning lottery (major prize) then being unbelted would save his life. (Odds of seat belt saveing live/reducing injury as great as winning couple bucks on lottery ticket.)

fjrdc
05-01-2013, 20:40
Ignorace.....plain and simple..... there was only ONE victim in this mess the young child who was injured, the rest apparently signed up for this misadventure:faint:

goldenlight
05-02-2013, 00:08
I am almost speachless. (almost)
So there are over 7 people in a Ford Explorer on major highway in Twin cities. (two lanes each way/divided it appreared in accident pics)
Driver has been drinking... She sees a fast sports car (she thinks ferrari ) so driver (who was drinking) tries to race it. (remember she is driving a fully loaded EXPLORER)
The Ferrari is driving so fast/wild that the Explorere PASSES IT and the drinking driver starts to weave across both lanes (I assume to keep Ferrari driver from passing her)
Well she rolls it. A LOT. I believe I heard that SEVEN of folks in SUV flew out. (Must be defective safety belts) and are in serious shape.
The only one able to be on TV somehow stayed inside. (wonder if maybe she had safety belt on???) I REALLY wish they had asked who was belted in...
So 8 people in SUV, lady driver drinking, racing a car (ok it likely was NOT a Ferrari but a car that if driver wanted could SMOKE the SUV in seconds) What could go wrong???

The version I heard was that almost NOBODY had seat belts on, including the 3 people who were ejected and killed.

If they had used their seat belts, probably everyone belted it would have survived the crash. I realize that there aren't 8 seatbelts in a Ford Explorer.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

larry_minn
05-02-2013, 09:29
Please note when I posted orig. The pass talking to media said they would all live.
Not that it changes but I just know folks are going to call me evil for speaking thruth when folks died. (I might have been a little nicer if I had known)

Mango40
05-02-2013, 09:48
Just sad, but make stupid choices and you bear the consequences.

GVFlyer
05-02-2013, 09:50
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A survivor of a crash that sent seven people to the hospital over the weekend says the driver was trying to race a stranger in a sports car.
Delicia Davis and six other people were in a Ford Explorer when it went airborne in Fridley on Saturday night. Davis was one of two people not thrown from the SUV.
Davis did, however, suffer 11 cuts on one of her legs and three on the other. Some of the cuts are an inch deep.

“I have 22 stitches,” Davis said.

She said she isn’t lucky, she’s blessed.

“I could be like one of them in the hospital,” she said.
Her friends are in critical condition at two different hospitals. They were all riding in the SUV when it flipped several times.

“It was like the worst seven seconds of my life,” Davis said.

She said she got into her friend’s aunt’s car because it was a nice night for a ride.

They were on University Avenue heading to Brooklyn Park when she says the driver picked up speed.
“There was this man in a Ferrari that was next to us, and then the lady that was driving the car that we was in, she started to try and race him,” Davis said. “We were screaming, telling her like to stop…and she got in front of him, and she started swerving left to right, left to right. The next thing, I know we went in the air.”

Davis says the truck flipped about five times before coming to a rest on its roof.

“I looked out and all my friends were just laying on the ground,” Davis said.

It will be a while before her friends get back to normal. Davis said one of her friends has a broken leg, a broken pelvis and a bruised lung. Another broke her nose and lost an eye.

“They just keep going to surgery,” Davis said.

Davis’mother says she holds her daughter a little tighter these days, and they both pray for those involved in the crash — including the driver and her 4-year-old child.
Investigators think the driver had been drinking. But they said they’ve not heard anything about someone in a Ferrari next to the SUV.

No charges have been filed in this case so far.

Video:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=8828923

rednoved
05-02-2013, 09:56
I had a friend that was thrown from a car(not mine) and killed. After that, I always buckled up, and made sure any passenger in my vehicle buckled up.

PVolk
05-02-2013, 09:56
And this is why we don't drink and drive folks. Hope the injured people survive.
Actually, I was thinking, "And that's why we don't race Ford Explorers, folks". :supergrin:

ray9898
05-02-2013, 10:07
Stuff like this happens daily on the roads. The only thing unique is the number of passengers. If this had been two people like normal it wouldn't even make the news.

Atomic Punk
05-02-2013, 10:21
wear your seatbelts. had some friends in highschool that often went without them. when i told them to put them on in my car they gave me some lines about them getting the possible ticket, and they would be the ones hurt if an accident happened, and they did not think they would get hurt much at all. told them i did not care if they got hurt, i did not want their face breaking my windshield. they buckled up.

Glock20 10mm
05-02-2013, 10:32
I am finding my sympathy cup rather dry.

Bruce M
05-02-2013, 10:57
I would not have thought to try using an Explorer for street racing.

jason10mm
05-02-2013, 11:51
I remember as a kid you only had to buckle up if you were in the front seat (not sure about legally, but culturally it was what we all did). Of course these days kids are kept in car/booster seats till they are 10 so times have'a changed.

larry_minn
05-02-2013, 13:16
What is scary. Far as I know its still legal in MN for you to fill your pickup open bed with people and drive 70mph down interstate.
Figure that one out. I saw some college students on I-94 @ 8 yrs ago. In bed of pickup truck passing me. I mentioned it to Officer later in week. "Thats legal"
I would have no issue with on local roads, speeds under 40mph. (BTDT) but 70+ interstate.

CAcop
05-02-2013, 13:34
Why is she not giving that interview in the local jail?

The evidence left behind in a crash like that plus her statements should be enough to justify vehicular manslaughter or whatever it is in that state. The only reason I can think of is to not start the speedy trial clock.