Oktoberfest Sold Out [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Oktoberfest Sold Out

DanaT
05-01-2013, 04:36
Yesterday, some friends and I decided that it would be good to go to Oktoberfest. So today, I am looking for tickets.

the tents hold 5000 to 10000 per tent. 14 tents. September 21 through October 6.

We are talking around 100000 seats (per shift..there are actually two shifts) for almost 3 weeks. Almost 2 million seats for the evening and 2 million of the day time. Sold out!

Completely sold out. How can there be 4 MILLION people trying to drink beer in a tent?

Big Bird
05-01-2013, 04:37
Ein Prosit! EIn Prosit...

I'm gonna do the Chicken Dance in a minute...

DanaT
05-01-2013, 04:41
Ein Prosit! EIn Prosit...

I'm gonna do the Chicken Dance in a minute...

I am going to do the crazy dance. Scouring ebay now for tickets.

xromad
05-01-2013, 04:50
go to the fest in Stuttgart, mucho less touristas.

DanaT
05-01-2013, 04:54
go to the fest in Stuttgart, mucho less touristas.

Was at Wasen last year.

Friends want to go someplace exotic like Munich... everyone has been to Wasen

xromad
05-01-2013, 04:56
I never thought of Munich as exotic, but whatever floats your boat.

Me and crowds do not get along.

:wavey:

oldsoldier
05-01-2013, 16:28
Nothing wrong with heading to the Oktoberfest in Munich. I made it there 6 times in my three tours in Germany. I don't remember buying any tickets to the beer tents though. When did they start that?

Big Bird
05-02-2013, 19:02
Smoked fish on a stick! Gotta have that smoked fish on a stick....

DanaT
05-02-2013, 19:06
Nothing wrong with heading to the Oktoberfest in Munich. I made it there 6 times in my three tours in Germany. I don't remember buying any tickets to the beer tents though. When did they start that?

Always has been for a reserved spot. You can try and show up and get in a tent but when you don't live in Munich that is not a good plan.

Typically you have to buy a table (8 to 10 seats at about 30 euro each)

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Big Bird
05-02-2013, 19:10
Even though I enjoyed Oktoberfest I always like the local Weinfest and Bierfest in the little towns where I lived in Frankonia. The dry white wine (Frankenwein) has an incredible alcohol content and very unlike the sweet Mosel or Rhein wines...

The little town where I lived also had a Brewerie owned by the family of Field Marshall von Kesselring of the WWII Luftwaffe fame that was the commander of the Axis forces in Italy. Kesselring

http://www.kesselring-bier.de/?newmenid=.0.722

They sponsored a Volksmarch every year and I helped put up the beer tent and the locals always looked out for me as my wife rolled me down the hill to our Wohnung...:rofl:

Of course in the winter there is always the Kristkindlemarkt with gluhwein and Bremser (unfinished wine from the fall) if you are bold (and stupid)...which I was on more than one occasion!